IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 280.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do all three versions of Wonka have PDI glass?

Only the LE and CE. The standard does not. Also it's invisiglass not PDI.

#652 4 years ago

Are any you folks WOZ owners. I love my WOZ, but thinking might be time to switch up the collection. Now, granted these are drastically different pins in every sense of the word... aside from they both appear to have amazing light shows. But, my question is would this be something worth doing... I'm afraid I may miss WOZ... I have played a Wonka but only about 6 balls.. and i love the theme

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Are any you folks WOZ owners. I love my WOZ, but thinking might be time to switch up the collection. Now, granted these are drastically different pins in every sense of the word... aside from they both appear to have amazing light shows. But, my question is would this be something worth doing... I'm afraid I may miss WOZ... I have played a Wonka but only about 6 balls.. and i love the theme

I’m a RRWOZ owner. One of the best pins ever. Can’t let it go. Congo will go before WOZ if I need the funds to purchase a Wonka LE!

#654 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m a RRWOZ owner. One of the best pins ever. Can’t let it go. Congo will go before WOZ if I need the funds to purchase a Wonka LE!

I own neither, but wouldn't want to trade out a Woz for a Wonka. I still want to buy a Woz, Wonka not much at all.

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I own neither, but wouldn't want to trade out a Woz for a Wonka. I still want to buy a Woz, Wonka not much at all.

I can help you get your WOZ. Sell me Pirates.

#656 4 years ago

WonkaLE will sit right next to WOzRR, right where it belongs.!

#657 4 years ago

Live stream tonight!!! First State Flippers in conjunction with Delaware Pinball, will be streaming Wonka tonight (7/3) starting around 7pm est. We usually stream for 3-4 hours. So tune in if you have some down time!

Delaware Pinball Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/delawarepinball/

#658 4 years ago

I have a WOZRR and my Wonka CE will be situated with it in my row of classic JJP games, none of which are going anywhere. Selling your WOZ would be a sad mistake. Both are great games and have enough differences to distinguish them as individual keepers. Good luck in whatever you decide.

#659 4 years ago

I'll be streaming Wonka on and off this week at twitch.tv/nspinball.

I had a pretty great game with a neat mode:

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'll be streaming Wonka on and off this week at twitch.tv/nspinball.
I had a pretty great game with a neat mode:

It was great having JJP on explaining the finer details of the game. Made me love it even more.

#661 4 years ago

Almost got em...

20190703_181856 (resized).jpg20190703_181856 (resized).jpg20190703_182355 (resized).jpg20190703_182355 (resized).jpg
#663 4 years ago

Wonka is in the house! More specifically the basement... Either I’m getting weaker or these things weigh more than they use to.
Jack must have been in the factory the day mine was built, because I got the signature on the back box.
Now a break for dinner and then set it up and play till Monday!
Man they must be pumping these out of the factory!
Way to go JJP, and Chris at Kingpin games for the quick delivery before the holiday!
8298B2BB-ACBD-4D85-9273-878821B7D0FD (resized).png8298B2BB-ACBD-4D85-9273-878821B7D0FD (resized).png8525C836-3779-4D36-AE57-F668748D4123 (resized).jpeg8525C836-3779-4D36-AE57-F668748D4123 (resized).jpegE4A57BA5-8784-4299-B56C-667260B35DA2 (resized).jpegE4A57BA5-8784-4299-B56C-667260B35DA2 (resized).jpeg8943E230-BB57-43F6-BA9D-492A695DFD7B (resized).jpeg8943E230-BB57-43F6-BA9D-492A695DFD7B (resized).jpeg

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Now a break for diner

Diner really is a fun, quirky game.

Quoted from jrockne:

then set it up and play till Monday

I'm a big fan of hanging with family and friends while celebrating my country's independence. But, to each his own!

#665 4 years ago

zaphX (Derek) is streaming again if you have questions and want to watch some Wonka play:

https://www.twitch.tv/nspinball

#666 4 years ago

Game is started to click with me.

20190703_211228 (resized).jpg20190703_211228 (resized).jpg
#667 4 years ago

Don’t do it. WoZ is a fantastic pin (IMO) of course.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Don’t do it. WoZ is a fantastic pin (IMO) of course.

It sure is. One of the best! IMO

#669 4 years ago

Great stream zaphX! Thank you.

#670 4 years ago

Game is looking great... once this code is polished its gonna be so so amazing imo

#671 4 years ago

Can somebody take a close-up/high-res of the side of the backbox?

