IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 278.
#6801 3 years ago

I made the game easier to see more of the features (and to delight my children) but I moved them back to factory earlier this week. It's more fun to me to get my ass handed to me 3/4 games.

#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from grandy:

I made the game easier to see more of the features (and to delight my children) but I moved them back to factory earlier this week. It's more fun to me to get my ass handed to me 3/4 games.

Tru dat!

#6803 3 years ago

How much magnet action is everyone getting? There are 7 in the game. Feeding the left upper flipper is the obvious one, and I sometimes get action on the left mid side, but I don't recall ever sensing magnet action anywhere else.

Thoughts?

#6804 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

How much magnet action is everyone getting? There are 7 in the game. Feeding the left upper flipper is the obvious one, and I sometimes get action on the left mid side, but I don't recall ever sensing magnet action anywhere else.
Thoughts?

It’s subtle most times, but there are some times where the effects are pretty aggressive.

The little candy magnets have greatest effect on slow arcing balls that pass through the field when active. Just something you have to be ready for.

On more than one occasion the magnets have saved me some straight down the middle balls!

#6805 3 years ago

Thoughts?

I've had some crazy things happen. Once, the magnets apparently grabbed the ball (which was headed SDTM) and threw it back up into the Gobstopper hole, starting multiball!

Of course, there have also been times where a ball NOT headed STDM got halted or shifted by the magnets and then went straight down instead. Pinball!

#6806 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I've had some crazy things happen. Once, the magnets apparently grabbed the ball (which was headed SDTM) and threw it back up into the Gobstopper hole, starting multiball!
Of course, there have also been times where a ball NOT headed STDM got halted or shifted by the magnets and then went straight down instead. Pinball!

Wow! Is there a magnet adjustment setting? Mine barely changes the trajectory and it definitely has never been strong enough to throw it back up the pf.

#6807 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Not sure if my seven pins counts as a larger collection, but Wonka gets played the most, even more than EHoH. For me personally, I’d say it’s an even split between EHoH and Wonka. I really like Wonka a lot. I think it gets some unfair criticism due to the crazy hype at release.

Catching up as haven’t been on here in a while. This one caught my eye. I also had a small collection. Have recently downsized due to time with other hobbies. The family and I decided to keep the 4 games most played or most enjoyed. Wonka and JJPPotC are the most played with WoZ coming in 3rd. Wonka is probably the most played but my “baby” is WoZ. Games I let go were (all games were premium top notch and/or restored to perfection with all bells and whistles) MMr, IJPA, AlienLE, and LotR.

There’s just something about this Wonka...

#6808 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

I can’t agree more. I’ve played all of the JJP pins (except GNR), but after owning Wonka I have greater respect for the entire JJP lineup. All pins are fun - Stern, Spooky, etc. - but I really think JJP pins outclass them all. There is just a plus+ factor with all the JJP pins. Put it this way, if I could only own pins from one manufacturer, I’d take the JJP pins. I know they cost more than other pins, but in their case you do get what you pay for. My next pin will be another JJP pin. So, again, I am very impressed with Wonka and believe it is underrated and unfairly dismissed by many in the pin community.

#6809 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I don't think they are labeled in the way you believe. They illuminate from left to right as you collect them. The 5th ticket could be a number of them.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the GT's light up left to right.....I've gotten 4 tickets several times and it its always been the right one that isn't lite....so its either Kid, wonkavator, gobstopper or completing all the modes. I'll have to pay attention next time

No, they dont. I got three a couple weeks ago. The first two were lit, then one unlit, then a lit one, then the last one was unlit.

#6810 3 years ago

Thoughts?

hardly any. Once in a blue moon i notice it. Its hard to tell its a magnet, almost most like ball spin catching grip.

#6811 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Catching up as haven’t been on here in a while. This one caught my eye. I also had a small collection. Have recently downsized due to time with other hobbies. The family and I decided to keep the 4 games most played or most enjoyed. Wonka and JJPPotC are the most played with WoZ coming in 3rd. Wonka is probably the most played but my “baby” is WoZ. Games I let go were (all games were premium top notch and/or restored to perfection with all bells and whistles) MMr, IJPA, AlienLE, and LotR.

Quoted from Krupps4:

I can’t agree more. I’ve played all of the JJP pins (except GNR), but after owning Wonka I have greater respect for the entire JJP lineup. All pins are fun - Stern, Spooky, etc. - but I really think JJP pins outclass them all. There is just a plus+ factor with all the JJP pins. Put it this way, if I could only own pins from one manufacturer, I’d take the JJP pins. I know they cost more than other pins, but in their case you do get what you pay for. My next pin will be another JJP pin. So, again, I am very impressed with Wonka and believe it is underrated and unfairly dismissed by many in the pin community.

