IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 279.
#6401 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I was wondering if anyone here has played the new stern avengers pin and can honestly compare it to to the “fun” factor of this pin. Because in the end that is what matters to me most. Only JJP pin I ever played was my buddy’s Wizard of Oz red ruby. It still has the stock light boards , and yes, it has issues. But it is a cool , different pin compared to his other Williams , Bally, Gottlieb, Atari, and Sterns.
I have on order an avengers premium, but getting a little frustrated by the delays in production (pushed back possibly as much as 5 weeks) as well as issues people are having with their Stern LEs. If I cancel my order, I’m out $1k, can’t do that, but I can change my order at no extra fee. My wife likes the theme of Willy Wonka and I was thinking of changing to this pin if they have it in stock and Dan muster up the extra cash.
What are your thoughts? I know they are completely different , but the theme for both of these is what my wife likes. I’d like a GNR, but my wife cancelled that idea, course the distributor doesn’t have that title in stock anyway yet.

I have an avengers LE, which I like a lot. But wonka is a better game and has a lot more to offer.

#6402 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have an avengers LE, which I like a lot. But wonka is a better game and has a lot more to offer.

Well from the responses, which I appreciate, it sounds like I need to call and see if they have one in stock and change my order.

#6403 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Well from the responses, which I appreciate, it sounds like I need to call and see if they have one in stock and change my order.

I haven't owned Avengers, but I've owned a lot of great games. Wonka is really a great game, and plays very different from the other JJP's in my collection. Great flow, great rules, and an extremely deep code that takes quite a while to figure out. Still working my way to pure imagination

#6404 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I was wondering if anyone here has played the new stern avengers pin and can honestly compare it to to the “fun” factor of this pin. Because in the end that is what matters to me most. Only JJP pin I ever played was my buddy’s Wizard of Oz red ruby. It still has the stock light boards , and yes, it has issues. But it is a cool , different pin compared to his other Williams , Bally, Gottlieb, Atari, and Sterns.
I have on order an avengers premium, but getting a little frustrated by the delays in production (pushed back possibly as much as 5 weeks) as well as issues people are having with their Stern LEs. If I cancel my order, I’m out $1k, can’t do that, but I can change my order at no extra fee. My wife likes the theme of Willy Wonka and I was thinking of changing to this pin if they have it in stock and Dan muster up the extra cash.
What are your thoughts? I know they are completely different , but the theme for both of these is what my wife likes. I’d like a GNR, but my wife cancelled that idea, course the distributor doesn’t have that title in stock anyway yet.

It is well established that I’m a JJP fan, but Wonka has by far exceeded our expectations.

We put 5000 games on an SE then upgraded to a CE which we are almost 7000 games into.

The game is difficult but has made us better players. We are slowly working our way up through the golden ticket goals and absolutely still have interest. We play for at least an hour every day.

YMMV but the return on investment for us on Wonka is great.

#6405 3 years ago

Ok, so showed a few videos on YouTube to my wife and she was impressed with this pin. Plus going with the recommendations here, I cancelled my order for my avengers premium and ordered a Willy Wonka LE. Will diversify my collection for sure now. My small collection will exist of 1 Stern, 1 Bally, 1 Williams, 1 Gottlieb, and as soon as the delivery truck shows up, 1 JJP!

#6406 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

You may have a hard time finding an LE. I had to call a lot of distributors to finally find one. Standards and CEs are readily available though.

#6407 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You may have a hard time finding an LE. I had to call a lot of distributors to finally find one. Standards and CEs are readily available though.

Ended up buying the distributor’s last Wonka LE that I had ordered my avengers premium from!! Thankful as well, could not afford the CE even if I wanted to.

#6408 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes the factory LEs are basically gone but if you call Mike Fox In JJP sales I believe he has 1 or 2 left in stock.

#6409 3 years ago

Mike from pinballs.com in Connecticut has them also. That is where I got my LE. Mike is the man!

#6410 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Ended up buying the distributor’s last Wonka LE that I had ordered my avengers premium from!! Thankful as well, could not afford the CE even if I wanted to.

Nice!!! Congrats!

#6411 3 years ago

Whats the shot to the Computer? One of the ones under Wonkavision?

#6412 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Whats the shot to the Computer? One of the ones under Wonkavision?

Yes the tv shot can award computer awards too.

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes the tv shot can award computer awards too.

So the TV shot is the one to the left of the ""!"" saucer shot?

#6414 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s the one with the ! And extra ball arrow. Ball hooks around like the lock shot on TZ and lands in the tv eject saucer.

