IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 278.
#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Thanks for the music comments. I guess I'm nervous because I didn't think music bothered me until I got Munsters. The gameplay on this I really like, but I usually end up playing with the sound off and whack some music on in the background. There's only so many times I can hear theme song music like that! OTOH, my GoT I love because the music is so cinematic, it really draws me in and adds to the appeal. I often crank that right up. Hard to know until you've owned it a while, but I do find myself gravitating to pins with good sound (TNA is another I love, probably because of this).

What’s interesting is that I own munsters and the music is in the plus column for me. Love the guitar based ventures/dick dale sound track on it. One of the reasons I bought it.

Goes to show you that music is subjective as we all know.

That said, I do feel as though Wonka’s soundtrack (for me at least) fades into the background as I play. It’s adds atmosphere without being front and center.

#6752 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

does it get a lot of play in larger collections?

Not sure if my seven pins counts as a larger collection, but Wonka gets played the most, even more than EHoH. For me personally, I’d say it’s an even split between EHoH and Wonka. I really like Wonka a lot. I think it gets some unfair criticism due to the crazy hype at release.

#6753 3 years ago

A couple of random questions:

- I installed some NEOs and wanted to check how everyone's flasher connection to the shaker motor is working. Is something suppose to happen when my shaker motor goes off? My lights don't flash at all when the shaker motor is going. Is it suppose to? I assume it should, but I am a newbie relative to pinstadiums. And where are you guys plugging in the GI and Flashers? Any different locations than what the instructions recommended?

- Is the Oompa Loompa mode suppose to be that dark? I like to play with no lights on and can barely see the balls in that mode and my NEOs are off in that mode.

- Again with the dark room, the picture taken at the end is also very dark because the game turn off all the pf lights when you are entering your initials. On my DI, even with all the room lights off, the glow of the playfield provides enough light to take a decent pic. Any suggestions other than to turn on some dang lights?

I have been putting a lot games on WW, and it's even better than I thought!

#6754 3 years ago

how is owning this pin? does it get a lot of play in larger collections?
I used to think DI was meh until I got it in my home and now it's my favorite machine. is Wonka the same?

Yes!

#6755 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Coin door key ? Or backbox key hanging on a hook inside the coin door ?
LTG : )

Good idea; thank you. I never knew the locks were keyed differently.

#6756 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

A couple of random questions:
- I installed some NEOs and wanted to check how everyone's flasher connection to the shaker motor is working. Is something suppose to happen when my shaker motor goes off? My lights don't flash at all when the shaker motor is going. Is it suppose to? I assume it should, but I am a newbie relative to pinstadiums. And where are you guys plugging in the GI and Flashers? Any different locations than what the instructions recommended?
- Is the Oompa Loompa mode suppose to be that dark? I like to play with no lights on and can barely see the balls in that mode and my NEOs are off in that mode.
- Again with the dark room, the picture taken at the end is also very dark because the game turn off all the pf lights when you are entering your initials. On my DI, even with all the room lights off, the glow of the playfield provides enough light to take a decent pic. Any suggestions other than to turn on some dang lights?
I have been putting a lot games on WW, and it's even better than I thought!

I agree 100% that Oompa Loompa odyssey is too dark. I dim my game room lights so that the lights in the machine are the primary light source. It’s darn near impossible to see the balls during Oompa Loompa odyssey under this lighting condition. The playfield lights cycle red and green and the G.I. lighting flashes only briefly during the mode. I’ve resorted to placing a spotlight above my wonka that I turn on Whenever I get Oompa Loompa odyssey going. It definitely helps.

Wish the JJP team would consider reprogramming the G.I. to remain on during this mode on a future code update.

As far as your neos go I have them on mine as well and have the secondary light source connected to my shaker motor. Bear in mind your secondary light source is the UV light. So the UV light is what is flashing with the shaker motor not the main leds. It’s a subtle but I think an effective effect.

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I agree 100% that Oompa Loompa odyssey is too dark. I dim my game room lights so that the lights in the machine are the primary light source. It’s darn near impossible to see the balls during Oompa Loompa odyssey under this lighting condition. The playfield lights cycle red and green and the G.I. lighting flashes only briefly during the mode. I’ve resorted to placing a spotlight above my wonka that I turn on Whenever I get Oompa Loompa odyssey going. It definitely helps.
Wish the JJP team would consider reprogramming the G.I. to remain on during this mode on a future code update.
As far as your neos go I have them on mine as well and have the secondary light source connected to my shaker motor. Bear in mind your secondary light source is the UV light. So the UV light is what is flashing with the shaker motor not the main leds. It’s a subtle but I think an effective effect.

Glad to know I am not the only one that thinks it's too dark. Fingers crossed they will fix it in an updated code.

I didn't realize the secondary was UV lights. It makes sense now.

Thanks!

#6758 3 years ago

Speaking of updated code, any rumors about any updates? Except for minor fixes, I’m assuming it’s done, done.

