IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 278.
#6301 3 years ago

Man, this game is fun! Never had friends and family play it so much...

Did jersey jack remove some movie clips?
Currently running LE1.31

I’ve started wonkavator about 7 or so times but haven’t seen the wonkavator ball lock 1 or 2 -MOVIE scene/clip once, only the (animated balls in wonkavator clip)

11:09 is what I’m refferring to

#6302 3 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Currently running LE1.31
I’ve started wonkavator about 7 or so times but haven’t seen the wonkavator ball lock 1 or 2 -MOVIE scene/clip once, only the (animated balls in wonkavator clip)
11:09 is what I’m refferring to

I have the CE version and have never seen that clip. It just shows the one ball in the wonkavator. Anyone else?

#6303 3 years ago
Quoted from tem92:

I have the CE version and have never seen that clip. It just shows the one ball in the wonkavator. Anyone else?

+1
CE and i've never seen it either. I'm running 1.33.

Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Currently running LE1.31

JJP added a Delta Upgrade to 1.33 if you feel like it. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

#6304 3 years ago

Maybe it got lost with all the new updates?
I sure hope they bring it back, it fits perfectly, a good immersive scene for the ball lock.

#6305 3 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Maybe it got lost with all the new updates?
I sure hope they bring it back, it fits perfectly, a good immersive scene for the ball lock.

Very early code before all software was locked down and signed off upon by all parties in the licensing agreements.

#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Very early code before all software was locked down and signed off upon by all parties in the licensing agreements.

Dang, it just blends so well into the game.

So it’s safe to say we will not be getting that scene back in future updates?

If so that kinda stinks.

#6307 3 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Dang, it just blends so well into the game.
So it’s safe to say we will not be getting that scene back in future updates?
If so that kinda stinks.

Considering it took a year and half for anyone to notice, I'm gonna say it's not a big deal.

#6308 3 years ago

I feel like at this point I bought a lemon off someone because I'm looking at another issue that I have no idea why/what is going on.

I have a bad opto switch, missing roll pin from the slingshot that just disappeared, start button light went out, pooling everywhere, and now my power just has completely given out.

I was curious why the back metal bracket was off the machine and when I tried to put it back on now I've lost power. I can hear something when it turns on, but I get no power to anything else. I've tried different outlets and my Dialed In's power cord and to no avail. My Dialed In works perfectly fine in all those scenarios so I know it's something in my WW.

Any ideas? Other than the obvious stuff please I wouldn't post an issue if I haven't tried everything I can think of.

#6309 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I feel like at this point I bought a lemon off someone because I'm looking at another issue that I have no idea why/what is going on.
I have a bad opto switch, missing roll pin from the slingshot that just disappeared, start button light went out, pooling everywhere, and now my power just has completely given out.
I was curious why the back metal bracket was off the machine and when I tried to put it back on now I've lost power. I can hear something when it turns on, but I get no power to anything else. I've tried different outlets and my Dialed In's power cord and to no avail. My Dialed In works perfectly fine in all those scenarios so I know it's something in my WW.
Any ideas? Other than the obvious stuff please I wouldn't post an issue if I haven't tried everything I can think of.

If you're getting nothing on powerup the PC may just need a jump start (short the power up pins.) That procedure is pretty well documented. PinMonk even made a button kit to make it easy if it's something that happens a lot.

Frequent power cycles can cause this.

#6310 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Jump start your CPU board.

#6312 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you're getting nothing on powerup the PC may just need a jump start (short the power up pins.) That procedure is pretty well documented. vireland even made a button kit to make it easy if it's something that happens a lot.

It's a pretty common problem. I even sent Jack a kicktap trying to get him to implement that or something like it from the factory to make these issues more user-friendly when they happen. JJP really should fix this moving forward. Considering how many pinball novices will be buying jjGnR, the problem's not going away and reducing it to pushing button 1 or button 2 to fix it is much more user-friendly.

Also, the power cord coming loose inside the metal plate on the back is pretty common, too if you have NO power. A simple server power cord clip would solve this permanently for less than $1 at the factory, but that hasn't been implemented either.

