IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 279.
#6901 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If it really bothers you I believe someone on this thread figured out a way to tone down the topper. I forgot the details, but its in this thread somewhere. For me I think its a little bright, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I saw that as well, because I have that topper. It now sits in a box in my parts room because its like the lamp on a lighthouse.

They guy you are referring to took it all apart and put window tint or something (film) inside of it in between the acrylic layers in order to dim it. Not a damn thing you can do about the LEDs.

EDIT: What I find amazing is that the game has "topper dimming" in the menu. ?????? I understand that the CE has a topper that is delivered with the game, and maybe that setting works on that one, but why would JJP offer an "OEM" Wonkatania topper that does NOT utilize dimmable LED lamps in it? Stupid if you ask me.

EDIT#2: Post #3916 has the dimming info

#6902 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I saw that as well, because I have that topper. It now sits in a box in my parts room because its like the lamp on a lighthouse.
They guy you are referring to took it all apart and put window tint or something (film) inside of it in between the acrylic layers in order to dim it. Not a damn thing you can do about the LEDs.
EDIT: What I find amazing is that the game has "topper dimming" in the menu. ?????? I understand that the CE has a topper that is delivered with the game, and maybe that setting works on that one, but why would JJP offer an "OEM" Wonkatania topper that does NOT utilize dimmable LED lamps in it? Stupid if you ask me.

You explained it. Setting is in there for the CE whereas the LE topper was done by someone else vendor wise. Dumb notwithstanding

#6903 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

I totally agree.....seems crazy to me .... I'm not sure if its a hardware or software issue

#6904 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

the LE topper was done by someone else vendor wise

I understand this, but the fact that JJP offers it through their website gives the impression that it is a JJP part.

I'm an engineer in the auto industry, and we use suppliers/vendors on just about everything in the vehicle, but when we sell something as "OEM", it needs to meet the 3 "F"s- Fit Form and Function to be considered an OEM part.

The topper does not meet the "Function" part, and they should've said it was NOT dimmable in the description on their website. Feel a little cheated on that one

#6905 3 years ago

You explained it. Setting is in there for the CE whereas the LE topper was done by someone else vendor wise. Dumb notwithstanding

Everything in JJP games is made by someone else so not sure why this topper is any different.

#6906 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Everything in JJP games is made by someone else so not sure why this topper is any different.

Not true but whatever. I’m sure the software guys were programming for the CE and the LE topper came along later. Not that I don’t see the point being made because I certainly do.

#6907 3 years ago

Not true but whatever. I’m sure the software guys were programming for the CE and the LE topper came along later. Not that I don’t see the point being made because I certainly do.

I'm curious as to what isn't true...if this is simply a software issue hopefully the programmers address at some point

#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm curious as to what isn't true...if this is simply a software issue hopefully the programmers address at some point

We have vendors make stuff of course. There’s a distinction between say something designed by us in house like the CE topper and something that was added later after the production design was over - say like Joe from laseriffic making a hobbit topper where we hadn’t done one. Of course we had to submit the art to Warner so it could come to existence but to me that’s different - the LE WW topper is much closer to the latter than to the former.

#6909 3 years ago

We have vendors make stuff of course. There’s a distinction between say something designed by us in house like the CE topper and something that was added later after the production design was over - say like Joe from laseriffic making a hobbit topper where we hadn’t done one. Of course we had to submit the art to Warner so it could come to existence but to me that’s different - the LE WW topper is much closer to the latter than to the former.

Got it....its still a JJP OEM part so it should come with some level of support. Do u know if its a hardware or software issue with the topper? If its a software issue hopefully its on their list of things to address if they ever come out with another update

#6910 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Got it....its still a JJP OEM part so it should come with some level of support. Do u know if its a hardware or software issue with the topper? If its a software issue hopefully its on their list of things to address if they ever come out with another update

Honestly not sure

#6911 3 years ago

oh and Wonka needs the wifi enabler update so it will get that for sure

#6912 3 years ago

Plus the bug fixer for chase ball that’s coming

#6913 3 years ago

Can you please:

Make the point values bigger for:

oompah loompah hurry up jackpot
Storeroom combo mini modes (like dairy cream. Etc)
WonkaTania Mania
World record gum chewing
Inventing Room
Scrumdiliumpscious combos

As is, they really aren’t worth the trouble.

#6914 3 years ago

what’s the “WiFi enabler”? Will wonka have the ability to connect to the interwebs for updates and other things?

Also...PLEASE do something with the GI code to brighten up Oompa Loompa oddessy. It’s way to dark to track balls in this mode in a dark basement arcade. I wish the gi would stay on steady or simply dim (if that’s possible) in this mode.

Thanks to you and all the JJP team for building such an awesome pin!!!

#6915 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

what’s the “WiFi enabler”? Will wonka have the ability to connect to the interwebs for updates and other things?

Yes. All JJP pins will get that at some point. GNR already has it.

