IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 278.
#7351 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

It’s brutal, for sure. I’ve owned it for a week and still learning the shots and rules. Three golden tickets and 7.5M is my best so far. Factory settings except added extra ball for replay and special and set tilt warnings to max. I nudge a LOT with this game. It definitely keeps me coming back for more!

3 Golden tickets in a Week??? I need to keep practicing lol.

#7352 3 years ago

Ha, yes two tickets consistently. I got three one game and had Wonka’s office mode kit. Then drained my last ball...shame as that seemed like a cool mode. Will keep trying!

#7353 3 years ago

Guys,

Just hooked up my topper and nothing is working currently. Is there a different connection I am supposed to use? If so can someone shoot a picture of the hook up please??

20210130_151057 (resized).jpg20210130_151057 (resized).jpg
#7354 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

was thinking about getting a shaker...
Sorry of its been asked a few times but recommended or not that big a deal on this game?

Heck yeah. It’s the only mod I have added to my SE. I love the shaker implementation on wonka Tania mania

#7355 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Just hooked up my topper and nothing is working currently.

Is it turned on in system settings ?

LTG : )

#7356 3 years ago

Hey guys, I just received my topper as well. Bought mine used and now I'm trying to figure out how to install this thing without a set of instructions. Can't seem to find much online to help. Would love some info on how it should be attached to the top and where the cable should be plugged in. Thanks!

IMG_0396 (resized).jpgIMG_0396 (resized).jpgIMG_0397 (resized).jpgIMG_0397 (resized).jpg
#7357 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Ha, yes two tickets consistently. I got three one game and had Wonka’s office mode kit. Then drained my last ball...shame as that seemed like a cool mode. Will keep trying!

Wonka's Office is for your second ticket...now I'm really confused lol

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Wonka's Office is for your second ticket...now I'm really confused lol

OK, so I reached it on my second ticket then. I’ve reached his office twice and did have three tickets lit one game. Need to practice more, I’m sure there’s more to see deeper into the game.

#7359 3 years ago

I think the only way anyone is breaking 10M is by cashing the third ticket, which raises your bonus potential (200 Wonka Bars awarded) by an order of magnitude. I’ve done it once, and score around 12M.

#7360 3 years ago

Anyone experience issues with the Gobstopper mech in this way. Sometime if the ball hots the gobstopper target too hard it seems that the front plate moves too far forward and the rolling leaf of the cherry switch flips up above the plate and gets stuck

#7361 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Anyone experience issues with the Gobstopper mech in this way. Sometime if the ball hots the gobstopper target too hard it seems that the front plate moves too far forward and the rolling leaf of the cherry switch flips up above the plate and gets stuck

Yes it happens. Bend the actuator down a touch so it can’t pop up as high.

#7362 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Thanks Steve

#7363 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

thanks also Steve!!!

#7364 3 years ago

I had the same issue and for me the base where the metal arm enters the switch body was floppy and loose. It was actually bouncing a bit which is how it was able to escape above the switch actuator.

I folded up a little e-tape and jammed it into the switch body where the arm enters. This firmed it up and after that a little bending to dial it in made it 100%.

#7365 3 years ago

My Wonka LE came with the Mezel Mods full chocolate factory mod and I replaced it with the MOD couple factory. I have no use for this, will sell for $85 shipped in continental US. PM me if interested.

IMG_1448 (resized).jpgIMG_1448 (resized).jpgIMG_1449 (resized).jpgIMG_1449 (resized).jpgIMG_1450 (resized).jpgIMG_1450 (resized).jpgIMG_1451 (resized).jpgIMG_1451 (resized).jpg Added over 3 years ago:

$75 shipped CONTUS

#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think the only way anyone is breaking 10M is by cashing the third ticket, which raises your bonus potential (200 Wonka Bars awarded) by an order of magnitude. I’ve done it once, and score around 12M.

I have found the only way for me to break 10 million is with 10 balls and the glass off! Dam you Wonka!!!!

#7367 3 years ago

Thinking of upgrading from a Wonka SE to a Wonka CE.

Is it worth the 5k??

#7368 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Thinking of upgrading from a Wonka SE to a Wonka CE.
Is it worth the 5k??

Only you can make that assessment, but we did that same upgrade (sold a JP to fund it) and we are very happy we did.

