IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 278.
#7301 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It just slides over the top of the stock butter box factory. Tape is added to keep it in place but we designed it to not remove any stock parts. Your stock game should look like this unless something was removed. Good luck.
[quoted image]

I was under the impression you had to remove the plastic to the left of the stock factory in order to get the Mezel Mods pipes to fit?

#7302 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Hey guys, I just brought home a Wonka LE. It came with the Mezel Mods factory with pipes as well as the Mod Couple Factory. I removed the Mezel factory mod and trying to install the Mod Coupe factory, but don’t understand how it mounts. There’s all kinds of interference. I guess I’m missing something...any guidance would be appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My question is how did the previous owner get the Mezel Mods Pipes on with the left stock plastic still in place? I wasnt able to figure this out so I didnt install my Mezel Mod pieces...

#7303 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was under the impression you had to remove the plastic to the left of the stock factory in order to get the Mezel Mods pipes to fit?

I was referring to how to install our factory. Ours goes over the existing box not sure how the Mezel unit goes on sorry.

#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I was referring to how to install our factory. Ours goes over the existing box not sure how the Mezel unit goes on sorry.

Yea, sorry. I deleted my original post once I realized I read it wrong and replied.... sorry about that.

On another note, good design on your part to just cover the existing!

#7305 3 years ago

Hey guys, This is a generic question but I have a Wonka. There is a small part of my side art decal that is not sticking. What can I use to keep it glued? Or reactivate the glue that it had on it. I have to reinstall some pin stadium lights and want to make sure that it is secure before doing so. Thanks.

#7306 3 years ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

Hey guys, This is a generic question but I have a Wonka. There is a small part of my side art decal that is not sticking. What can I use to keep it glued? Or reactivate the glue that it had on it. I have to reinstall some pin stadium lights and want to make sure that it is secure before doing so. Thanks.

You could try an iron or hair dryer to reactivate the adhesive and press it back. Should work.

#7307 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Created a DropBox folder to house all of my Wonka mods. The Fizzy Lifting Drink label is there for anyone who would like to print one for yourself!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hfftfjyycgj2f8i/AABfrtHZyK3YO2OkOvljExCBa?dl=0

Added a 3D printable Wonka Bar to the Dropbox! Have at it!

24C2E510-2ECE-4ABA-B07D-7B17F8BF076A (resized).jpeg24C2E510-2ECE-4ABA-B07D-7B17F8BF076A (resized).jpeg9417FF95-6A2B-4DEA-BBB7-F509C9B0985A (resized).jpeg9417FF95-6A2B-4DEA-BBB7-F509C9B0985A (resized).jpeg
#7308 3 years ago

EDIT: ALL POSITIONS FILLED. I had a big response to the notice for JJP Tibetan Breeze kit testers and all machine testing slots are already filled. Thanks to all who were willing to jump in and help get these kits available to everyone!

#7309 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Created a DropBox folder to house all of my Wonka mods. The Fizzy Lifting Drink label is there for anyone who would like to print one for yourself!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hfftfjyycgj2f8i/AABfrtHZyK3YO2OkOvljExCBa?dl=0

thanks, this is helpfull as I can printi locally, from Brazil .

#7310 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the details worked out for the JJP Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kits done and the jjGnR testing almost finished, I need one tester for each of the other JJP games to verify the install works on that machine. With both runs of testing (first without fans, then with the fans) it's about a 4-5 hour commitment total. Each testing pass will take 2 uninterrupted hours (no breaks, etc) to stress test the flipper coils. You'll get a free kit out of the testing.
You'll need to take some install pictures of your kit install and send the worksheet I'll send you filled out with the temps for each flipper in each pass of testing. If you want to be a tester, you need to have time available to complete the testing within a week of getting the parts, since this install check is all that's left before releasing the kits for JJP machines.
If you're in the USA, interested and have the time available for this, PM me with the machine you want to test. jjGnR is done, but WoZ, Hobbit, Dialed In and Wonka are all up for grabs. I plan to get the tester list set this week and will likely be sending out kits next week for testing once the new JJP-specific wiring harnesses arrive from the factory.

