IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 280.
#6851 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Think about that - suppose that was done. What happens to everyone who didn't get that perk? Were I one of the others I would be pissed. At the end of the day there is no point in my debating this - as usual I should have thought about that before answering but I was clumsily trying to help. Soon the playfields will all be distributed and then the next issue can come to be debated.

I'm sure I'm wasting my breath, but let's try this friendly customer service thing one more time. How about-

Unfortunately some replacement playfields have already gone out and it wouldn't be fair to those people to start giving out populated playfields now. We do acknowledge that this has taken way too long and we should offer some sort of compensation in the form of X and can reassure you we've done X to assure it won't happen again.

$500 off the next game? Shitty T-shirt I won't wear? Peace of mind knowing it's been solved for the next game?

#6852 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A better analogy would be:
"We're sorry the tires we shipped your car didn't last as expected. Please continue to drive until they are bare, and then replace them with this complimentary set."

Not even close. Tires are an expected wear item, that are supposed to be changed at frequent intervals. A play field is not.

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

$500 off the next game? Shitty T-shirt I won't wear? Peace of mind knowing it's been solved for the next game?

I'm sure we can all agree here that the most appreciated compensation (other than the replacement playfield) would be a Dialed In letterman jacket.

#6854 3 years ago

I'm happy with my Wonka LE, but I would travel the world for a signed Jack glamour shot to hang next to Wonka.

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A better analogy would be:
"We're sorry the tires we shipped your car didn't last as expected. Please continue to drive until they are bare, and then replace them with this complimentary set."

So you'd accept a brand new car with a bubble in the sidewall of the front tire, and keep driving it around? Not a great analogy. Even still, how many car manufactures do you know take over a year to replace a defective tire on a brand new car, and would you have to install it yourself? I think not.

Pictured is clear coat damage caused by pressure from the apron, my game arrived this way...the clear so soft it literally rolled the clear and paint back. Has all the common post bubbles as well.

IMG_4453 (resized).jpgIMG_4453 (resized).jpgIMG_4456 (resized).jpgIMG_4456 (resized).jpg
#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

So you'd accept a brand new car with a bubble in the sidewall of the front tire, and keep driving it around? Not a great analogy. Even still, how many car manufactures do you know take over a year to replace a defective tire on a brand new car, and would you have to install it yourself? I think not.
Pictured is clear coat damage caused by pressure from the apron, my game arrived this way...the clear so soft it literally rolled the clear and paint back. Has all the common post bubbles as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You wanna know what the shitty part is? That amount of damage won't get you a replacement play field, either.

#6857 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Just about anyone can change a tire in a few hours.. a playfield swap on a game as complex as Wonka is no easy feat.

Just about anyone has the equipment to mount and balance tires?

#6858 3 years ago

Maybe it's time for a JJP "State of the Playfield" monthly mailer where they address the pipeline for existing customers and build confidence about new playfields for new customers

#6859 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Not even close. Tires are an expected wear item, that are supposed to be changed at frequent intervals. A play field is not.

I disagree. Eventually, given enough use, playfields wear.

People make replacement playfields for old games for exactly this reason.

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I disagree. Eventually, given enough use, playfields wear.
People make replacement playfields for old games for exactly this reason.

You're missing my point. Over the life of the ownership of a car, you should expect to replace your tires, frequently. It's a routine service item.

Alternatively, over the life of the ownership of a pinball machine, you should NOT expect to replace your play field frequently. MAYBE once with heavy play. And it's certainly not a routine service item, by any means.

#6861 3 years ago

You're missing my point. Over the life of the ownership of a car, you should expect to replace your tires, frequently. It's a routine service item.
Alternatively, over the life of the ownership of a pinball machine, you should NOT expect to replace your play field frequently. MAYBE once with heavy play. And it's certainly not a routine service item, by any means.

Ok I'd agree with that. It's a wear item but not a frequent one and once in the lifetime of the game seems about right.

#6862 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe it's time for a JJP "State of the Playfield" monthly mailer where they address the pipeline for existing customers and build confidence about new playfields for new customers

That would be great!
I'm waiting 7 month already for a replacement PF too.
I really miss more communication from JJP.
But again, it's our fault - my PotC had it too and even i bought the next title from them again.
Same with GnR, - customer became crazy regardless of the PF quality.
The result: PF issues again!
Will you buy the next title ? --- Maybe
So finally it's all about hoping that my next machine will not have it !?

#6863 3 years ago

Umm, then why do companies exist that make replacement playfields?

