IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 280.
#7201 3 years ago

Is pure imagination in the game?

#7202 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

ah, well there is a clue at least. Thx! I will watch that build, then look for something scoring that amount. This is really bugging me!
Just played and watched the pink pipe. You can build it up to 5000 in 500 increments by shooting the left shot under the TV. Maxes out at 5000. Now to figure out what that relates to!

Yes, and then for every "jackpot" shot in OLO (even the ones that have already been shot, which still get a decent score just not as high as when they were lit), that amount on the pipe is added to it as a little booster.

#7203 3 years ago

I came up with this mod today when a Bluetooth tower speaker stopped working. I removed the spinning motorized dome with LED lighting from the tower and repurposed it as Gobstopper Undercabinet lighting.

#7204 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Any way to change the timer on “instant info”?
I often cradle a ball to look at the backglass UI to see who I have qualified, what modes are staged for my saucer shot and other stuff.
Seems like “instant info” comes up in about 5 seconds, then I have to cycle through it with my other flipper. Not end of the world but would be nice to change the timer to closer to 10-15 secs for instant info.

To be honest, you want to cycle thru the menu anyway...it's one of the many things you can do as qualifiers for the Gumball golden ticket.

#7205 3 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Every time you shoot the ball to do a Pure Imagination loop (left lane under WonkaVision) it increases the count by 500. Not sure when/how you collect it.

It also increases when you shoot the spinner loop, but still not exactly sure why. Best way to find out is to video your game lol. Too hard trying to watch that and play. My guess is that it’s just the value for hitting that loop and it’s collected every time you hit it.

#7206 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

It also increases when you shoot the spinner loop, but still not exactly sure why. Best way to find out is to video your game lol. Too hard trying to watch that and play. My guess is that it’s just the value for hitting that loop and it’s collected every time you hit it.

Correction...only the left Wonkavision ramp raises this. Spoke too soon. I just had my best game yet trying to watch for this though lmao...proving again that, like golf, less focus is sometimes better!

#7207 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

To be honest, you want to cycle thru the menu anyway...it's one of the many things you can do as qualifiers for the Gumball golden ticket.

Yeah I know you get a coin for cycling through the info, but I usually gain the gumball golden ticket via all the other random coin awards.

I wish the instant info could be set to come up after one flipper is seen cradling a ball and the alternate flipper is activated two or three times.

#7208 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I totally did not know that counted, lol

#7209 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Yes, and then for every "jackpot" shot in OLO (even the ones that have already been shot, which still get a decent score just not as high as when they were lit), that amount on the pipe is added to it as a little booster.

Ah ha! Many thx. Not as exciting as I had hoped, but great to know!

#7210 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Yeah I know you get a coin for cycling through the info, but I usually gain the gumball golden ticket via all the other random coin awards.
I wish the instant info could be set to come up after one flipper is seen cradling a ball and the alternate flipper is activated two or three times.

Agreed. The instant info menu needs work. I don’t think you can switch the “hold” to go back (left) either. And each screen times out! Wtf? So if you miss what you want you need to start over.

#7211 3 years ago

Just ran into a problem on my newer Wonka LE today. I was playing a game and noticed a total lack of low end sound. I know the low end on the game is nothing to write home about, but it used to be there. Now it's 95% gone. The subwoofer is still getting power because the cone still vibrates slightly when you put your finger on it. I de-soldered the wires and ran those directly to a powered subwoofer. Same deal. Severe lack of sound. Makes me think it's a board issue or something further up the chain. Doesn't appear to be the actual woofer.

This wasn't an issue until I moved the machine from one end of the room to the other. I have the game on those wooden pinfooties so it slides nice. Maybe something jostled loose during me moving it???

I put a ticket in with JJP. Anyone run into this before?

#7212 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone run into this before?

