IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 280.
#7701 3 years ago

Ive been playing this for 2 hours each night since I have received this game (Tuesday). Admittedly I think I have other machines I havent put this much time in to in the past year.

And since wonka has been a hot topic recently I just cant understand why people dont like this game. The shots are great has good flow and can be fast. Sure its got some cheap drains but I appreciate the challenge. After understanding the rules I appreciate the integration as well - the call outs are there and all the scenes from the factory tour. Really enjoying this.

Wonka is better than GNR

#7702 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I got 3 Golden Tickets yesterday, but funny thing is, it wasn't a super high scoring game, like about 2mil.
Multiballs on this game are indeed maddening, but so fun.
Question -- What's super jackpot on Oompa Loompa Odyssey? I always get down to 1 jackpot left on the Wonkavision, but the timer runs out or I drain the 2nd ball. I love that mode, so great.

you need to hit the last shot then multiple red jackpot shots will be lit and you just have to hit one of them. I only beat it once and score was 690,000

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Ive been playing this for 2 hours each night since I have received this game (Tuesday). Admittedly I think I have other machines I havent put this much time in to in the past year.
And since wonka has been a hot topic recently I just cant understand why people dont like this game. The shots are great has good flow and can be fast. Sure its got some cheap drains but I appreciate the challenge. After understanding the rules I appreciate the integration as well - the call outs are there and all the scenes from the factory tour. Really enjoying this.
Wonka is better than GNR

I haven't turned on my other machines in 7 days since we got our CE. None of us have. We have loved all of our games int he honeymooning period, but this is different. Literally cannot stop playing!

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

At the top of the FAQ there’s an explainer for how to enter the Kodes. See below:
[quoted image]

SO we keep seeing codes pop up on Wonkavision when we drain....what is the strategy for capturing these? Have someone with a camera ready? It flashes up so fast!

#7705 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I got 3 Golden Tickets yesterday, but funny thing is, it wasn't a super high scoring game, like about 2mil.
Multiballs on this game are indeed maddening, but so fun.
Question -- What's super jackpot on Oompa Loompa Odyssey? I always get down to 1 jackpot left on the Wonkavision, but the timer runs out or I drain the 2nd ball. I love that mode, so great.

For oompa loompa odyssey super jackpot you have to collect all of the regular jackpots first. To do this, start with tackling the difficult shots while you have ball saver on and just focus on one ball. Then when ball saver is off, hold one ball while picking off the rest of the jackpots.

#7706 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

SO we keep seeing codes pop up on Wonkavision when we drain....what is the strategy for capturing these? Have someone with a camera ready? It flashes up so fast!

Yeah I'd have a camera ready and snap a picture if you can. Then check and see if the code is already in the FAQ, if it's not then send it to me and I'll update it!

#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's really about collecting Kid jackpots. Wonka bars are a side quest but it's all about getting the kid jackpots while also working the gobstopper, factory and wonkavator goals.

Im referencing when the game was first released and a primary criticism - which was ignorant and incorrect - was that the main goal of the game was collecting Wonka Bars.

Wonka Bars are a small fraction of the game. They are your bonus, and nothing more. Elegant in a way, and a throw back to when you knew exactly how your bonus was collected and it counted down at the end of your ball.

Compare that to most games nowadays, where there’s no explanation of where bonus comes from? It a freaking mystery most of the time. You can’t play for bonus, because you don’t know where it comes from, which takes away bonus strategy and makes it kind of meaningless.

#7708 3 years ago

How Do you like the Hobbit?

Quoted from DaddyManD:

I haven't turned on my other machines in 7 days since we got our CE. None of us have. We have loved all of our games int he honeymooning period, but this is different. Literally cannot stop playing!

#7709 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

For oompa loompa odyssey super jackpot you have to collect all of the regular jackpots first. To do this, start with tackling the difficult shots while you have ball saver on and just focus on one ball. Then when ball saver is off, hold one ball while picking off the rest of the jackpots.

Isn’t the SJP shot the inner loop to the left of the Wonka Vision? And that lights the red shots foe more points?

#7710 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

you need to hit the last shot then multipel red jackpot shots will be hit and you just have to hit one of them. I only beat it once and score was 690,000

Damn!!

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

How Do you like the Hobbit?

Hobbit is a great game. Its like a long, flowing journey. I'd say some of the best wizard modes in pinball with integration of the beasts and mechs. It really compliments a collection with faster games well.

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Isn’t the SJP shot the inner loop to the left of the Wonka Vision? And that lights the red shots foe more points?

In my experience, once you hit the final green shot (whichever one remains lit) multiple red shots lit and you could hit any to claim the SJP. I only got there once but this is what it looked like to me. Could be wrong of course!

#7713 3 years ago

Im referencing when the game was first released and a primary criticism - which was ignorant and incorrect - was that the main goal of the game was collecting Wonka Bars.
Wonka Bars are a small fraction of the game. They are your bonus, and nothing more. Elegant in a way, and a throw back to when you knew exactly how your bonus was collected and it counted down at the end of your ball.
Compare that to most games nowadays, where there’s no explanation of where bonus comes from? It a freaking mystery most of the time. You can’t play for bonus, because you don’t know where it comes from, which takes away bonus strategy and makes it kind of meaningless.

Collecting Wonka bars and running up the multipliers is a fun side bar to the rest of game!I’ve gotten bonuses of almost 1milllion.The last games I played I got a recorded 17mil game at one point I looked up and had 400+bars and rattled off 8 times bonus

#7714 3 years ago

My last game I had 600k bonus with bonus held. $1.2M!

#7715 3 years ago

I just got mine a couple of days ago. I'm not a fan of the movie at all.. but man this machine shots like butter. And definitely has me wanting to play one more. I was just getting punished for bad shots then all of a sudden I was blowing it up. 3.7m.
I didn't even know what I wad doing. So now I really want to dig in .

20210227_175203 (resized).jpg20210227_175203 (resized).jpg
#7716 3 years ago

My last game I had 600k bonus with bonus held. $1.2M!

Not to get into a pissing contest but what would my bonus be when I had 406 Wonka bars and 8 times bonus?
I was just guessing the 1mil because I usually focus more on how deep I get into game.

#7717 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not to get into a pissing contest but what would my bonus be when I had 406 Wonka bars and 8 times bonus?
I was just guessing the 1mil because I usually focus more on how deep I get into game.

1.6M I believe. 500 per bar (x406) x 8

Had you had “held bonus” you would have had 3.2M!

When you have a bonus like this, that’s when you REALLY want to cash that “Collect Bonus” insert!

#7718 3 years ago

1.6M I believe. 500 per bar (x406) x 8
Had you had “held bonus” you would have had 3.2M!
When you have a bonus like this, that’s when you REALLY want to cash that “Collect Bonus” insert!

Thanks for the tip!I must admit that I still need to learn some of the finer points.It does kind of suck when you jump up to 17 mil from previous high of 13 mil and still only have 3 golden tickets at the end.My settings are all factory.

#7720 3 years ago

Anyone looking for a new Wonka LE playfield?
I’ve got a new one I’m looking to sell. Not sure where to price it. One for sale in the market place now for $750. I’d do less than that. PM me if interested.

#7721 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Collecting Wonka bars and running up the multipliers is a fun side bar to the rest of game!I’ve gotten bonuses of almost 1milllion.The last games I played I got a recorded 17mil game at one point I looked up and had 400+bars and rattled off 8 times bonus

That's what I love about this game, there are so many different ways to play it.

It's got so much depth, but it's fun depth, not just tacked on for depths sake.

I always found games like TSPP a slog, even though it had a ton of depth...Wonka keeps everything fresh and exciting, and the shots just feel so satisfying that I can get lost playing it for hours.

#7722 3 years ago

I have an SE also and this mod is the most beneficial for this model.
Without the Wonkavator lock it is dark as night up there.This and the shaker motor are my two must have mods for us SE owners!

#7725 3 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New playfield for Wonka. Never installed or taken out of the box. I'm happy to pull it out and snap some pictures for the buyer if needed. $450 + shipping.”
2021-03-01
Sioux Falls, SD
450 (Firm)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 374 times

#7726 3 years ago

Hi all, my daughter recently had a Wonka collision under the glass of our Wonka pin and the Oompa Loompa Camera was smashed into a few pieces. JJP was awesome and sent me a replacement right away. Only trouble is I am not sure how to run the wire through the new one. I am guessing I need to remove the connector from the wire and replace it once I thread it through, but I'm not sure how to do that. Can anyone offer tips or point me towards a tutorial on working with wires and connectors?
Thanks.

#7727 3 years ago

It doesn't look like there is a SE or LE NIB to be found anywhere....looks like I will have to wait for a new run out of JJP.

#7728 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

It doesn't look like there is a SE or LE NIB to be found anywhere....looks like I will have to wait for a new run out of JJP.

Why would that happen?

#7729 3 years ago

I dont know....why wouldnt it?

#7730 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The same reason they aren't re-running Dialed In - demand was met by existing stock and in fact took a while to sell through.

#7731 3 years ago

I mean...you had two years to buy one. What were you waiting for? It's a great game and has been since it dropped.

I realize people are just now starting to discover it, which is great, but come on.

#7732 3 years ago

I've been late for everything in life....married at age 37. But I AM the Bud Man so might have to use some of those super human powers to make it happen.