Interesting point of view. I love my WOZ, and like my Wonka but I think my Sterns outplay both of them any day. I find JJP games not the best "playing" games but they are a visual feast.

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think my Sterns outplay both of them any day. I find JJP games not the best "playing" games but they are a visual feast.

As a general statement, I don’t really disagree with your opinion of how JJP pins play compared Stern pins. I love Stern pins. However, if I was forced to pick only one company from which I could have three pins, I’d take JJP over Stern.

#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

As a general statement, I don’t really disagree with your opinion of how JJP pins play compared Stern pins. I love Stern pins. However, if I was forced to pick only one company from which I could have three pins, I’d take JJP over Stern.

Yea it would be a tough call. But with my statement, Wonka has been the most played in my collection of four since I bought it last February.. Something about it keep me coming back...

#6814 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I hope he adds more GI lighting during Oompa Loompa Odyssey on the next code update.
Even with my pinstadiums it’s way too dark to track the balls unless you are playing under NFL stadium lights.
I emailed JJP this request and will cross my fingers.

Do you think this could be due to the pinstadiums? I don't have pinstadiums and it is plenty bright to see the ball. I'm wondering if your eyes are used to the super bright lighting and they don't adjust for that mode since it's so different with the lights off?

#6815 3 years ago

Joining the club this week-end, I do not know much about this machine, played it a few times on route and enjoyed it. Just getting the Standard Edition, what are some of the must have mods for this machine? Also any tweaks required to get the game to play the best it can?

#6816 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Joining the club this week-end, I do not know much about this machine, played it a few times on route and enjoyed it. Just getting the Standard Edition, what are some of the must have mods for this machine? Also any tweaks required to get the game to play the best it can?

You have to light up left upper playfield where Wonkavator goes.And then I would put a shaker motor in from Pinball Life

#6817 3 years ago

I am still pretty new to Wonka... But I am almost positive my lights lit up 1,2,4 and then 3. But I was so excited perhaps I remember incorrectly.
Has anyone gotten all the tickets here?

Straight from Eric M at JJP -

The order of lights is: 1 - 2 - 5 - 3 - 4

#6818 3 years ago

So which ticket corresponds to those numbers? Or it doesnt matter?

Wonder why they did it like that..

#6819 3 years ago

Wow! Is there a magnet adjustment setting? Mine barely changes the trajectory and it definitely has never been strong enough to throw it back up the pf.

Was going to ask the same thing. I know you can on DI not sure about Wonka.

#6820 3 years ago

I put my gobstopper print on thingiverse. keeps the roller switch from sticking. Hope it works because I've never uploaded anything to thingiverse. Its free and non commercial/share alike. Any remixes please distribute free as well. Thanks.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4675550
r/
Mike

20201014_100924 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100924 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#6821 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Do you think this could be due to the pinstadiums? I don't have pinstadiums and it is plenty bright to see the ball. I'm wondering if your eyes are used to the super bright lighting and they don't adjust for that mode since it's so different with the lights off?

I think that’s a pretty good thought! So I played several games last night and today and even w the stadiums off, the playfield is darker than I feel it should be during the mode.

#6822 3 years ago

Here is a pic of my second bar lit before the others. I am so confused. Perhaps it's random?

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca_share_media1607189165161_6741039944192242509 (resized).jpegUSER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca_share_media1607189165161_6741039944192242509 (resized).jpeg
#6823 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I think that’s a pretty good thought! So I played several games last night and today and even w the stadiums off, the playfield is darker than I feel it should be during the mode.

I agree it's too dark. And I normally play with no ambient light. This mode pushed me over the edge to get my first set of NEOs. And guess what? The way I wired it, the NEOs don't even come on in the mode.

#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I put my gobstopper print on thingiverse. keeps the roller switch from sticking. Hope it works because I've never uploaded anything to thingiverse. Its free and non commercial/share alike. Any remixes please distribute free as well. Thanks.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4675550
r/
Mike
[quoted image]

Can we buy it?

#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Can we buy it?

It's free. No buying needed.
Do you have or know anyone with a 3d printer? I don't sell things and who's to say the metal on yours is the exact same size as mine. That's why it's easier to just share the file because it may need to be tweaked for your particular application. It's kind of a custom fit thing and not a generic mod like most are. It actually fits over the metal and surrounds it like a picture frame. Mine happened to snap right in place and I didn't need to add any tape or anything.

#6826 3 years ago

I downloaded the file, went to Treatstock.com, selected a 3d printing service, uploaded the file to the provider I selected and 2 hours later it was done and out into the mail to me. All for less than $10. I just have to paint it when I get it. Easy peasy.

#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Anyone know where I can get a decent resolution version of the game map that is in the manual? I would like to print out a large version but the one in the manual gets blurry when you blow it up.

Anyone know where you can get a decent version of the game rules map that is in the manual to print larger?

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Anyone know where you can get a decent version of the game rules map that is in the manual to print larger?

I too would love a copy of this!

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

There's this one http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Rules_Jan20.pdf

I can blow it up large and it stays clear.

#6830 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

There's this one http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/WW_Rules_Jan20.pdf
I can blow it up large and it stays clear.

Perfect, THANK YOU!

#6831 3 years ago

Anyone else still waiting for their warranty Wonka playfields? I opened my case with JJP over a year ago, have checked on status since, told "I'm still on the list"...but still continue to wait with no updates! Mine is so bad the apron even dug into the clear down to the bare wood from the factory. I brought in my vendor (PinballStar) to the conversation, hoping they could leverage their relationship with JJP, and really no help from them either. Really disappointing for my first NIB pinball purchase, and honestly overlooked GNR because of it. Just trying to gauge if this is normal support for NIB warranty issues? I recall seeing some receive their replacements, but anyone recently? Feel free to PM me if you rather.

#6832 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Anyone else still waiting for their warranty Wonka playfields? I opened my case with JJP over a year ago, have checked on status since, told "I'm still on the list"...but still continue to wait with no updates! Mine is so bad the apron even dug into the clear down to the bare wood from the factory. I brought in my vendor (PinballStar) to the conversation, hoping they could leverage their relationship with JJP, and really no help from them either. Really disappointing for my first NIB pinball purchase, and honestly overlooked GNR because of it. Just trying to gauge if this is normal support for NIB warranty issues? I recall seeing some receive their replacements, but anyone recently? Feel free to PM me if you rather.

The reality of this is that the playfield manufacturer controls the timeline not JJP.

#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting point of view. I love my WOZ, and like my Wonka but I think my Sterns outplay both of them any day. I find JJP games not the best "playing" games but they are a visual feast.

So I own a dialed in which I love, and just ordered a NIB Jurassic Park. I think Sterns give me more ball control (good luck post passing on DILE) and play faster, while DILE is more of a smoother flowy experience. My plan is to always have one of each companies.

#6834 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The reality of this is that the playfield manufacturer controls the timeline not JJP.

The reality is I didn’t buy a brand new $10k warrantied pinball machine from a single playfield manufacturer.

#6835 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

The reality is I didn’t buy a brand new $10k warrantied pinball machine from a single playfield manufacturer.

Yes but a single playfield manufacturer is involved and is the one making the replacement playfields. That's what it comes down to in the end.

#6836 3 years ago

Yes but a single playfield manufacturer is involved and is the one making the replacement playfields. That's what it comes down to in the end.

I disagree, it comes down to JJP making good on this warranty one way or another. Right now they are just passing the buck.

Other industries don’t work this way. Imagine if you bought a Tesla and the screen didn’t work. Sorry Mr. customer screens are made by another manufacturer your SOL until they have time to make you a new one. Meanwhile they are cranking out new car after new car.

It’s bullshit, that shouldn’t be defended.

#6837 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I disagree, it comes down to JJP making good on this warranty one way or another. Right now they are just passing the buck.
Other industries don’t work this way. Imagine if you bought a Tesla and the screen didn’t work. Sorry Mr. customer screens are made by another manufacturer your SOL until they have time to make you a new one. Meanwhile they are cranking out new car after new car.

Fine. There is no debate here. The playfield manufacturer has been making and shipping in playfields and JJP has been distributing them. There are very few folks left waiting but there are some. The remaining folks will get the playfields they were promised. It would be different if half the people were still waiting or something like that but in reality there are not too many and everyone will get a playfield who is waiting for one. Beyond that the discussion is largely useless.

#6838 3 years ago

PinballStar still advertises Wonka’s for sale, so there must be new playfields available? Someone is making GNR playfields. Perhaps we should all contact Mirco and ask where our playfields are?? Better yet, why isn’t JJP doing that?

#6839 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

PinballStar still advertises Wonka’s for sale, so there must be new playfields available? Someone is making GNR playfields. Perhaps we should all contact Mirco and ask where our playfields are?? Better yet, why isn’t JJP doing that?

There are new Wonka games that were already made with playfields in them. No Wonkas are on the line. JJP talks to Mirco every day almost. If not every day then several times a week. This is taking longer than expected but it is getting there. Last wave was POTC playfields so I would anticipate Wonkas next time but I have no control over it. As usual I am here trying to offer some perspective and reassurance and as usual it isn't helping. I understand if you are frustrated waiting but everyone will get a playfield that is waiting for one, that much I know.

#6840 3 years ago

Fine. There is no debate here. The playfield manufacturer has been making and shipping in playfields and JJP has been distributing them. There are very few folks left waiting but there are some. The remaining folks will get the playfields they were promised. It would be different if half the people were still waiting or something like that but in reality there are not too many and everyone will get a playfield who is waiting for one. Beyond that the discussion is largely useless.