Hey NightTrain

We had something similar on our Wonka but I think you are on the right track with the amplifier board based on what you are describing. Below are some things to look at that might help you to diagnose your issue:

1) Locate the sub speaker wire connector at J104 on the sound board and first inspect the pins carefully to ensure that neither wire is loose in the socket housing. You should be able to pull on both the red and black wires gently and the pins should be firmly locked into the connector and the wires should remain in place.
2) With sound playing, "wiggle" the J104 connector gently and listen for the sub to regain or completely lose its drive. This might indicate a cold solder joint on the J104 header. If the backbox speakers are too loud for you to hear a toggle in the sub speaker, unplug J105 and J016 (left and right backbox speaker lines) and then do the wiggle test.
3) If you have a Pirates of the Caribbean or Guns N' Roses you can swap sound boards and see if the issue tracks the board. If you do this, I'd recommend measuring the DC resistance of the cabinet speaker to ensure it is not somehow shorted out - do this with the speaker wires connected so that you are checking both the speaker and speaker wires as a connected system - you should read either 4 or 8 Ohms depending on the speaker. A shorted wire pair or speaker could have resulted in damage to the amplifier board so keep this in mind before you decide to swap boards.

Finally, have you modified the sound system in any other way? I ask because as you might imagine we run across many cases where guys have burned up their sound board attempting to add incompatible aftermarket electronics to their system.

We'd love to know where this ends up!

-Dan
PinWoofer

#7213 3 years ago

Hey all...this is just a miscellaneous random comment. I have a JP Premium and WWLE next to each other. Have had both for 3 months. While there is certainly a difference in price, in my opinion (and that is supported by the play at my house) the WWLE is a much smoother, entertaining, and much more satisfying game. JP has long clanking up and down shots. I am much more pleased with this game than I thought I would be. I really feel the on-line videos (no matter how well they are done) just don't do the game justice, and I think it may come down to the sounds the game makes. In real life, everything actually sounds great...and seems appropriate for the theme...and I have yet to tire of any aspect of this game.

Oh, I do have a question. When I power up the game and it is going through the boot-up, I hear a very very loud audible crackle apparently when the amp comes to life. It is as if there was somebody inside actually plugging in the pre-amp signal to a live amp. JP is silent upon boot-up. Just wondering.

#7214 3 years ago
Quoted from smoke20:

Hey all...this is just a miscellaneous random comment. I have a JP Premium and WWLE next to each other. Have had both for 3 months. While there is certainly a difference in price, in my opinion (and that is supported by the play at my house) the WWLE is a much smoother, entertaining, and much more satisfying game. JP has long clanking up and down shots. I am much more pleased with this game than I thought I would be. I really feel the on-line videos (no matter how well they are done) just don't do the game justice, and I think it may come down to the sounds the game makes. In real life, everything actually sounds great...and seems appropriate for the theme...and I have yet to tire of any aspect of this game.
Oh, I do have a question. When I power up the game and it is going through the boot-up, I hear a very very loud audible crackle apparently when the amp comes to life. It is as if there was somebody inside actually plugging in the pre-amp signal to a live amp. JP is silent upon boot-up. Just wondering.

It’s normal

#7215 3 years ago
Quoted from smoke20:

The "pop" at the ~10s mark is generated by the mother board headphone output (that routes to the amplifier board), and not the amplifier itself. harryhoudini has a gizmo that gates the lines until after that event for guys who can't live with it. It won't hurt anything and every JJP title I've ever seen does this.

#7216 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The "pop" at the ~10s mark is generated by the mother board headphone output (that routes to the amplifier board), and not the amplifier itself. harryhoudini has a gizmo that gates the lines until after that event for guys who can't live with it. It won't hurt anything and every JJP title I've ever seen does this.

Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks Gents.

#7217 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

I have one of these on my LE, it works perfectly and is easy to install. Highly recommended.

#7218 3 years ago

Getting my Wonka SE in tomorrow. Want to know if there's anything I should be looking to adjust out of the gate. Any specific pitch I should be going for?