#7369 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Only you can make that assessment, but we did that same upgrade (sold a JP to fund it) and we are very happy we did.

Awesome, yeah...The CE looks gorgeous; so when you lock on the super lock, does the new ball sit in the shooter lane? Or does it auto-shoot out into play?

#7370 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Awesome, yeah...The CE looks gorgeous; so when you lock on the super lock, does the new ball sit in the shooter lane? Or does it auto-shoot out into play?

It keeps balls locked in the Wonkavator for as many games as it takes for you or your opponent to collect Wonkavator multiball. Fun add on strategy. When achieved the balls roll out of the lock with a Rather impressive shaker motor take off! Love the custom call outs on the CE also.

#7371 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It keeps balls locked in the Wonkavator for as many games as it takes for you or your opponent to collect Wonkavator multiball. Fun add on strategy. When achieved the balls roll out of the lock with a Rather impressive shaker motor take off! Love the custom call outs on the CE also.

Sorry, should have clarified...But when the ball locks, does the fresh ball that you put back into play auto launch? Or do you have to plunge it?

Could change the flow, that's what I'm trying to get a feel of.

#7372 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Sorry, should have clarified...But when the ball locks, does the fresh ball that you put back into play auto launch? Or do you have to plunge it?
Could change the flow, that's what I'm trying to get a feel of.

You shoot the ball after lock unless Multiball is achieved.

#7373 3 years ago

I'm in a club that shouldn't want me! No. 355 CE.

#7374 3 years ago

Joined the club CE 429

F0D32A44-AA34-470E-B002-5C9D333D092C (resized).jpegF0D32A44-AA34-470E-B002-5C9D333D092C (resized).jpeg

#7375 3 years ago

What distributors are you CE buyers using?

#7376 3 years ago

I bought from cointaker, my CE shipped direct from JJP the beginning of Jan via fedex.

#7377 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Classic game rooms run by Jason. Solid dude.

#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Were you able to adjust your monitor settings successfully? Mine is in a dark room, so I just dialed down the brightness from 100 to 75, and upped the contrast from 50 to 80. Looks tons better to me now, but I think it will be very room/lighting specific. I didn’t venture in to the advanced adjustments, but would be curious to hear if you or anyone else did. Cheers.

I have messed with this a lot and I dont feel the monitors in them are of high quality. The settings change minimally... I too find it washed out. Currently have it where I like it, but noticed that the smaller tv screen on the playfield looks too dark now.

Not sure if one monitor setting affects the other? I wouldnt have thought so but... Maybe im driving myself crazy messing with them over and over hahha.

#7379 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

My Kickback is missing about 95% of the time. Anyone have an easy fix for this? Doesn't appear to be an alignment issue, but I've been wrong before!

I had this issue a bit when I first got my machine. I was able to fix it using the timing adjustments within the menus. Now I think its missed 1 ball since. I also changed the power from where it was...

I would play around with both of those settings and see if it helps.

#7380 3 years ago

Added a little building to cover the square divertor cover and also changed out my golden ticket to the correct movie. The building is multiple sections glued together and every letter in the Willy Wonka on top and The Chocolate Factory script had to be individually glued 1 by 1. It turned out ok I guess. Printed a solid one first but the taping and painting scenario left me less than impressed, so I just used different pla colors for every section and the painted parts, which are both side buildings roof and exterior (textured paint) and acrylic paint pens for the windows and door frame and Willy Wonka letter outlines. It barely fits under the glass.

Ticket didn't turn out as nice as I would've liked but the words are so tiny I'm surprised they printed at all. I remember having to modify the thingiverse file for it to work the way you see it but can't for the life of me recall what the issue was.
Betting a better job would result using a .2 and .08 layer height. It was printed with a .3 nozzle, pretty sure. It was a few months ago. So suggesting if anyone wants to use the thingiverse ticket they print it with their smallest nozzle and the smallest layer height. Probably want to use a raft or put some ears(to trim off later) on the corners because it will lift as it cools. The ears should hold it in place. Ended up using the mini torch and heating up the backside numerous times to straighten it out until it held. I don't use any glues or sprays or tape on my glass bed. Always simply wipe it with a damp rag after its heated and then I level it before printing.
r/
Mike
20210128_092059 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210128_092059 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210201_124635 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210201_124635 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210201_163911 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210201_163911 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210202_151042 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210202_151042 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210201_085130 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210201_085130 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210202_151117 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210202_151117 (Medium) (resized).jpg

#7381 3 years ago

It all looks great! congratulations on jobs well done.