#6864 3 years ago

Here's my direct fit replacement for the captive ball plastic (-04) on Willy Wonka Pinball. JJP was happy to send me a new one but it was going to cost $9 to ship it. I made one while I was thinking about the shipping cost until I remembered they owed me some new drones for my Dialed In so I paid the shipping at that point. Wouldn't have made sense otherwise for 20 cents worth of plastic.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4679354

20200914_095500 (Large) (resized).jpg20200914_095500 (Large) (resized).jpg
#6865 3 years ago

Some sling protectors I made for my Willy Wonka.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4679386

20201017_113438 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201017_113438 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#6866 3 years ago

The topper I made for my Willy Wonka. It was the first thing I designed in tinkercad and the second thing I printed on my 3d printer.
It barely fits under the glass. Clear for the smoke bubble and whatever color you want for the topper. I actually ended up spraying mine brown textured stone paint or some stuff.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4679412

20200617_200656 (Large) (resized).jpg20200617_200656 (Large) (resized).jpg

20200617_210205 (Large) (resized).jpg20200617_210205 (Large) (resized).jpg
#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Umm, then why do companies exist that make replacement playfields?

For the same reason that companies exist that make replacement car chassis/frames. Because sometimes they need to be replaced. But only in extreme situations.

Replacement play fields are a boutique business, just like replacement car chassis / frames. Very small customer base, and custom manufactured. Not normally offered by the OEM manufacturer any more, which is why the boutiques make them. Same holds true for play fields.

Carguments aside, you shouldn't be shopping for new play field on your pin before you've hit 1000 plays. EVER. More like 10,000 plays, maybe. Wrecked play fields used to be the exception, now they're the norm. That's not acceptable.

#6868 3 years ago

I have owned my Wonka Se about 5 months gets lots of play and the playfield looks perfect to me.

However, I'm thinking of selling and either getting the CE or find a LE. I sure don't want to have a playfield problem and I thought this was all behind us.

#6869 3 years ago

The pooling I noticed on mine - including the “post ironing pooling” - still hasn’t resulted in chipped art and still doesn’t negatively affect game play. So I’m still not worrying about it.

There’s no way I’m removing a star post at this point. That’s asking for trouble.

#6870 3 years ago

I don't think they are labeled in the way you believe. They illuminate from left to right as you collect them. The 5th ticket could be a number of them.

So on the topic of Golden Tickets....on my game they light up (from left to right)....1, 2, 5, 4, 3 ..... I got all 5 tickets last night. In the final Pure Imagination mode u apparently u need 10 jackpots, but I only got 6 before draining.

#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So on the topic of Golden Tickets....on my game they light up (from left to right)....1, 2, 5, 4, 3 ..... I got all 5 tickets last night. In the final Pure Imagination mode u apparently u need 10 jackpots, but I only got 6 before draining.

Congrats on Pure Imagination! Seems like everyone's tickets are lighting up in different patterns...making me think each ticket does represent a specific accomplishment.

#6872 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Do it! It's not accepting defeat in my mind. I bought a pinball machine that costs as much as a used car and damn it I'm going to get some enjoyment out of it! I think Wonka is far more enjoyable when you're blowing it up and that really only happens if you dial down the difficulty a little bit. Even now, I have some crap games and barely break 100 grand, but man it was fun to put up almost 10 million! Also, making the game more accessible means having more people enjoy it. Not everyone is a pinball wizard

Umm...there are level of difficulty settings?? I have had this awhile and I just got to wonkas office yesterday and it's a miracle of baby jesus that I have broke 5 million. I hope mine isn't on easy mode Love "that costs as much as a used car" Fuck it, agreed. I will check the menu

#6873 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCandyPants:

there are level of difficulty settings??

Yes. Page B-58 in the manual. B.6 Install Presets.

LTG : )

#6874 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Eric finally got someone in programming at Jersey Jack Pinball to confirm the lights for us:

Here's the final word:

GOLDEN-TICKETS (resized).pngGOLDEN-TICKETS (resized).png

#6875 3 years ago

I just hit flashing lights and hopefully earn GTs.
I have made it to Wonka's Office two times. Guess it was dumb luck.

#6876 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I just hit flashing lights and hopefully earn GTs.
I have made it to Wonka's Office two times. Guess it was dumb luck.

I heard that I’ve been there a few times and the second time there I just cradle the ball and checked screens for directions.

#6877 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I put my gobstopper print on thingiverse. keeps the roller switch from sticking. Hope it works because I've never uploaded anything to thingiverse. Its free and non commercial/share alike. Any remixes please distribute free as well. Thanks.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4675550
r/
Mike
[quoted image]

Thanks for your tip and sharing of the link. Here is my version of the item. Not bad for an under $10 mod shipping included. I just had to use my dremel to clean up/enlarge the backside cavity so that it would snap over the existing metal plate on the gobstopper mechanism. That and just a bit of paintwork in blue and bright gold and it is now in place. Easy to do and I think it makes a nice add to the game.

20201214_095603 (resized).jpg20201214_095603 (resized).jpg
#6878 3 years ago

Eric finally got someone in programming at Jersey Jack Pinball to confirm the lights for us:
Here's the final word:
[quoted image]

This is great and good to know.. Now how did I miss that Gobstopper ticket!!??

#6879 3 years ago

I’m seeing a lot of Gobstoppers with little chips in the paint - including mine. Totally unnoticeable until you look right at it - and for it - but still annoying.

if anyone knows suitable touch up paints - in the right colors - can you please post?