#7219 3 years ago

I'm having an intermittent issue with balls getting stuck in the saucer. (See Picture Below)
Anyone run into this? It only seems to happen when I have several multi balls. Eventually it looks for the ball and kicks one out but it does take awhile. Any suggestions?

IMG_0250 (resized).jpgIMG_0250 (resized).jpg
#7220 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey nighttrain
We had something similar on our Wonka but I think you are on the right track with the amplifier board based on what you are describing. Below are some things to look at that might help you to diagnose your issue:
1) Locate the sub speaker wire connector at J104 on the sound board and first inspect the pins carefully to ensure that neither wire is loose in the socket housing. You should be able to pull on both the red and black wires gently and the pins should be firmly locked into the connector and the wires should remain in place.
2) With sound playing, "wiggle" the J104 connector gently and listen for the sub to regain or completely lose its drive. This might indicate a cold solder joint on the J104 header. If the backbox speakers are too loud for you to hear a toggle in the sub speaker, unplug J105 and J016 (left and right backbox speaker lines) and then do the wiggle test.
3) If you have a Pirates of the Caribbean or Guns N' Roses you can swap sound boards and see if the issue tracks the board. If you do this, I'd recommend measuring the DC resistance of the cabinet speaker to ensure it is not somehow shorted out - do this with the speaker wires connected so that you are checking both the speaker and speaker wires as a connected system - you should read either 4 or 8 Ohms depending on the speaker. A shorted wire pair or speaker could have resulted in damage to the amplifier board so keep this in mind before you decide to swap boards.
Finally, have you modified the sound system in any other way? I ask because as you might imagine we run across many cases where guys have burned up their sound board attempting to add incompatible aftermarket electronics to their system.
We'd love to know where this ends up!
-Dan
PinWoofer

Thanks for the insight. I just checked all of this as well as all of the 3.5mm cables. Everything was good and tight.

Then I unplugged the 3.5mm cable from the sound board with game powered up. The game didn’t like that. The game froze and both displays appeared cracked. I shut the machine off. Now it won’t even boot.

One step forward and two steps back.

#7221 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

I'm having an intermittent issue with balls getting stuck in the saucer. (See Picture Below)
Anyone run into this? It only seems to happen when I have several multi balls. Eventually it looks for the ball and kicks one out but it does take awhile. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Could be a bad opto. I had to replace one there early on. JJP sent me a new one, and I've heard of it happening to others as well.

#7222 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

[quoted image]

Have you ever changed the balls? Could be sticking via magnetism if you already confirmed the saucer opto works.

#7223 3 years ago

Clean the reflective opto with isopropyl (medical) alcohol. Put shiny pinballs in the game

#7224 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Clean the reflective opto with isopropyl (medical) alcohol. Put shiny pinballs in the game

Quoted from zaphX:

Have you ever changed the balls? Could be sticking via magnetism if you already confirmed the saucer opto works.

Thanks. I will give both a try.

#7225 3 years ago

Pinballomatic Any ideas on my issue? I do have an open ticket with Ken. Case #7937. I can certainly wait for his reply. Just figured I’d pick your brain.

#7226 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

pinballomatic Any ideas on my issue? I do have an open ticket with Ken. Case #7937. I can certainly wait for his reply. Just figured I’d pick your brain.

Bypass the ground loop isolator in case that's the problem. Just plug the audio cable directly into the motherboard and sound board.
If your game doesn't boot up try jump starting the motherboard

#7227 3 years ago

Bypass the ground loop isolator in case that's the problem. Just plug the audio cable directly into the motherboard and sound board.
If your game doesn't boot up try jump starting the motherboard

Great video. Thanks for sharing. That got my game booted.

I bypassed the ground loop isolator. That fixed it. I need a new ground loop isolator. Damn it sounds bad without that isolator!

