IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 280.
#7001 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Either of you have any photos of it done?

Here is mine.

2172CA60-274C-430A-9625-B4E44C529A06 (resized).jpeg2172CA60-274C-430A-9625-B4E44C529A06 (resized).jpeg74529E14-AFA0-4B62-B1E3-EE824F3E2E88 (resized).jpeg74529E14-AFA0-4B62-B1E3-EE824F3E2E88 (resized).jpeg
#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Here is mine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m an OSU grad, so from one Buckeye to another are you sure that’s not Scarlet?!

#7003 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m an OSU grad, so from one Buckeye to another are you sure that’s not Scarlet?!

It might be. Go Bucks!

#7004 3 years ago

Hey folks, anyone have to replace this sculpt and have some tips on how to at least remove the camera itself to get it out of the way so I can still play the game before getting a replacement? Best way to get a replacement? I'll be superglue-ing it in the meantime but assume that won't hold too long.

Thanks!

20201228_164319 (resized).jpg20201228_164319 (resized).jpg

#7005 3 years ago

That looks fantastic! Thanks! Definitely having mine done.

Quoted from robey99:

Here is mine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#7006 3 years ago

Joined the wonka CE fam today and like alot of you, didn't think about using sideart protectors before lifting the playfield and got a knick on each side Does JJp sell replacements that yall know of?

#7007 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Hey folks, anyone have to replace this sculpt and have some tips on how to at least remove the camera itself to get it out of the way so I can still play the game before getting a replacement? Best way to get a replacement? I'll be superglue-ing it in the meantime but assume that won't hold too long.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I’m in the same boat as you but my temporary fix was hot glue.

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m in the same boat as you but my temporary fix was hot glue.

Yeah, big bummer. Poor dude took one too many hits I guess lol

#7009 3 years ago

My son bought me the Wonka smokestack top as a gift and it’s a must have mod. Game should have come with it!

So simple, and such a nice touch.

#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

My son bought me the Wonka smokestack top as a gift and it’s a must have mod. Game should have come with it!

Which manufacture did you get?? Think there is at least two. Was thinking about the modcouples version. I’m thinking about modding mine. So far only added mirror blades but since this game is a keeper, wife plays it daily, might as well add a few mods here and there.

#7011 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My Wonka SE had the issue. I had great luck using yelobird’s “playfield iron” to flatten, vireland’s round mylar rings to seal, and Titan’s playfield washers to cover.

zaphX would you recommend putting the mylar and washers on a new machine as a preventative measure, even if no pooling is evident? If so, would you please share the links to buying those? I have a NIB Wonka coming in about a week, and I'm still trying to piece together from the thread the best way to protect it. All other thoughts and comments are welcome. Thanks!

#7012 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Which manufacture did you get?? Think there is at least two. Was thinking about the modcouples version. I’m thinking about modding mine. So far only added mirror blades but since this game is a keeper, wife plays it daily, might as well add a few mods here and there.

Pretty sure it’s mod couple. It’s the one I pointed him to on Pinside. It’s the only one I know of.

#7013 3 years ago
Quoted from erikgilby:

zaphx would you recommend putting the mylar and washers on a new machine as a preventative measure, even if no pooling is evident? If so, would you please share the links to buying those? I have a NIB Wonka coming in about a week, and I'm still trying to piece together from the thread the best way to protect it. All other thoughts and comments are welcome. Thanks!

Has everyone that’s done this confirmed the pooling hasn’t returned? Some did on mine. I wouldn’t touch a post unless something chips.

#7014 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

I replaced it. In order to take it off the playfield, you will need to pull the wire out of the connector from underneath. I couldn't figure out a way to thread the wire through the replacement because the light is too big to go through the opening in the middle of the tube. So I had to cut and then solder the wires back together and use a little heat shrink tubing. Was a bit of a pain in the ass. There has got to be an easier way, but I couldn't figure it out. Replacements should come with wiring and light already installed in my opinion. Mine only had the sculpt.

#7015 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I replaced it. In order to take it off the playfield, you will need to pull the wire out of the connector from underneath. I couldn't figure out a way to thread the wire through the replacement because the light is too big to go through the opening in the middle of the tube. So I had to cut and then solder the wires back together and use a little heat shrink tubing. Was a bit of a pain in the ass. There has got to be an easier way, but I couldn't figure it out. Replacements should come with wiring and light already installed in my opinion. Mine only had the sculpt.

Wow, well that's definitely what I was hoping to avoid, what a PITA lol. Appreciate you letting me know. I'll end up submitting a ticket after the weekend to see if there's a better option though...I can only imagine how common this is.

#7016 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Wow, well that's definitely what I was hoping to avoid, what a PITA lol. Appreciate you letting me know. I'll end up submitting a ticket after the weekend to see if there's a better option though...I can only imagine how common this is.

If it terminates in a molex that is too big to poke through the playfield, a molex pin removal tool will do the trick and you won't have to resolder.

#7017 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Joined the wonka CE fam today and like alot of you, didn't think about using sideart protectors before lifting the playfield and got a knick on each side Does JJp sell replacements that yall know of?

I did the same thing, but only on one side. I’ve never had this problem before. I’m ordering protectors...

#7018 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I did the same thing, but only on one side. I’ve never had this problem before. I’m ordering protectors...

Doesn't the CE come with side protectors? Mine did.

#7019 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Doesn't the CE come with side protectors? Mine did.

We're talking about these:

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#7020 3 years ago

Here is what came with my NIB CE. They were placed inside the cabinet, I was surprised to find them in there. Perhaps it's something JJP just started?

20210102_004957 (resized).jpg20210102_004957 (resized).jpg
#7021 3 years ago

Here is what came with my NIB CE.
[quoted image]

I received them as well.

#7022 3 years ago

Dang that’s awesome! I literally just had one shipped to me from JJP a week and a half ago that didn’t have them. I already had a pair though. A must have for all games!

#7023 3 years ago

Has anyone had to adjust their camera? My Dialed In camera is great, the pics are nice and sharp. My Wonka camera takes grainy pics. Is this normal? If not, what's the fix? In settings, I found the 1-5 setting, but I didn't think that was the correct adjustment. Thanks for any help.

#7024 3 years ago

Has anyone had to adjust their camera? My Dialed In camera is great, the pics are nice and sharp. My Wonka camera takes grainy pics. Is this normal? If not, what's the fix? In settings, I found the 1-5 setting, but I didn't think that was the correct adjustment. Thanks for any help.

“Following” this topic as I also feel the camera image quality on my Wonka is grainy and lacks focus.

No setting to improve focus or sharpen image that I’ve found. Only face tracking settings in the menu.

Tried cleaning lens but no improvement.

I fear that “it is what it is”

#7025 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

“Following” this topic as I also feel the camera image quality on my Wonka is grainy and lacks focus.
No setting to improve focus or sharpen image that I’ve found. Only face tracking settings in the menu.
Tried cleaning lens but no improvement.
I fear that “it is what it is”

How lit is the room you are playing in? If the room is dark, or even dim, then the camera cannot focus and also the pictures it does try to take (by compensating and adjusting its internal ISO) will be grainy and most likely take on an orangish or incandescent hue.
Light is king when it comes to pictures of any sort. Natural or otherwise it has to be there for these small type camera sensors to be optimum.
Types of light, white balance and kelvin scale nonsense that's a whole other conversation.
r/
Mike

#7026 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

How lit is the room you are playing in? If the room is dark, or even dim, then the camera cannot focus and also the pictures it does try to take (by compensating and adjusting its internal ISO) will be grainy and most likely take on an orangish or incandescent hue.
Light is king when it comes to pictures of any sort. Natural or otherwise it has to be there for these small type camera sensors to be optimum.
Types of light, white balance and kelvin scale nonsense that's a whole other conversation.
r/
Mike

Good points. My DILE is in the same room and it's night and day (pardon the weak lighting joke) (which also could be a joke as well depending how you read it. It could be weak lighting or a weak joke or both . Probably both. lol)

But seriously, I asked the question because both games are in the same room with same lighting conditions and my DILE is much sharper.

#7027 3 years ago

Good points. My DILE is in the same room and it's night and day (pardon the weak lighting joke) (which also could be a joke as well depending how you read it. It could be weak lighting or a weak joke or both . Probably both. lol)
But seriously, I asked the question because both games are in the same room with same lighting conditions and my DILE is much sharper.

I also have a dialed in. separate rooms but isn't the dialed in playfield naturally lighter/lighted from the factory. My Wonka is much darker naturally than my dialed in.
That playfield light is huge as well cause it's literally lighting you up.
I may be reaching but put some more light directly in your face or in the room and see if it reacts differently at all.

#7028 3 years ago

I find my camera also leaves something to be desired. Curious if they’re using an inferior model than before?

#7029 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I find my camera also leaves something to be desired. Curious if they’re using an inferior model than before?

I feel you should be ending all your posts with "know what I'm sayin" and then giggle Scottie P style.
I read every one of your posts in his voice.

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I feel you should be ending all your posts with "know what I'm sayin" and then giggle Scottie P style.
I read everyone of your posts in his voice.

that character was hysterical. That movie was a very pleasant surprise. I really enjoyed it. Funny as hell!

Nom Sayin”?

#7031 3 years ago

Hey all...just picked up a standard and we’re loving it so far! Question about the monitor and if anyone has any recommendations on the “best” settings for it? I know it could be totally subjective but my Wonka LCD looks kind of washed out and not as vibrant as my DILe in comparison. Anyone else notice anything like it?

#7032 3 years ago

I found this. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-hobbit-hd-screen-vs-jjp-hd-wonka-screen
I haven't noticed any issues or lack of color with my lcd to be honest. That doesn't help you but mine must be adjusted differently than yours. Hopefully you can adjust it to your liking.

