• Standard 118 votes
    28%
  • Limited Edition 223 votes
    52%
  • Collectors Edition 86 votes
    20%

(427 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,038 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A34E80A4-3B83-40AB-9742-9B1BFF80F39A (resized).jpeg
860253BF-D75E-4CBD-A264-86724BAB2BFF (resized).jpeg
8A770792-33C6-4EF5-B160-54CC718A4D2B (resized).jpeg
3E006F6D-0F46-40DD-B6AE-A1A67CF64B1F (resized).jpeg
TestReport2 (resized).jpg
TestReport (resized).jpg
IMG_0250 (resized).jpg
20210117_232341[11927] (resized).jpg
DSC_3348 (resized).JPG
4851CF27-AD72-40E3-A1C3-CF532CE90B10 (resized).jpeg
4CE01672-E56A-4D70-8A33-0E224FDB993C.jpeg
44631CDA-F68B-42CF-B8FB-C3AA99804AB7.jpeg
8CB93C05-5CAA-4804-9105-D6E294859444 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6390 (resized).jpg
IMG_6653 3 (resized).JPG
switchadjust (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7278 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 146.
#6701 64 days ago

I was told they are "done" running these for all time.. anyone know if thats the case?

I have a chance to buy a standard so wondering if I should do it or If I can wait.

#6702 64 days ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I was told they are "done" running these for all time.. anyone know if thats the case?
I have a chance to buy a standard so wondering if I should do it or If I can wait.

My guess is the likelihood is high as they are probably at full capacity building GNR's the next 6 months and then they want to release their next title. That being said be done forever is anyone's guess

#6703 64 days ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I was looking around for an LE, but the only thing I could find left was old new stock and I didn’t want to take the pooling risk. So I closed my eyes and bought a late model CE. It should be here in a week or so. I’ve already ordered pinstadium neo’s for it (and WOZ, while I was at it). Any other must have mods? Once GNR shows up I’ll have the entire JJP line up. Unfortunately I don’t have a row long enough in my arcade to keep them all together . First world problem, I know. The arcade is keeping me sane this year while isolating.

I just got my CE last week and it was shipped directly from the factory. Build date was 12/23/19 on it. There is ZERO pooling, it is beautiful. I added the mushroom mods (4 each), mezel mods factory with pipe (I like how the wheel turns when the ball goes through it), lighted ramp signs, chocolate bars, color plastic protectors, mod couple wonkavator, and a set of Neo's...best mod out there. GUNSLE on the way.
20201113_172200 (resized).jpg20201120_145455 (resized).jpg20201120_145523 (resized).jpg20201120_145528 (resized).jpg

20201120_145625 (resized).jpg20201120_145602 (resized).jpg

#6704 64 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is the likelihood is high as they are probably at full capacity building GNR's the next 6 months and then they want to release their next title. That being said be done forever is anyone's guess

Gist I got was that it didnt sell great so odds are they wont run it again.

#6705 64 days ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just got my CE last week and it was shipped directly from the factory. Build date was 12/23/19 on it. There is ZERO pooling, it is beautiful. I added the mushroom mods (4 each), mezel mods factory with pipe (I like how the wheel turns when the ball goes through it), lighted ramp signs, chocolate bars, color plastic protectors, mod couple wonkavator, and a set of Neo's...best mod out there. GUNSLE on the way.

Wow, that’s quite the list! Thanks for sharing.

#6706 64 days ago

What's the consensus of when the pf issues were fixed?

I just noticed my newly arrived CE has the same birthday month and day as me! Must be meant to be. Lol

#6707 64 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Quoted from marioparty34:

What's the consensus of when the pf issues were fixed?
I just noticed my newly arrived CE has the same birthday month and day as me! Must be meant to be. Lol

I would say the common agreed date would be October 2019

#6708 63 days ago

I would appreciate if anyone could direct me to instructions (or photos, video etc.) that would provide better guidance on installing Cliffys on the Wonkavision and shooter. Better than the photos on Cliffy's page. Thank you.

#6709 61 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I would appreciate if anyone could direct me to instructions (or photos, video etc.) that would provide better guidance on installing Cliffys on the Wonkavision and shooter. Better than the photos on Cliffy's page. Thank you.

What is the wonkavision cliffy? I dont see anything on his website for Wonka..

#6710 61 days ago

Anyone have this happen? Its not the first time for me either haha.

20201106_190617 (resized).jpg
#6711 61 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone have this happen? Its not the first time for me either haha.
[quoted image]

Yep, the dreaded double stack ball lock feature.

I’ve had wonka about two months and have had this happen two or three times.