LTG : )

#6916 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Also...PLEASE do something with the GI code to brighten up Oompa Loompa oddessy. It’s way to dark to track balls in this mode in a dark basement arcade. I wish the gi would stay on steady or simply dim (if that’s possible) in this mode.

I second this. I hate playing that mode because it's way too dark.

#6917 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I second this. I hate playing that mode because it's way too dark.

Funny, I like how dark it gets...

#6918 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

+1. I hope if it is done it is made selectable. I don't want mine to change. I fear change.

#6919 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Setting the mood!

#6920 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Wonka's office is the same thing....I personally like the modes, but I see your point

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wonka's office is the same thing....I personally like the modes, but I see your point

Doesn’t bother me on Wonka’s office as half the playfield is lit.

Maybe it’s just my machine but Oompa Loompa odyssey borderline unplayable.

For those of you who “like” the lighting, how dark is your game room? I dim my room lighting by 50% and have stadiums on my machine. Stadiums on wonka are at about 45%.

#6922 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

+1. I hope if it is done it is made selectable. I don't want mine to change. I fear change.

Now that is a good idea!

#6923 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

For those of you who “like” the lighting, how dark is your game room? I dim my room lighting by 50% and have stadiums on my machine. Stadiums on wonka are at about 45%.

I play in different condition depending on how I feel but often its with no lights on. I dont find it unplayable myself.. I see this discussion often in regards to brightness and colors.. I really believe there are differences in peoples eyesight or something..

#6924 3 years ago

I personally like the lighting in Oompa Loompa mode. Gameroom is lit by machines only and play that way 100% of the time. It does get alittle stressful near the slings due to it being dim, but it adds to the "Creepiness" of the mode.

#6925 3 years ago
Quoted from Rshackxd:

I personally like the lighting in Oompa Loompa mode. Gameroom is lit by machines only and play that way 100% of the time. It does get alittle stressful near the slings due to it being dim, but it adds to the "Creepiness" of the mode.

Agreed. And i feel that mode represents the movie perfectly. As its creepy and trippy..

#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

My room has indirect lighting, and I also have pin stadiums on my machine (set at 25%)....I've never noticed lighting issues with Oompa Loompa odyssey until u brought it up....Wonkas office gets a little dark (on half the play field) if your playing at night

#6927 3 years ago

Game lighting is just fine with me in any mode.

#6928 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Game lighting is just fine with me in any mode.

One of this games strengths is the lighting they programmed for modes like Wonkatania and Oompa Loompa

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

One of this games strengths is the lighting they programmed for modes like Wonkatania and Oompa Loompa

Love wonkatainia lighting!!!

Regarding Oompa Loompa odyssey....Maybe it’s just me, and a few select others

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Room is dark as in no lights on. Blinds closed, drapes drawn always. All are in the dark or as close to it as possible. The reasoning may be a little different for me personally. It's kind of a mental health disability type scenario. This may seem a little confusing because I also like intense flashing lights and crazy light shows.
The oompa loompa thing and the wonkatania also fit in as well. It's a pinball immersion thing I guess.

#6931 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can't be adjusted.

Quoted from Krupps4:

Think of it this way and I respect everyone’s opinion, but only one person that I’ve seen has complained about the topper being too bright. Again, I’m sure it is too bright for him, but I don’t think most people even give it a second thought.

There were several who complained about it. I also remember that the toppers went on a pretty decent sale earlier this year, probably trying to clear out inventory. I would have bought one myself, but the lack of this option made me reluctant to do so. It's a shame, and I hope JJP learned something for next time.

#6932 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Can you please:
Make the point values bigger for:
oompah loompah hurry up jackpot
Storeroom combo mini modes (like dairy cream. Etc)
WonkaTania Mania
World record gum chewing
Inventing Room
Scrumdiliumpscious combos
As is, they really aren’t worth the trouble.

I support this. There are so many potentially great modes that just fall flat because they are too much risk for almost no reward. Wonkatania Mania is incredible, especially with a shaker motor, yet it barely registers more points than a half decent spinner hit and no bonus for making it to the end (which should be huge, given the difficulty).

These modes need their own high score portraits too. Dots Dots Dots has a h.s. but Wonkatania Mania doesn't? Blasphemy.

I really hope the game gets a major code update/ rework soon. It deserves it.

#6933 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Here is a pic of my second bar lit before the others. I am so confused. Perhaps it's random? [quoted image]

Just catching up on this thread. I've seen other questions on the ticket order. Hold the right flipper button in for the status screen. Several screens in it lists all of the tickets in order on the playfield and which ones are completed.

#6934 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Love wonkatainia lighting!!!
Regarding Oompa Loompa odyssey....Maybe it’s just me, and a few select others

Change that lighting setting in the menu to "I'm going to be sick ". It's even better.