You the man. I’ll respond to Ken and ask for him to send a new ground loop isolator.

#7228 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Great video. Thanks for sharing. That got my game booted.
I bypassed the ground loop isolator. That fixed it. I need a new ground loop isolator. Damn it sounds bad without that isolator!
You the man. I’ll respond to Ken and ask for him to send a new ground loop isolator.

Okay no problem glad I could help. Ken is the very best of the very best.

#7229 3 years ago

Anyone know if there is a specific type of 3.5mm ground loop isolator that should be used between the CPU and the Audio board? Or would any run of the mill part work like the ones below?

https://www.amazon.com/BESIGN-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B06XQYN77L/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/ref=sr_1_3

#7230 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone know if there is a specific type of 3.5mm ground loop isolator that should be used between the CPU and the Audio board? Or would any run of the mill part work like the ones below?
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

They are essentially all the same. Shouldnt matter..

#7231 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Getting my Wonka SE in tomorrow. Want to know if there's anything I should be looking to adjust out of the gate. Any specific pitch I should be going for?

Typical issue is the gobstopper ball kickout, there is a ton of info on what to do for that if its sticking.

I have mine at 6.5 and think its works there... make sure the left to right is spot on also and check in more than one spot (front and middle of playfield at least)

#7232 3 years ago

It’s cool to see all the love for Wonka right now.A few of us here were early preachers of the greatness of this pin.
It got off to a bad start(mainly due to Kaneda’s bitching) and a few others here on Pinside.

#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s cool to see all the love for Wonka right now.A few of us here were early preachers of the greatness of this pin.
It got off to a bad start(mainly due to Kaneda’s bitching) and a few others here on Pinside.

It's an amazing game. I didn't give it the time of day when it first launched. Looked like a dud to me. I was very very wrong.

#7234 3 years ago

Hello Candy Lovers

Is there any word on more LE's being produced? Have sold 5000 already??

Thank you!
Mike

#7235 3 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello Candy Lovers
Is there any word on more LE's being produced? Have sold 5000 already??
Thank you!
Mike

My guess is there is no way they sold 5000 units, but rumor has it they stopped production on Wonka's so I wouldn't hold my breath on getting one anytime soon. That doesn't mean at some point they won't do another run, but its anyones guess. Their pretty busy pumping out GNR's and they have their next title I assume they want to launch this year...

#7236 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is there is no way they sold 5000 units, but rumor has it they stopped production on Wonka's so I wouldn't hold my breath on getting one anytime soon. That doesn't mean at some point they won't do another run, but its anyones guess. Their pretty busy pumping out GNR's and they have their next title I assume they want to launch this year...

This is pretty much it - there are still some NIB CEs at the factory. More WW LE or SE could be made later on.

#7237 3 years ago

For the captive ball, what do the numbered inserts with the candy canes score? I thought they’d give you “x” pieces of candy, per the number. But that doesn’t seem to be it. An answer to this will also answer my second question: what does the “increase captive ball value” computer award do?

I’d really like to see an update to a lot of the scoring and have there be a way to extend the main timers the multipliers.

#7238 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

For the captive ball, what do the numbered inserts with the candy canes score? I thought they’d give you “x” pieces of candy, per the number. But that doesn’t seem to be it. An answer to this will also answer my second question: what does the “increase captive ball value” computer award do?
I’d really like to see an update to a lot of the scoring and have there be a way to extend the main timers the multipliers.

It is just the score value of the captive ball in both instances. Also you can extend mode timers by hitting the wonka factory tower standup if that's what you mean.

#7239 3 years ago

This is pretty much it - there are still some NIB CEs at the factory. More WW LE or SE could be made later on.

My guess if u decided to run an older game it would be POTC? With the prices sky rocketing I'm sure u could easily sell another 500+ units at a premium

#7240 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess if u decided to run an older game it would be POTC? With the prices sky rocketing I'm sure u could easily sell another 500+ units at a premium

I know a JJP dealer pretty well and they were told they have zero plans to ever run Wonka again.

