IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 279.
#6951 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Thanks for this! It seems like a common enough problem. I saw a $125 dollar mod for the area, but am unsure what/if any other options exist.

If you get a SE the shaker motor and the backboard light are the 2 mods you need first!

#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’ve been considering a used WW vs a stern Star Wars or tmnt. How much does the le add vs se when considering used prices? I really like the look of the le better, but aside from the the lock, is it worth going LE?

Its a personal pref, but I've always justified buying LE's over JJP's standard models mainly because I really liked Invisiglass, shakers, exterior volume control/head phone jack on all my games. If I remember correctly Wonka pricing was different than previous models i.e. the gap between the SE and LE was greater? You just need to decide if u want Invisiglass, volume control, shaker, RGB lighting, blue powder coating and the physical Wonkavator ball lock. I think other than the physical ball lock the game play is the same.

#6953 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Open a service ticket on our website and we can send you one.

There a plastic over the captive ball? Mine doesn’t have one.

#6954 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

There a plastic over the captive ball? Mine doesn’t have one.

Yep....I would contact JJP and have them send u one

#6955 3 years ago

Almost every time I going to gobstopper ball gets stuck it is driving me mad please advise.

Thanks all

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Almost every time I going to gobstopper ball gets stuck it is driving me mad please advise.

Did you increase the strength of the gobstopper lock release to 22 ?

LTG : )

#6957 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’ve been considering a used WW vs a stern Star Wars or tmnt. How much does the le add vs se when considering used prices? I really like the look of the le better, but aside from the the lock, is it worth going LE?

Remember wonka is a tough pin and the pop bumpers are very dangerous. On the le the ball goes into them much less and you also get alot more chances for the skill shot / award scoop on the le when the Wonkavator catches a ball. That's just one thing the le has over the standard...the array of extra game controlled rgb flashers and lights are a great addition along with the extra spot light in that area. Add in the gorgeous art and powder coated armor and wireforms package with the invisaglass and shaker and it's one of the most beautiful pins I've owned. The headphone and external volume control is a nice touch too. The standard is a great value but if u think wonka may be a keeper (most have that bought one) I'd go for the full amazing package bc jts a really great one.

#6958 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Remember wonka is a tough pin and the pop bumpers are very dangerous. On the le the ball goes into them much less and you also get alot more chances for the skill shot / award scoop on the le when the Wonkavator catches a ball. That's just one thing the le has over the standard...the array of extra game controlled rgb flashers and lights are a great addition along with the extra spot light in that area. Add in the gorgeous art and powder coated armor and wireforms package with the invisaglass and shaker and it's one of the most beautiful pins I've owned. The headphone and external volume control is a nice touch too. The standard is a great value but if u think wonka may be a keeper (most have that bought one) I'd go for the full amazing package bc jts a really great one.

Absolutely right!I had a chance to get my new Wonka SE with a trade and a little cash so I did it ,I love it but I would really love a LE or a SE

#6959 3 years ago

Any recommendations for adding light to the playfield?

I have a few spotlights from Comet I'd like to add. Assuming I can just tie into the coin door? Any suggestion regarding placement or wiring?

#6960 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No?

#6961 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have a Wonka SE and it's amazing, I haven't played an LE, so can't comment on if the flow of the game is different without the physical ball lock; but I love the SE.

I added a shaker motor and it's amazing, I do kind of lust for the CE, because that Red looks so good; but can't justify the 5k difference in price.

#6962 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Thanks all

Bend up the end of the actuator on the microswitch at position 51. Also bump the side kicker coil power as Lloyd suggests.

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I have a Wonka SE and it's amazing

I can’t agree more. If you are budget conscious at all, the SE is the way to go with Wonka. You a really aren’t losing out on much other than aesthetics. I have an SE and love it. I play it more than my EHoH Premium.

#6964 3 years ago

So anyone notice some of the high score pictures are cut in half vertically as the scroll by?

Is this a glitch or is it supposed to represent pictures you might find in Wonka’s office?

The Wonka’s office explanation seems a bit of a stretch, but I guess feasible.

Bonus points for anyone that can offer a flipper code that takes you right to the high score pictures while in attract mode. Only way I know is immediately after the match sequence you can hit the left flipper three times to get there. Gotta be a way to get there without playing thru a game I’d think.

#6965 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So anyone notice some of the high score pictures are cut in half vertically as the scroll by?

I saw that happen on a pic in mine and I immediately hit the left flipper to back it up to try that again and had a camera ready to take a pic of it to report it. But the pics were fine on the second attempt. Guessing it is a glitch of some sort.

