IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 279.
#7601 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont think so, thanks for the advice, but everything was perfectly fine until right now And after ball search mode, the magnet finally releases the ball.

Look at the magnet lug, I expect you will find that ball drops have pounded down one side to make a "shelf" that the ball sits on. The vibration of ball search probably shook it loose.

Common problem I have had many times.

You have two options to fix it:

1. Remove the magnet lug and grind it down with something to make it flat again
2. Replace the magnet lug.

I opted for #2 and bought several to keep on hand. It's a wear item on Wonka.

#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont think so, thanks for the advice, but everything was perfectly fine until right now And after ball search mode, the magnet finally releases the ball.

Go into switch test mode and see if any switches are activated that should not be.

#7603 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my game is acting weird at that magnet ball shot from the left
Flipper , the magnet keeps holding the ball until it goes into ball search any ideas ?

Are the balls in your game magnetized? Did you ever replace them?

#7604 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

And after ball search mode, the magnet finally releases the ball.

Ball search might be enough to shake it free if the magnet pole is down a tiny bit.

LTG : )

#7605 3 years ago

Go checkout the “top 100”...Apparently Wonka is now the #1 pin on the list!

How did that happen? System glitch?

Don’t get me wrong, I feel as though it deserves this position, but damn if that wasn’t an unusual overnight turnaround

#7606 3 years ago

So to make sure i understand the game right, you collect wonka bars. You hit the right WONKA factory to start up modes. How do I get a golden ticket?
and is there an actual end to the game?

#7607 3 years ago

Joined the WW club yesterday! CE# 441. Safe to say this thing will never leave the collection. It's so great in every way it's overwhelming!

WW1 (resized).jpgWW1 (resized).jpg
#7608 3 years ago

Kid Multiball question:
How do you collect the "double jackpot"? We were able to collect 6/7 kid jackpots towards the Golden Ticket but can't figure out how to collect the double. thanks!

#7609 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Don’t get me wrong, I feel as though it deserves this position, but damn if that wasn’t an unusual overnight turnaround

Looks like the CE is driving up the rating (so only 26 ratings). We just got our CE yesterday and had not yet reviewed it before seeing the new rankings. Now that we own a CE (yes we know how lucky we are!) I understand why the rating is so high. #1 probably won't stay long. TMNT popped up for 1 week to #1 last week then got sent back down. This should be way higher than top 25 though its insane.

#7610 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Kid Multiball question:
How do you collect the "double jackpot"? We were able to collect 6/7 kid jackpots towards the Golden Ticket but can't figure out how to collect the double. thanks!

Camera ramp available during any kid multiball and always lit except for when the super is lit.

#7611 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Camera ramp available during any kid multiball and always lit except for when the super is lit.

Wow that is the "Double jackpot"! Awesome. Guess we were always focused on other shots so never even went for it. Thanks!

#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So to make sure i understand the game right, you collect wonka bars. You hit the right WONKA factory to start up modes. How do I get a golden ticket?
and is there an actual end to the game?

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Kid Multiball question:

Consider watching some of the tutorials #zaphx made on these specific topics on YouTube. Fully explains how to accomplish most strategies to simplify.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFHNah3iWfmvz_ScY0qR8dw

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Consider watching some of the tutorials #zaphx made on these specific topics on YouTube. Fully explains how to accomplish most strategies to simplify.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFHNah3iWfmvz_ScY0qR8dw

Thanks. Actually been watching zaphX awesome WW videos while on the treadmill almost daily! Just didn't pick up every detail yet But will rewatch the kid video. Keep these coming zaphX !

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks. Actually been watching zaphx awesome WW videos while on the treadmill almost daily! Just didn't pick up every detail yet But will rewatch the kid video. Keep these coming zaphx !

or watch mine. I made it to pure imagination. Which is all 5 golden tickets. I came to a point where i was struggling to complete one of the challenges and a viewer in chat told me what shot to make. The game is awesome and deep. Lots of fun. I like getting super spinner and 5x playfield. I ripped 1 million point spinner shots several times in the game.
BTW, I watched zaphX many times to learn to where i got. So thanks Derek!

https://www.twitch.tv/motorcitypinball/video/922056705

#7615 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

or watch mine. I made it to pure imagination. Which is all 5 golden tickets. I came to a point where i was struggling to complete one of the challenges and a viewer in chat told me what shot to make. The game is awesome and deep. Lots of fun. I like getting super spinner and 5x playfield. I ripped 1 million point spinner shots several times in the game.
BTW, I watched zaphx many times to learn to where i got. So thanks Derek!

So with 5x playfield and super spinner lit how many points is each spin worth?