#6313 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a pretty common problem. I even sent Jack a kicktap trying to get him to implement that or something like it from the factory to make these issues more user-friendly when they happen. JJP really should fix this moving forward. Considering how many pinball novices will be buying jjGnR, the problem's not going away and reducing it to pushing button 1 or button 2 to fix it is much more user-friendly.
Also, the power cord coming loose inside the metal plate on the back is pretty common, too if you have NO power. A simple server power cord clip would solve this permanently for less than $1 at the factory, but that hasn't been implemented either.

Exactly.. And I was going to mention the power cable pulling out from the back as well.

#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you're getting nothing on powerup the PC may just need a jump start (short the power up pins.) That procedure is pretty well documented. vireland even made a button kit to make it easy if it's something that happens a lot.

Thank you! It's up and running again! Back down to a few minor issues now! haha

#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Thank you! It's up and running again! Back down to a few minor issues now! haha

Awesome! The opto you mentioned, is it the saucer opto? Cleaning that might help if the game is used.

#6316 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Awesome! The opto you mentioned, is it the saucer opto? Cleaning that might help if the game is used.

It's the Center Ramp made switch that has the metal bracket attached to it I don't even know if it's an opto, but it's under the Wonkavator so not easy to get to. I think it's not registering every time now so I def need to get in there and look at it. Problem is I don't know what to even look for or tweak so I'm hesitant in removing everything to get to it just yet.

They have another video on the test report and how to troubleshoot so going through that a few more times.

#6317 3 years ago

Is it me or is it not super hard to see your balls in Oompa Loompa odyssey?

I have pinstadiums hooked up to GI And during this mode the GI goes dead (intentionally) and the inserts light green and red and pretty dimly I might add.

Is that “just the way it is and always will be” or can you adjust things so GI is on during the mode?

#6318 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

It's the Center Ramp made switch that has the metal bracket attached to it I don't even know if it's an opto, but it's under the Wonkavator so not easy to get to. I think it's not registering every time now so I def need to get in there and look at it. Problem is I don't know what to even look for or tweak so I'm hesitant in removing everything to get to it just yet.
They have another video on the test report and how to troubleshoot so going through that a few more times.

I -think- that one is a microswitch activated by a gate. If I am right, the microswitch might be screwed in too tightly causing it to stick. Just loosening a couple screws on the body of the switch will usually clear that up.

#6319 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Is it me or is it not super hard to see your balls in Oompa Loompa odyssey?
I have pinstadiums hooked up to GI And during this mode the GI goes dead (intentionally) and the inserts light green and red and pretty dimly I might add.
Is that “just the way it is and always will be” or can you adjust things so GI is on during the mode?

I like how it goes dim... Ive never had the problem that others have where they have problems seeing the balls under dim or colored lighting.

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I like how it goes dim... Ive never had the problem that others have where they have problems seeing the balls under dim or colored lighting.

Yeah I like the state change too and I can see the balls, but it’s certainly “work” to track them.

I keep my rec room ambient lighting low so I really rely on whoever programmed the pinball lighting for each game.

Last night I had a helluva time keeping track in Oompa Loompa odyssey!

#6321 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Yeah I like the state change too and I can see the balls, but it’s certainly “work” to track them.
I keep my rec room ambient lighting low so I really rely on whoever programmed the pinball lighting for each game.
Last night I had a helluva time keeping track in Oompa Loompa odyssey!

Shoot the difficult shots first this mode has a pretty long ball save time to help get thru it

#6322 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

You don't have to take anything off to test it - playfield forward to rear set of feet and walk up to the back left corner of the game and you can reach down and test the mircoswitch. See pic and snip from Butch's manual.

IMG_3425 (resized).jpgIMG_3425 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2020-10-20 115413 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-10-20 115413 (resized).png
#6323 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

You don't have to take anything off to test it - playfield forward to rear set of feet and walk up to the back left corner of the game and you can reach down and test the mircoswitch. See pic and snip from Butch's manual.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep you're right I'm able to test it per say not easily though I have to use a screwdriver to really get in there and it's definitely not registering every time. My issue is if I really wanna be able to test it fully without having everything in my way to adjust/etc I will have to remove/take apart the Wonkavator. I don't know if I'm ready for that step yet. I can take apart slingshots, ramps, plastics etc, but this looks intimidating to say the least, ha.