#6880 3 years ago

Here's the final word:
[quoted image]

Thanks...this makes sense to me...also I didnt know the first GT was called Gumball I wonder if they programmed them this way based on difficulty to achieve? I find that from left to right the first is the easiest and the Wonkavator is the most difficult.

#6881 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks for your tip and sharing of the link. Here is my version of the item. Not bad for an under $10 mod shipping included. I just had to use my dremel to clean up/enlarge the backside cavity so that it would snap over the existing metal plate on the gobstopper mechanism. That and just a bit of paintwork in blue and bright gold and it is now in place. Easy to do and I think it makes a nice add to the game.
[quoted image]

That looks great! I hope it serves its purpose well.
Very cool to see someone use this file. Thanks for trying it.
r/
Mike

#6882 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks...this makes sense to me...also I didnt know the first GT was called Gumball I wonder if they programmed them this way based on difficulty to achieve? I find that from left to right the first is the easiest and the Wonkavator is the most difficult.

The gumball golden ticket is awarded randomly.

#6883 3 years ago

Am I going crazy here? I just installed the JJP topper. This thing is ridiculously bright. The brightness settings seem to do nothing. Did I plug it into the wrong plug? It’s hard to even look at this thing.

#6884 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Am I going crazy here? I just installed the JJP topper. This thing is ridiculously bright. The brightness settings seem to do nothing. Did I plug it into the wrong plug? It’s hard to even look at this thing.

Nope its bright....and theres no way to adjust the brightness

#6885 3 years ago

Awesome...

Who wants to buy a slightly used topper? PM me

#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Awesome...

Check with LTG about adjusting the brightness for the topper. I could be completely wrong, but I thought it could be adjusted.

#6887 3 years ago

They are not dimmable LED's, so yeah, it's not adjustable.

#6888 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Check with ltg about adjusting the brightness for the topper. I could be completely wrong, but I thought it could be adjusted.

Can't be adjusted.

#6889 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can't be adjusted.

I stand corrected!! Thanks for the clarification!

#6890 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Awesome...

If it really bothers you I believe someone on this thread figured out a way to tone down the topper. I forgot the details, but its in this thread somewhere. For me I think its a little bright, but it doesn't bother me at all.

#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If it really bothers you I believe someone on this thread figured out a way to tone down the topper. I forgot the details, but its in this thread somewhere. For me I think its a little bright, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Id like to know also. I will be installing mine next week. Hate to hear that its too bright to have on the machine.

#6892 3 years ago

So how are people managing the various modes to maximize score values? For example, if the 5x playfield mode is ready to be activated are you saving the mode and not shooting the Wonkavision to activate the mode until you have a multiball ready to go? Just curious to hear about people’s strategies. My high score is about $3.5M without me doing anything intentional other than trying to activate modes and getting some multi balls going in no particular order. I think it’s time I start playing with more intention, so I’m curious to hear about what others are doing.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Id like to know also. I will be installing mine next week. Hate to hear that its too bright to have on the machine.

Its bright, but I don't think its over the top.....doesn't bother me at all.

#6894 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

So how are people managing the various modes to maximize score values? For example, if the 5x playfield mode is ready to be activated are you saving the mode and not shooting the Wonkavision to activate the mode until you have a multiball ready to go? Just curious to hear about people’s strategies. My high score is about $3.5M without me doing anything intentional other than trying to activate modes and getting some multi balls going in no particular order. I think it’s time I start playing with more intention, so I’m curious to hear about what others are doing.

The great thing about Wonka is it’s non linear!I focus on wracking up Wonka bars and nailing the captive ball my highest score was 13,960.460 one time only

#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree. I never even thought of it as being too bright.

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The great thing about Wonka is it’s non linear!I focus on wracking up Wonka bars and nailing the captive ball my highest score was 13,960.460 one time only

I agree that it is non linear which is unique, but I guess that makes you choose between trying to obtain tickets and maximizing score. It seems like those two go hand in hand.

By the way, love Wonka. I play it more than any of my other pins.

#6897 3 years ago

Wonka! Is da best

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree that it is non linear which is unique, but I guess that makes you choose between trying to obtain tickets and maximizing score. It seems like those two go hand in hand.
By the way, love Wonka. I play it more than any of my other pins.

My rule of thumb, and feel free to take this with a grain of salt, is super spinner, 5-completed kid multiball, and bonus collect for big scores. Do those with the bigger multipliers and you're good. Use super spinner to build up bars, and the one-time super spinner combo over and over again. Take advantage of that before the rules in the beta go public then cash in a huge bonus collect with a high pf x and bonus x.

5-completed kid multiball is the icing on the cake as jackpots will be 6x plus any pf x you bring in, but it's harder to do that then bars.

#6899 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree. I never even thought of it as being too bright.

Ok that makes me feel better... Now im very curious ha.

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok that makes me feel better... Now im very curious ha.

Think of it this way and I respect everyone’s opinion, but only one person that I’ve seen has complained about the topper being too bright. Again, I’m sure it is too bright for him, but I don’t think most people even give it a second thought.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/138?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.