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Mike from pinballs.com in Connecticut has them also. That is where I got my LE. Mike is the man!

Thats my distributor also. Hes a good guy. Hes JJP's largest distributor.

#6416 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I always mixed them up at first also. The right lane at the saucer is the TV.

#6417 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Following up on this...
Anyone have any idea as to what the various light patterns mean for the dashed inserts in front of the camera ramp?

Im curious about this also. Does anyone know?

Also, does anyone know when the camera takes a picture? I cant seem to time it..

#6418 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, does anyone know when the camera takes a picture? I cant seem to time it..

When the red light on the top of the camera is on, of course!

#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

When the red light on the top of the camera is on, of course!

yea but I was talking about being able to prepare for that. I feel like it does a quick snapshot and then its over. Not enough time for me to do handstands and stuff for it hahaha

#6420 3 years ago

Oh, more specifically it's when you shoot it up the ramp to the left of the camera, when the light is on. You need to go from pressing the right flipper button, to handstand position, pretty quickly!

#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Oh, more specifically it's when you shoot it up the ramp to the left of the camera, when the light is on. You need to go from pressing the right flipper button, to handstand position, pretty quickly!

hahaha, thanks. I will have to keep an eye out for that camera light. Something I seem to never notice.

I figure if im quick, I can hit the flipper with my foot while upside-down. lol

#6422 3 years ago

After you trigger the camera, I wish they had a warning/countdown timer on the screen to let you know your picture is going to be taken in order to let you prepare. But I guess that's part of the humor. Lot's of quirky/bad pictures taken.

#6423 3 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

After you trigger the camera, I wish they had a warning/countdown timer on the screen to let you know your picture is going to be taken in order to let you prepare. But I guess that's part of the humor. Lot's of quirky/bad pictures taken.

I agree. But all my pictures look exactly the same. Me looking down.

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats my distributor also. Hes a good guy. Hes JJP's largest distributor.

Mike let me walk through his warehouse. If you're in the market for an LE. Trust me he's got plenty of them.

#6425 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Following up on this...
Anyone have any idea as to what the various light patterns mean for the dashed inserts in front of the camera ramp?

^^^ was just about to post the same question. Anyone?

#6426 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I agree. But all my pictures look exactly the same. Me looking down.

I'm sure there is a setting that lets you adjust the frequency of the camera photos?

I believe that by default/with default settings, when you first start a game, the SECOND shot to the camera ramp will take a picture, and I'm pretty sure the frequency beyond that is predictable (ie maybe every 5 shots or something?). In addition to the red light on the oompah loompah camera, on the LE at least (and presumably CE) the lights on the wonkavator mechanism will turn bright white as soon as the ball enters the ramp and it's going to take a photo, presumably to act as some kind of makeshift flash - you can definitely use this in time to pull a face at the camera.

#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

I'm sure there is a setting that lets you adjust the frequency of the camera photos?
I believe that by default/with default settings, when you first start a game, the SECOND shot to the camera ramp will take a picture, and I'm pretty sure the frequency beyond that is predictable (ie maybe every 5 shots or something?). In addition to the red light on the oompah loompah camera, on the LE at least (and presumably CE) the lights on the wonkavator mechanism will turn bright white as soon as the ball enters the ramp and it's going to take a photo, presumably to act as some kind of makeshift flash - you can definitely use this in time to pull a face at the camera.

Interesting.. Thanks!

#6428 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Mike let me walk through his warehouse. If you're in the market for an LE. Trust me he's got plenty of them.

Do you live in CT?

#6429 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

They're often blinking to tell you that you should shoot the ramp now for whatever mode you're in. But when they're just sitting there red, it's an indication of how close you are to the next time a ramp shot will take your picture. And as someone else mentioned, there are adjustments for that in Game settings, under Wonkavision Camera.

#6430 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Do you live in CT?

No. I live in Doylestown PA. About 2 hours and 45 mins away from Mike's place.

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Let us all know what you think after you set it and played for awhile.

#6432 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

No. I live in Doylestown PA. About 2 hours and 45 mins away from Mike's place.

I have a sister that lives there.

#6433 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Let us all know what you think after you set it and played for awhile.

Will do! Excited about getting this Pin and seeing the light show on this game in person. The virtual “check” hopefully will clear tomorrow morning and then they can get shipment going.

#6434 3 years ago

Question regarding the left kickback: Does it sometimes time the ball kickback incorrectly if the ball is rolling too fast or too slow? I think about 10-20% of the time that happens for me. I've played with the timing and power in the menu a bit, and that seemed to help. But I wanted to see if this is normal or not.