#6966 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Good information. I didn’t realize they had lighting differences. I really do like the blue, and my jjp games are the ones that won’t ever leave. Definitely will have to consider this one. Thanks guys

#6967 3 years ago

Any guidance for adding spotlights? I see some open areas on the led boards but not sure how to add them in.

My Wonka is too dark to enjoy without having an overhead light on above it.

20201221_145253 (resized).jpg20201221_145253 (resized).jpg20201221_145301 (resized).jpg20201221_145301 (resized).jpg
#6968 3 years ago

Any recommendations for adding light to the playfield?
I have a few spotlights from Comet I'd like to add. Assuming I can just tie into the coin door? Any suggestion regarding placement or wiring?

Lermods Check the marketplace. He’ll fix you up.

#6969 3 years ago

For those of you who have installed the Mezelmods Chocolate Factory with Pipe.. It looks like it is not possible to install this with the side plastic part from the factory (JJP) installed also.

Can someone confirm this?

#6970 3 years ago

Interested in picking up a Wonka standard if priced reasonably.

No real rush so just putting it here in case anyone decides to sell in the near future.

#6971 3 years ago

Any guidance for adding spotlights? I see some open areas on the led boards but not sure how to add them in.
My Wonka is too dark to enjoy without having an overhead light on above it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can’t use the open spotlight ports in those pics. They might work in attract mode, but they don’t work in game mode. You have to tap off an existing spotlight connection, there are three I believe. We do offer a set of wonka bar spotlights, but they are more meant for accent lighting and not to flood the playfield. The spots in the game are 5v.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-spotlight-covers

#6972 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did as you said works great now!

Thanks a ton I really appreciate it.

Pin on...

#6973 3 years ago

Hey guys,

So I installed the Wonka topper today. I am getting a flickering ever few seconds or so randomly.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to fix? Very annoying. I reseated the connection, no luck..

#6974 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Is this a glitch or is it supposed to represent pictures you might find in Wonka’s office?
The Wonka’s office explanation seems a bit of a stretch, but I guess feasible.
Bonus points for anyone that can offer a flipper code that takes you right to the high score pictures while in attract mode. Only way I know is immediately after the match sequence you can hit the left flipper three times to get there. Gotta be a way to get there without playing thru a game I’d think.

It's a reference to Wonka's Office and it pops up randomly when scrolling. It's definitely a little too on the nose to be a glitch. I think it's a really nice touch.

I kind of wish they'd go a step further and add a slight filter to make the pictures look like oil paintings. Might have less chins if they did that...

#6975 3 years ago

Should the kickback always fire the ball all the way up and around past the upper flipper?

#6976 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys,
So I installed the Wonka topper today. I am getting a flickering ever few seconds or so randomly.
Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas how to fix? Very annoying. I reseated the connection, no luck..

Common in my opinion. It initially had my attention but I quickly forgot about it because it's not actually a problem or malfunction per se. Both my WOZ and Willy Wonka flicker continuously. It could be combination of the input power supplied working with the LED driver/pwr sup that is used to stabilize it and also the power the game draws every time a switch is activated during game play.
I'm sure there is an aftermarket solution that I'm not smart enough to comment on.
I bought a power conditioner/auto voltage regulator, like this one here: 61x67TYAFzL._AC_SL1200_ (Small) (resized).jpg61x67TYAFzL._AC_SL1200_ (Small) (resized).jpgfor the purpose of keeping the power coming from my outlet consistent. I did this for a couple reasons. Older house wiring and wanted to protect the sensitive electronics in my Wizard of Oz specifically.
The side effect was my toppers on both my Wonka and WOZ do not flicker while the game is static. As soon as you start playing though the toppers will flicker with random power usage during game play.
I know this doesn't solve your problem but just wanted to offer a little something so you know you're not alone.
Hopefully someone smarter can assist you in a plug and play fix.
r/
Mike

#6977 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Interested in picking up a Wonka standard if priced reasonably.
No real rush so just putting it here in case anyone decides to sell in the near future.

yeah you are! Best game ever!

#6978 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Should the kickback always fire the ball all the way up and around past the upper flipper?