Of course they could but they have their eyes on future biz and games and arent as nimble as Stern to re-run things.

If it ends up blowing up in price like Pirates who knows.

#7241 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

It is just the score value of the captive ball in both instances. Also you can extend mode timers by hitting the wonka factory tower standup if that's what you mean.

I know computer award modes can be extended (by collecting the next computer award). But can a multiplier countdown be extended? Ive never seen this.

#7242 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I know a JJP dealer pretty well and they were told they have zero plans to ever run Wonka again.
Of course they could but they have their eyes on future biz and games and arent as nimble as Stern to re-run things.

That’s odd since an actual employee 3 posts up said the opposite. Maybe your dealer doesn’t have a clue? Fact, a dealer will Always promote an option they Have to sell vs giving any expectation to hold your money for a future interest.

#7243 3 years ago

Mine told me they stopped building Wonka's, but he never said they would NEVER run again....only time will tell

#7244 3 years ago

Just received our NIB Willy Wonka SE today. Unboxed and set it up and the Gobstopper spinning toy and gobble hole aren't working. When I go into the testing menu it says: Gobstopper Hole - Check device. Malfunction Detected. When I go to test it the gobble hole doesn't rotate at all. When we play the game it seems to still lock balls when hitting the Gobstopper target, but it's not physically collecting the balls. So...that sucks! Any ideas or should I just go straight to my distributor and start the repair process?

#7245 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Just received our NIB Willy Wonka SE today. Unboxed and set it up and the Gobstopper spinning toy and gobble hole aren't working. When I go into the testing menu it says: Gobstopper Hole - Check device. Malfunction Detected. When I go to test it the gobble hole doesn't rotate at all. When we play the game it seems to still lock balls when hitting the Gobstopper target, but it's not physically collecting the balls. So...that sucks! Any ideas or should I just go straight to my distributor and start the repair process?

Check the yellow plug that runs to the gobble hole motor. Check all plugs on the I o board behind the monitor as they can pull off or get stretched in moving and shipping the game. Check all 14 fuses on the I o board. My guess is you will find a harness back there unplugged.

#7246 3 years ago

Check the yellow plug that runs to the gobble hole motor. Check all plugs on the I o board behind the monitor as they can pull off or get stretched in moving and shipping the game. Check all 14 fuses on the I o board. My guess is you will find a harness back there unplugged.

Thanks @pinballomatic, there was a harness unplugged in the backbox (something I wish I had thought of before posting this, haha). That fixed the spinning Gobstopper, but I'm still having issues with the gobble hole. Here's a pic of the test report.

TestReport (resized).jpgTestReport (resized).jpg

TestReport2 (resized).jpgTestReport2 (resized).jpg
#7247 3 years ago

Does the gobble hole move and orient itself now when you power up the game (think twilight zone clock)?

#7248 3 years ago

Those switches are flagged red simply because the game hasn’t seen them hit in awhile since your gobble hole hasn’t been moving while you’ve been playing.

#7249 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s odd since an actual employee 3 posts up said the opposite. Maybe your dealer doesn’t have a clue? Fact, a dealer will Always promote an option they Have to sell vs giving any expectation to hold your money for a future interest.

he said they "could" which of course they could...

are they planning to? nope

If it skyrockets in price of course they will someday

dealer wasnt trying to sell me on anything since they ya know.. they didnt have any to sell.

#7250 3 years ago

he said they "could" which of course they could...
are they planning to? nope
If it skyrockets in price of course they will someday
dealer wasnt trying to sell me on anything since they ya know.. they didnt have any to sell.

My guess is your probably correct; however if JJP ever gets to full capacity they might start doing small runs of older games if theres demand. My guess is if they ever get to that point the first thing they will run is POTC and charge a premium for the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/145?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.