IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 279.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Wow, and that all has to be done during the same multiball? So essentially, you need to have all 5 kids qualified, then kid multiball for all 5 kids to try and earn this? Sounds impossible ha.

You can get each kid individually, but it must be in that multiball that you get your kids who are qualified (tells you which ones and what to shoot on the Wonka vision screen). Progress does carry over throughout all of the game. I personally like to try running 2 kids at a time so I don’t get stressed having 6 balls and having everything to shoot. After you play through each of the kids you can re-qualify them and get their jackpots if you missed them on the first time around. The trickiest one is the super jackpot cause you must hit 5 kid jackpots in one kid multiball then hit the kid multi ball target (flash rainbow colors) to collect the super. If you miss it, it does not carry over and you must collect 5 kid jackpots again from the top the next time you start kid multiball.

#6602 3 years ago

Question:

Just got my CE and having some freezing on the gobstopper hole disk that turns. You can hear the motor energizes but it will not move past the position. I went into the test mode and it turns both ways without any issue. Is there a setting I should adjust to add more power to the turn? Help LTG

Thanks,
Kidchrisso

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Question:
Just got my CE and having some freezing on the gobstopper hole disk that turns. You can hear the motor energizes but it will not move past the position. I went into the test mode and it turns both ways without any issue. Is there a setting I should adjust to add more power to the turn? Help ltg
Thanks,
Kidchrisso

Rotate it by hand w game power off if you feel more resistance in any one spot then it’s binding. Loosen philips screw at bottom of assy and free it up a bit.

#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I think they should do this and then maybe make an option to randomize which Wizard mode unlocks with each golden ticket achieved. I suppose you could keep Pure Imagination for last, but it would be really great to have the first ticket randomly activate, say, Most Secret Machine or Wonka's Office mode instead of always being Oompa Loompa Odyssey (even though that is awesome).

Have you tried Game Settings -> Golden Tickets -> Random Golden Ticket Modes ?

#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Holy shit, this is a thing?

#6606 3 years ago

Oh hmmm, might only be in the beta. Well, it will be a thing sometime!

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

You can get each kid individually, but it must be in that multiball that you get your kids who are qualified (tells you which ones and what to shoot on the Wonka vision screen). Progress does carry over throughout all of the game. I personally like to try running 2 kids at a time so I don’t get stressed having 6 balls and having everything to shoot. After you play through each of the kids you can re-qualify them and get their jackpots if you missed them on the first time around. The trickiest one is the super jackpot cause you must hit 5 kid jackpots in one kid multiball then hit the kid multi ball target (flash rainbow colors) to collect the super. If you miss it, it does not carry over and you must collect 5 kid jackpots again from the top the next time you start kid multiball.

Ok I see. Definitely a challenge to get that golden ticket.

And I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I have the hardest time trying to hit that "Kid" target.

#6608 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

And I dont know about the rest of you guys, but I have the hardest time trying to hit that "Kid" target.

I love that shot!I’m able to hit it with more regularity when the ball comes down the right inline.

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Rotate it by hand w game power off if you feel more resistance in any one spot then it’s binding. Loosen philips screw at bottom of assy and free it up a bit.

Will do. TY!

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yeah that’s a tricky shot for me too. Big drain hazard if your aim is off!

Lately I’ve been targeting it almost every time my right flipper is fed. Just trying to practice hitting it to improve my make percentage. I’m getting better each day, but still not where I need to be just yet.

This game is magic!

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I love that shot!I’m able to hit it with more regularity when the ball comes down the right inline.

Quoted from SBrothers:

Yeah that’s a tricky shot for me too. Big drain hazard if your aim is off!
Lately I’ve been targeting it almost every time my right flipper is fed. Just trying to practice hitting it to improve my make percentage. I’m getting better each day, but still not where I need to be just yet.
This game is magic!

