IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 278.
#6501 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I made sure that the ball was sitting directly on the arms.

If you could film it and watch in slow motion, you might see a problem.

Coils tend to pull the plunger to a side and back. Not straight back.

LTG : )

#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Yes it's common. The switch metal attached to the roller is too flexible/springy, so what happens is when you slam the gobstopper thingy it sometimes catches the spring as its flexed in its top position and gets caught on the metal.
It's discussed a few pages back and beyond including the fix. I made my own 3d fix after my 3m tape fix didn't work. It's all documented a few pages back.
start here for most recent discussion:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/118
Follow that for a few pages and you'll see fixes, video etc...
r/
Mike

Has anyone tried getting a longer roll leaf to put on the switch? If one exists that is.

#6503 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has anyone tried getting a longer roll leaf to put on the switch? If one exists that is.

You don't need a longer one, you just need to make it less floppy. For me jamming some e-tape into the switch body where the metal arm goes in fixed it.

#6504 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Not sure if anyone else has this issue. My auto plunger cannot get the ball out of the lane. I have tried everything. I have increased and decreased the power. I removed the shorter lane protector. JJP even sent me another assembly. Nothing works. The coil stop is fine and mechanically everything looks good. Should I try a higher powered coil? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have an issue similar to this as well. I am convinced it is due to the ground wire sitting under the bracket causing the plunger to not hit the center of the ball. I cant find a good fix for this yet.

Edit - sorry, just realized you were talking about the auto plunger. My issue is with the manual plunger.

#6505 3 years ago

Hope to hear something this week for shipping on my LE. Hope hope!

Paid the extra cash over my original full price payment for an avengers premium (cancelled that order) last Wednesday through my checking account. Money finally came out of my account Saturday but hasn’t posted into the distributor’s account. All going through quick books. Invoice says paid in full however. So much for modern technology. He says it’s normal (never dealt with this before so a little stressed) and expects to see a deposit hopefully today. Once he receives the funds, my game goes out for delivery!

We will see how long it takes to get from Nebraska to North Carolina.

#6506 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Hope to hear something this week for shipping on my LE. Hope hope!
Paid the extra cash over my original full price payment for an avengers premium (cancelled that order) last Wednesday through my checking account. Money finally came out of my account Saturday but hasn’t posted into the distributor’s account. All going through quick books. Invoice says paid in full however. So much for modern technology. He says it’s normal (never dealt with this before so a little stressed) and expects to see a deposit hopefully today. Once he receives the funds, my game goes out for delivery!
We will see how long it takes to get from Nebraska to North Carolina.

Congratulations! Fantastic game.
He literally has these games at his location? My guess is it's going to be drop shipped from JJP's Chocolate factory Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 to North Carolina so hoping that's the case and shipping may be a little faster.
Don't throw out the felt leg protectors! They aren't trash. haha.
r/
Mike

#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Don't throw out the felt leg protectors! They aren't trash. haha.

For people who have done that:

https://www.pinballlife.com/felt-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

#6508 3 years ago

Do you think they really matter? From what I understand, its protects whats behind the legs, which is never seen anyways.

#6509 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Do you think they really matter? From what I understand, its protects whats behind the legs, which is never seen anyways.

It does to me personally because it keeps the legs just off the cabinet and movement will eventually cause the legs to dig in to the cabinet if resting on it in any way.
I remember my old machines vividly how ugly they looked under the legs and the perimeter where the legs met the cabinet.

It can be anything soft and a little thicker material that you want to cut up or maybe some foam covered with microfiber cloth etc... you don't have to buy it if you want to DIY.
r/
Mike

#6510 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I for one want to protect my Radcals. We nudge pretty hard.

#6511 3 years ago

Hello! I got a Wonka LE today and couldn't be more excited! One problem, I ordered the topper and when they set it up they plugged it in the backbox. But neither the LED strip in the backbox nor the topper are lighting up. Any way to test the strip? Or is there a plug for the strip that also connects to the topper? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
#willywonka

#6512 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Any way to test the strip? Or is there a plug for the strip that also connects to the topper?

Check where it plugs in if you have 12 volts DC or not. I'd start there.

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check where it plugs in if you have 12 volts DC or not. I'd start there.

Thank you so much! I followed the wiring from the strip and found it had been knocked out when he installed the topper. I appreciate your help!

#6514 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hello! I got a Wonka LE today and couldn't be more excited! One problem, I ordered the topper and when they set it up they plugged it in the backbox. But neither the LED strip in the backbox nor the topper are lighting up. Any way to test the strip? Or is there a plug for the strip that also connects to the topper? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
#willywonka

Check your settings too. Make sure it’s turned on.

#6515 3 years ago

I spoke to soon. I got the LED strip to light, but the topper is still dark. It is connected to the blue wires like this.
Am I supposed to do anything else?
Thanks
Joey

JJP wire (resized).jpgJJP wire (resized).jpg
#6516 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Am I supposed to do anything else?