Depends on the speed it goes down the outlane at but more often than not mine goes where yours does

#6979 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Common in my opinion. It initially had my attention but I quickly forgot about it because it's not actually a problem or malfunction per se. Both my WOZ and Willy Wonka flicker continuously. It could be combination of the input power supplied working with the LED driver/pwr sup that is used to stabilize it and also the power the game draws every time a switch is activated during game play.
I'm sure there is an aftermarket solution that I'm not smart enough to comment on.
I bought a power conditioner/auto voltage regulator, like this one here: [quoted image]for the purpose of keeping the power coming from my outlet consistent. I did this for a couple reasons. Older house wiring and wanted to protect the sensitive electronics in my Wizard of Oz specifically.
The side effect was my toppers on both my Wonka and WOZ do not flicker while the game is static. As soon as you start playing though the toppers will flicker with random power usage during game play.
I know this doesn't solve your problem but just wanted to offer a little something so you know you're not alone.
Hopefully someone smarter can assist you in a plug and play fix.
r/
Mike

Thanks for that. I reached out to JJP and they felt it is a problem with the circuit boards in the topper, so they are sending a replacement. I also have my pins connected to a voltage regulator as well as a high end power conditioner, so I am ruling out power issues...

#6980 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks for that. I reached out to JJP and they felt it is a problem with the circuit boards in the topper, so they are sending a replacement. I also have my pins connected to a voltage regulator as well as a high end power conditioner, so I am ruling out power issues...

That's awesome JJP customer service as usual. I'm interested to know the result.
I really hope it resolves the issue for you.
r/
Mike

#6981 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For those of you who have installed the Mezelmods Chocolate Factory with Pipe.. It looks like it is not possible to install this with the side plastic part from the factory (JJP) installed also.
Can someone confirm this?

I have both the pipe and factory,I have to say that my install took some sanding and notching of the plastics,no biggie but it had to be done,I hope others can say if there experience was similar!

#6982 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

That's awesome JJP customer service as usual. I'm interested to know the result.
I really hope it resolves the issue for you.
r/
Mike

Yes, they were very quick to reply and offer a replacement. And unlike most places, they are shipping me the piece, and then asked once I receive it to send back my defective one. Thats awesome of them!

#6983 3 years ago

Where are the magnet settings in the menu? Game is said to have 7 magnets but ive only noticed the one by kid multiball. Ive seen videos of what looks to be magnet ball movement on playfield but my SE doesnt do that. Anywhere to look in settings?

#6984 3 years ago

Happy to be back in the Wonka club! Should have never sold it!

A9E2B64A-1A74-4D37-9F38-F42A3909D99A.jpegA9E2B64A-1A74-4D37-9F38-F42A3909D99A.jpeg
#6985 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Happy to be back in the Wonka club! Should have never sold it![quoted image]

Whoa you re-bought a Wonka CE?

#6986 3 years ago

Ended up getting a straight trade for a NIB CE for my BM66LE. Worked out awesome!

#6987 3 years ago

i like the epoxy floor. Have always wanted to do that to my garage

#6988 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i like the epoxy floor. Have always wanted to do that to my garage

Best purchase I've ever made! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

#6989 3 years ago

Anyone make a mod that covers this silver part?

20201226_162552 (resized).jpg20201226_162552 (resized).jpg
#6990 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone make a mod that covers this silver part?[quoted image]

I used double sided tape and this green carpet moss they sell at craft stores. Makes it seem like it’s shooting out of the side of a hillside

FFBEB8F2-E59E-4477-AF06-1E8AE4DD8975 (resized).jpegFFBEB8F2-E59E-4477-AF06-1E8AE4DD8975 (resized).jpeg
#6991 3 years ago

Anyone know what color powder the CE is?

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Red

#6993 3 years ago

Lol thanks so much! I think I figured that much out on my own

#6994 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

whoever owns back alley creations does a CE coin door service that supposedly matches. Maybe reach out to them if you don't get the answer here.

#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

whoever owns back alley creations does a CE coin door service that supposedly matches. Maybe reach out to them if you don't get the answer here.

Sorry. Matt at Back Alley did my coin door. He does great work and matched perfectly.

#6996 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Sorry. Matt at Back Alley did my coin door. He does great work and matched perfectly.

Just had mine done on my CE. Had some delays with USPS getting it to Matt, but he turned it around quick and sent it back before Christmas. He is great to deal with. I Highly recommend.

#6997 3 years ago

Either of you have any photos of it done?

#6998 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I -think- it is Rancher Red from Prismatic Powders.

The manual refers to it as "Jolly Rancher Red."

#6999 3 years ago

Thanks! I thought I saw jolly rancher red somewhere but couldn’t find it again!

Quoted from zaphX:

I -think- it is Rancher Red from Prismatic Powders.
The manual refers to it as "Jolly Rancher Red."

#7000 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Thanks! I thought I saw jolly rancher red somewhere but couldn’t find it again!

Are you having the coin door done?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/140?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.