#672 4 years ago

i just received my SE today. I am amazed at how much better this game is in person!!! i bought it without playing it, and I could not be happier. thanks to the pinball company my game has NO issues, is perfectly beautiful and the code 1.04 is amazingly robust. more to come, but this may be the best pinball ever made, honestly.

#673 4 years ago

Here’s my hot take after 24 hrs:

Packing: Very impressed! There were notable changes here from my last shipments. For one, the pallet was much larger than the pin itself, presumably to give it room to prevent damage. Second, the game rested on a foam padded piece of playwood (on top of the pallet.). Lastely, the whole thing was wrapped in thick plastic. Very well protected and arrived with no damage.

Build Quality: Also outstanding. No issues of any kind. The game is exactly as you’d expect for a brand new high-end toy. All I had to do was unwrap it and plug it in. As a measure of caution, I did run a switch test first and clean the playfield, but neither was necessary as all the switches tested out correctly and the playfield came back clean as well. Great job JJP!

Gameplay: On the first day I didn’t play much and instead let my buddies who helped move it play as much as they liked while I dealt with disposing of the packing materials. I probably only had 5-10 games the first day. Initially I was pretty frustrated by it, but chalked it up to a long day and resolved to try again the next. Today I put around 8 hours into the game. The first couple hours I was having serious problems with lots of left-lane and center drains. I was getting frustrated...but then something clicked. Suddenly I was able to nudge better and defend from the drains. The rules started to make sense (thanks VERY much to help from the JJP folks who kindly joined my stream.). And then it all started coming together. As I gained a better understanding of the goals, the danger spots, how to read the screen and how to interpret the callouts, I really started to have a lot of fun. There is quite a bit more to this pin than you’ve seen on the streams so far. I managed to unlock an “Oompah Loompah Odyssey” mode which blew me away and had me laughing with sheer joy!

My wife is also taking to the game and managed to dethrone my ~1.1M GC score with a ~1.6M score of her own.

I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with this game. Well done, JJP!

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Here’s my hot take after 24 hrs:
Packing: Very impressed! There were notable changes here from my last shipments. For one, the pallet was much larger than the pin itself, presumably to give it room to prevent damage. Second, the game rested on a foam padded piece of playwood (on top of the pallet.). Lastely, the whole thing was wrapped in thick plastic. Very well protected and arrived with no damage.
Build Quality: Also outstanding. No issues of any kind. The game is exactly as you’d expect for a brand new high-end toy. All I had to do was unwrap it and plug it in. As a measure of caution, I did run a switch test first and clean the playfield, but neither was necessary as all the switches tested out correctly and the playfield came back clean as well. Great job JJP!
Gameplay: On the first day I didn’t play much and instead let my buddies who helped move it play as much as they liked while I dealt with disposing of the packing materials. I probably only had 5-10 games the first day. Initially I was pretty frustrated by it, but chalked it up to a long day and resolved to try again the next. Today I put around 8 hours into the game. The first couple hours I was having serious problems with lots of left-lane and center drains. I was getting frustrated...but then something clicked. Suddenly I was able to nudge better and defend from the drains. The rules started to make sense (thanks VERY much to help from the JJP folks who kindly joined my stream.). And then it all started coming together. As I gained a better understanding of the goals, the danger spots, how to read the screen and how to interpret the callouts, I really started to have a lot of fun. There is quite a bit more to this pin than you’ve seen on the streams so far. I managed to unlock an “Oompah Loompah Odyssey” mode which blew me away and had me laughing with sheer joy!
My wife is also taking to the game and managed to dethrone my ~1.1M GC score with a ~1.6M score of her own.
I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with this game. Well done, JJP!

Great write up. I dont have my LE yet but have been watching alot of streams. I have been watching the big screen and starting to really understand the game. Its great! Tells you exactly what to do. The sounds and voice seem to be alot different based on when i played it at the show. I think this is another great hit for JJP & Company.

#675 4 years ago

I got to play at zaphX's house (being a helper) and this game is truly addictive!

For all the initial complaints about sound and voice call outs being poorly implemented (I was one commenting on this too), that is lesser of an issue but can still be an annoyance. With the latest code release, sound/music has become better integrated and does not really grate on you like it can while watching past pre-release streams. Music is great and call-out integration is definitely better. There are times you feel like you are in a Wonka sound blender b/c the sound clips are hard to associate with the pin flow and can be right on top of each other but that hopefully will tighten up with future releases of code.