Page b-4 in manual states it is under the tests tableau. Full Menu >Tests>Displays.
b-16 in manual explains it in a little more detail. Looks to be some adjustments available.
Hope you get it sorted.
r/
Mike

#7033 3 years ago

Here is what came with my NIB CE. They were placed inside the cabinet, I was surprised to find them in there. Perhaps it's something JJP just started?
[quoted image]

Seriously? Crap.. if I discover I have them in my cab I’m going to be even more annoyed.

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Seriously? Crap.. if I discover I have them in my cab I’m going to be even more annoyed.

I am dying to know if you found them inside the cab?!?

#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I found this. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-hobbit-hd-screen-vs-jjp-hd-wonka-screen
I haven't noticed any issues or lack of color with my lcd to be honest. That doesn't help you but mine must be adjusted differently than yours. Hopefully you can adjust it to your liking.
Page b-4 in manual states it is under the tests tableau. Full Menu >Tests>Displays.
b-16 in manual explains it in a little more detail. Looks to be some adjustments available.
Hope you get it sorted.
r/
Mike

I feel like both my screens aren’t at optimal contrast. Is there a way to tweak the Wonkavidion?

I’m 6’ and my viewing angle of the large LCD while standing and playing isn’t at the optimum level. The LCD looks better if I lower myself so as my eyes are directly in front of it. But I’d need to sit for that, and then I can’t see the upper skill shot or flipper.

#7036 3 years ago

NEW SDTM!

Willy Wonka Pinball Machine Review (Jersey Jack Pinball, 2019)

Warning: Strong Adult Language

#7037 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM!

great video .... have wonka le. great game!!!!

#7038 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM!

My feelings exactly boys!
Glad I snapped mine up from Zach before they stopped production on it.

I have yet to post my pinside ratings/review of wonka because I truly feel it is my favorite pinball of all time.

Need to give it several months before I make that bold statement.

Honeymoon and all...

#7039 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

My feelings exactly boys!
Glad I snapped mine up from Zach before they stopped production on it.
I have yet to post my pinside ratings/review of wonka because I truly feel it is my favorite pinball of all time.
Need to give it several months before I make that bold statement.
Honeymoon and all...

I'm with you; I was not a fan of the theme in the least, but took a shot on a Wonka SE, I've had it for 6 months, and absolutely love it.

I did recently change difficulty to easy, and I like it even better now; so much to unravel in this game...It's a flow monster, my first Lawlor pin, and an absolute gem.

#7040 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM!

About the join the club with a CE, can’t wait to get it!! Played one and loved it, and now I’ve watched both versions of the movie. As an adult, they seem way darker than I remember!!

#7041 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

About the join the club with a CE, can’t wait to get it!! Played one and loved it, and now I’ve watched both versions of the movie. As an adult, they seem way darker than I remember!!

#7042 3 years ago

I heard a rumor there was an update coming soon?

#7043 3 years ago

Considering adjusting difficulty setting down one level easier. I've owned since July and have close to 700 games only one game did I get a second gold ticket.

Maybe that's normal for a average player. I'm at medium.

#7044 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Considering adjusting difficulty setting down one level easier. I've owned since July and have close to 700 games only one game did I get a second gold ticket.

It's a tough game. We've been playing for 1.5 years and my wife got 3 tickets once, I've only gotten 2. ~8000 plays.

Still loving and still care enough to try.

Default settings, EBs for Replay and Special.

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I went down to easy the other day. The game opens up a lot. Do it, enjoy the pin.

I got to the office mode for the first time, it’s a great pin

#7046 3 years ago

Wonka is a severely under-rated game.

It has the most plays of any game in our stable.

#7047 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Totally, I was not a big fan of the theme and am absolutely blown away by this pin. The flow is just incredible, it is a top 3 pin for me all time.

Question for you guys, I have a smaller collection, I love Wonka so much that I am thinking of adding a Dialed In.

Are they too similar layout wise? Do you think there is enough difference with Wonka to be a good addition to a 3-4 pin setup?

#7048 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It really is so underrated. I guess the theme is a bit divisive. But I'm genuinely puzzled by the lack of hype. Good thing is that you can still get any model basically without too much trouble or paying JJP POTC prices over the last 6 months or so.

#7049 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

It really is so underrated. I guess the theme is a bit divisive. But I'm genuinely puzzled by the lack of hype. Good thing is that you can still get any model basically without too much trouble or paying JJP POTC prices over the last 6 months or so.

Pinside did it's hate-brigade thing and dissed the game for "sounding like a slot machine" (it doesn't) and "not being a mode-based game" (it is.)

It's a great game.

Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I love Wonka so much that I am thinking of adding a Dialed In.
Are they too similar layout wise? Do you think there is enough difference with Wonka to be a good addition to a 3-4 pin setup?

I am also considering a DI for the same reason.

#7050 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside did it's hate-brigade thing and dissed the game for "sounding like a slot machine" (it doesn't) and "not being a mode-based game" (it is.)
It's a great game.

I am also considering a DI for the same reason.

DI looks to be a heavy mode game, and enough of the playfield is different. I just worry because it’s a 4 flipper game, it’s been a long time since I played one. It was smooth as silk though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/141?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.