I think part of the problem here if I understood correctly, is the large number of crickets. If things are held up, communication (however disappointing its content may be) is *very* important. Perhaps a note to all owners that have an outstanding issue that is months old should get a regular update.

I know emails are really expensive and hard to write though.

#6841 3 years ago

The post wasn’t about everyone else, it was about one customers issue. Which was dismissed as a supply chain problem. You have to recognize that after 1.5 years, the optics of this while as Mavantix points out.. there are new Wonkas and GNRs being sold all the time. JJP posts on social media rows and rows of new games. How does the customer not feel like their issue with a current game doesn’t matter at all?

Not to mention the fact that just getting an unpopulated playfield is also a BS pacifier.

“Here Mr. Tesla owner sorry your screens broke, we will ship you a new one in 1.5 years. Oh btw you have to disassemble the old unit transfer all the parts and install it yourself. Good luck and you should be thankful!!”

Keep alienating one customer at a time as you just did, eventually it will catch up with you.

#6842 3 years ago

Obviously I'm dreaming here, but I think a better answer would have been-

Unfortunately the playfield manufacturing is out of our control. We realize this is unacceptable and would like to make up for it by sending a populated playfield when they are finally ready (this should have been the case either way).

It may not be your fault there is an issue, but it's still your problem. Offering no compensation, little communication and in the end passing the buck isn't acceptable. By the way, I'm one of the "Not too many". Ha!.

#6843 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Obviously I'm dreaming here, but I think a better answer would have been-
Unfortunately the playfield manufacturing is out of our control. We realize this is unacceptable and would like to make up for it by sending a populated playfield when they are finally ready (this should have been the case either way).
It may not be your fault there is an issue, but it's still your problem. Offering no compensation, little communication and in the end passing the buck isn't acceptable. By the way, I'm one of the "Not too many". Ha!.

Think about that - suppose that was done. What happens to everyone who didn't get that perk? Were I one of the others I would be pissed. At the end of the day there is no point in my debating this - as usual I should have thought about that before answering but I was clumsily trying to help. Soon the playfields will all be distributed and then the next issue can come to be debated.

#6844 3 years ago

I just came here looking for answers since the email chain direct with PinballStar and JJP has been radio silent, sans my one status inquiry in the entire time...I have been very patiently waiting. You can look through my entire post history, I've never once questioned this experience here, or anywhere public. I didn't come here to start a fight, but put yourself in my place though, and imagine this was the factory tour you got with your winning golden ticket?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure we've met yet you use my real name...who are you?

#6845 3 years ago

Think about that - suppose that was done. What happens to everyone who didn't get that perk? Were I one of the others I would be pissed. At the end of the day there is no point in my debating this - as usual I should have thought about that before answering Ken but I was clumsily trying to help. Soon the playfields will all be distributed and then the next issue can come to be debated.

I’ll leave it at this. I don’t see replacing defective parts as a perk, I see it as a responsibility of the manufacturer. Glad you’re close to making Mavantix whole, but I’m astonished at your responses as someone tied to the company.

Clear is starting to bubble around the post edges of my GNR, not looking forward to going through this nightmare myself.

Glad my Wonka is gone.

#6846 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I just came here looking for answers since the email chain direct with PinballStar and JJP has been radio silent, sans my one status inquiry in the entire time...I have been very patiently waiting. You can look through my entire post history, I've never once questioned this experience here, or anywhere public. I didn't come here to start a fight, but put yourself in my place though, and imagine this was the factory tour you got with your winning golden ticket?
I'm sorry, I'm not sure we've met yet you use my real name...who are you?

Steve Zamonski
You and I have talked and emailed several times. I have answered your questions on this issue before.

#6847 3 years ago

Steve Zamonski
You and I have talked and emailed several times. I have answered your questions on this issue before.

Ahh. Thanks for all the info. Yep, you sure have, the last two emails I have from you on Oct 23, 2019 and Aug 25, 2020 ... looking forward to the resolution.

#6848 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Ahh. Thanks for all the info. Yep, you sure have, the last two emails I have from you on Oct 23, 2019 and Aug 25, 2020 ... looking forward to the resolution.

And I went back and took your name out of the earlier post. My mistake.

#6849 3 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

A better analogy would be:

"We're sorry the tires we shipped your car didn't last as expected. Please continue to drive until they are bare, and then replace them with this complimentary set."

#6850 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A better analogy would be:
"We're sorry the tires we shipped your car didn't last as expected. Please continue to drive until they are bare, and then replace them with this complimentary set."

Just about anyone can change a tire in a few hours.. a playfield swap on a game as complex as Wonka is no easy feat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 91.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/137?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.