Use it to your advantage on a three (or more) ball multiball!

#6712 61 days ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Yep, the dreaded double stack ball lock feature.
I’ve had wonka about two months and have had this happen two or three times.
Use it to your advantage on a three (or more) ball multiball!

Exactly, and I do! haha

#6713 61 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is the wonkavision cliffy? I dont see anything on his website for Wonka..

It's on his "see what's new page" hotlink at top of his main page.

a third of the way down on this page you can see his wonka setup.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#6714 61 days ago

Just put mirror blades on my new Wonka from cointaker. Great addition for sure. I originally ordered the JJP ones, but those won’t work. Guess they changed how they make their cabinets after WOZ. Mellissa at cointaker mailed next day FedEx Williams ones and they worked perfectly for this machine since the backbox hinge bolts are protuding like the old Bally/Williams DMD games.

Could not be happier with the results and the customer service

99C7E84E-610D-4CC3-B320-64939C42F945 (resized).jpeg
#6715 60 days ago

I just installed a shaker in my WW SE and for some reason can’t find the shaker settings in the menu. Can someone please point me to where it is at? I must be blind... Thanks in advance.

#6716 60 days ago

I like the mirror blades in Willy better tha art,looks great

#6717 60 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I just installed a shaker in my WW SE and for some reason can’t find the shaker settings in the menu. Can someone please point me to where it is at?

Should be in Settings - Coils.

LTG : )

#6718 60 days ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

can’t find the shaker settings in the menu. Can someone please point me to where it is at?

Quoted from LTG:

Should be in Settings - Coils.

Settings - Coils - Trough etc, then General - the 2nd section down. Maximum Shaker Strength.

#6719 60 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - Trough etc, then General - the 2nd section down. Maximum Shaker Strength.

Thanks Lloyd. When I first looked at the Coil Settings a warning came up that said do not change unless you are having a problem so I backed right out. Haha. Thanks again.

#6720 60 days ago

are there any "official" art blades for Wonka? If not, which ones tend to look best?

#6721 60 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

are there any "official" art blades for Wonka? If not, which ones tend to look best?

I’d like this info as well...considering art blades myself, but now thinks about mirror blades after jetmechannic’s post. They look pretty cool!

My concern is the ridiculous tight gap between the playfield and the interior sides of the cabinet. Barely enough room for a couple sheets of paper.

#6722 60 days ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I’d like this info as well...considering art blades myself, but now thinks about mirror blades after jetmechannic’s post. They look pretty cool!
My concern is the ridiculous tight gap between the playfield and the interior sides of the cabinet. Barely enough room for a couple sheets of paper.

I tried mirrored blades on my Wonka and there was zero chance they would fit.....

#6723 60 days ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

JOERAPTOR2003 just sent an email for pingraffix black friday sale. PINTURKEY2 for 20%off. He makes some pretty cool pinblades for Wonka.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-willy-wonka-pinblades
r/
Mike

#6724 60 days ago

Finally got to Wonkas office! Fun but seemed to end short and not due to drains. 3 golden tickets and about 350 wonka bars.. Got me just under 10.5 million!

Woo hooooo!

#6725 60 days ago

Does anyone know the Golden Ticket order on the playfield? I know I got gumball and factory tour but wasnt sure what the other lit one was. Too much multiball to pay attention to the screen...

#6726 60 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I tried mirrored blades on my Wonka and there was zero chance they would fit.....

I bought mine from here and they fit. It's tight, but I've had no problems and the results are great. With these type you can just buff out any scratch you get.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#6727 60 days ago

Wondering if you owners can comment on the music for Wonka - I'm contemplating adding it to my collection but worried the soundtrack will grind on me after a while. It's specifically why I wouldn't seek a WOZ, "I'm off to see the Wizard" at the start of every game would just drive me up the walls lol.

#6728 60 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Wondering if you owners can comment on the music for Wonka

I’m sure you’ve read a lot of complaints about the music, but I don’t have any issues with it whatsoever. I can think of other pins with music that would get old much faster. BKSoR quickly comes to mind and I say that as a fan of all types of music, including metal music. If you have doubts, pull up a stream and listen for yourself. Wonka is a fantastic pin. The fact that it got overhyped at the outset, in my opinion, unfairly tainted many people’s opinions.

#6729 60 days ago

Awesome thanks for that. I'm finding it hard to hear the music with streams (either glass is off or not mic'd well), can you independently adjust the music and callout/fx volume do you know?