Also..5x playfield and super spinner doesn’t mean you get 5x wonka bars per spin correct? Just 5x the points per spin I believe.

1million per spin sounds like something I need to try and line up on my game!

#7616 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So with 5x playfield and super spinner lit how many points is each spin worth?
Also..5x playfield and super spinner doesn’t mean you get 5x wonka bars per spin correct? Just 5x the points per spin I believe.
1million per spin sounds like something I need to try and line up on my game!

I was getting 31k per spin when it started. If you want to watch just one part where I did this its pretty cool. I scored
5.5 Million during a 30 second mode with 5x playfield and super spinner running. It starts at 34:18

#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I am not exactly sure on how the wonka bars multiplier worked. However during that 30 second mode, I went from 166 Wonka bars to 315.

#7618 3 years ago

WOW! Well done! Thanks for watching and glad that it helped. Now I need to watch yours to try and get some of your skill as I still don't have 3 GTs.

Susan got 3, once.

#7619 3 years ago

BTW I see you attached the flipper fans - I find lack of power during multiball a significant issue on Wonka. I've bumped the flipper power (I think +2) to compensate as I always thought the magnets were sapping power.

Did you find the fans gave you consistent power throughout?

#7620 3 years ago

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but if flipper fade can be substantiated and a fan modification shows that it can be remedied, then I believe at the very least JJP should take notice and offer something to address this. Even if it's a kit that needs to be purchased, it should still be offered from JJP directly. I'll stop short of stating that it should be offered as a recall-type item, but that's the kind of situation we're looking at here, IMO.

#7621 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

CE ratings got to 25

#7622 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

BTW I see you attached the flipper fans - I find lack of power during multiball a significant issue on Wonka. I've bumped the flipper power (I think +2) to compensate as I always thought the magnets were sapping power.
Did you find the fans gave you consistent power throughout?

yes. fans are a must on this game for players like yourself. I had significant flipper fade after 30 minutes. the right ramp was noticeably harder to successfully make. I topped out at 196 without fans and at 130 with.

#7623 3 years ago

I am not exactly sure on how the wonka bars multiplier worked. However during that 30 second mode, I went from 166 Wonka bars to 315.

Looks like the candy jar number impacts spinner scoring and you have 119 in yours when you rip the spinner in 5x. That probably accounts for getting 1million points on a spinner hit.

But it looks like your wonka bars go up at a dramatically increased rate as well.

Has me wondering if wonka bars in super spinner mode collect at the multiplier rate. In your case 5 bars per spin.

You absolutely crushed that game my friend! I’ll be watching this video a lot to better my understanding of this game. Thanks!

I’ll also be watching for your product to hit the market as I’m in for a set!

#7624 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but if flipper fade can be substantiated and a fan modification shows that it can be remedied, then I believe at the very least JJP should take notice and offer something to address this. Even if it's a kit that needs to be purchased, it should still be offered from JJP directly. I'll stop short of stating that it should be offered as a recall-type item, but that's the kind of situation we're looking at here, IMO.

With very few exceptions, ALL modern pinball machines have fade to some degree. It's also not a new thing. Lord of the Rings famously had it 20 years ago. Karl DeAngelo was talking about a 1989 BK2000 in tournament play that was fading badly. It's thermodynamics, simple as that. And with modern games having much deeper code that keeps you playing longer and many more skilled players, it's just more commonly seen.

Fact is, the longer you play in a session, the more likely you'll run across it. However, with most normal players having games that last in the low minutes many will never see it. Also, the majority of players are not trap players, which really amps up the temps on non-Spike games. It's really primarily an issue for the better players that have long sessions, and especially ones that incorporate trap play into their style. If you're playing less than 30 minutes at a time, don't worry about fade. You might just see the beginnings in a 30 minute session, but that's all - you won't need fans.

So putting them on ALL machines would be overkill, for the above reasons. What's likely is the majority of the market (maaaaybe 30% of the market needs them due to play style and/or length of play) wouldn't see the benefits they offer. And with tight manufacturer BoMs, it probably will never happen. So they'll probably be an optional item forever for pinheads "in the know" that have a need for them.

#7625 3 years ago

Question. My camera is working great but during Oompa Loompa it is pointing really high (above my head and my younger sons are not visible). Anyone know if camera angle can be adjusted? I only see the motion detection tweaks int he manual.