#7382 3 years ago

I work from home in my basement and my bar is my standup desk. The urge to play a game of Wonka struck me this afternoon, so I figured I'd take a 10 minute break and play a few games. Played one game, got my GC score of 11.5 million and got the Kid Multiball Jackpot ticket for a total of 3 tickets. I think it was the first time I've gotten 3 tickets and def the first time I was able to finish that ticket.

#7383 3 years ago

Just repeated the 3 golden ticket feat with an 8.4mil game, my 4th best.

I used to try collecting all the Kids and then start Kid MB, just for fun and thinking that must be the best way for points. Maybe. But now I'll start Kid MB anytime I have one Kid available. Seems to work for me for reaching the Kid Golden Ticket. Now to try for Gobstopper and Wonkavator - and learn what their requirements are.

#7384 3 years ago

Finally got the nerve to punch out that black plug in front of the inlane/outlane post on the left side. I put the post in the front slot and put rubber post caps on instead of the normal round post rubber. Very tight clearance so move stuff around until the ball moves freely through the lane.
The black plug is basically a christmas tree plug/shield retainer so it simply does not lift from top or push out from underneath. If you try to dig it out from the top you will most likely scar your playfield and ruin the plug. I lifted the playfield and rested it on the first stop. Used a drill bit and a small hammer and lightly tapped from the bottom until the tree stem started to release. Just continued to do that until it was almost out and then pulled from the top. I moved the post to the front and then replaced the plug.

20210203_071837 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210203_071837 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210203_071900 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210203_071900 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#7385 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Joined the club CE 429
[quoted image]

So what gets played the most?

#7386 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Finally got the nerve to punch out that black plug in front of the inlane/outlane post on the left side. I put the post in the front slot and put rubber post caps on instead of the normal round post rubber. Very tight clearance so move stuff around until the ball moves freely through the lane.
The black plug is basically a christmas tree plug/shield retainer so it simply does not lift from top or push out from underneath. If you try to dig it out from the top you will most likely scar your playfield and ruin the plug. I lifted the playfield and rested it on the first stop. Used a drill bit and a small hammer and lightly tapped from the bottom until the tree stem started to release. Just continued to do that until it was almost out and then pulled from the top. I moved the post to the front and then replaced the plug.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cheater!! lol.. j/k hahah

#7387 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

i have them available as well.

#7388 3 years ago

Installed a Hallmark 2017 Willy Wonka. 3d printed an L bracket. If anyone wants to do the same I can send them the .stl for the L bracket. Secured the bracket on the outside of the metal guide rail and the wood railing with 3m mounting tape. Removable but it should hold the ornament due to the way the pressure is being distributed by the 2 tape locations.
The ornament is available pretty regular on the big auction site. It's expensive but you can usually find a good deal if you're patient. Took the batteries out and sanded the bottom smooth. It had nubs.
Hallmark makes the oompa loompas too. Got 3 of them thinking I'd be able to put them everywhere. Nope. Managed one behind my eggdicator though.
I may make a small deflection piece that fits on the ramp to save it in case the ball jumps it but I've never once had this happen. Famous last words. It will now happen the very first game I play.
r/
Mike

20210203_185415 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210203_185415 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210203_185514 (Medium) (resized).jpg20210203_185514 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#7389 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Installed a Hallmark 2017 Willy Wonka. 3d printed an L bracket. If anyone wants to do the same I can send them the .stl for the L bracket. Secured the bracket on the outside of the metal guide rail and the wood railing with 3m mounting tape. Removable but it should hold the ornament due to the way the pressure is being distributed by the 2 tape locations.
The ornament is available pretty regular on the big auction site. It's expensive but you can usually find a good deal if you're patient. Took the batteries out and sanded the bottom smooth. It had nubs.
Hallmark makes the oompa loompas too. Got 3 of them thinking I'd be able to put them everywhere. Nope. Managed one behind my eggdicator though.
I may make a small deflection piece that fits on the ramp to save it in case the ball jumps it but I've never once had this happen. Famous last words. It will now happen the very first game I play.
r/
Mike

Looks good! I have some of the HM Oompa Loompas but I haven't put them on yet. I feel like I still get enough random airballs that it would get shattered and I'd be picking tiny glass shards out of everything forever.