The vids and sound clips are still not synched for the most part. The only scene I truly saw a clip play with sound synched with the actors was the Wonkavator Multi-ball mode. So it can be done. Hopefully this also becomes better integrated/synched across clips with future code releases.

Playing is a whole different experience! The game rules are deep but if you focus on ramps and gobstopper shots to start, you will be completely satisfied. The deeper you go discovering and understanding the objectives, the more fun this game becomes. It's like peeling back an onion of fun and that is the journey you must take.

After listening to JJP talk about their POV on the design of the flow of the game and how to play the game, I have come to accept that this pin will not be a world under glass of reliving the iconic Gene Wilder movie. I think a lot of us were hoping for that. Instead, we sort of take an Oompa Loompa point-of-view of working the factory and helping find the kids and their golden tickets as you play through it (my interpretation; not offically JJPs). What JJP needs to do a better job at is tell us a story to help us understand what our role as the player is for plunging the ball and why we are playing! Otherwise, you may come to think you are randomly gathering kids, finding multi-ball modes, and collecting golden tickets for no reason.

I have no doubts about my pre-order for this game where as before I was starting to get worried after playing beta code at NWP&AS. All doubts are gone. The physical form is amazing! The light show is dazzling! Music is foot tapping! Now lets get the code refined on sound/vid clips and everyone will be loving this game!

In my opinion, Wonka has the potential to become an instant classic! Plunge on!

#676 4 years ago

We just got in our first Wonka SE and getting more in next week. If your in the Chicago area stop in or you can order a SE, LE or CE from our website.

Check out the site for hours

Great American Pinball
850 meadowview crossing unit 10
West Chicago, IL 60185

Or visit our site @ greatamericanpinball.com

Or contact us at [email protected]

20190703_171542 (resized).jpg20190703_171542 (resized).jpg
#677 4 years ago

zaphX How did you decide on the SE over other models (came out first, value, etc)? Thanks for the helpful first impressions and great streams!

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from Attackfrommark:

zaphx How did you decide on the SE over other models (came out first, value, etc)? Thanks for the helpful first impressions and great streams!

Easy...it shipped first.

I have a CE slot also. My thinking was I'd try the SE now and sell when CE ships.

#679 4 years ago

Value

#680 4 years ago

Remember, ZaphX's all about "Why buy one, when I can buy two at twice the price?"

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Remember, ZaphX's all about "Why buy one, when I can buy two at twice the price?"

He did it with POTC so at this point I think he needs to keep up the expectations!

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

B3O9HLDIAAEu1jF (resized).jpgB3O9HLDIAAEu1jF (resized).jpg
#683 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Can somebody take a close-up/high-res of the side of the backbox?

IMG_0023.jpegIMG_0023.jpegIMG_0024.jpegIMG_0024.jpeg
#684 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

I am not a patient man.

z9c83 (resized).jpgz9c83 (resized).jpg
#685 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image][quoted image]

He’s looking for the spelling errors that were on the prototypes and made a huge deal of it even after everyone including Keith told him it happens in prototypes and would be fixed in production. He even pointed it out again 2 months later how it was still misspelled on the same prototypes from 2 months earlier as if JJP was going to fix the prototypes.

Hopefully this is the end of it.

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

He’s looking for the spelling errors that were on the prototypes and made a huge deal of it even after everyone including Keith told him it happens in prototypes and would be fixed in production. He even pointed it out again 2 months later how it was still misspelled on the same prototypes from 2 months earlier as if JJP was going to fix the prototypes.

That's exactly what I figured.

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Whats his goal?

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Hmmmmmm. Well, I guess either way, what matters most is.....it's fixed!

I kinda hope to play this more this weekend. Though I'm not sure my view will flip as much as I'd like.

Though I felt the same about Pirates....

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I kinda hope to play this more this weekend. Though I'm not sure my view will flip as much as I'd like.

Gee I hope you like it more

#690 4 years ago

Gameplay wise, does anyone know if the Wonkavator on the LE/CE is just another multi-ball that carries over from game to game, or does it play other roles? I guess the code will tell us.

I feel it will be hard to fully rate this game until the LE/CE's are played. The SE looks fantastic, and everyone seems to think it shoots fine (once you find all the shots on the flippers), and it seems like widebody features stuffed in a standard size cabinets, which are my favourite kind of pins!

I'm coming to terms with the code focusing on the Oompa Loompas rather than the children, as long as its fun to play!