Thoughts?

#6435 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Will do! Excited about getting this Pin and seeing the light show on this game in person. The virtual “check” hopefully will clear tomorrow morning and then they can get shipment going.

It’s a fantastic pin...you’re gonna love it!!,

#6436 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Question regarding the left kickback: Does it sometimes time the ball kickback incorrectly if the ball is rolling too fast or too slow? I think about 10-20% of the time that happens for me. I've played with the timing and power in the menu a bit, and that seemed to help. But I wanted to see if this is normal or not.
Thoughts?

Mine did this when i first got it
i physically adjusted the switch a bit and it helped

#6437 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Thoughts?

Yeh, if it drains fast, it'll miss it, but usually gives it back as a regular ball save if so.

#6438 3 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

They're often blinking to tell you that you should shoot the ramp now for whatever mode you're in. But when they're just sitting there red, it's an indication of how close you are to the next time a ramp shot will take your picture. And as someone else mentioned, there are adjustments for that in Game settings, under Wonkavision Camera.

I think there’s a bit more to it as sometimes these inserts are different colors and often there are blank inserts between lit ones. Wish Joe Katz could chime in here.

#6439 3 years ago

What do you guys think? Is Wonka a better pin than Elvira House of Horrors? I sold my House of Horrors to get Wonka and I don't regret it.

#6440 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I'm not a fan of the theme of Wonka, but absolutely love this game...It shoots like butter. I haven't played new Avengers, so can't say; but JJP's build quality is better than Sterns, not even close with recent Stern releases, as I've had JP Prem and Stranger Things among others to come out in the last few years.

Go with Wonka, you won't regret it.

#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from ceterumnet:

Thoughts?

Yes. I have changed the settings for timing and power. I had the same problem.

#6442 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yes. I have changed the settings for timing and power. I had the same problem.

In addition there is a setting for how aggressive it is about handling a missed kickback -

Screenshot 2020-10-30 085415 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-10-30 085415 (resized).png
#6443 3 years ago

In addition there is a setting for how aggressive it is about handling a missed kickback -[quoted image]

Interesting, I didnt notice that when I looked last. Thanks.

#6444 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

What do you guys think? Is Wonka a better pin than Elvira House of Horrors? I sold my House of Horrors to get Wonka and I don't regret it.

I’be been thinking about that comparison lately, too. Elvira has maybe cooler toys and maybe better music, but I think Wonka has a more interesting ruleset and a better layout. I find the ruleset so interesting because there’s so much going on at once. The gobstopper is cool as a toy and satisfying to shoot. Of course the house in Elvira is a stunner. Now that I’ve kind of decided I don’t want GnR I’m thinking about about other games and really leaning towards Wonka again. What made you choose Wonka over Elvira?

#6445 3 years ago

Don't get me wrong I really did enjoy Elvira. But there were so many mechanical issues. That had to be worked out before it played right.

At the end there's just something about a Jersey Jack pinball machine that stands out. They are unique and they are built well. I played Wonka at the pinball arcade around my house. I could just tell it was a special pin. It just shot very well, better than Elvira. I was never a big Willy Wonka fan either. But I'm so glad I bought an LE.

#6446 3 years ago

Just set up my new Wonka LE. The left ramp diverted that gives the ball to the upper left flipper is giving me an issue. It activates but does not send the ball to the flipper. Like it’s not coming down far enough.

Before I go tearing things apart, I figured I’d ask if anyone else has come across this.

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just set up my new Wonka LE. The left ramp diverted that gives the ball to the upper left flipper is giving me an issue. It activates but does not send the ball to the flipper. Like it’s not coming down far enough.
Before I go tearing things apart, I figured I’d ask if anyone else has come across this.

First question - what software version are you running? Open coin door hit black button once, look bottom right corner of the monitor. For that diverter behavior it very much matters.

#6448 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If you have something early in code (earlier than 1.31) please install 1.31 full install (and then ideally 1.33 delta on top of it).

#6449 3 years ago

First question - what software version are you running? Open coin door hit black button once, look bottom right corner of the monitor. For that diverter behavior it very much matters.

I updated to 1.33. Definitely helped but it still misses about 30-40%. In thinking I need to bend that diverted arm down.

#6450 3 years ago

"The Slow Mo Guys" just released a video on "How a Pinball Machine works in Slow Motion". I decided to watch, and turns out Jersey Jack sent them a Wonka to do the video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.