#6759 3 years ago

Wouldn’t it be neat if (wonka bar RANSOM) was an actual ransom for your wonka bars? Similar to the movie...
Each lit ramp could trigger a callout and after enough ramps it would award say 50bars or if you fail they take 50 from you.

-callouts for wonka bar ransom:

Detective: “go ahead we’re listening”(at start)
Detective: “Ah ha”(each ramp)
Woman: “How long will they give me to think it over”(middle of mode)
Detective: “They want your case of wonka bars!” (middle or end)

This just blends well and makes sense if ransom was played that way.(its just slightly underwhelming as is)

I hope they give this game another update with more callouts and other tweaks.

#6760 3 years ago

I used to think DI was meh until I got it in my home and now it's my favorite machine. is Wonka the same?

YUP

#6761 3 years ago

As others have said... absolutely!

#6762 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

My concern is the ridiculous tight gap between the playfield and the interior sides of the cabinet. Barely enough room for a couple sheets of paper.

The mirror blades fit fine in wonka, there was a bit of an issue just getting out the pivot bolt of the backbox hinge since this is a new game and I did need to move the play field over just a bit during the install, it is easy to move once the playfield is up leaning against the backbox.

I used carpet tape, as I've done on all my mirror blade installs, and glad I did, the screws stuck out just a bit that prevented the play field from laying down flat. On a good note, when lifting the play field for whatever reasons, no issues at all. No scratches etc. Brightens the game up nicely and adds more depth to an already awesome playfield.

#6763 3 years ago

Wonka gets the most play here. Although I think DI is my favorite pin. I find Wonka very addicting and if I only play a single pin for the day it's usually Wonka.

#6764 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Wonka gets the most play here. Although I think DI is my favorite pin. I find Wonka very addicting and if I only play a single pin for the day it's usually Wonka.

DILE is my first pin and I’m debating a second. Between Wonka and JP. Wonka’s a blast.

#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

DILE is my first pin and I’m debating a second. Between Wonka and JP. Wonka’s a blast.

If you love di then u sld love Wonka... both are my top pins ever at this point in time.

#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I’ve owned both JPPrem and Wonka.

Wonka is the better pin, just as deep and much smoother shooter

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I had the JP pro and sold after a few months. Then got Wonka, no regrets. I thought JP was somewhat linier.
I hope you can play them both then decide.
Good luck.

#6768 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I had the JP pro and sold after a few months. Then got Wonka, no regrets. I thought JP was somewhat linier.
I hope you can play them both then decide.
Good luck.

Yah JP is a wood chopper to me.. I get why people like it but I find it a chore to play.

Wonka is way more fun.

#6769 3 years ago

Hey Wonka fans. Our first WW mod!

https://pinballmods.co/willy-wonka-pinball-jjp/wonkavision-stage-captive-ball-protector

We noticed there was an ongoing issue with the -04 plastic above the captive ball and took at the fix to another level. Not fans of printed plastics and empty spaces we found just the right fit for this area.

The Wonkavision stage replicates the scene in the movie with the large Wonka Bar being transmitted over the air in millions of tiny little pieces and reassembled at the other end.

This mod is almost too easy to install. A few screws/nuts to remove, put the stage in place and you're good to go. Made from extra thick and strong the stage will hold up to all kinds of abuse. The bars are made from a super strong resin for ultimate detail and strength. The bar is hand painted and coated in a UV protectant and sealant for long lasting finish and color.

WonkavisionStage (resized).jpgWonkavisionStage (resized).jpg
#6770 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hey Wonka fans. Our first WW mod!
https://pinballmods.co/willy-wonka-pinball-jjp/wonkavision-stage-captive-ball-protector
We noticed there was an ongoing issue with the -04 plastic above the captive ball and took at the fix to another level. Not fans of printed plastics and empty spaces we found just the right fit for this area.

Good call.. that was the only broken thing on the one I had.

Thought about replacing it but figured it would just break again.

#6771 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Speaking of updated code, any rumors about any updates? Except for minor fixes, I’m assuming it’s done, done.

In the beta code, Joe changed it so that you can't exploit getting Wonka bars as easy. You have to hit the switch in the lane next to the right sling in order to light the shot for hitting the target above the upper left flipper for the spinner Wonka bar hurry up. No more cradling on the right flipper to make that shot. It makes it a little tougher. That should be in the next release. Joe had mentioned and explained that coming change in a Buffalo Pinball stream a few months back too.

#6772 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

In the beta code, Joe changed it so that you can't exploit getting Wonka bars as easy. You have to hit the switch in the lane next to the right sling in order to light the shot for hitting the target above the upper left flipper for the spinner Wonka bar hurry up. No more cradling on the right flipper to make that shot. It makes it a little tougher. That should be in the next release. Joe had mentioned and explained that coming change in a Buffalo Pinball stream a few months back too.

I hope he adds more GI lighting during Oompa Loompa Odyssey on the next code update.