Turn it on in settings.

#6517 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn it on in settings.

Page B-31 in the manual. Game Settings. First couple deal with the topper.

#6518 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page B-31 in the manual. Game Settings. First couple deal with the topper.

Thank you. I do have it on in settings. Set to Cycle in attract and Mode Action in Game mode and brightness is 32, but unfortunately it is still dark.

#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

but unfortunately it is still dark.

Then measure power at the topper.

You are losing 12 volts somewhere or the LED strip is bad.

#6520 3 years ago

Hmmm...I have never measured power on anything. Do I need to get a voltometer for that?

#6521 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Do I need to get a voltometer for that?

That or a 12 volt light bulb and a couple wires.

Youtube is littered with short how to videos on using a meter and measuring DC current.

#6522 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

It does to me personally because it keeps the legs just off the cabinet and movement will eventually cause the legs to dig in to the cabinet if resting on it in any way.
I remember my old machines vividly how ugly they looked under the legs and the perimeter where the legs met the cabinet.
It can be anything soft and a little thicker material that you want to cut up or maybe some foam covered with microfiber cloth etc... you don't have to buy it if you want to DIY.
r/
Mike

Quoted from zaphX:

I for one want to protect my Radcals. We nudge pretty hard.

Yea I dont know. Ive never seen my legs dig into the cabinet before and for myself, if its covered all the time, it doesnt bother me if it gets a little scuffed up.

To each their own..

#6523 3 years ago

Just joined the candy club I have a question about the left side inlane/outlane area. Is there supposed to be a post in the open hole(it’s treaded)that’s next to the black cap? Also does WW have a equalizer in the settings like newer Sterns? My wife and I are looking forward to taking out all the scores.

1E6B2EDA-10D4-4429-826D-F7D35BE7CAFB (resized).jpeg1E6B2EDA-10D4-4429-826D-F7D35BE7CAFB (resized).jpeg534599E3-765C-4322-B75D-1FC125A1805F (resized).jpeg534599E3-765C-4322-B75D-1FC125A1805F (resized).jpeg
#6524 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just joined the candy club I have a question about the left side inlane/outlane area. Is there supposed to be a post in the open hole(it’s treaded)that’s next to the black cap? Also does WW have a equalizer in the settings like newer Sterns? My wife and I are looking forward to taking out all the scores.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you want to (and I don’t consider this a cheat but)there is a post in the goody bag you can thread right into the hole.It makes that side alittle more fair.As far a an equalizer you can get into sound settings and do some changes.Welcome to the Wonka club!

0AFF1F71-083D-4787-ABA2-46128CF4E6EF (resized).jpeg0AFF1F71-083D-4787-ABA2-46128CF4E6EF (resized).jpegEA66EC49-D6A9-4961-A2ED-F2FBD0F3ABCC (resized).jpegEA66EC49-D6A9-4961-A2ED-F2FBD0F3ABCC (resized).jpeg
#6526 3 years ago

Holy cow what a game! This game is stunning in its design and integration. Unlike anything I’ve ever played.

Got 11,700,000 last night, almost doubling my former high score. Finally got a third ticket. Only got a second ticket for the third time. I’m still finishing Wonka’s Office way too soon (by hitting the TV, not by draining).

The sheer amount of ways to play this game is mind boggling. I was getting so many adrenaline rushes last night chasing different objectives and this was before my huge score game.

And you need to bring your A game to Wonka. I had a couple sub 100k games last night too! Challenging!

***Hey, is there a trick to connecting an external sub? I went with the cheap 60W Monoprice powered sub and it’s not working using the typical alligator flip on the cab speaker technique. What might I be missing? Thanks in advance.

#6527 3 years ago

Bought a Wonka LE yesterday! Setting it up tonight. Can’t wait. Checked for pooling. None at all. Build date October 9, 2019. Very pleased. Now to find some tickets!

#6528 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Holy cow what a game! This game is stunning in its design and integration. Unlike anything I’ve ever played.
Got 11,700,000 last night, almost doubling my former high score. Finally got a third ticket. Only got a second ticket for the third time. I’m still finishing Wonka’s Office way too soon (by hitting the TV, not by draining).
The sheer amount of ways to play this game is mind boggling. I was getting so many adrenaline rushes last night chasing different objectives and this was before my huge score game.

That's a very good score! And I couldn't agree more. This game took a beating from the Pinside brigades over BS issues, but those of us who didn't listen to them found a really great game.

#6529 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Normal setting from factory is to not have a post there.

Ive been curious how many do put the post on. I would imagine it would definitely increase scores as that is a big drain area.

#6530 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ive been curious how many do put the post on. I would imagine it would definitely increase scores as that is a big drain area.

I put the post on mine. Much more enjoyable for me.