#7626 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With very few exceptions, ALL modern pinball machines have fade to some degree. It's also not a new thing. Lord of the Rings famously had it 20 years ago. Karl DeAngelo was talking about a 1989 BK2000 in tournament play that was fading badly. It's thermodynamics, simple as that. And with modern games having much deeper code that keeps you playing longer and many more skilled players, it's just more commonly seen.
Fact is, the longer you play in a session, the more likely you'll run across it. However, with most normal players having games that last in the low minutes many will never see it. Also, the majority of players are not trap players, which really amps up the temps on non-Spike games. It's really primarily an issue for the better players that have long sessions, and especially ones that incorporate trap play into their style. If you're playing less than 30 minutes at a time, don't worry about fade. You might just see the beginnings in a 30 minute session, but that's all - you won't need fans.
So putting them on ALL machines would be overkill, for the above reasons. What's likely the majority of the market (maaaaybe 30% of the market needs them due to play style and/or length of play) wouldn't see the benefits they offer. And with tight manufacturer BoMs, it probably will never happen. So they'll probably be an optional item forever for pinheads "in the know" that have a need for them.

GREAT post. Thanks!

#7627 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Anyone know if camera angle can be adjusted?

In settings you can line it up. Check Dialed In, Pirates, or Willy Wonka manuals.

#7628 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Looks like the candy jar number impacts spinner scoring and you have 119 in yours when you rip the spinner in 5x. That probably accounts for getting 1million points on a spinner hit.
But it looks like your wonka bars go up at a dramatically increased rate as well.
Has me wondering if wonka bars in super spinner mode collect at the multiplier rate. In your case 5 bars per spin.
You absolutely crushed that game my friend! I’ll be watching this video a lot to better my understanding of this game. Thanks!

So here is the "official" from the rule sheet

Spinner - A spinner is located in front of the side loop, which makes really good sounds when it’s hit. Counts down towards qualifying Augustus. If Super Spinner is qualified, each spin will collect a Wonka Bar!

So that makes sense. Each time I ripped the spinner, it was 31k so it spun around 25 to 30 times while also giving me a wonka bar for each spin. So spun around 149 times in the 30 second mode window giving me one wonka bar per spin. Moral of story here: Try to get Super Spinner stacked with a playfield multiplier and then then RIP away!!

#7629 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Question. My camera is working great but during Oompa Loompa it is pointing really high (above my head and my younger sons are not visible). Anyone know if camera angle can be adjusted? I only see the motion detection tweaks int he manual.

There is some version of Wonka (possibly the one the beta testers have been testing, but not officially released yet?) that addresses this. Make sure you keep up with the updates, and eventually it should work better. (But as someone else mentioned, also go into camera test in diagnostics and make sure the camera is pointed properly so that it can see all height players, and that the face detection test works.)

#7630 3 years ago

It will be very interesting to see if Wonka gets a code update and what they change. There are lots of little improvements that might be made plus some spit and polish here and there.

Hopefully, just like I keep learning new things about how to play the game even after 4 months, the code guys have learned stuff too. And are willing to make some updates.

#7631 3 years ago

Officially in the club

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

What's the manufacturing date of your pin?

20B08C35-2227-458A-9971-034266300B8C (resized).jpeg20B08C35-2227-458A-9971-034266300B8C (resized).jpeg
#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

There is some version of Wonka (possibly the one the beta testers have been testing, but not officially released yet?) that addresses this. Make sure you keep up with the updates, and eventually it should work better. (But as someone else mentioned, also go into camera test in diagnostics and make sure the camera is pointed properly so that it can see all height players, and that the face detection test works.)

Thanks. Have the latest code and I did the camera diagnostic which is for sensitivity of movement and face recognition, but there does not appear to be a way to change the angle of the camera. Only a problem in Oompa Loompa when it goes to video mode. Its no big deal, but wondered if others had the same issue. Maybe a code update could address if others also have this problem.

#7633 3 years ago

Finally played an SE onsite tonight... Holy dark play field! Not sure I could get used to that. Back field felt like I was shooting into the abyss.

#7634 3 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Officially in the club
[quoted image]

Nice! My SE was born on 2/12/2020! Got it NIB and had it for about 3 weeks, absolutely love the machine, been doing mods, plan on doing a writeup soon for my latest ones. Great machine and this is such an amazing forum, people are so helpful.

#7635 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

Finally played an SE onsite tonight... Holy dark play field! Not sure I could get used to that. Back field felt like I was shooting into the abyss.

Very easy to remedy. Many modded light packages available, and described in this thread. Lermods makes a kit that lights up the game tastefully.

#7636 3 years ago
Quoted from NickyRicky:

I make my own stadium lights for 25.00,works great and yes this games needs them!

#7637 3 years ago

Once i posted this it hit me that to go from 2x to 3x bonus you have to hit the gobstopper three times. Thanks brain.

#7638 3 years ago

Hi, upgraded from 1.32 to 1.33 and now have a trough error. Seems to test fine, fires one, two, three, all the way up to 6 balls, recognizes all of them but as soon as all 6 balls are in there, the error comes back.
Video upload not working but there are two pictures of the test, one when the ball launches, the other when it comes back, as soon as the trough recognizes 6 balls, it puts up the red error. No error with 5 balls (starting the game goes to ball finder) but won’t start the game until it finds the 6th, and then won’t work.

Edit - prior to upgraded to 1.33, I was on 1.32 and some weird stuff was happening, kept launching multiballs when it should not have. That only happened in one game before I upgraded, but the upgrade may not be related to what's happening.

Help!

85ACE734-5FC5-4D7A-9B15-E7367B7EA227 (resized).jpeg85ACE734-5FC5-4D7A-9B15-E7367B7EA227 (resized).jpeg6BCACCFB-7E4F-4B56-B13D-0B0139775647 (resized).jpeg6BCACCFB-7E4F-4B56-B13D-0B0139775647 (resized).jpeg9868CE65-0979-418D-BBFA-425E512063FB (resized).png9868CE65-0979-418D-BBFA-425E512063FB (resized).png82C28160-3EC6-4DDD-BCB4-A810066905E0 (resized).png82C28160-3EC6-4DDD-BCB4-A810066905E0 (resized).png

#7639 3 years ago

Please turn the game off. Reseat ball trough connectors. Try again. If errors then check in Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Could be a failed ball trough board.

#7640 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please turn the game off. Reseat ball trough connectors. Try again. If errors then check in Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Could be a failed ball trough board.

Thanks Lloyd. Tried the power down / re-seating the connectors. Same thing.

Everything seems to work perfectly in the test, except the error appeared when 6 balls were in the trough.

Will try the matrix switches tomorrow. Thanks!

#7641 3 years ago

is it possible the balls have become magnetized? doesn't that cause some weird errors or something? I don't know cause I've never experienced the magnetized ball problems others have reported. just thought i'd throw it out there.

#7642 3 years ago

Your trough jam opto seems to be on permanently. Is that the case even with all of the balls out of the trough? Is there some piece of errant stuff blocking that opto? Or as Lloyd says, maybe a bad opto board. Check the soldering on it if you're handy with an iron, or contact JJP support if you're not.

#7643 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Your trough jam opto seems to be on permanently. Is that the case even with all of the balls out of the trough? Is there some piece of errant stuff blocking that opto? Or as Lloyd says, maybe a bad opto board. Check the soldering on it if you're handy with an iron, or contact JJP support if you're not.

Yes learned that from JJP support, the 6-ball jam is not supposed to be green. Going in with an iron today.

Where on the board is the 6-ball jam opto? I guess I could make sure it’s not blocked.

#7644 3 years ago

The jam opto is to the very far right of the trough, up higher than the rest of the optos. (It's for sensing a ball that has fallen back down into the trough after another ball has already scooted over into the first position.)

#7645 3 years ago

Has anyone installed plastic protectors from mezelmods? They have two options, clear or colored. Would like to see pic if anyone has these on a game, thanks in advance!

#7646 3 years ago

RobbyIRL5 , I sincerely hope this is not annoying for you but I have to ask: are you THE Robby McGehee? As in THE Indy 500 rookie of the year? If so, I don't follow the sport closely like I used to, but I was a fan in the stands many times in Texas when IRL raced there in late 90s and early 2000s, and I remember one Mr. Robby McGehee battling at the front in some races (confess I was a Jeff Ward fan coming from a moto-X background, but I was a big fan of all the insane guys strapping themselves into those machines for my entertainment). Those cars were so fast in person that they were literally a blur going by. Sorry off topic here, and I hope this question is not bothersome, I'll delete this post if so.

#7647 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Has anyone installed plastic protectors from mezelmods? They have two options, clear or colored. Would like to see pic if anyone has these on a game, thanks in advance!

I put one colored one on, and do not like it. Didn't bother putting anyone other ones on. I may get the clear. I'll take a pic later and post. It's muddles the graphics on the plastics.

#7648 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I put one colored one on, and do not like it. Didn't bother putting anyone other ones on. I may get the clear. I'll take a pic later and post. It's muddles the graphics on the plastics.

Thank you very much, appreciate the input here-

#7649 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my game is acting weird at that magnet ball shot from the left
Flipper , the magnet keeps holding the ball until it goes into ball search any ideas ?

Well problem hasnt recurred, so dont know. Weird. I assume it was some stuck switch as someone else suggested.

#7650 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I got clear from some vendor. I like that better with the RGB GI.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/153?hl=goyomex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.