Even with my pinstadiums it’s way too dark to track the balls unless you are playing under NFL stadium lights.

I emailed JJP this request and will cross my fingers.

#6773 3 years ago

Has anyone experienced the issue with the ball entering the saucer and staying there?

Then the little zip sound just repeats and the ball fails to eject ??

It's a minor issue because the ball eventually comes out but its stalling the ejection for 10 seconds

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

It's a minor issue because the ball eventually comes out but its stalling the ejection for 10 seconds

Turn the coil power up a little. See if that helps.

LTG : )

#6775 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Has anyone experienced the issue with the ball entering the saucer and staying there?
Then the little zip sound just repeats and the ball fails to eject ??

Yep! Clean the opto.

#6776 3 years ago

Interesting, I read Chris of Kingpins games post in the Chicago Traders and Sellers that Wonka's other than CE's are sold out with many distributors in the midwest. I had no idea. Got mine in june, glad I did.

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Interesting, I read Chris of Kingpins games post in the Chicago Traders and Sellers that Wonka's other than CE's are sold out with many distributors in the midwest. I had no idea. Got mine in june, glad I did.

Yep!

I had a gut feeling that production might cease on them so I pulled the trigger.

Got mine in October and SOOO glad I did!

#6778 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Yep!
I had a gut feeling that production might cease on them so I pulled the trigger.
Got mine in October and SOOO glad I did!

It’s good to hear people are discovering this game.I have had mine for awhile and still digging it.

#6779 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s good to hear people are discovering this game.I have had mine for awhile and still digging it.

It took Pinside long enough

I think it's one of the best JJPs. Definitely the most addictive.

#6780 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the right most golden ticket?

Thx!

20201130_190207 (resized).jpg20201130_190207 (resized).jpg
#6781 3 years ago

Thx!
[quoted image]

Steve says Play Better!

#6782 3 years ago

Thx!
[quoted image]

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that is the Wonkavator Golden Ticket. I got 4 tickets once, and that was the one I couldn't finish.

#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Steve says Play Better!

I set myself up for that one!

Seriously though, what needs to be completed in the game to get that last golden ticket? Anyone?

#6784 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that is the Wonkavator Golden Ticket. I got 4 tickets once, and that was the one I couldn't finish.

I wish the golden tickets were labeled.

#6785 3 years ago

Seriously though, what needs to be completed in the game to get that last golden ticket? Anyone?

Hey man I was just messing with you of course.The most I've ever gotten is three tickets and almost had the fourth.
I believe he is correct above about it being the Wonkavator golden ticket?

#6787 3 years ago

The explanation at that link is really really helpful. Is there “players guide” anywhere that explains the rest of the pin rules as clearly? Of course, I have the flowchart which is helpful.

#6788 3 years ago

I wish the golden tickets were labeled.

Ive been saying this also.. Nobody seems to know which is which. I know the first one is Gumball Ticket.

#6789 3 years ago

Added Neo Pinstadium lights and Invisiglass thanks to Black Friday deals on my Wonka Standard. What a difference! I'm not a big fan of Pinstadium lights, but there is so much more art and colors visible now with them.

20201130_173931 (resized).jpg20201130_173931 (resized).jpg
#6791 3 years ago

I don't think they are labeled in the way you believe. They illuminate from left to right as you collect them. The 5th ticket could be a number of them.

#6792 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey man I was just messing with you of course.The most I've ever gotten is three tickets and almost had the fourth.
I believe he is correct above about it being the Wonkavator golden ticket?

I think the GT's light up left to right.....I've gotten 4 tickets several times and it its always been the right one that isn't lite....so its either Kid, wonkavator, gobstopper or completing all the modes. I'll have to pay attention next time

#6793 3 years ago

I am still pretty new to Wonka... But I am almost positive my lights lit up 1,2,4 and then 3. But I was so excited perhaps I remember incorrectly.

Has anyone gotten all the tickets here?

#6794 3 years ago

I am still pretty new to Wonka... But I am almost positive my lights lit up 1,2,4 and then 3. But I was so excited perhaps I remember incorrectly.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha no.

#6795 3 years ago

Most of us have never gotten more than one. Or if we got two we quickly screwed it up.

#6796 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Most of us have never gotten more than one. Or if we got two we quickly screwed it up.

The wife and I get 2 on an infrequent basis.

She got 3 once, which I still haven't gotten.

#6797 3 years ago

I've gotten all five a few times, but that's with the settings on the slightly easier setting. I think the last ones on the right is the Wonkavator and the second to last one is the factory modes.

#6798 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I've gotten all five a few times, but that's with the settings on the slightly easier setting. I think the last ones on the right is the Wonkavator and the second to last one is the factory modes.

Cheater!

#6799 3 years ago

Lol, I would never see the last two wizard modes otherwise.

#6800 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Lol, I would never see the last two wizard modes otherwise.

Ha just kidding

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/136?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.