#6531 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If you want to (and I don’t consider this a cheat but)there is a post in the goody bag you can thread right into the hole.It makes that side alittle more fair.As far a an equalizer you can get into sound settings and do some changes.Welcome to the Wonka club![quoted image][quoted image]

Did you use the supplied rubber ring for that post? I tried it but the ball would get stuck between the two posts.

#6532 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No doubt, but I find drains on the right side worse than the left side...

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Did you use the supplied rubber ring for that post? I tried it but the ball would get stuck between the two posts.

I used the smallest ring available or the ones you have to polk the hole thru but whatever I used it works fine

#6534 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I used the smallest ring available or the ones you have to polk the hole thru but whatever I used it works fine

Thanks!

#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

I moved the rubber from the post between the two inlanes. Plays great.

#6536 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No doubt, but I find drains on the right side worse than the left side...

Wow really? Interesting. I did an audit a while back and the left drains were unreal vs. the others.

#6537 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I moved the rubber from the post between the two inlanes. Plays great.

I’m sorry I misspoke I did what’s above

#6538 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's a very good score! And I couldn't agree more. This game took a beating from the Pinside brigades over BS issues, but those of us who didn't listen to them found a really great game.

I dismissed Wonka early due to the bad pub. Didn’t want to spend big money for a disappointing game with poor theme integration. Boy. What a crock! This game is amazeballs, and a totally unique pinball experience. I love it.

#6539 3 years ago

And you need to bring your A game to Wonka. I had a couple sub 100k games last night too! Challenging!
***Hey, is there a trick to connecting an external sub? I went with the cheap 60W Monoprice powered sub and it’s not working using the typical alligator flip on the cab speaker technique. What might I be missing? Thanks in advance.

Wow, amazing score. What are you focusing on? With so many things going on in this game it’s hard to concentrate on one thing. At the moment I’m trying to complete as many kids as possible for a good kid multiball stack. But that’s not really paying off in points.

No idea how to get tickets or what they do - need to read up on that. But I’ve only seen one.

#6540 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Wow really? Interesting. I did an audit a while back and the left drains were unreal vs. the others.

Left drain on stock settings is a huge vacuum, but the kickback saves help a lot.

#6541 3 years ago

YAY, finally have a tracking # for my New Wonka LE! I guess the truck picked up the pinball from the distributor Pinball Pro, but has not updated the tracking info (still says pending). Seems on par right now like the post office. Hopefully it gets updated at least by Monday, not sure how long it takes to ship from Nebraska to North Carolina, but maybe I will be playing this pin by the end of next week!!!!

#6542 3 years ago

Wow, amazing score. What are you focusing on? With so many things going on in this game it’s hard to concentrate on one thing. At the moment I’m trying to complete as many kids as possible for a good kid multiball stack. But that’s not really paying off in points.
No idea how to get tickets or what they do - need to read up on that. But I’ve only seen one.</blockquote

Align that kid multiball with a 4x or 5x playfield multiplier!

#6543 3 years ago

I dismissed Wonka early due to the bad pub. Didn’t want to spend big money for a disappointing game with poor theme integration. Boy. What a crock! This game is amazeballs, and a totally unique pinball experience. I love it.

Never listen to the Pinside hate brigade, they hate every new game.

#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Never listen to the Pinside hate brigade, they hate every new game.

I’m really struggling to see what there is not to like about this game. It’s got to be the most underrated recent game on Pinside.

#6545 3 years ago

Anyone have an issue with a gobstopper that doesn't spin? In coil test mode, and I can hear the motor attempting to spin but is unable to get it to go.

#6546 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Anyone have an issue with a gobstopper that doesn't spin? In coil test mode, and I can hear the motor attempting to spin but is unable to get it to go.

Make sure the screws underneath it haven’t come loose and aren’t dragging preventing it from cleanly rotating

#6547 3 years ago

Found this in the bottom of the cabinet of my new Wonka LE. What is it for? Thx

8B34E137-DAF6-4437-B3F0-88BF3B1E9FB8 (resized).jpeg8B34E137-DAF6-4437-B3F0-88BF3B1E9FB8 (resized).jpeg9E25BA14-A33B-4A4A-B49C-9C6499440B19 (resized).jpeg9E25BA14-A33B-4A4A-B49C-9C6499440B19 (resized).jpeg
#6548 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Found this in the bottom of the cabinet of my new Wonka LE. What is it for? Thx

Shipping block. Mounted to rear inside of cabinet to keep heavy playfield from sagging and stretching the front forks.

#6549 3 years ago

ok, thx. it wasn't mounted to anything, just rolling around. also, the power inlet metal box (where you plug in the cord) wasn't attached to the cabinet either! no wood screws rolling around so i think they just forgot to attached the box.

#6550 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

so i think they just forgot to attached the box.

Or it was removed when the game was set up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/131?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.