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Gameplay wise, does anyone know if the Wonkavator on the LE/CE is just another multi-ball that carries over from game to game, or does it play other roles? I guess the code will tell us.
I feel it will be hard to fully rate this game until the LE/CE's are played. The SE looks fantastic, and everyone seems to think it shoots fine (once you find all the shots on the flippers), and it seems like widebody features stuffed in a standard size cabinets, which are my favourite kind of pins!
I'm coming to terms with the code focusing on the Oompa Loompas rather than the children, as long as its fun to play!

Only difference in gameplay is the actual physical wonkavator ball lock...

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Weird I got a downvote for liking the cab being corrected, and looking forward to playing it again?

Huh????

#693 4 years ago

Just put up my best game. I completed all the jackpot shots for Oompa Loompa.
Factory settings still.

155ED467-4487-4706-BC86-B1935D012233 (resized).jpeg155ED467-4487-4706-BC86-B1935D012233 (resized).jpeg
#694 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Factory settings still.[quoted image]

Great score. Hopefully more streams came come out so i can learn more and more about the game. Would love to see some LE streams soon.

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Great score. Hopefully more streams came come out so i can learn more and more about the game. Would love to see some LE streams soon.

I’m streaming off and on all day (NSPinball)

#696 4 years ago

Pincoolio put up a big score too! Amazing game to shoot!
9d24f697aa139bd40e0e6091db5d6839e19c70b0 (resized).jpg9d24f697aa139bd40e0e6091db5d6839e19c70b0 (resized).jpg

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I got to play at zaphX's house (being a helper) and this game is truly addictive!
For all the initial complaints about sound and voice call outs being poorly implemented (I was one commenting on this too), that is lesser of an issue but can still be an annoyance. With the latest code release, sound/music has become better integrated and does not really grate on you like it can while watching past pre-release streams. Music is great and call-out integration is definitely better. There are times you feel like you are in a Wonka sound blender b/c the sound clips are hard to associate with the pin flow and can be right on top of each other but that hopefully will tighten up with future releases of code.
The vids and sound clips are still not synched for the most part. The only scene I truly saw a clip play with sound synched with the actors was the Wonkavator Multi-ball mode. So it can be done. Hopefully this also becomes better integrated/synched across clips with future code releases.
Playing is a whole different experience! The game rules are deep but if you focus on ramps and gobstopper shots to start, you will be completely satisfied. The deeper you go discovering and understanding the objectives, the more fun this game becomes. It's like peeling back an onion of fun and that is the journey you must take.
After listening to JJP talk about their POV on the design of the flow of the game and how to play the game, I have come to accept that this pin will not be a world under glass of reliving the iconic Gene Wilder movie. I think a lot of us were hoping for that. Instead, we sort of take an Oompa Loompa point-of-view of working the factory and helping find the kids and their golden tickets as you play through it (my interpretation; not offically JJPs). What JJP needs to do a better job at is tell us a story to help us understand what our role as the player is for plunging the ball and why we are playing! Otherwise, you may come to think you are randomly gathering kids, finding multi-ball modes, and collecting golden tickets for no reason.
I have no doubts about my pre-order for this game where as before I was starting to get worried after playing beta code at NWP&AS. All doubts are gone. The physical form is amazing! The light show is dazzling! Music is foot tapping! Now lets get the code refined on sound/vid clips and everyone will be loving this game!
In my opinion, Wonka has the potential to become an instant classic! Plunge on!

Nice summary of the game

I felt the mashup style as well and was just so disappointed. Why they didn't do the walk-through of the factory with the modes I'll never understand.

I really hope they revisit the code and music especially the announcer bc it does shoot really well but I'm officially out until then

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Factory settings still.[quoted image]

Stupid question but, is the selfie camera (in the backbox) the same one they use to include the player in the Wonka-Vision, or is there an actual camera in the camera toy on the playfield?

Also, has the selfie camera improved at all or is it the same camera?

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Stupid question but, is the selfie camera (in the backbox) the same one they use to include the player in the Wonka-Vision, or is there an actual camera in the camera toy on the playfield?
Also, has the selfie camera improved at all or is it the same camera?

I’m pretty sure it’s only in the backbox. Looks just like the one in Dialed In.

Improved? Not sure what you are referring to but we have had 2 instances where the camera picked up a taller person in the back ground, and then one instance where the person was trying to throw up a hand sign and it took a picture of their waist.

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's exactly what I figured.

Thanks for posting the pics, Honda said he's not even getting Wonka, so not sure why he's still here. He already yelled at me on PM for daring to point out any errors in prototypes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/14?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.