#6935 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I support this. There are so many potentially great modes that just fall flat because they are too much risk for almost no reward. Wonkatania Mania is incredible, especially with a shaker motor, yet it barely registers more points than a half decent spinner hit and no bonus for making it to the end (which should be huge, given the difficulty).
These modes need their own high score portraits too. Dots Dots Dots has a h.s. but Wonkatania Mania doesn't? Blasphemy.
I really hope the game gets a major code update/ rework soon. It deserves it.

Totally. The WonkaTania mode could be a legit risk/reward. Each ramp shot could double (1k, 2k, 4K, 8k, 16k, etc.) and instead of awarding points the points accumulate to a super jackpot that is cashable somewhere (gob or TV maybe). The more ramps you hit the higher it goes, but you lose everything if you don’t cash it out before “stop the boat”. You can cash in supers as many times as you want, but the ramp values will always drop back to the minimum, making it far less valuable to collect multiple Supers instead of a big one at the end.

And if you cash it in with a full left orbit through the pops, it’s a double Super, but if you miss, it resets.

Damn, I like it.

#6936 3 years ago

Totally. The WonkaTania mode could be a legit risk/reward. Each ramp shot could double (1k, 2k, 4K, 8k, 16k, etc.) and instead of awarding points the points accumulate to a super jackpot that is cashable somewhere (gob or TV maybe). The more ramps you hit the higher it goes, but you lose everything if you don’t cash it out before “stop the boat”. You can cash in supers as many times as you want, but the ramp values will always drop back to the minimum, making it far less valuable to collect multiple Supers instead of a big one at the end.
And if you cash it in with a full left orbit through the pops, it’s a double Super, but if you miss, it resets.
Damn, I like it.

Sounds good this does need an update

#6937 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Change that lighting setting in the menu to "I'm going to be sick ". It's even better.

This is an actual setting??? Where is it located in the menu settings and what does it do?? I need to get home and find this!

#6938 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

This is an actual setting???

Yes.

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Where is it located in the menu settings

Go to Settings - Game Settings - scroll way down to Wonkatania Mode - Wonkatania Mania Intensity - set to Gonna Be Sick. There are other choices there.

#6939 3 years ago

We got the Wonka LE about a month ago, and my 9 year old really loves it. She will come down to my office two or three times a day to play. Sometimes we play together, other times she will play alone on a quick break between her at-home classes. Well, I was Grand Champion on the machine for a few weeks and the other day she said by the time Christmas break was over she would be Grand Champion. Now today, before Christmas break has even started, she scored 2.9million and is the new Grand Champion!! She was so excited! I am so glad she loves pinball!!

#6940 3 years ago

All the hard boyz getting all worked up over LZ, Alien and GnR...when the best game around has a picture of Gene Wilder on it!

#6941 3 years ago

All the hard boyz getting all worked up over LZ, Alien and GnR...when the best game around has a picture of Gene Wilder on it!

A lot of truth to this,but I want a GnR to sit right next to my Wonka!

#6942 3 years ago

New to the club. Had my Wonka LE for a week now and loving it. Only issue so far is the the captive ball plastic (04). Looked on JJPs site and didn't see any replacements.

What options are there to replace or reinforce this plastic?

#6943 3 years ago

I’ve been considering a used WW vs a stern Star Wars or tmnt. How much does the le add vs se when considering used prices? I really like the look of the le better, but aside from the the lock, is it worth going LE?

#6944 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

New to the club. Had my Wonka LE for a week now and loving it. Only issue so far is the the captive ball plastic (04). Looked on JJPs site and didn't see any replacements.
What options are there to replace or reinforce this plastic?

Open a service ticket on our website and we can send you one.

#6945 3 years ago

Will do! Thank You!!

#6946 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I’ve been considering a used WW vs a stern Star Wars or tmnt. How much does the le add vs se when considering used prices? I really like the look of the le better, but aside from the the lock, is it worth going LE?

I’m not sure about game play but having all the bells and whistles on any game to me is worth it, just like on Stern’s pro vs premiums, but resale will help being an LE on just about any pin.

#6947 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I went SE and I still do not think the physical ball lock and the blue frames are worth the extra $2000. The lack of the ball lock means the flow is actually better during the start of Wonkavator multiball (you can imediately start hitting jackpots while the animation is playing). Don't get me wrong, physical ball locks are cool, but it wasn't 2 grand cool. I put my own shaker motor in for a couple hundred bucks and I am enjoying my SE.

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

is it worth going LE?

I love the super lock. It’s the coolest part of the game to me. Love the way it shoots the ball up into the wonkavator hold. Super cool. That, plus the shaker (so awesome on wonkavator multi) and the blue wire frames, I think there is definite value in the SE to LE upgrade.

#6949 3 years ago

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Will do! Thank You!!

If you have a 3d printer here's a decent direct replacement I made while I was waiting for mine to get here from JJP.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4679354

#6950 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

If you have a 3d printer here's a decent direct replacement I made while I was waiting for mine to get here from JJP.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4679354

Thanks for this! It seems like a common enough problem. I saw a $125 dollar mod for the area, but am unsure what/if any other options exist.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
9,600 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/139?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.