#6730 59 days ago

After a few games on my NIB Wonka, I felt my left my flipper was weak. I could barely make it up the right ramp on a perfect shot. I tried to increase the coil strength to max in the settings and even adjusted the switch thinking it may engage too early. None of that worked.

I was getting frustrated until I noticed the coil was missing it's sleeve so there was too much wiggle room. I would have never thought it would be missing a sleeve on a NIB JJP pin! Thank goodness I had a spare. Works great now!

Posting this just in case, someone else notices weak flippers right out of the box.

#6731 59 days ago

I just wrote a glowing paean to Wonka’s LCD screen in another thread, and started wondering if the screen shows progress on Kid and Wonkavator MBs? Who’s jackpots you’ve hit, how many SJs, etc? Like the Gobstoppers indicated how many supers you e achieved?

I know “instant info” will tell you these things, but the LCD probably could too. Does it?

Oh, and the music doesn’t get old for me at all. In fact I like it for the fact it’s pretty low key and pleasant. Not an ear worm.

The whole game it s just a delight. Totally different vibe than any other game, including WOZ. Outside of the “magical theme” essence of both games - and the lighting - they are totally different games in my opinion.

#6732 59 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Wondering if you owners can comment on the music for Wonka - I'm contemplating adding it to my collection but worried the soundtrack will grind on me after a while. It's specifically why I wouldn't seek a WOZ, "I'm off to see the Wizard" at the start of every game would just drive me up the walls lol.

I would think that could be an issue for every game.

#6733 59 days ago

The one I had for a while and any other one I played had issues with the gobstopper eject.

Basically took forever to get the ball out and or went into ball search every time.

Seems like its just a bad design since ball comes out weird and gets stuck easily... (I know there are various fixes for it).

Just wondering if anyone ever had one that "worked great" out of box or if they ever did anything to address the issue.

#6734 59 days ago

Just wondering if anyone ever had one that "worked great" out of box or if they ever did anything to address the issue.

I do. After I upped the strength to 22 on the gobstopper lock release in Settings - Coils.

#6735 59 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do. After I upped the strength to 22 on the gobstopper lock release in Settings - Coils.

I tried all that and the one I had just didnt work... it worked maybe a tad better but still hung up often.

Since it was a short term thing I wasnt about to rip it apart and see whats what.

Thinking of getting another one but obviously want to avoid that hassle.

#6736 59 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I hear what your saying, but it doesn't bother me at all, and I find it pleasant (its not a music theme i.e. GNR). I of course love the theme so theres that. This game has a lot of flow and WOZ essentially has zero flow (in my opinion) so they are very different games.

#6737 59 days ago

Howdy,

Im new to JJP; and I just received a NIB LE...and I literally just set it up. Im playing with glass off to see if there are any places of 'issue'...hang-ups, etc. I have two things going on.

1) Ball gets hung up on the right lane that feeds the lower left flipper. The ball really slows down in order to get through the rubbers then it hits the switch and stops. That I think is easily remedied.

2) Under the Wonkavision there is a path to a popper. The ball falls in the hole but will not eject until the game goes into 'find the ball mode'. I thought I found the issue to be a stretched wire harness slightly disconnecting the sensor...I unplugged it and reconnected it but to no avail. Is there any LED indicator on the sensor to indicate power?

Thanks.

#6738 59 days ago
Quoted from smoke20:

Howdy,
Im new to JJP; and I just received a NIB LE...and I literally just set it up. Im playing with glass off to see if there are any places of 'issue'...hang-ups, etc. I have two things going on.
1) Ball gets hung up on the right lane that feeds the lower left flipper. The ball really slows down in order to get through the rubbers then it hits the switch and stops. That I think is easily remedied.
2) Under the Wonkavision there is a path to a popper. The ball falls in the hole but will not eject until the game goes into 'find the ball mode'. I thought I found the issue to be a stretched wire harness slightly disconnecting the sensor...I unplugged it and reconnected it but to no avail. Is there any LED indicator on the sensor to indicate power?
Thanks.

For #2 - Go into the switch matrix and see if that switch is being activated so the game knows the ball is there. I can tell you now, it's not working. Then move the switch by hand to see if it works. If it does, then adjust (bend) it up so the ball hits it. If it doesn't activate by hand, look underneath and check all connections.

#6739 59 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

For #2 - Go into the switch matrix and see if that switch is being activated so the game knows the ball is there. I can tell you now, it's not working. Then move the switch by hand to see if it works. If it does, then adjust (bend) it up so the ball hits it. If it doesn't activate by hand, look underneath and check all connections.

It’s a reflective opto the only one in the game. You don’t want the ball to hit it. Wipe down the opto itself - it won’t work by finger because it’s reflective - it needs to see the pinball. Clean the opto and wipe down the pinballs.

