IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 280.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Great stream last night. G4saoline here. Surprised this hasn't posted but Jack G. called in and stated LEs are on the line! CEs are next! Very excited!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/447007821

Nice to see more video

Have to say pinstadiums on this game look shockingly awful!!!

Nightmare at Christmas or something

#602 4 years ago

We will have more Wonka SE's coming in next week ready to ship or deliver. We also have a few LE and CE left.

Thanks
GAP

www.greatamericanpinball.com

#603 4 years ago

My Wonka lands today!

I'll be streaming the Escalera-ing and unboxing, then will go offline to play a while, then will set up a stream on the game itself.

Follow twitch.tv/nspinball for updates.

#604 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My Wonka lands today!

I think Jack may have referenced you last night when he said he was seeing CE purchasers also buying SEs so they didn't have to wait! I liked that he said they are analyzing alternative delivery prioritization options on models in the future!

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

I think Jack may have referenced you last night when he said he was seeing CE purchasers also buying SEs so they didn't have to wait! I liked that he said they are analyzing alternative delivery prioritization options on models in the future!

Well, my SE may replace_ the CE depending on how much I like it!

Kaneda had this right on his podcast - CE buyers should be the ones getting the first machines IMO.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

CE buyers should be the ones getting the first machines IMO.

Disagree. Would rather all the production issues get worked out on the other models before CEs are on the line. Quality over impatience.

(I realize that conflicts with the “I want it NOW” aspect of Wonka)

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Disagree. Would rather all the production issues get worked out on the other models before CEs are on the line. Quality over impatience.

I don't mind being a guinea pig as long as the support is there to stand behind the fixes...and JJP delivers on that for sure.

#608 4 years ago

Picking up a se today probably. I have a polk subwoofer extra that i want to hook up to it. Is it as easy as sterns, just alligator clips on the cabinet speeker, run the wire to the sub, or more in depth?

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Picking up a se today probably. I have a polk subwoofer extra that i want to hook up to it. Is it as easy as sterns, just alligator clips on the cabinet speaker, run the wire to the sub, or more in depth?

Should be the same.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice to see more video

The overhead view does't look the same as the players perspective. Looks really nice in person. Wonka is a surprisingly dark game and a little extra light goes a long way. Keep in mind Pinstadiums can be dialed down as well. They are cranked up for streaming purposes.

#611 4 years ago

Nice to see more video

Yea not a fan of pinstadiums on most pins to be honest. This one looks like it belongs in that LED puke club thread.

Quoted from zaphX:

My Wonka lands today!
I'll be streaming the Escalera-ing and unboxing, then will go offline to play a while, then will set up a stream on the game itself.
Follow twitch.tv/nspinball for updates.Congrats friend!

Picking up a se today probably. I have a polk subwoofer extra that i want to hook up to it. Is it as easy as sterns, just alligator clips on the cabinet speeker, run the wire to the sub, or more in depth?

Alligator clips to the cabinet sub should work fine.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Should be the same.

Thanks!

#613 4 years ago

Congratulations to all of you who received your games now. I understand that printed game manuals will no longer be provided with any models including the CE. Did a CD manual come with your SE? If yes, it is as comprehensive as the other JJP manuals have been. I am kind of spoiled by JJP and Butch's excellent efforts and I am hoping that this one will continue their high standards.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Congratulations to all of you who received your games now. I understand that printed game manuals will no longer be provided with any models including the CE. Did a CD manual come with your SE? If yes, it is as comprehensive as the other JJP manuals have been. I am kind of spoiled by JJP and Butch's excellent efforts and I am hoping that this one will continue their high standards.

no manuals of any kind as of yet. it is being worked on

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My Wonka lands today!
Follow twitch.tv/nspinball for updates.

Any news on your delivery? Looking forward to your stream!

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Any news on your delivery? Looking forward to your stream!

I'm pacing back and forth and looking out the front window a lot!

#617 4 years ago

Let the games begin! Thanks flipout pinball for great service. Mine was born on 6-27-19 paid 28th in my truck 7-2 at noon.
15620904747568842424492989367068 (resized).jpg15620904747568842424492989367068 (resized).jpg

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Let the games begin! Thanks flipout pinball for great service.[quoted image]

Nothing like that feeling of having a NIB in the bed of your vehicle.
I really enjoyed it because I got to pick it up right at the factory and Jack met me at the door.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm pacing back and forth and looking out the front window a lot!