#7733 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hi all, my daughter recently had a Wonka collision under the glass of our Wonka pin and the Oompa Loompa Camera was smashed into a few pieces. JJP was awesome and sent me a replacement right away. Only trouble is I am not sure how to run the wire through the new one. I am guessing I need to remove the connector from the wire and replace it once I thread it through, but I'm not sure how to do that. Can anyone offer tips or point me towards a tutorial on working with wires and connectors?
Thanks.

You are not alone. Seems to be the consensus that the replacement is a little bit of a challenge. Here's a couple posts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/86#post-5452312
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/141#post-6041061
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/141#post-6046403

Stripping/cutting wires and use of butt connectors and heat shrink.

Soldering wires tutorial. If you're gonna solder you need some heat shrink or electrical tape to protect after.

These last ones will also utilize both methods in a clean and easy ready to use product. I have an entire box. You need a heat gun or butane torch or bic lighter. These used to hold F-14 Tomcat wires together back in the day. My favorite solution when joining 2 wires.
Practice on something else first until you get the hang of it.

Everything is available at harbor freight or amazon or maybe even home depot in the electrical dept.
If you need help or get stuck finding them online just hit me up and I'll make some suggestions.

r/
Mike

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

If you need help or get stuck finding them online just hit me up and I'll make some suggestions.

Thank you, Mike. I appreciate all this. It looks like it is going to be more complicated than I thought. I will take a deep breath and dive in. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you for taking the time to give me the advice, it is much appreciated. Have a great day.
Best
Joey

#7735 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Thank you, Mike. I appreciate all this. It looks like it is going to be more complicated than I thought. I will take a deep breath and dive in. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you for taking the time to give me the advice, it is much appreciated. Have a great day.
Best
Joey

Post up some photos if you're stuck or even if you just want to share and get a second set of eyes as you go along. Post as much as you want and myself or someone else will definitely answer every time.
If you're lifting the playfield I suggest you have some side protection because the tolerance from playfield to cabinet is very tight.
You need a set of these and also some glass corner protectors just to have in general when doing any maintenance involving removing glass and lifting the playfield.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0161-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

r/
Mike

#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

You need a set of these and also some glass corner protectors just to have in general when doing any maintenance involving removing glass and lifting the playfield.

This is great! Thank you. I have been meaning to get the side protectors. Going to order right away. Thank you so much. As well as those wire connectors.

#7737 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Post up some photos if you're stuck or even if you just want to share and get a second set of eyes as you go along. Post as much as you want and myself or someone else will definitely answer every time.
If you're lifting the playfield I suggest you have some side protection because the tolerance from playfield to cabinet is very tight.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0161-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

r/
Mike

I don’t get it, you have to lift the playfield to put those on, right? So they only help when returning the playfield? But then how do you remove them? I’m confused!

#7738 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Look at the alien remake/rerun thread, we are about to start talking about prostate health since nothing going on.

#7739 3 years ago

I don’t get it, you have to lift the playfield to put those on, right? So they only help when returning the playfield? But then how do you remove them? I’m confused!

They go on prior to lifting the playfield. They slide on the rails and fit in the inside space and between the playfield and cabinet. As you lift the playfield the playfield rides on the textured plastic as it goes up. You may or may not have to adjust the protectors as you are lifting depending on how tight the playfield is up against the protector(it may move it from pressure).
I have Jersey Jacks version because they supplied them with my Willy Wonka.

Check this video out. It demonstrates them perfectly.

#7740 3 years ago

Cool ebay store full of reproduction wonka props like the bar, the golden egg, etc.

ebay.com link: str

#7741 3 years ago

The blade protectors are a great idea, but just as an alternative: I made a post a couple of weeks back on this forum / thread about my solution to install blades and ensure they are protected ... bottom line, you can easily lift out the entire playfield and prop it up on "top" of the machine (without having to disconnect anything), install blades freely (if you didn't have them), and then simply put a felt tape layer (1/2" width works, probably < $10 from Amazon) around the edges of the playfield and anything that could contact the sides of the machine and you're good to go. I have lifted my playfield up and down probably 50 times in the last two weeks trying to install mods and figure out some wiring issues, and my blades look brand new. But for occasional access and for not having to install the felt, the blade protectors seem like a great and simple solution (my original plan was to use posterboard and make my own, but I didn't see how I could get them to squeeze in the tight gap that my machine has). Good luck!

#7742 3 years ago

Playing my 3rd game this screw fell out on the playfield.

I am assuming it is from an electrical connection in the factory. I turn of the game asap and before I tear into thought maybe a Willy Wizard knows right where it goes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

9B6C3F2D-371A-420E-84A4-20A20D6BEFCA (resized).jpeg9B6C3F2D-371A-420E-84A4-20A20D6BEFCA (resized).jpeg
#7743 3 years ago

I have two playfield related questions and gladly expose my lack of knowledge on the topic ... what say you wise experts?

Q1. These machines come with two half-circle Mylar clear protectors in the cash box. What are you guys doing with those (if anything)? My machine will realistically get 500 plays per year tops, and while I plan on owning it for good, I don't know if it is necessary or helpful to install these. Are they intended to go in front of the slingshots, and should I install them? Funny that some parts of the playfield have protectors, others don't (ex: outlane switches are bare, inlane switches protectors).

Q2. Especially when "booting up" my machine when ONLY the backglass is lit, I see a bunch of tiny pock marks or indentations in the reflection on the playfield. None of these seems to impact play nor can I feel them, but just wondering if this is common and considered normal wear (seems to be on other machines, but with how new my machine is I'm surprised to see these). In the photo you can barely see a few of these marks (they are probably 2mm wide, TINY). Playfield probably has a couple of hundred of these marks / "dents" total.

IMG_3238 (resized).JPGIMG_3238 (resized).JPG
#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

I have two playfield related questions and gladly expose my lack of knowledge on the topic ... what say you wise experts?
Q1. These machines come with two half-circle Mylar clear protectors in the cash box. What are you guys doing with those (if anything)? My machine will realistically get 500 plays per year tops, and while I plan on owning it for good, I don't know if it is necessary or helpful to install these. Are they intended to go in front of the slingshots, and should I install them? Funny that some parts of the playfield have protectors, others don't (ex: outlane switches are bare, inlane switches protectors).
Q2. Especially when "booting up" my machine when ONLY the backglass is lit, I see a bunch of tiny pock marks or indentations in the reflection on the playfield. None of these seems to impact play nor can I feel them, but just wondering if this is common and considered normal wear (seems to be on other machines, but with how new my machine is I'm surprised to see these). In the photo you can barely see a few of these marks (they are probably 2mm wide, TINY). Playfield probably has a couple of hundred of these marks / "dents" total.
[quoted image]

I cut my Mylar and placed at the ball ejector (previous issues on another game here), and VUK in the right rear (protect edge from chipping).

I also have the smaller dimples on the playfield but chalk this up to normal game use.... maybe wrong here? I have the same on GNR.

#7745 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

I cut my Mylar and placed at the ball ejector (previous issues on another game here), and VUK in the right rear (protect edge from chipping).
I also have the smaller dimples on the playfield but chalk this up to normal game use.... maybe wrong here? I have the same on GNR.

Great info, your response is very much appreciated!

#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

[quoted image]

For Q1 I am have the same question! For Q2, this is known as playfield dimpling and is completely normal and occurs on most modern pinball playfields including JJP and Stern. Actually the more you play it the less noticeable these will be as over time so many dimples will create a flattened effect. Right now my WW CE looks just like yours (although I think we already played it 500 times in 7 days.

#7747 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Could you please post pics of the mylar placement? Thanks just want to get it right.

#7748 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Playing my 3rd game this screw fell out on the playfield.
I am assuming it is from an electrical connection in the factory. I turn of the game asap and before I tear into thought maybe a Willy Wizard knows right where it goes.
Thanks in advance for the help.
[quoted image]

What makes this screw stand out is it is brass and not many brass screws you can see from the top.

#7749 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What makes this screw stand out is it is brass and not many brass screws you can see from the top.

Good point, I did a quick playfield scan and couldn't find anything from the top. Since it showed up SO early in your game's life, it is possible it was an "extra" unused thing from assembly. My NIB I got a month ago had a loose coin door bolt that wound up attaching itself to the magnet on the speaker (the bolt was an extra, not something that was missing).

#7750 3 years ago
Quoted from naf_llabnip:

The blade protectors are a great idea, but just as an alternative: I made a post a couple of weeks back on this forum / thread about my solution to install blades and ensure they are protected ... bottom line, you can easily lift out the entire playfield and prop it up on "top" of the machine (without having to disconnect anything), install blades freely (if you didn't have them), and then simply put a felt tape layer (1/2" width works, probably < $10 from Amazon) around the edges of the playfield and anything that could contact the sides of the machine and you're good to go. I have lifted my playfield up and down probably 50 times in the last two weeks trying to install mods and figure out some wiring issues, and my blades look brand new. But for occasional access and for not having to install the felt, the blade protectors seem like a great and simple solution (my original plan was to use posterboard and make my own, but I didn't see how I could get them to squeeze in the tight gap that my machine has). Good luck!

I remember a while back someone went with the felt tape and then found out how messy that can become. Heads up with that....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.