Yea Im going to work on that shot. Its also helpful when kid is unlit, in order to be able to shoot the spinner without relying on the diverter from the gobstopper ramp.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Short answer is no. This was Joe Katz' reply when someone else asked the exact question you are asking as I understand it.
Question: @PinballKatz if you combine Super Spinner with Super X (let’s say SuperX 3x), will it collect 3 Wonka Bars per spin during the time when these two things run concurrently?
Joe's answer: Super x will only effect scoring for super spinner right now not bars collected. edit recalling a conversation we had at one time regarding this exact situation and we deemed it to powerful.
That was July 2019 and I'm not aware of any update increasing or changing this.
Some stuff on Wonka Bars:
-Shooting the left ramp will award 1 Wonka Bar, shooting the right ramp will collect 2 Wonka Bars, while shooting the center ramp will collect 3 Wonka Bars. Along with the aforementioned features, Wonka Bars also determine scoring during the Computer Ticket mode “Wonka Bar Craze”. Along with being shown on the display, the numbers in front of the left lane correspond to the number of Wonka Bars that you’ve collected.
-If Super Spinner is qualified, each spin will collect a Wonka Bar.
-Super Spinner: For 30 seconds, every spinner hit will collect 1 Wonka Bar.
-I think the only time it registers over 1 bar a spin is in one of the awards: 2x Wonka Bar.
2x Wonka Bars: For 30 seconds, all Wonka Bar collects will be worth 2x their normal amount (ie. left ramp is 2, right ramp is 4 and center ramp is 6 Wonka Bars). This also means that the left lane - "inner loop combo will score 2 Wonka Bars a spin!"

Thx. Good info.

In “Wonka Bar Craze”, I take it you need to hit the ramps that are flashing. But what do you get, exactly? What is the scoring/bar collection?

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:So you have to get 1 jackpot of every kid, then a super jackpot (which is lit after collecting 5 kid jackpots in a single kid multi ball), and a double jackpot (the upper middle ramp shot at least 1x) a total of 7 shots, but it can be very difficult cause you must get them while staying in multiball. As long as you hit the kids specific jackpot 1x while they are in your kid multiball, you have collected their jackpot.
Hope this helps!

Ive earned the Kid GT once. I’m pretty sure that any combination of Kid jackpots contributes to the Super Jackpot lighting. When playing a MB with 2 Kids or more.

I’ve seen it lit fairly often.

Game is a goddamn delight.

#6614 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

This would be really terrific.

#6615 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Thx. Good info.
In “Wonka Bar Craze”, I take it you need to hit the ramps that are flashing. But what do you get, exactly? What is the scoring/bar collection?

I believe its double wonka bars.

But is that the mode that give you Wonka Bars for the spinner also? Its either that or Super Spinner and that is a great way to stock up on Wonka Bars.

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I believe its double wonka bars.
But is that the mode that give you Wonka Bars for the spinner also? Its either that or Super Spinner and that is a great way to stock up on Wonka Bars.

I love Wonka bars!

#6617 3 years ago

Does anyone know if you can adjust the camera that snaps photos? Im about 6'1" and it always has me looking down.

#6618 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a decent resolution version of the game map that is in the manual? I would like to print out a large version but the one in the manual gets blurry when you blow it up.

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if you can adjust the camera that snaps photos? Im about 6'1" and it always has me looking down.

In Tests - Camera - Devices - you can do some.

LTG : )

#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Tests - Camera - Devices - you can do some.
LTG : )

Oh very nice. Didnt realize that. Thanks again LTG!

#6621 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You can also physically adjust it. Shim it as needed. If you need to go left or right, you can seemed out the holes a bit.

Added over 3 years ago:

*dremel- not seemed... damn autocorrect

#6622 3 years ago

Something awesome happened tonight right before I went to bed. I turned on the new Wonka pin, once booted up, my wife ran in and wanted to play. We have only had this game a few days and presently I was the champ at 1.1 million points. We are casual players. She played a few games as I watched and cheered. She never scored more than 500k but always had fun. I encouraged her to play 1 more and then for us, magic hit. My wife hit various multi balls one after another, and got one or two Golden tickets. She was freaking out.

She ended with 1.4 million and was sweating and giggling the whole time.

After she finished she said she was so happy we switched the order from Stern’s avengers to Wonka. This made me happy. I can’t wait till my coworkers come and try this pin out. It’s hard to master, fun to shoot, and enjoyable without making you pissed when the ball drains.

Just my two cents for today.

#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

If this is a thing, I will absolutely implement it. I'm not in the beta, so looking forward to it going live. Wonka is overdue for a code update!

#6624 3 years ago

Damn, last night Wonka kicked my ass with extreme prejudice. I’ve had the game a couple months now (I think? Has it been that long?) and last night every other ball seemed to drain out if the pops.

It’s been worse lately, which makes me think I’ve moved the game a little and have upset the balance I had that made those pops drains less frequent.

But I went to bed with my tail between my legs last night.

This is the first game I’ve ever owned where I literally keep pushing start because it’s kicking my ass so bad and I hate the idea of finishing on a bad game. Lol.

#6625 3 years ago

Is the Gobstopper hole supposed to open up when you hit the secret machine target during gobstopper multiball? My secret machine does not seem to open up when I hit it during that. It has no problems opening up otherwise when I hit it during a game. Any thoughts? Thanks.

#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

Is the Gobstopper hole supposed to open up when you hit the secret machine target during gobstopper multiball? My secret machine does not seem to open up when I hit it during that. It has no problems opening up otherwise when I hit it during a game. Any thoughts? Thanks.

No, it opens when you make enough ramp shots (3 I think.) Then you sink a ball to collect a gobstopper.

If you collect 5, you get the golden ticket for it.

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

No, it should only open up after hitting the ramps for the required number of jackpots during gobstopper mb.

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, it opens when you make enough ramp shots (3 I think.) Then you sink a ball to collect a gobstopper.
If you collect 5, you get the golden ticket for it.

Quoted from crobby:

No, it should only open up after hitting the ramps for the required number of jackpots during gobstopper mb.

Awesome. Thank you both for explaining!

#6629 3 years ago

Good luck getting five gobstoppers!

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I've gotten it once. I got 2 doubles in one multiball. Pure luck.

#6631 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Going to concentrate on that next game.

Do the golden ticket lights correspond to specific tickets, or they just light up left to right?

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Going to concentrate on that next game.
Do the golden ticket lights correspond to specific tickets, or they just light up left to right?

I believe left to right.Good Luck

#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I believe left to right.Good Luck

Funny thing is, just played a few games concentrating on Gobstopper and didn’t wven get close, but had a big game (for me) with 2 tickets and 6,659,080 points.

I Think the most Gobstopper super jackpots I got was 3 lol. Must have started about 4 Gobstopper multiballs.

#6634 3 years ago

For some reason I flail miserably on MBs on this game. Can’t control anything!

#6635 3 years ago

Damn, last night Wonka kicked my ass with extreme prejudice. I’ve had the game a couple months now (I think? Has it been that long?) and last night every other ball seemed to drain out if the pops.
It’s been worse lately, which makes me think I’ve moved the game a little and have upset the balance I had that made those pops drains less frequent.
But I went to bed with my tail between my legs last night.
This is the first game I’ve ever owned where I literally keep pushing start because it’s kicking my ass so bad and I hate the idea of finishing on a bad game. Lol.

Welcome to my world lately. I played a bunch over the weekend, probably 20 games and didnt get close to being over 500,000. This machine is the king of drains! Its a love-hate relationship haha.

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Welcome to my world lately. I played a bunch over the weekend, probably 20 games and didnt get close to being over 500,000. This machine is the king of drains! Its a love-hate relationship haha.

The only way I was able to enjoy this game was to add the post in the upper hole for the far left outlane. The ball drain from the pop bumpers can be prevented somewhat with skill, but that outlane is extremely unforgiving.

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

The only way I was able to enjoy this game was to add the post in the upper hole for the far left outlane. The ball drain from the pop bumpers can be prevented somewhat with skill, but that outlane is extremely unforgiving.

how did you remove that black button plug? does it screw out or can you punch it out from the bottom? I want to move my post to the upper hole too but i don't want to scratch up my playfield trying to get that black plug thing out.
r/
Mike

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I had a friend over this weekend. He’s a very good player and often puts his initials up on my games. He absolutely got worked by Wonka! I found it amusing to say the least. And he couldn’t stop hitting start. While I watched football, he played for about 2.5 hours straight! Another new fan who now sees how underrated this game is.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

how did you remove that black button plug? does it screw out or can you punch it out from the bottom?

I punched it out from the bottom. It was wedged in there tightly.

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I punched it out from the bottom. It was wedged in there tightly.

thank you.
r/
Mike

#6641 3 years ago

Joined the club today. Looking forward to diving deep into the code! My first JJP. It really stands far apart from my other pins in a good way. Beautiful pin!

0E75F2E0-62C8-498A-AC6F-78DB429B00A3 (resized).jpeg0E75F2E0-62C8-498A-AC6F-78DB429B00A3 (resized).jpeg
#6642 3 years ago

I had a friend over this weekend. He’s a very good player and often puts his initials up on my games. He absolutely got worked by Wonka! I found it amusing to say the least. And he couldn’t stop hitting start. While I watched football, he played for about 2.5 hours straight! Another new fan who now sees how underrated this game is.

It’s not a game that lets you off lightly for missing shots.

#6643 3 years ago

I joined the club yesterday. Fun game and blew up one game last night for over 4 million.

6443E8D8-D23A-45FD-8C1C-5BCFACF048EB (resized).jpeg6443E8D8-D23A-45FD-8C1C-5BCFACF048EB (resized).jpeg
#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I joined the club yesterday. Fun game and blew up one game last night for over 4 million.
[quoted image]

Love the album covers on the wall.. GREAT collection..

#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image]

Nice line up what’s that DI topper light look like in the dark?It does light up?

#6646 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image]

Baywatch is a nice touch

#6647 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Baywatch is a nice touch

Totally belongs with other great playing games. . Actually will be moved around the corner to join Last Action Hero and RFM later this week when Black Knight Rage premium is picked up. My workshop has a pretty nice lineup due to housing the overflow that doesn’t fit in here. Need to move some out of the house.

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Nice line up what’s that DI topper light look like in the dark?It does light up?

Yeah it looks pretty sharp. Lights up, flashes, whatever you set it to do.

#6649 3 years ago

Realized today that my camera is not working. Likely never worked out of the box either because no high score photos are displayed from the prior owner. He bought it new and build date is Feb 2020. No big deal, I'll submit a help ticket for it. I tried plugging the camera into other USB ports, but camera is not detected in test mode.

I noticed it not working because it wasn't detecting motion and playing sounds during the day. I use my bar as a stand up desk for work and Dialed In will occasionally detect me and startle me when it plays an attract sound. Then I was like, hey, wonka is supposed to do that also.

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Realized today that my camera is not working. Likely never worked out of the box either because no high score photos are displayed from the prior owner. He bought it new and build date is Feb 2020. No big deal, I'll submit a help ticket for it. I tried plugging the camera into other USB ports, but camera is not detected in test mode.
I noticed it not working because it wasn't detecting motion and playing sounds during the day. I use my bar as a stand up desk for work and Dialed In will occasionally detect me and startle me when it plays an attract sound. Then I was like, hey, wonka is supposed to do that also.

Stupid question but its turned on in the settings correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/133?hl=frobozz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.