I have all 4 of those games and can help if needed

#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: ALL POSITIONS FILLED. I had a big response to the notice for JJP Tibetan Breeze kit testers and all machine testing slots are already filled. Thanks to all who were willing to jump in!

I just got on to post about what I thought was bad flipper fade after about 45-60 mins. Assuming this means I wasn’t imagining it! I’m in when you start making them!

#7312 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I just got on to post about what I thought was bad flipper fade after about 45-60 mins. Assuming this means I wasn’t imagining it! I’m in when you start making them!

Wonka uses the second to strongest flipper coils, FL-15411s, and they can fade after about 40 minutes (or less if you trap a lot in your play style). Based on the jjGnR kit testing, the fans solve the problem. 11629s may still just creep a couple degrees past 130F peak when cooled (as opposed to 219.8F uncooled), but for 15411s you'll be easily in the green zone between 115-130 max when cooled.

The GnR kit will probably ship first, then when I've confirmed installs and cooling performance with the other JJP machines with the testers that signed up, it'll be available for all JJP machines using custom wiring harnesses designed for JJP machines. I expect broad availability for all JJP machines by the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb.

#7313 3 years ago

Apologies if this has already been discussed... One of the very first things I noticed about this game was just how dark the backboard was on the playfield. So I set about a solution. Upon doing some other troubleshooting, I realized this game runs off of a pretty standard PC Motherboard(forgive me, this is my first JJP). That meant free USB power! I had a USB LED strip left over from a PC build, so I installed it just above the backboard on the cabinet. Looks and works great and cost me $5.00!!! Woohoo!!!

E256FA89-3DD2-4723-91D9-7331C3832224 (resized).jpegE256FA89-3DD2-4723-91D9-7331C3832224 (resized).jpeg
#7314 3 years ago

My best score by far. Still only 2 golden tickets! This is driving me crazy! In a great pinball way of course!

1F2D4382-2229-43AB-B369-E66C3679E7B0 (resized).jpeg1F2D4382-2229-43AB-B369-E66C3679E7B0 (resized).jpeg
#7315 3 years ago

My next game! What a day! Probably cursed to a few games of 100,000 now. That still happens frequently.

F4A0E020-674A-401E-A1F3-4CA82464132A (resized).jpegF4A0E020-674A-401E-A1F3-4CA82464132A (resized).jpeg
#7316 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

My next game! What a day! Probably cursed to a few games of 100,000 now. That still happens frequently.
[quoted image]

Congrats! That’s a really solid score. How long was your game?

#7317 3 years ago

Made these flipper decals tonight! The JJP logo on the top of the flipper makes them a bit wonky, but it still looks better than the flat yellow, in my opinion. So I’ve uploaded the file to my Dropbox link and I HAVE EXTRAS! First 5 people to PM me their address will get them fo’ free!**. I actually used a different design on my personal machine that was a bit derivative and therefore I didn’t feel comfortable sharing that one. So I’d love to see what this design looks like installed on a game!

**If you got a Fizzy Lifting Drink decal, please still feel free to PM me. I will prioritize others first, but if I don’t get a huge response, I will slot you into the list!

289BBC26-698E-4C0A-AAAA-79C3E0B0E52E (resized).jpeg289BBC26-698E-4C0A-AAAA-79C3E0B0E52E (resized).jpeg
#7318 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

[quoted image]

Congrats! That is awesome! I had a killer game 2 days ago for 15 mil. I got the lion's share of the score on Wonka Bar bonuses- Ended up with 596 bars and bonus at max 8X and bonus held.

#7319 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Congrats! That’s a really solid score. How long was your game?

it must have been 45 min to an hour. took forever. i was totally engaged as i was trying to get a third ticket via Kid or Wonkavator. i was getting close, but .... same old story. Two tickets.

#7320 3 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Congrats! That is awesome! I had a killer game 2 days ago for 15 mil. I got the lion's share of the score on Wonka Bar bonuses- Ended up with 596 bars and bonus at max 8X and bonus held.

yes, it was during this game that i realized that bonus maxes at 8X. I got a collect bonus for over 2 million points. that helped!

#7321 3 years ago

What are the code or call out differences with the CE vs the LE? I heard the CE has additional call outs and video clips? Would be cool if something like pinbrowser became available for JJPs to unlock unused assets in the game code. I’m enjoying the game so far, but it does get repetitive after a while and more audio and video clips from the movie would have been nice.

#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

[quoted image]

Stock Settings?? If so, fantastic score!!!

#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Stock Settings?? If so, fantastic score!!!

Stock everything except an extra ball for 1 million points. I always have an extra ball replay for some level of points that i find i only hit on occassion.
thx for the congrats!
Wonka is a top 5 game of all time for me. I am truly surprised that i say this because i don't totally love the theme and had never owned a JJP before. Love it!

#7324 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

What are the code or call out differences with the CE vs the LE? I heard the CE has additional call outs and video clips? Would be cool if something like pinbrowser became available for JJPs to unlock unused assets in the game code. I’m enjoying the game so far, but it does get repetitive after a while and more audio and video clips from the movie would have been nice.

Veruca did custom call outs for the CE.

#7325 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Stock everything except an extra ball for 1 million points. I always have an extra ball replay for some level of points that i find i only hit on occassion.
thx for the congrats!
Wonka is a top 5 game of all time for me. I am truly surprised that i say this because i don't totally love the theme and had never owned a JJP before. Love it!

Great score. It took me a long time to get 10mm... Now I have a goal to meet hahah. I havent been playing much lately but time to get back at it.

#7326 3 years ago

I have a small issue where my headphones only get sound to one ear. A while back people said I just needed to flip the connector inside the cabinet.

Does anyone know which connector that is?

#7327 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have a small issue where my headphones only get sound to one ear. A while back people said I just needed to flip the connector inside the cabinet.
Does anyone know which connector that is?

At the headphone jack board. Turn it around 180 degrees

#7328 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

At the headphone jack board. Turn it around 180 degrees

Yes, but which connector is it to turn 180 degrees?? Or is there only one? Sorry, Im not in front of my machine right now.

#7329 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes, but which connector is it to turn 180 degrees?? Or is there only one? Sorry, Im not in front of my machine right now.

There is just the one from the long harness. Other end plugs into the motherboard.

#7330 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

There is just the one from the long harness. Other end plugs into the motherboard.

Well that makes it easier haha. For some reason I thought there was more than one plugging into the headphone jack board.

Thanks! I will give it a try tonight/.

#7331 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

[quoted image]

Put the glass back on... just kidding, great score.

#7332 3 years ago

My Kickback is missing about 95% of the time. Anyone have an easy fix for this? Doesn't appear to be an alignment issue, but I've been wrong before!

#7333 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Anyone have an easy fix for this?

Either plunger or switch issue. Coils tend to pull the plunger to one side, so think about that when checking alignment. Then concentrate on the switch - closing too soon or too late ?

LTG : )

#7334 3 years ago

Hi everyone, just dropping in to say hello as I placed my order for a CE today!! Now the waiting game for delivery, but should be within the next 2 weeks. Feel like I won a Golden Ticket as the Mrs is as excited as I am and she approved the purchase!!

I’ve read all 147 pages over the past few weeks and definitely have a lot to learn. This is my first NIB so I likely will be back with “dumb” questions, but I’ll try searching the forums first.

Of course, overwhelmed by the various mods I’ve seen....

Johnathon

#7335 3 years ago
Quoted from Figment:

Hi everyone, just dropping in to say hello as I placed my order for a CE today!! Now the waiting game for delivery, but should be within the next 2 weeks. Feel like I won a Golden Ticket as the Mrs is as excited as I am and she approved the purchase!!
I’ve read all 147 pages over the past few weeks and definitely have a lot to learn. This is my first NIB so I likely will be back with “dumb” questions, but I’ll try searching the forums first.
Johnathon

Awesome. There are no dumb questions, so ask away. Everyone is here to have a good time and will help you out no sweat!
Congratulations!!!
r/
Mike

#7336 3 years ago

This game is so sweet it’s bursting chocolate at the seams!!! Based on the slime and ooze for GB and TMNT respectively. 3D Print files are in the Dropbox!

2C6ABE10-AA88-43A7-9795-95CADB95EBA8 (resized).jpeg2C6ABE10-AA88-43A7-9795-95CADB95EBA8 (resized).jpeg
#7337 3 years ago
Quoted from Figment:

Johnathon

Don't get too caught up in the mods. This is a great game out of the box. In my opinion it does need some extra lighting. Mine came with Pinstadiums. I wouldn't have otherwise paid a premium for what they do, but they work. Check out the Poor Man's Pinstadium thread if you think it's too dark.

#7338 3 years ago
Quoted from Figment:

Johnathon

We bought our CE at the beginning of the month and have been enjoying it everyday. Wife has even sneaked off several times to play a game, she's never did that before in the last 28 years of having pins. It's really a love hate relationship with this game, it kicks your a$$ and you just keep going back for more

#7339 3 years ago

Has everybody on here with a CE rated it? Last time I checked it still needed 6 or 7 ratings to be included in the top 100. This pin is amazing, almost missed it because it’s not rated up with the big dogs. So glad I didn’t.

#7340 3 years ago

Thought this beer was fitting.

20210129_230503 (resized).jpg20210129_230503 (resized).jpg
#7341 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Has everybody on here with a CE rated it? Last time I checked it still needed 6 or 7 ratings to be included in the top 100. This pin is amazing, almost missed it because it’s not rated up with the big dogs. So glad I didn’t.

Great point! Only 7 more reviews needed to get the CE added into top 100. LE and SE owner reviews have Wonka ranked at 31. Deserves higher in my opinion.

#7342 3 years ago
Quoted from Vabeachrunner4:

Hey all...just picked up a standard and we’re loving it so far! Question about the monitor and if anyone has any recommendations on the “best” settings for it? I know it could be totally subjective but my Wonka LCD looks kind of washed out and not as vibrant as my DILe in comparison. Anyone else notice anything like it?

Were you able to adjust your monitor settings successfully? Mine is in a dark room, so I just dialed down the brightness from 100 to 75, and upped the contrast from 50 to 80. Looks tons better to me now, but I think it will be very room/lighting specific. I didn’t venture in to the advanced adjustments, but would be curious to hear if you or anyone else did. Cheers.

#7343 3 years ago

was thinking about getting a shaker...

Sorry of its been asked a few times but recommended or not that big a deal on this game?

#7344 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

was thinking about getting a shaker...
Sorry of its been asked a few times but recommended or not that big a deal on this game?

Recommended

#7345 3 years ago

Recommended! The game ramps up the shaker at the start of Wonkavator multi ball and it’s a great effect. I set the shaker strength to high.

#7346 3 years ago

Hell yes recommended. Awesome integration!

#7347 3 years ago

Put in another 2 hours letting Wonka whoop my ass and tapped out. lol How can a game that makes you so happy make you so Mad! Amazing game but as a cute candy kids theme its an ass kicker!

#7348 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Put in another 2 hours letting Wonka whoop my ass and tapped out. lol How can a game that makes you so happy make you so Mad! Amazing game but as a cute candy kids theme its an ass kicker!

Wonka made a man out of me, pinball-wise. I was forced to learn better catch skills, nudge skills, and multiball cradling skills.

It is absolutely an ass kicker, but man when you reach the golden ticket goals...such a great payoff!

#7349 3 years ago

Someone in the DeepRoot thread actually posted something along the lines of “with RAZA xtra at $8k, I’m not really seeing $500 of extra value over Wonka SE”.

HaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaahhhhhhahahahahahhhhhaaaaahahalollollooolllloolloolloolloololololololololLlluuuullllzzzzzzzzz!

I actually feel bad for people that are missing out on WW because they think it’s a bad them integration or a game for grandmas or whatever. In my top 5 all time and probably higher when it’s all said and done. Chipping playfield and all.

#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s brutal, for sure. I’ve owned it for a week and still learning the shots and rules. Three golden tickets and 7.5M is my best so far. Factory settings except added extra ball for replay and special and set tilt warnings to max. I nudge a LOT with this game. It definitely keeps me coming back for more!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/147?hl=mnluz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.