#6324 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

but this looks intimidating to say the least, ha.

Turn the game off.

Two lock nuts below the playfield and a few connectors. ( I don't recall, might be a screw or two along the back of the back wall of the playfield ) Then the whole thing lifts up and out.

Easiest part of getting at your switch to adjust it.

LTG : )

#6325 3 years ago

I love WW, but my only complaint is there is no wizard mode after collecting the third GT. You work your ass off to get that ticket and the reward meh.....the 4th ticket wizard mode is the best....JJP got lazy not creating one for the third ticket.

#6326 3 years ago

Adding to my previous post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/126#post-5912707

Based on what I found under the apron, it has a date code of 08/01/2019. I'm guessing that the date is formatted as DD/MM/YY which is more common in Europe not MM/DD/YY as is more common in the U.S.

IMG_1673 (resized).jpgIMG_1673 (resized).jpg
#6327 3 years ago

I've heard back from JJP on my playfield. Per Jack's addressing this in 2019, JJP doesn't replace a playfield that only has pooling. If the playfield should start chipping, JJP will evaluate and determine if they add you to the replacement playfield queue. They are keeping my support case open at this time. As I've said before this is a commercial amusement game not a fine collectable and I understand that pooling alone doesn't warrant replacement. If the playfield deteriorates beyond pooling I'll be contacting JJP for further consideration and will keep the forum updated. Now I'm going to go play the snot out of my new toy.

#6328 3 years ago

Well I hated the emptiness in the back left corner and I didn’t care for the options available. I picked up a wonka bar and golden ticket. What do you think? I like it

34714B08-03A0-4234-B6E9-1D0318095000 (resized).jpeg34714B08-03A0-4234-B6E9-1D0318095000 (resized).jpegD8B1CC89-EBD6-4DBA-95A7-CF11D784C7AB (resized).jpegD8B1CC89-EBD6-4DBA-95A7-CF11D784C7AB (resized).jpeg
#6329 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Well I hated the emptiness in the back left corner and I didn’t care for the options available. I picked up a wonka bar and golden ticket. What do you think? I like it
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get rid of the ticket. Put it on the apron...maybe

#6330 3 years ago

I've owned my Wonka for over a year now, and I still love it. I just started dimming the room lighting to let the lightshow shine a bit more and WOW. The game is so amazing to watch light up. I can't believe how well they programmed the lights.

IMO, this game is Lawlor's best design, and with the RGB light show in the dark, it is insanely gorgeous. I had a sneaking feeling that I was getting tired of the game, but after a short layoff from the game, i have a renewed passion for the immense flow of the shots, and the great feel of the layout.

Now, I have an even deeper appreciation for the perfect layout, and great light show. could the code be better? probably. but if you are a sucker like me for a great shooting game with amazing lights, then this is a LONG term keeper!!

#6331 3 years ago

I got a random unsolicited offer to discuss my SE last night. Anyone have a general opinion on what an SE with playfield issues should be selling for right now?

#6332 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I got a random unsolicited offer to discuss my SE last night. Anyone have a general opinion on what an SE with playfield issues should be selling for right now?

Interesting. I received a random PM the other day from someone on here saying they had a Wonka LE and wanted to discuss mine. I asked what it was in regards to but they just were vague and said they had one too and for me to call him. I didnt call.

Curious if it was the same person?

#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Interesting. I received a random PM the other day from someone on here saying they had a Wonka LE and wanted to discuss mine. I asked what it was in regards to but they just were vague and said they had one too and for me to call him. I didnt call.
Curious if it was the same person?

No, mine was a local pinsider, said they were looking for a HUO SE to purchase.

#6334 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

No, mine was a local pinsider, said they were looking for a HUO SE to purchase.

Gotcha.

#6335 3 years ago

Joining this club soon. Just bought a NIB LE today. One if the last ones out there I think. Really looking forward to diving into this game!