Yeah, that's a good/bad kind of excitement for sure! I freak out watching the liftgate go down....

#620 4 years ago

Nice to see more video

yep, I posted this in another thread. Looked horrible.

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

no manuals of any kind as of yet. it is being worked on

I never did get my DILE printed manuals. Still my favorite pin of all time.

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, my SE may replace_ the CE depending on how much I like it!
Kaneda had this right on his podcast - CE buyers should be the ones getting the first machines IMO.

I would think that would be fair, especially for the amount of money you guys are forking out.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

U had to contact your distro to get it

#624 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U had to contact your distro to get it

I did, I think twice. never got it.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Contact JJP support directly... Worked for me and I'm the second owner. They will look it up by serial number to see if one was issued.
Fantastic manual BTW!

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks for the info; fingers crossed.

#627 4 years ago

A quick update:

The stream was a disaster. I was using new hardware and didn’t have any sound, which I didn’t realize. There was a slip on the Escalera near the top stair, at which point my cameraman junked the camera and ran to assist. This led to an alarming video which my mother freaked out about

I am alive, the pin made it up perfectly, and it unboxed/setup perfectly. Absolutely zero problems with the pin!

I’ve been cleaning up cardboard and such while my helpers play. I will set up a propert stream later tonight with gameplay, for the moment I am just recovering and letting my buddies explore!

6D045406-B658-4BAB-BF6E-5D624602CF05 (resized).jpeg6D045406-B658-4BAB-BF6E-5D624602CF05 (resized).jpeg7B1B01EC-1165-4964-B280-4FD8EE6003FF (resized).jpeg7B1B01EC-1165-4964-B280-4FD8EE6003FF (resized).jpeg
#628 4 years ago

Have this in league tomorrow night. Me and my buddy put about 50 games on it Sat night, but didn't figure out much for strategy.
So...you hit the right ramp to light the modes....but then what?
Need some gameplay tips por fa vor.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A quick update:
The stream was a disaster. I was using new hardware and didn’t have any sound, which I didn’t realize. There was a slip on the Escalera near the top stair, at which point my cameraman junked the camera and ran to assist. This led to an alarming video which my mother freaked out about
I am alive, the pin made it up perfectly, and it unboxed/setup perfectly. Absolutely zero problems with the pin!
I’ve been cleaning up cardboard and such while my helpers play. I will set up a propert stream later tonight with gameplay, for the moment I am just recovering and letting my buddies explore![quoted image][quoted image]

Holy moly, what a day! Glad everyone is alright.

#630 4 years ago

First State Flippers in conjunction with Delaware Pinball, will be streaming Wonka tomorrow night (7/3) starting around 7pm est. We usually stream for 3-4 hours. So tune in if you have some down time!

Delaware Pinball Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/delawarepinball/

#631 4 years ago

Been playing mine, really a great game. Hooked it to an external sub, great sound and light show. Still figuring out what to do, but wonkavision and callouts are very instructive. Has a feel like a combo of dialed in and woz. Not sure what a good score is, I’ve gotten over a million twice.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Have this in league tomorrow night. Me and my buddy put about 50 games on it Sat night, but didn't figure out much for strategy.
So...you hit the right ramp to light the modes....but then what?
Need some gameplay tips por fa vor.

To start a mode you are shooting the right lane under the Wonkavision screen, which is a U-turn lane that feeds the saucer. Focus on Gobstopper MB. It's super easy to start. Always shoot from the left flipper and backhand the target, it generally feeds back slowly and safely to your left flipper. Shoot again to lock a ball.
From the right flipper, learn to backhand the captive ball. Lots of points/awards there including the "collect kid" which lights your Kid MB (far most left shot by the left upper flipper). NOTE - Try and collect multiple kids, you get 1 ball per kid collected. Also, don't waste the Kid MB. If it's flashing and you drain, it's NOT lit on the next ball.

#633 4 years ago

Had to keep this panel of my box : )

65571827_2650852504945217_5071543261957455872_n (resized).jpg65571827_2650852504945217_5071543261957455872_n (resized).jpg
#634 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Been playing mine, really a great game. Hooked it to an external sub, great sound and light show. Still figuring out what to do, but wonkavision and callouts are very instructive. Has a feel like a combo of dialed in and woz. Not sure what a good score is, I’ve gotten over a million twice.

