IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 279.
#7101 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

You have the high power interlock switch pulled out so the coil can fire?

I closed the coin door so it could fire, do I need to do something else?

#7102 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I closed the coin door so it could fire, do I need to do something else?

No that will work. When you run the test, what specific boxes light up or do not light up?

#7103 3 years ago

what specific boxes light up or do not light up?

Only the elevator diverter box and it lights yellow.

#7104 3 years ago

Does the diverter coil fire when that happens?

#7105 3 years ago

No, nothing fires at all. It worked three times where everything fired and lit all boxes green. Then I went back to test report to see if it cleared. Now, only the elevator diverter lights yellow and nothing fires.

#7106 3 years ago

No, wait. The diverter is firing when I do it.

#7107 3 years ago

Mine runs through the test fine - are you running 1.33 software?

#7108 3 years ago

are you running 1.33 software

No, 1.31.
I will try an update and see if it helps.

Thank you for all of your patience and helpful advice. I really appreciate it.

#7109 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

No, 1.31.
I will try an update and see if it helps.
Thank you for all of your patience and helpful advice. I really appreciate it.

1.33 delta remember - just goes on top of the software you have.

#7110 3 years ago

This game is killing me today! I tried about 15 times to do the Delta Upgrade and for some reason it won't work. Do all the steps. I get the V1.33 update on my usb. Insert it into game. When I hit the USB update screen says it's updating for about a minute. It never says download complete. It just reloads the software to V1.31. Between this and the wonkevator trouble I am going insane. Anyone ever have trouble with this update? I'm using a mac to download the software. Thanks.

#7111 3 years ago

Okay, I can see the problem now. I can move the wonkavater diverter open manually without a problem, it opens all the way. But when the coil fires, the diverter only opens a few centimeters. Not sure what to do to fix that issue. Nothing is physically blocking it.

#7112 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Okay, I can see the problem now. I can move the wonkavater diverter open manually without a problem, it opens all the way. But when the coil fires, the diverter only opens a few centimeters. Not sure what to do to fix that issue. Nothing is physically blocking it.

Could it be dragging? That is, too low over the bushing just like a flipper gets if not gapped properly?

#7113 3 years ago

Could it be dragging

That could be it. The assembly does seem to be sliding a bit too far down. And when I push it back up and test it seems to open all the way one time. And then go back to barely opening. Is there was way to tighten this?

#7114 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

That could be it. The assembly does seem to be sliding a bit too far down. And when I push it back up and test it seems to open all the way one time. And then go back to barely opening. Is there was way to tighten this?

Yes it's like a flipper pawl. Gently loosen the 3/8" nut just a bit, tap the post up so that it is higher above the bushing, and re-tighten. You want a gap of really no more than 1/16" or 1/8" at most so that it cleanly travels without too much up and down room to flop around. Feel the gaps on the flippers by picking up the boot as if you were going to lift it straight up off of the playfield - that's all the room you want. Adjust the post on the diverter so it feels the same height as best you can.

#7115 3 years ago

Yes it's like a flipper pawl. Gently loosen the 3/8" nut just a bit, tap the post up so that it is higher above the bushing, and re-tighten. You want a gap of really no more than 1/16" or 1/8" at most so that it cleanly travels without too much up and down room to flop around. Feel the gaps on the flippers by picking up the boot as if you were going to lift it straight up off of the playfield - that's all the room you want. Adjust the post on the diverter so it feels the same height as best you can.

If you like, Butch did an excellent flipper basics video which covers up/down gapping as it relates to flippers and that's the same idea for your diverter. JJP website - support - downloads - support videos. It's on our youtube channel too.

#7116 3 years ago

Adjust the post on the diverter so it feels the same height as best you can.

You are a genius! Thank you so much for all your help, Pimballomatic! You are awesome! I am so relieved! After a sleepless night trying to puzzle through what was wrong I thought I would have to call in a technician. Thank you for being so patient and kind.

#7117 3 years ago

Ok I've done updates before, but can't seem to do it now. I'm on ver 1.26 so I need to do the full install of 1.31 (and then I can do the patch to 1.33). I went through the steps:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

UNETBOOTIN starts installing the iso, and at the very end it asks if I want to install the linux system again (so I press yes to all). All the files are on the usb stick, I put it in my machine and boot, and it doesn't do any updating. Even tried doing a full formatting of the usb stick first just to be sure.