#6336 3 years ago

I love my Wonka LE. I wasn't sure about the topper, but it looks ways better in person.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I love my Wonka LE. I wasn't sure about the topper, but it looks ways better in person.

Are u talking about JJP's after market topper? I have the same one....my only complaint is its a little bright, but it looks nice

#6338 3 years ago

my only issue with this game is when the ball is up behind the gobstopper, that ball guide causes a ton of balls to go sdtm. Ill go upper left flipper shot around right loop and it goes sdtm. Dunno if I just have the game at the wrong pitch

#6339 3 years ago

This bad boy. Considering the price compared to other crazy toppers, this one is a steal

wonka_topper (resized).pngwonka_topper (resized).png
#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

my only issue with this game is when the ball is up behind the gobstopper, that ball guide causes a ton of balls to go sdtm. Ill go upper left flipper shot around right loop and it goes sdtm. Dunno if I just have the game at the wrong pitch

Those pop bumpers are brutal. I've gotten better over time, but I definitely pick and choose when I hit the upper loop knowing it'll feed those pops. I think the pop bumper feed to drain is normal Lawler.

#6341 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Check the pitch and level..

#6342 3 years ago

Holy crap!

I JUST discovered that ANY shot to the “kid multiball” magnet lights the super spinner for wonka bars!

Before this I thought it was the ramps for 1,2, or 3 wonka bars (depending on the ramp) or 2X wonka bar insert or super spinner insert to collect bars.

Did NOT know that you can rape the “kid multiball” to super spinner shot over and over (regardless of having kids lined up).

NOW I feel 200+ wonka bars is doable!

...gonna be a Wonkalicious weekend baby!

#6343 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Holy crap!
I JUST discovered that ANY shot to the “kid multiball” magnet lights the super spinner for wonka bars!
Before this I thought it was the ramps for 1,2, or 3 wonka bars (depending on the ramp) or 2X wonka bar insert or super spinner insert to collect bars.
Did NOT know that you can rape the “kid multiball” to super spinner shot over and over (regardless of having kids lined up).

What software version are you running? I thought they fixed that exploit? After the 1st time, the ball needs to trigger the inlane before being shot to the kid multiball target to light the super spinner. At least that's the way I'm remembering it right now.

Rob

#6344 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

What software version are you running? I thought they fixed that exploit? After the 1st time, the ball needs to trigger the inlane before being shot to the kid multiball target to light the super spinner. At least that's the way I'm remembering it right now.
Rob

I’m running latest version...1.33 I believe?

..and YES it’s after an in-lane trigger not just a random ball up into the kid multiball target. But having the option on an in-lane to the right flipper throughout the game is HUGE!

#6345 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Rob

From what I remember, that fix is in the beta software that is yet to be released. My memory is pretty crappy though.

#6346 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Holy crap!

200+ wonka bars is definitely doable. I did it a few times in a row a couple weekends ago. But I did not know this. I wonder if I was doing this in order to get those bars. I was getting more than I ever had..

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Holy crap!

Yes....I got 830 Wonka bars last week ... with an 8X play field u can get some pretty high bonuses

#6348 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes....I got 830 Wonka bars last week ... with an 8X play field u can get some pretty high bonuses

You mean 8X bonus, playfield (SuperX) goes to 5x.

#6349 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I’m running latest version...1.33 I believe?

1.33 is the latest. Game turned on. Open coin door. Hit the "Enter" diagnostic button once. Look at lower right corner of the screen to see what version of software is in your game.

LTG : )

#6350 3 years ago

like so many others, my wonka LE had trough board issues. JJP said they had 2 companies making them and when the 1st company couldn't keep up with production, they had another company produce them at a faster rate. It was those faster produced boards from the 2nd company that turned out to be faulty.

JJP graciously sent me a new pair of "reworked" used boards that were supposed to be fine. They ask that you send back the faulty boards so they can rework them, test them and send them out to other owners who are also having issues.

The game worked fine for a week and I ended up trading it. Soon after the sale, the new owner told me he was having the same exact trough issues that I had!

The moral of the story is that if you have through issues, do NOT let JJP send you a pair of reworked boards because they will likely become faulty in short order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/127?hl=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.