Thats my feeling also.. woz meets dile
... its gonna only get better as the code does but wow its awesome. Probably some the best lightshows ever and one the best shooting pins ever. This pin is gonna sell really well for jjp..especially the se bc of the price and how much is there compared to stern premium /le.

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yep, I posted this in another thread. Looked horrible.

This game is begging for some spotlights. Comet pinball here I come. Has to be one of the darkest modern game I have played in a long time.

#637 4 years ago

People are loving Wonka. The initially 2 we ordered are being played at a record pace. The theme is really interesting to our casual base. Thanks Jack and team!

123951(60) (resized).jpg123951(60) (resized).jpg123951(61) (resized).jpg123951(61) (resized).jpg
#638 4 years ago

anyone else having random trough issues? I can have 3-4 totally normal games, then have a whole game where the ball has trouble getting up into the shooter lane.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A quick update:
I’ve been cleaning up cardboard and such while my helpers play. I will set up a propert stream later tonight with gameplay, for the moment I am just recovering and letting my buddies explore![quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks to Derek for letting us help setup today and play. The Escalera stair slip scare had our hearts beating as we ran up the stairs and threw our backs into the crate. Stupid we know. I'll let Derek give all the details on setup but for the most part, it was playable out of the box. Kudos to the Q&A team.

Played for hours this evening. I can say the code/integration has improved significantly compared to what I played on the prototypes at NW Pinball & Arcade Show. Some things about the sound/vids we could nitpick about but that's all been said. Physically, it's a well designed PF, feels complete, and I couldn't complain about how it looks. Hopefully with the future updates in code, this game will mature like a full bodied fine wine.

Honestly, it's a really fun game! We were having a great time trying to figure out all the modes/shots. The light shows are amazing. Looking forward to when my CE arrives down the road!

Thanks again to our host Derek and can't wait til he starts streaming!

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone else having random trough issues? I can have 3-4 totally normal games, then have a whole game where the ball has trouble getting up into the shooter lane.

No, but my issue was the first coil that returned the locked ball to the shooter lane was weak. I was able to adjust that in coil settings. Try setting the Trough VUK Strength to a higher number.

#641 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Thanks again to our host Derek and can't wait til he starts streaming!

I planned on doing it tonight but couldn’t figure out how to get the LCD monitor out for adding my capture device.

They changed the mechanism and I don’t see how it unlatches now.

Maybe tomorrow. Long day!

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I planned on doing it tonight but couldn’t figure out how to get the LCD monitor out for adding my capture device.
They changed the mechanism and I don’t see how it unlatches now.
Maybe tomorrow. Long day!

Magnetic - just pull forward on the monitor

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Hmm. No more latches?

"Latches? We don't need no stinkin'...latches!!" - Gringo Lawlor

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

This game is begging for some spotlights. Comet pinball here I come. Has to be one of the darkest modern game I have played in a long time.

Except the connections under the pf are very limited. No open connectors. The spotlight that exists by the gobstopper runs directly into a board.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe there needs be an optional “end of run” versions for owners like yourself? I do recall
Jack saying he’d personally prefer the last off the line.

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Doh - how obvious (and perfect!)

The new monitor mount is very nice. It has supports and does not sag whatsoever.

#647 4 years ago

Question for owners - did you use the left drain post?

I installed the optional post in the empty hole provided for it, but when I put a rubber on it balls got stuck in the midlane.

Curious if I should remove that black "stopper" and try the higher hole, or maybe remove the rubber from the midlane post.

#648 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Question for owners - did you use the left drain post?
I installed the optional post in the empty hole provided for it, but when I put a rubber on it balls got stuck in the midlane.
Curious if I should remove that black "stopper" and try the higher hole, or maybe remove the rubber from the midlane post.

I didn't install mine. Also, I removed the rubber from the midlane because every other ball was getting stuck.

#649 4 years ago

Derek (zaphX) is streaming Wonka play now:

https://www.twitch.tv/nspinball

#650 4 years ago

Do all three versions of Wonka have PDI glass?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.99
$ 64.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

There are 13,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/13?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.