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

r/
Mike

I'm not typically a fan of adding figures to games but that looks like it belongs. Why is the ornament so expensive though? I figured it would be $15-20, I can't find it for less than $40.

#7391 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Looks good! I have some of the HM Oompa Loompas but I haven't put them on yet. I feel like I still get enough random airballs that it would get shattered and I'd be picking tiny glass shards out of everything forever.

I don't believe the oompa loompas are made of glass. I believe most of these types of keepsake ornaments are a plastic resin type thingy.

#7392 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I don't believe the oompa loompas are made of glass. I believe most of these types of keepsake ornaments are a plastic resin type thingy.

I believe they're a hard acrylic. They will shatter if struck. Same as the camera scupture. It's why I have a spare in a box. Airball blew his foot right off.

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm not typically a fan of adding figures to games but that looks like it belongs. Why is the ornament so expensive though? I figured it would be $15-20, I can't find it for less than $40.

It's weird that some of them skyrocket in price and it doesn't have anything to do with the pinball community as I'm sure you already know. There are some passionate collectors out there I'm finding. The HM Dorothy Monkey flying ornament has tripled in price. It's crazy. I think if you can find a Willy Wonka 2017 for 40 you should get it at that price. I don't see it coming down. I think I paid 42 maybe for mine.
The oompa loompas cost me 8 each. go figure.

The metal F-14 models I installed in my Tomcat took me a couple months to acquire. I paid from 9.99 to 29.99 plus shipping. I have 4 of them right now. I've seen those same models for over $100 each. They are also hallmark and 1 variant is my old squadron (vf-124)so it was a must for me to secure them.
I'm babbling now but if you're patient you'll get what you want at a decent deal at some point.
I'll keep on the lookout for you.
r/
Mike

#7394 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I believe they're a hard acrylic. They will shatter if struck. Same as the camera scupture. It's why I have a spare in a box. Airball blew his foot right off.

Glad I have 3 then I guess. haha.

#7395 3 years ago

Just Joined the Club. Wonka CE From Zach FlipnOut pinball. He got me the Game in only 2 DAYS. Highly Recommended.

I Received my set of Pinstadiums today plan on installing them tonight. Im sure some of you guys agree with me the game could use a little light.

Any tips or tricks on installing the Pinstadiums on wonka CE's? It will be my first time installing them.

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

They feel extremely breakable to me regardless, and I don't think they'd stand up to a steel ball. Then again, neither do the original JJP ones, come to think of it.

#7397 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Just Joined the Club. Wonka CE From Zach FlipnOUT pinball. He got me the Game in only 2 DAYS. Highly Recommended.
I Received my set of Pinstadiums today plan on installing them tonight. Im sure some of you guys agree with me the game could use a little light.
Any tips or tricks on installing the Pinstadiums on wonka CE's? It will be my first time installing them.

Definitely need some light... I've added 4 spotlights to my game and it's still too dark.

#7398 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Just Joined the Club. Wonka CE From Zach FlipnOUT pinball. He got me the Game in only 2 DAYS. Highly Recommended.

Hook the UV flashers up to the shaker motor PCB connector - I believe there are instructions on the pin stadium website.

Be careful with the GI hookup, if you short them together on the PCB you may blow a surface mount fuse which requires sending the PCB to JJP to fix (been there). Wonka's office becomes annoying depending on where your gi is hooked up (that mode cycles between illuminating half of the playfield then the other so the pin stadiums go in and off every second). One way around that is to hook the GI up to power (not an LED) if it really bothers you.

#7399 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Hook the UV flashers up to the shaker motor PCB connector - I believe there are instructions on the pin stadium website.
Be careful with the GI hookup, if you short them together on the PCB you may blow a surface mount fuse which requires sending the PCB to JJP to fix (been there). Wonka's office becomes annoying depending on where your gi is hooked up (that mode cycles between illuminating half of the playfield then the other so the pin stadiums go in and off every second). One way around that is to hook the GI up to power (not an LED) if it really bothers you.

Sheesh thanks for the tip now im scared. lol

#7400 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Sheesh thanks for the tip now im scared. lol

Lol you'll be fine. If you're nervous you can always use t-taps to avoid bare dangling wires.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/148?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.