IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 279.
#7151 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, it happened to me. A little chip - about 25% of a fingernail - on my Playfield. Oddly, next to a post that wasn’t pooling. The non star post - under the small plastic- by the Factory target. Sigh.
Not in the players view, thank goodness, but I’d like to repair.
What’s the drill? I think the chip will fit back in the spot it chipped from. Advice on what to do? Does JJP provide any chip kits?

Don't bother with JJP. They'll just tell you to keep playing your game and silently laugh at you.

#7152 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Don't bother with JJP. They'll just tell you to keep playing your game and silently laugh at you.

I love the game so much, maybe they’d do me a good trade in for an LE?

#7153 3 years ago

I love the game so much, maybe they’d do me a good trade in for an LE?

never hurts to ask.. from what I know all thats left NIB is CEs.

Everything is sold out.

#7154 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

So, when Iron Maiden came out, that was it. Here's my first machine in many years after selling off my collection about 9 years ago. It's Keith Elwin, deep ruleset, it's a band I listen to, etc... No brainer. Wrong. Yes, it's awesome, Keith is awesome and it's somewhat fun but it's mode/competition oriented and personally didn't keep my interest long for whatever reason.
I sold the Iron Maiden Premium first.
Mike

This is surprising .... My daughter and I are not competitive players nor huge Iron Maiden fans (she never even heard of the band before we go the pin) and this is consistently our favorite go to pin. Thought about selling it for a GNR ... but just can't - it's still so much freaken fun

#7155 3 years ago

Proud to Finally be back in the club. A quick trip over to mothership JJP to pick up our New Wonka CE and the room is complete. Luckily Axel, Johnny Dep, and Charlie are getting along Very well. Such amazing games, great job JJP!

IMG_6390 (resized).jpgIMG_6390 (resized).jpg
#7156 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

never hurts to ask.. from what I know all thats left NIB is CEs.
Everything is sold out.

Did Jersey Jack stop production of Wonkas indefinitely? It doesn't feel like they built all 5,000 of the Limited editions. Every time something ends production, the sudden urge from others to want it kicks in.

#7157 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Did Jersey Jack stop production of Wonkas indefinitely? It doesn't feel like they built all 5,000 of the Limited editions. Every time something ends production, the sudden urge from others to want it kicks in.

I don't Think JJP knows the word Indefinitely. lol

#7158 3 years ago

All new pins from here on out.. no reason to go back. If u want a jjp older title u sld probably start looking as there are not many of any left nib. Plus they are so busy with g@r and getting new titles ready for release I just don't see them having the time ...at least for a long while . Y go back ? Just keep releasing awesome new pins that are amazing and that's all they need.

#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All new pins from here on out.. no reason to go back. If u want a jjp older title u sld probably start looking as there are not many of any left nib. Plus they are so busy with g@r and getting new titles ready for release I just don't see them having the time ...at least for a long while . Y go back ? Just keep releasing awesome new pins that are amazing and that's all they need.

I just bought a NIB Wonka SE but I had to buy from a distributor across the country and have it shipped. They said JJP might make more, but with GNR production and anything new that might come out it's unlikely.

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Proud to Finally be back in the club. A quick trip over to mothership JJP to pick up our New Wonka CE and the room is complete. Luckily Axel, Johnny Dep, and Charlie are getting along Very well. Such amazing games, great job JJP!
[quoted image]

DYNAMITE collection.

#7161 3 years ago

Any buzz on when the new code is coming that supports WIFI?

#7162 3 years ago

Can one of you Wonka SE owners confirm something for me? Here’s a pick of the pcb (behind backglass). Mine came with the 10 pin header with the powder blue wires unattached - bottom of board. Lines up with J113 on the board. Is this right, or did it come loose in shipping? Really appreciate any help here.

8CB93C05-5CAA-4804-9105-D6E294859444 (resized).jpeg8CB93C05-5CAA-4804-9105-D6E294859444 (resized).jpeg
#7163 3 years ago

Nvm...found it in the manual. This thing must have got bounced around pretty good in shipping. My gobstopper even left some paint on the glass. J113 powers the start button light and some other accessories not on the SE.

#7164 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Can one of you Wonka SE owners confirm something for me? Here’s a pick of the pcb (behind backglass). Mine came with the 10 pin header with the powder blue wires unattached - bottom of board. Lines up with J113 on the board. Is this right, or did it come loose in shipping? Really appreciate any help here.
[quoted image]

Yes it should plug right back in that spot... I took a picture of mine hopefully it helps.

44631CDA-F68B-42CF-B8FB-C3AA99804AB7.jpeg44631CDA-F68B-42CF-B8FB-C3AA99804AB7.jpeg4CE01672-E56A-4D70-8A33-0E224FDB993C.jpeg4CE01672-E56A-4D70-8A33-0E224FDB993C.jpeg
#7165 3 years ago

Is that a Kingston SSD in there? One small pet peeve for JJP machines is the long bootup time. Surprised it takes as long as it does even with an SSD inside these.

#7166 3 years ago

Anyone know what flipper rubbers come stock on JJP games?

#7167 3 years ago

From what I heard they have no plans to run it again... but yah never say never I guess.

I think its destined to be a classic top 10 game so who knows longterm.

They could always run a super duper special super special neato edition someday like they did with WOZ.

I doubt they run standards again anyways.

#7168 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Yes it should plug right back in that spot... I took a picture of mine hopefully it helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, I plugged it in and all is well. Thanks. I was told this was one of the last ones in the plant. It was supposed to go overseas but the order got canceled, so they converted back to 110V and sold stateside. Maybe (hopefully) it was accidentally unplugged during the switchover and not during shipping...

#7169 3 years ago

Is that a Kingston SSD in there? One small pet peeve for JJP machines is the long bootup time. Surprised it takes as long as it does even with an SSD inside these.

Yep, and agreed...still a long boot.

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Anyone know what flipper rubbers come stock on JJP games?

Pretty sure it's suzo/happ red rubber.

#7171 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Yep, and agreed...still a long boot.

Compared to my MMr the boot is actually quick. It's all relative

#7172 3 years ago

Houdini boot time is longer....

#7173 3 years ago

I always thought I would figure it out, but i give up. What is the pink pipe telling me? 3500 points for what? It starts at nothing but I have seen it as high as 5000.
Love the game. Love it.

4851CF27-AD72-40E3-A1C3-CF532CE90B10 (resized).jpeg4851CF27-AD72-40E3-A1C3-CF532CE90B10 (resized).jpeg
#7174 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I always thought I would figure it out, but i give up. What is the pink pipe telling me? 3500 points for what? It starts at nothing but I have seen it as high as 5000.
Love the game. Love it.
[quoted image]

Would love to know this too!

#7175 3 years ago

Would love to know this too!

If I remember correctly it is the value for jackpots in Oompa Loompa Odyssey.

#7176 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Really my Mm Royal is up in running a full minute ahead of my wonka CE

#7177 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Lol, right. Definitely not even a consideration for me when choosing/rating a game, just truth.

#7178 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That seems too low. Those jackpots are higher. It must be something else.

#7179 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

That seems too low. Those jackpots are higher. It must be something else.

Well, shit. I know it has something to do with OLO I just don't recall what.

#7180 3 years ago

What's the going rate on a pinball sale for someone selling Willie Wonka?

#7181 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, shit. I know it has something to do with OLO I just don't recall what.

Keefer, help!

#7182 3 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

6300-7000 for the standard depending on number of plays and condition etc.

I can see this going up over time as the game gets more popular (which it will because its the best JJP for people who actually can play pinball).

Not sure on the other two versions, I wanted a standard so just kept an eye on that one.

#7183 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

that can’t be right. OLO usually cashes out at over 200k if you don’t collect the super. 9 jackpots X 3,500 is barely 35,000 points.

#7184 3 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Whatever it is, it’s going up by the day!

#7185 3 years ago

There quite a few things that could be polished up on this game, If they’re planning a code update.

One thing that would help the game IMO is lighting extra ball for every Golden ticket obtained, starting with #2. If you don’t cash that ball, it’s gone.

How else are we gonna finish the damn game?

#7186 3 years ago

We have had our WONKA LE now for about one year and we still find it to be an amazing, fun filled game. It is even better now that we implemented a 'fix' for the 'stdm' drains from the pop bumpers. At my wife's suggestion we added some Titan silicone rings to the post that is just behind the 'Gobble hole'. We pushed down the existing ring and added 2 more, a 7/16 o.d. and then a 1/4" o.d. in essence creating a stack of 3 rings there. By observation, we believe this modest change has cut down the drains by at least 50%. The game is still very challenging but less frustrating now that we have evened out the odds a bit. Just wanted to share.

#7187 3 years ago

I've had a few people request this, this is a deep dive into Kid Multiball and how to get that golden ticket.

I did collect it once about halfway into the stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/877425253

#7188 3 years ago

How else are we gonna finish the damn game?

After 1100 games, I finally got to Wonka's Office mode, but only accumulated two golden tickets after reaching this score lol.
DSC_3348 (resized).JPGDSC_3348 (resized).JPG

#7189 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Love the game. Love it.
[quoted image]

Every time you shoot the ball to do a Pure Imagination loop (left lane under WonkaVision) it increases the count by 500. Not sure when/how you collect it.

#7190 3 years ago

ah, well there is a clue at least. Thx! I will watch that build, then look for something scoring that amount. This is really bugging me!

Just played and watched the pink pipe. You can build it up to 5000 in 500 increments by shooting the left shot under the TV. Maxes out at 5000. Now to figure out what that relates to!

#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

added 2 more, a 7/16 o.d. and then a 1/4" o.d. in essence creating a stack of 3 rings there

Hi ardadem,

Thanks for the tip. I found the 7/16" o.d on the Titan website, but did you mean a 1/4" o.d. for the top one? Seems tiny and I can't find it on the Titan website. Thanks!

Jim

#7192 3 years ago

Yes. You are correct. I measured the 2 that I used instead of referring to Titan's website. Apologies.

#7194 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

We have had our WONKA LE now for about one year and we still find it to be an amazing, fun filled game. It is even better now that we implemented a 'fix' for the 'stdm' drains from the pop bumpers. At my wife's suggestion we added some Titan silicone rings to the post that is just behind the 'Gobble hole'. We pushed down the existing ring and added 2 more, a 7/16 o.d. and then a 1/4" o.d. in essence creating a stack of 3 rings there. By observation, we believe this modest change has cut down the drains by at least 50%. The game is still very challenging but less frustrating now that we have evened out the odds a bit. Just wanted to share.

Unless I missed the post can Please share a picture of this pop modification. Please!! Love this game but that pop exit just kills the mood for us.

#7195 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've had a few people request this, this is a deep dive into Kid Multiball and how to get that golden ticket.
I did collect it once about halfway into the stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/877425253

Can't thank you enough for this detailed and thorough walk through on the kid multiball and obtaining that Golden ticket. How you highlighted and explained the backglass animation Completely makes sense now and really helps understand the progress. Strongly suggest a look if anyone wants to get a more detailed understanding of this amazing game. Thanks so much for doing this!!!

#7196 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can't thank you enough for this detailed and thorough walk through on the kid multiball and obtaining that Golden ticket. How you highlighted and explained the backglass animation Completely makes sense now and really helps understand the progress. Strongly suggest a look if anyone wants to get a more detailed understanding of this amazing game. Thanks so much for doing this!!!

I wholeheartedly agree with this - zaphX did an awesome job with this video.

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Unless I missed the post can Please share a picture of this pop modification. Please!! Love this game but that pop exit just kills the mood for us.

Here you go Dave. You should be able to enlarge the image by hovering over it but, I am sure you know the 'drill'. Nothing elegant but the the added rings enable a slight deflection that seems to slightly redirect the ball's travel coming off of the pop bumpers. Our solution does not prevent the 'STDM' issue but it does lessen its occurrences. We used an 'orange stick' to help position the Titan rings over and onto the post. We did not have to remove anything in order to place the rings but it is tight. A 5 minute job at most. BTW, for anyone wondering what an orange stick is, it is simply a narrow wooded stick about 6-8" long and used commonly as a manicure tool. One end of the stick is generally pointed and somewhat sharp while the other is flat and angled. Orange sticks are also very handy in working in electronics because of their non conductive properties. Sorry if 'TMI'.

20210117_232341[11927] (resized).jpg20210117_232341[11927] (resized).jpg
#7198 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Here you go Dave. You should be able to enlarge the image by hovering over it but, I am sure you know the 'drill'. Nothing elegant but the the added rings enable a slight deflection that seems to slightly redirect the ball's travel coming off of the pop bumpers. Our solution does not prevent the 'STDM' issue but it does lessen its occurrences. We used an 'orange stick' to help position the Titan rings over and onto the post. We did not have to remove anything in order to place the rings but it is tight. A 5 minute job at most. BTW, for anyone wondering what an orange stick is, it is simply a narrow wooded stick about 6-8" long and used commonly as a manicure tool. One end of the stick is generally pointed and somewhat sharp while the other is flat and angled. Orange sticks are also very handy in working in electronics because of their non conductive properties. Sorry if 'TMI'.
[quoted image]

Gotcha thanks! So just that post under (ish) the mushroom. Will give that a try tonight thanks!

#7199 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Gotcha thanks! So just that post under (ish) the mushroom. Will give that a try tonight thanks!

Please report back on results. More date better!

#7200 3 years ago

Any way to change the timer on “instant info”?

I often cradle a ball to look at the backglass UI to see who I have qualified, what modes are staged for my saucer shot and other stuff.

Seems like “instant info” comes up in about 5 seconds, then I have to cycle through it with my other flipper. Not end of the world but would be nice to change the timer to closer to 10-15 secs for instant info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/144?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.