IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 279.
#6451 3 years ago

Ok, still in the honeymoon phase, but WOW! What a game. A million ways to approach, so satisfying. And today - twice - I looked up and the audio was synced to the video. When grandpa burps during “Fizzy” and Willy Dubs during Wonkavator. So suck it Kaneda!

It’s my first JJP, and I’m sorry, but the overall experience of this game is an order of magnitude more impressive than what Stern delivers. And I like Stern games. Stern makes great games and provides a fantastic pinball experience.

But JJP is in a different league.

Hey, does anyone know if CE’s or LE’s have different code? I’ve seen streams where there’s a woman’s voice making callouts?

#6452 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ok, still in the honeymoon phase, but WOW! What a game. A million ways to approach, so satisfying. And today - twice - I looked up and the audio was synced to the video. When grandpa burps during “Fizzy” and Willy Dubs during Wonkavator. So suck it Kaneda!
It’s my first JJP, and I’m sorry, but the overall experience of this game is an order of magnitude more impressive than what Stern delivers. And I like Stern games. Stern makes great games and provides a fantastic pinball experience.
But JJP is in a different league.
Hey, does anyone know if CE’s or LE’s have different code? I’ve seen streams where there’s a woman’s voice making callouts?

I'm really glad you're enjoying it! We still play ours every day, 1.5 years later. It has lots of goals and layered strategy, it's very well done.

The CE has Julie Dawn Cole callouts, btw.

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

The Slow Mo Guys" just released a video on "How a Pinball Machine works in Slow Motion". I decided to watch, and turns out Jersey Jack sent them a Wonka to do the video.

That was epic! Crazy how the flipper rubbers move. Never realized it. Always like those guy’s videos. Can’t wait to get shipping info on my game and set it up! Plus, will make sure to update to the latest code if it needs it.

#6454 3 years ago

I have a std wonka and love it. I play everyday but after a year (and after getting all 5 tickets...on easy mode), I am considering a Guns N’ Roses LE. Mike in Milford CT is my distributor and I played a few games there this morning. I would sell the WW if I went with the GNR. I have room (and $$) for just one machine. Any advice from someone who has played the GNR long term? Will it keep my interest like WW?

#6455 3 years ago
Quoted from Jdlana:

I have a std wonka and love it. I play everyday but after a year (and after getting all 5 tickets...on easy mode), I am considering a Guns N’ Roses LE. Mike in Milford CT is my distributor and I played a few games there this morning. I would sell the WW if I went with the GNR. I have room (and $$) for just one machine. Any advice from someone who has played the GNR long term? Will it keep my interest like WW?

Probably if u love GNR? If not my guess is the game will get old quick

#6456 3 years ago

Well, I'm back...I had an LE, sold it, and bought it back. Went home, set it up, and when I plugged it in, I noticed power switch was on. I immediately turned off game, didn't let game finish booting up. Came back a few hours later (after the trick or treaters left), and tried to start up game...nothing, just a faint hum. I checked the fuse near the power switch, driver board (I assume the one you see when you move LCD), and took off CPU cover. I noticed all fuse lights were on on the driver board. Except, the CPU light was not blinking, it was not on at all comparing lights to a friends. I checked all the fuses on the left side of driver board and the one fuse on the left side of CPU. All seemed OK.

The CPU board area is not getting any power or at least none of the fans are turning on.

Any ideas what to check?

Thanks.

IMG_3361 (resized).jpegIMG_3361 (resized).jpeg
#6457 3 years ago

Jump start the motherboard. It doesn’t like partial starts like that - on YouTube or on our support section on our website look under support videos and then
Jump starting your cpu board

#6458 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Jump start the motherboard. It doesn’t like partial starts like that - on YouTube or on our support section on our website look under support videos and then

Thanks for quick response. Will check.

Stan

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Any ideas what to check?

LTG : )

#6460 3 years ago

That was it! Found video on Youtube and followed directions. I have to tell you though, sticking a paper clip in a power connector while power was on took a little bit of faith. I had to do process 3 times, but up and working perfectly. Thanks "Jersey Jack" team.

#6461 3 years ago

Anyone purchase a new Willy Wonka and have the 8 legs bolts missing? I'm trying to avoid cutting the strap that holds the head in place before installing the legs, but are these in the coin door area instead of being installed on the machine like Stern does?

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Anyone purchase a new Willy Wonka and have the 8 legs bolts missing? I'm trying to avoid cutting the strap that holds the head in place before installing the legs, but are these in the coin door area instead of being installed on the machine like Stern does?

Hasn't happened to me...u sure their not screwed into the bolt holes in the game? Thats where mine were

#6463 3 years ago

Have I mentioned this game is brilliant? Maybe still honeymoon, but I’ve owned enough games now to know this one is something special.

Just a small tech question - anyone occasionally getting the gobstopper target get caught behind the roll switch leaf? I’ve adjusted it until it can’t be bent down without not registering, but it still catches about once a game. Any other ideas?

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hasn't happened to me...u sure their not screwed into the bolt holes in the game? Thats where mine were

No, that's were I expected them to be. Not a single one was apparently shipped with the game. Did the LE have felt protectors also?

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

No, that's were I expected them to be. Not a single one was apparently shipped with the game. Did the LE have felt protectors also?

That sucks....I believe mine came with felt

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That sucks....I believe mine came with felt

I just emailed Jersey Jack Pinball requesting the leg bolts and felt protectors to be sent. Not a warm fuzzy feeling so far on a $9,500 purchase that is missing basic parts needed to set it up.

#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I just emailed Jersey Jack Pinball requesting the leg bolts and felt protectors to be sent. Not a warm fuzzy feeling so far on a $9,500 purchase that is missing basic parts needed to set it up.

Yea thats too bad....kinda takes away from the excitement of unboxing a new game ! This happened to me on a Stern game years a go so I decided to buy a spare just in case

#6468 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea thats too bad....kinda takes away from the excitement of unboxing a new game ! This happened to me on a Stern game years a go so I decided to buy a spare just in case

Hopefully they ship these parts out quick. Seeing the game sitting vertically in my game room and not being able to play it is going to be tough.

#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Hopefully they ship these parts out quick. Seeing the game sitting vertically in my game room and not being able to play it is going to be tough.

Borrow the bolts off of one of your other games. Or one leg bolt off of each of your other two games. Be gentle playing them. And have 8 bolts for your Willy.

#6470 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Borrow the bolts off of one of your other games. Or one leg bolt off of each of your other two games. Be gentle playing them. And have 8 bolts for your Willy.

I think Jack could overnight those bad boys to the man, that would be the righteous thing to do?

#6471 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I'm looking at service tickets and emails and I don't see it. Where did you email? Can you send it again to me? Steve@

#6472 3 years ago

I'm looking at service tickets and emails and I don't see it. Where did you email? Can you send it again to me? Steve@

Hi Steve,

I sent it to [email protected]. I just forwarded you the email. Thanks.

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Hi Steve,
I sent it to [email protected]. I just forwarded you the email. Thanks.

That address I don't get copied on but I got your emails since and wrote you an order. Thanks

#6474 3 years ago

Anybody notice the screen brown out sometimes - just for an instant - when ripping the spinner for serious Wonka bars?

Also notice the screen sometimes goes whitish for a brief moment , as in a blurry camera freeze frame for no apparent reason. Often when a lot is going on.

Suggestion: when lots of things are going on - especially modes - don’t stop everything just to show the “ball x locked” for Gobstopper ball locks. I’d rather see the end of my mode - and my score - than the same graphic I’ve seen a million times.

#6475 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I thought those felt protectors were packing material, hahah. I threw em out. Whoops.

#6476 3 years ago

I have been wanting to join the club for a while now. I am deciding between the LE (if I can find one) and a CE.

Two questions:
Is the CE playfield sparkle very noticeable? I have not been able to find any picture comparisons between the non sparkle LE and sparkle CE.
Can anyone post a picture of the "red most secret machine" vs the standard one? Again, I haven't been able to find a comparison pic.

And for those that own a CE, can you please share what made you choose it vs an LE? Perhaps the sparkle playfield and red most machine? lol.

Thanks!

#6477 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I have been wanting to join the club for a while now. I am deciding between the LE (if I can find one) and a CE.
Two questions:
Is the CE playfield sparkle very noticeable? I have not been able to find any picture comparisons between the non sparkle LE and sparkle CE.
Can anyone post a picture of the "red most secret machine" vs the standard one? Again, I haven't been able to find a comparison pic.
And for those that own a CE, can you please share what made you choose it vs an LE? Perhaps the sparkle playfield and red most machine? lol.
Thanks!

The sparkle is very noticeable in person but you won't see it in pictures - it's a combination of motion and lighting that makes it pop.
The red secret machine is literally red translucent plastic vs black. It is mostly sticker so it's a subtle difference.

I chose the CE because I wanted the best version. All of the features were factors especially the JDC callouts.

#6478 3 years ago

Red secret machine disc. It's easier to see when it's lit.

Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.20.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.20.07 AM.png
#6479 3 years ago

Two questions:
Thanks!

Quoted from zaphX:

The sparkle is very noticeable in person but you won't see it in pictures - it's a combination of motion and lighting that makes it pop.
The red secret machine is literally red translucent plastic vs black. It is mostly sticker so it's a subtle difference.
I chose the CE because I wanted the best version. All of the features were factors especially the JDC callouts.

I chose CE for the same reason and the movie has some meaning to me personally.

The cabinet armor colors are a wash. It's not massively superior quality to be honest so don't let the blue or the red armor be a determining choice. Same with Red Most Secret as explained already.
Sparkle isn't noticeable to me personally. The game is dark and mine is in a dark room. The lights and light show are awesome as a whole, no complaints, but I've never noticed the sparkle as in it jumps out at me and makes a difference in game play. It's still awesome, it just doesn't enhance or detract from game play for me personally.
Your decision for a $3000 increase and a CE has to be mostly personal and wanting the best version of this game. My personal opinion.
There's no mechanical difference in the 2 games from LE to CE. Mostly all cosmetic. Doesn't make it a bad thing it's just unlike the GNR COMA thing, there is no difference in game play or physical difference in the playfield besides artwork.
Incidentally, that Coma playfield difference on GNR among some recent things going on is the reason I did not buy an LE Guns and Roses (and will not own any version except the CE of this title) once I didn't make the CE list. Also, the same reason I didn't buy a Wizard of Oz Yellow Brick Road edition because they removed a mechanical toy in the game. It matters to me.
If you can't justify the $3000 increase, you won't be unhappy at all with an LE.
But if you're like me and this game also resonates personally, I had no choice but to get the best version.
If the LE and CE had a major physical difference in the playfield like what they do over the Standard(wonkavator physical mech) and I would not been able to get a CE, I personally wouldn't have bought one at all. I've said it once before in another post. I don't like multiple versions and price points of the same game.
Personal choice.
r/
Mike

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Red secret machine disc. It's easier to see when it's lit.
[quoted image]

The red is not as much of a differentiator as I imagined. Thanks for the pic!

#6481 3 years ago

The red is not as much of a differentiator as I imagined. Thanks for the pic!

Yeah, it's a very subtle difference at best. I expected "red secret machine" to mean the metal parts on the mech were powder coated, but that turned out to be an incorrect assumption on my part.

#6482 3 years ago

What kind of mods (if any) are recommended?

#6483 3 years ago

What kind of mods (if any) are recommended?

Highly subjective question. Only you can decide if mods appeal to you. None are gameplay-affecting on this game.

#6484 3 years ago

Do you have any on yours?

#6485 3 years ago

Do you have any on yours?

I am a "keep it stock" kind of guy. Gasoline has a ton on his Wonka CE, maybe he can submit some pics for you.

#6486 3 years ago

I'm mostly a "keep it factory" kind of guy but purchased this gorgeous factory mod https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/jjp-willy-wonka-premium-mod-collection/products/jjp-willy-wonka-custom-3d-chocolate-factory-ball-lock but i'm not sure if it makes it "better" - i just thought the stock "factory" design was weak. This mod (though beautiful and theme fitting) is a bit bulky.

The one mod i'd like absolutely like to put on my LE is the additional lighting bottom portion of the backglass.

#6487 3 years ago

After playing my LE for a few hours I've grown to dislike the most secret machine sound. It's too short and just a constant repetitive glooping noise. I now avoid hitting the most secret machine shot so I don't have to listen to it glooping on and on as I have some difficulty with the shot after it opens. I wonder why they didn't use the sound from the machine in the movie?

It would be a great improvement if in the next software update they change it. So here's hoping they do(fingers crossed).

#6488 3 years ago

I have the factory mod in perfect condition made by (themodcouple) as seen above. If anyone would like to save some $$ and buy mine along with some other mods. PM me.

Not selling the actual game it’s too good/fun!
Never had family and friends come by and want to play pinball so much.

#6489 3 years ago

Here’s a pic of my earlier tech question. Happens about once a game. Anyone else? Have adjusted the roll switch to its limit.

2D45998F-386A-4C83-9A4A-09865621EE6B (resized).jpeg2D45998F-386A-4C83-9A4A-09865621EE6B (resized).jpeg
#6490 3 years ago

Two questions:
Thanks!

PF Sparkle is really nice in person.
Radcals are very impressive.
There seem to be a lot of unique CE callouts, though I can’t say how many compared to the LE.
Powder wireforms are beautiful especially matching the red armour.

Of course very hard to argue that all of the above are worth the $$$, but as a complete package it’s gorgeous.

Having said that it’s just a great game - LE or CE is not going to change that.

#6491 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here’s a pic of my earlier tech question. Happens about once a game. Anyone else? Have adjusted the roll switch to its limit.
[quoted image]

Yes it's common. The switch metal attached to the roller is too flexible/springy, so what happens is when you slam the gobstopper thingy it sometimes catches the spring as its flexed in its top position and gets caught on the metal.
It's discussed a few pages back and beyond including the fix. I made my own 3d fix after my 3m tape fix didn't work. It's all documented a few pages back.

start here for most recent discussion:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/118

Follow that for a few pages and you'll see fixes, video etc...

r/
Mike

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am a "keep it stock" kind of guy. gasoline has a ton on his Wonka CE, maybe he can submit some pics for you.

Here are a few pix of the mods I've added to my CE. They don't change the game play but i feel they enhance the aura/atmosphere of the game!

1) Lermods RGB Translight Kit (changes color)

2) ModCouple Wonka Factory

3) Lermods RGB Trough Kit (changes color)/ModCouple Candy Grass Flipper Covers (on all 4 flippers)

4) ModCouple Smoke Stack, Top Hat, Shooter Lane Candy Grass

5) Playfield overview w/o Glass & w/ Glass

6) Close up of playfield sparkles

7) ModCouple Wonkavator

backlights (resized).JPEGbacklights (resized).JPEGfactory (resized).JPEGfactory (resized).JPEGflipper-trough (resized).JPEGflipper-trough (resized).JPEGhatsmokegrass (resized).JPEGhatsmokegrass (resized).JPEGplayfield (resized).JPEGplayfield (resized).JPEGplayfield2 (resized).jpgplayfield2 (resized).jpgsparkle1 (resized).JPEGsparkle1 (resized).JPEGsparkle3 (resized).JPEGsparkle3 (resized).JPEGsparkle4 (resized).JPEGsparkle4 (resized).JPEGwonkavator (resized).JPEGwonkavator (resized).JPEG
#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Here are a few pix of the mods I've added to my CE. They don't change the game play but i feel they enhance the aura/atmosphere of the game!
1) Lermods RGB Translight Kit (changes color)
2) ModCouple Wonka Factory
3) Lermods RGB Trough Kit (changes color)/ModCouple Candy Grass Flipper Covers (on all 4 flippers)
4) ModCouple Smoke Stack, Top Hat, Shooter Lane Candy Grass
5) Playfield overview w/o Glass & w/ Glass
6) Close up of playfield sparkles
7) ModCouple Wonkavator[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The sparkle play field looks great

#6494 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The sparkle play field looks great

You really need to see it in motion. In a still pic it looks like sugar or salt, but when you're looking over the game it really twinkles.

#6495 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought those felt protectors were packing material, hahah. I threw em out. Whoops.

Me too

#6496 3 years ago

The factory mod is a must have, I also love lermods wonkavator... fits all models.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-pinball-interactive-wonkavator

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.06.01 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.06.01 AM (resized).png
#6497 3 years ago

Glad im not the only one haha.

#6498 3 years ago

Not sure if anyone else has this issue. My auto plunger cannot get the ball out of the lane. I have tried everything. I have increased and decreased the power. I removed the shorter lane protector. JJP even sent me another assembly. Nothing works. The coil stop is fine and mechanically everything looks good. Should I try a higher powered coil? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The plunger hitting the center of the ball ?

You can loosen screws and adjust left or right. Loosen more and use shims for higher or lower.

#6500 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The plunger hitting the center of the ball ?
You can loosen screws and adjust left or right. Loosen more and use shims for higher or lower.

I made sure that the ball was sitting directly on the arms. I’ll try the shims. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/130?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.