Guess I need to try rufus?

#7118 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

You are a genius! Thank you so much for all your help, Pimballomatic! You are awesome! I am so relieved! After a sleepless night trying to puzzle through what was wrong I thought I would have to call in a technician. Thank you for being so patient and kind.

That's what I'm here for no problem. Glad you got it working.

#7119 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Ok I've done updates before, but can't seem to do it now. I'm on ver 1.26 so I need to do the full install of 1.31 (and then I can do the patch to 1.33). I went through the steps:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/
UNETBOOTIN starts installing the iso, and at the very end it asks if I want to install the linux system again (so I press yes to all). All the files are on the usb stick, I put it in my machine and boot, and it doesn't do any updating. Even tried doing a full formatting of the usb stick first just to be sure.
Guess I need to try rufus?

Try plugging the stick into the bottom of the motherboard bypassing the long usb extension cable in case it is flaky.

#7120 3 years ago

Wasn't the cord, Rufus worked. Odd one program works and the other doesn't.

#7121 3 years ago

I know this has been addressed before, but I was wondering if someone can give me even more guidance. I have the occasional issue with the gobstopper subway, namely that a ball goes down and is not detected to kickout from the VUK. The game just stops, essentially, until the ball search initiates and then the ball comes out into the shooter lane. I have increased coil strength to 20, and it still occurs.

I saw the posts about shortening the coil sleeve length. How would I know if it is too long, and does anyone have a picture of exactly where I would need to shorten it, and how? I am not a mechanically gifted person, but I would like to try to fix this. Thanks so much for any help.

#7122 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

I know this has been addressed before, but I was wondering if someone can give me even more guidance. I have the occasional issue with the gobstopper subway, namely that a ball goes down and is not detected to kickout from the VUK. The game just stops, essentially, until the ball search initiates and then the ball comes out into the shooter lane. I have increased coil strength to 20, and it still occurs.
I saw the posts about shortening the coil sleeve length. How would I know if it is too long, and does anyone have a picture of exactly where I would need to shorten it, and how? I am not a mechanically gifted person, but I would like to try to fix this. Thanks so much for any help.

The other thing is to bend up the actuator on the microswitch (sw 51) at the end of the plastic subway. You don't even have to take the switch off the playfield, just gently pull the actuator down below the playfield with the playfield flipped up, hold the hinged part closed and gently push up the other end so that it is higher and thus the pinball closes the switch sooner giving the game a better shot at kicking the ball over. That fixed it on mine and for many customers.

#7123 3 years ago

The other thing is to bend up the actuator on the microswitch (sw 51) at the end of the plastic subway. You don't even have to take the switch off the playfield, just gently pull the actuator down below the playfield with the playfield flipped up, hold the hinged part closed and gently push up the other end so that it is higher and thus the pinball closes the switch sooner giving the game a better shot at kicking the ball over. That fixed it on mine and for many customers.

Thanks so much for the help. Do you happen to have a picture of exactly what you think I should bend? I am not sure where the actuator is, so I want to be sure I do it correctly. Sorry for my ignorance here.

#7124 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Do you happen to have a picture of exactly what you think I should bend?

This is a micro switch. Yours may look similar but not identical.

The wire part of the arm hooked onto the switch is the actuator. Gently bend where the black arrows are. Don't bend the flat metal part and screw up where the flat metal part pushes the tiny knob into the switch body. Ignore red and white arrows.

LTG : )

switchadjust (resized).JPGswitchadjust (resized).JPG

#7125 3 years ago

Thank you. I’ll try and will report back.

#7126 3 years ago

What was the "more surprises!" that Jersey Jack advertised for the CE? Or are the surprises so good, only CE owners can share between one another?

#7127 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

What was the "more surprises!" that Jersey Jack advertised for the CE? Or are the surprises so good, only CE owners can share between one another?

The Veruca Salt callouts and undercabinet lighting.

#7128 3 years ago

Hello all, just joined the club yesterday and came home with a WW SE.I had a DI on loan from a friend for over a year and absolutely loved it, just returned it last week and played his WW SE. Prior to this I only played a ball or two at a couple of the expos- remember when we used to attend such things? Actually playing the game was very satisfying.This generated the interest and couple that with watching SDTM review of the game and watching their 10 under-rated games and I was hooked.In less than a week I was able to locate a game within 70 miles. There are quite a few posts to buzz through and get a history of this game. I read through the last 3 pages this morning.Looking forward to learning and playing this game and thanks for all the insightful posts. Cheers.

IMG_6653 3 (resized).JPGIMG_6653 3 (resized).JPG
#7129 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Has anyone had to adjust their camera? My Dialed In camera is great, the pics are nice and sharp. My Wonka camera takes grainy pics. Is this normal? If not, what's the fix? In settings, I found the 1-5 setting, but I didn't think that was the correct adjustment. Thanks for any help.

I believe DI has a few LED lamps in the apron that are synced with the camera to act as a flash, and I can only speak for the SE that this lacking in WWCF.

#7130 3 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I believe DI has a few LED lamps in the apron that are synced with the camera to act as a flash, and I can only speak for the SE that this lacking in WWCF.

Never thought of that!

#7131 3 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

I believe DI has a few LED lamps in the apron that are synced with the camera to act as a flash,

They are to let you know where to set your phone. No where near bright enough to act as a flash.

#7132 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are to let you know where to set your phone. No where near bright enough to act as a flash.

Correct the flash topper on the DI SE was used for that purpose

#7133 3 years ago

Correct the flash topper on the DI SE was used for that purpose

Any idea why that wasn't carried over to WW? Can someone confirm DI and Wonka use the same camera?

#7135 3 years ago

Only the DI SE - not the LE and CE - used the flash topper, the idea being that the SE would be the model most likely to reside in a dark bar.

#7136 3 years ago

Problem with my flipper button on right side. The button has a click to it many times when pressing. Like a little resistance i have to press through to hit the flipper. Almost feels like theres a little piece of plastic rubbing in there. Ive felt that on other pins before as well. Just need a new button?

#7137 3 years ago

Only the DI SE - not the LE and CE - used the flash topper, the idea being that the SE would be the model most likely to reside in a dark bar.

I remember dark bars.

#7138 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Problem with my flipper button on right side. The button has a click to it many times when pressing. Like a little resistance i have to press through to hit the flipper. Almost feels like theres a little piece of plastic rubbing in there. Ive felt that on other pins before as well. Just need a new button?

Separate the button from the housing and file it

#7139 3 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Hello all, just joined the club yesterday and came home with a WW SE.I had a DI on loan from a friend for over a year and absolutely loved it, just returned it last week and played his WW SE. Prior to this I only played a ball or two at a couple of the expos- remember when we used to attend such things? Actually playing the game was very satisfying.This generated the interest and couple that with watching SDTM review of the game and watching their 10 under-rated games and I was hooked.In less than a week I was able to locate a game within 70 miles. There are quite a few posts to buzz through and get a history of this game. I read through the last 3 pages this morning.Looking forward to learning and playing this game and thanks for all the insightful posts. Cheers.
[quoted image]

Which do you like better? Dialed in or Wonka?

#7140 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Here’s a recent Dialed In vs Wonka vs Iron Maiden thread. Take a read through it and you should get the feedback you are looking for:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-vs-maiden-vs-dialed-in-

#7141 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Quoted from Krupps4:

Here’s a recent Dialed In vs Wonka vs Iron Maiden thread. Take a read through it and you should get the feedback you are looking for:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-vs-maiden-vs-dialed-in-

I own/owned all 3. Here's a story of how everyone differs and everyone's idea of what's better is not concrete. It depends on what you are looking for in the hobby.
Are you competition type, knock the ball around type, or something in between. Do you prefer light shows and music or maybe something more subdued and humorous or a combo of all of it. Do you want cool things to look at on the playfied or straight up get to business learning code and rule sets. Are you going to play it mostly or will it be a family shared hobby sort of thing, etc... lots of factors will come in to play before you buy and may change after you actually get the game. I thought I was the competition minded deep ruleset type because I competed for a short while long ago and even A division at Papa in like 2011 or 12 can't remember. Got my butt kicked of course and quickly. Doesn't matter it was a bucket list thing while I was trying to get my life back on track.
So, when Iron Maiden came out, that was it. Here's my first machine in many years after selling off my collection about 9 years ago. It's Keith Elwin, deep ruleset, it's a band I listen to, etc... No brainer. Wrong. Yes, it's awesome, Keith is awesome and it's somewhat fun but it's mode/competition oriented and personally didn't keep my interest long for whatever reason.
I sold the Iron Maiden Premium first.
My Dialed In arrived because I didn't care about the theme as much as the design team and it was JJP(I missed out on the WOZ back in the day so here was my chance to own one) It shoots well, it's mode oriented but also had the bells, whistles, friendliness whatever it was to keep my interest over Iron Maiden's theme. It was just more attractive to me from a playing standpoint. The big display, light show, callouts, whatever it was. One of the main things was it didn't really feel like I had to be in competition mode to have a good time playing it. I'm not a novice player. I have decent skill for reference. My skill set or anyones for that matter doesn't always relate to how you connect to a title. Quick example, I have zero interest in all of the top pins that seem to be listed all the time. Addams Family, Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars etc... I don't like any of them. We are all different and that's the great thing about this hobby.
Fast forward and I went and picked up my WWCE just before they moved. My Dialed In and Iron Maiden remained off. I decided to sell the Iron Maiden because I wanted to get a WOZ(I've always wanted this title and don't have a lot of room)
Found my WOZ and it sits next to my WWCE. They will never leave my small collection. They have everything I'm looking for in a modern pin and I could care less if I score 10 million points or 10 thousand. It doesn't matter.
My Dialed In is now for sale. I played it the other day, it remains fun as heck and it's awesome no argument there. But it's last of my 4 pins as far as keep or go. If I had the room I'd most likely keep it for no other reason than I don't like selling things. But one has to go and it isn't any of my other 3 (I picked up an F-14 Tomcat which is another title that will never leave my collection) and I find myself liking older titles for the sounds they make and some of the old school simplicity they bring. Fathom is a title I would like followed by Gottlieb's Circus for instance. Although Fathom seems to be popular but Circus is never talked about.
So...do some research, watch some long youtube game play videos with your family and try to make the best decision for you. Nobody can make the choice for you except you and the members of your family. Don't let anyone here or otherwise tell you what title is better than the next because it's not guaranteed to be correct for your personal situation.

r/
Mike

#7142 3 years ago

Dile and wonkale are my favorite 2 pins ever. I hope I never have to chose lol. Both are top notch and I have so much fun everytime I play them.....even after years of ownership and thousands of games on each. Also having both in the same collection is not a issue as they play very differently and code/rules are set up very different also.

#7143 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I really enjoy both. Dialed in seems easier to me. I am familiar with it and will generally use the Big Bang to complete a mode. WW is fresh and everything is a surprise right now. I have not downloaded the manual yet. Maybe there are hints in it as far as the rules.I have only collected 2 tickets thus far. I have been to the office twice and this was a very clever set of shots.DI had much more randomness with the magnets. Maybe the ones in WW are set low, but I have not drained many balls because of them. Both Great games.

#7144 3 years ago

Separate the button from the housing and file it

file the housing or button?

#7145 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

file the housing or button?

The part with flashing sticking up and binding it. Most likely the button.

#7146 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The part with flashing sticking up and binding it. Most likely the button.

thanks. just bought a file on amazon as i dont have one.

#7147 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just bought a file on amazon as i dont have one.

Nail file, sand paper, knife. Not rocket science.

#7148 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just bought a file on amazon as i dont have one.

You could even press it in and out, and turn once in awhile forty or fifty times. Take it off the cabinet. Wash it out real good, dry thoroughly. See if that fixes it.

#7150 3 years ago

Well, it happened to me. A little chip - about 25% of a fingernail - on my Playfield. Oddly, next to a post that wasn’t pooling. The non star post - under the small plastic- by the Factory target. Sigh.

Not in the players view, thank goodness, but I’d like to repair.

What’s the drill? I think the chip will fit back in the spot it chipped from. Advice on what to do? Does JJP provide any chip kits?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/143?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.