#6740 59 days ago

I tried all that and the one I had just didnt work... it worked maybe a tad better but still hung up often.
Since it was a short term thing I wasnt about to rip it apart and see whats what.
Thinking of getting another one but obviously want to avoid that hassle.

DM me I’ll get you the replacement switch actuator if you don’t already have it.

#6741 59 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Lots of “hate” for Wonka music. Most common statement I find is “it sounds like a slot machine”.

I am SOOOO happy I didn’t let the negativity sway my decision!

I watched lots of YouTube videos and really feel the music is perfect! Like someone else stated it is background music that is wonkaesque and not a grinding ear worm!

More importantly, It does not get in the way of the call outs.

Speaking of call outs, they tend to get a bad rap as well on wonka. This is utter crap as I feel the call outs are very well done. There is, I feel, the right amount and they don’t get in the way of each other. I’m also glad that they don’t play many voice clips with the videos as those would compete with the call outs. I’m playing a pinball machine not watching a movie and the call outs are what guide me to my next shot not the actors chattering on screen.

I’ve had the game about two months but it’s trending to be my favorite game of all time...it’s that good!

#6742 59 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It’s a reflective opto the only one in the game. You don’t want the ball to hit it. Wipe down the opto itself - it won’t work by finger because it’s reflective - it needs to see the pinball. Clean the opto and wipe down the pinballs.

I get it. Although I did wipe the balls, I did not shine them. I will try some Novus. Thanks, this is very interesting. I have some Zeiss lens wipes and I will touch up the optos, too.

Appreciate this feedback; love learning.

#6743 59 days ago

So, in trying to troubleshoot the opto switch in the popper under Wonkavision. I cleaned the balls again. I wiped the opto sensors with a Zeiss lens cleaning cloth. Didn't help. I tried TESTS - switch matrix. This is new to me so I am not clear what to do. But, in this screen I saw that switch 65 (my problem opto switch) was purple on the test matrix screen. I then dropped a ball into the hole and nothing happened. Did I perform this test correctly?

BTW, I almost created a new problem by almost breaking the key off in the lock on the backbox. That thing is not opening. I am actually a graduate EE and this game is making me feel stupid...

#6744 59 days ago
Quoted from smoke20:

BTW, I almost created a new problem by almost breaking the key off in the lock on the backbox. That thing is not opening. I am actually a graduate EE and this game is making me feel stupid...

Coin door key ? Or backbox key hanging on a hook inside the coin door ?

#6745 59 days ago

Thanks for the music comments. I guess I'm nervous because I didn't think music bothered me until I got Munsters. The gameplay on this I really like, but I usually end up playing with the sound off and whack some music on in the background. There's only so many times I can hear theme song music like that! OTOH, my GoT I love because the music is so cinematic, it really draws me in and adds to the appeal. I often crank that right up. Hard to know until you've owned it a while, but I do find myself gravitating to pins with good sound (TNA is another I love, probably because of this).

#6746 59 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I guess I'm nervous because I didn't think music bothered me until I got Munsters.

I guess if you are that concerned about the music in the Wonka pin, then maybe it’s not the best choice for you. There a lot of great pins out there right now. I’m sure one of them fits your profile musically. Go with that and reduce the stress in your life.

Maybe consider Dialed In. It’s another JJP Pat Lawlor.

#6747 59 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Thanks for the music comments. I guess I'm nervous because I didn't think music bothered me until I got Munsters. The gameplay on this I really like, but I usually end up playing with the sound off and whack some music on in the background. There's only so many times I can hear theme song music like that! OTOH, my GoT I love because the music is so cinematic, it really draws me in and adds to the appeal. I often crank that right up. Hard to know until you've owned it a while, but I do find myself gravitating to pins with good sound (TNA is another I love, probably because of this).

TBH ive never even noticed the default music, so thats a good sign I guess.

#6748 59 days ago

I'd be all for a POTC but trying to find one is nigh on impossible

#6749 59 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I'd be all for a POTC but trying to find one is nigh on impossible

Not sure if you have any pins yet, but for the price of a POTC you could get two really good pins. POTC is a big pin to start a collection with, especially if you don’t have any experience with working on/tweaking pins.

#6750 59 days ago

how is owning this pin? does it get a lot of play in larger collections?

I used to think DI was meh until I got it in my home and now it's my favorite machine. is Wonka the same?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 12,500.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Wanted
$ 7,500.00
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Wanted
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 337.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 27.50
Machine - For Sale
Albany, NY
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7278 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 146.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside