IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 279.
#6251 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I did it to give myself a fighting chance due to the little man that pops out of that black plastic piece, picks up your ball and literally throws it in the outlane and then he disappears again til next ball. If I ever do get to taking that piece out I'll be moving the post to that hole. It owes me.

hahah I know what you mean!

I typically like to keep games the way they are from the factory, but wondering how much higher my score would be with the post on. Was curious if others put it on for the higher scores that I see..

#6252 3 years ago

Hey all. I'm kicking around the idea of buying a NIB Wonka LE. I've played it a few times on location and really have never understood the rules. But I've owned all the other JJP pins and have really liked them all once I figured them out.

Does this game have some last-ability?

Is the code pretty deep/wide?

If I'm buying NIB, has JJP fixed their playfield issues? What build date should I be looking for?

After owning the game, would you recommend buying one?

Any other thoughts?

#6253 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all. I'm kicking around the idea of buying a NIB Wonka LE. I've played it a few times on location and really have never understood the rules. But I've owned all the other JJP pins and have really liked them all once I figured them out.

Well let me put it this way...I had a Wonka SE. We put around 5000 plays on it, traded up for a CE and we are now approaching 7000 plays.
Wonka is the game we play every. single. day.
We continue to uncover more nuance and strategy the more we play.

So far my wife has gotten 3 golden tickets once, both of us have gotten 2 a dozen times or so. But more importantly, we're still engaged and excited to keep trying. It's kind of amazing.

I am -extremely- satisfied with the depth and longevity!

Quoted from NightTrain:

Without reservation.

#6254 3 years ago

I also enjoy the game...it's a keeper ! I have an L.E

#6255 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If I'm buying NIB, has JJP fixed their playfield issues? What build date should I be looking for?
Any other thoughts?

Its a crazy addictive game. The rules take a while to figure out, but once u do its a lot of fun. I've owned all the JJP games and this one is the most fun although POTC is more loaded with mechs, but it plays very different (more stop and go). WW has crazy good flow, and the GT's are not easy to obtain. I only play a few times a week, but this is the game that gets turned on the most. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

#6256 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well let me put it this way...I had a Wonka SE. We put around 5000 plays on it, traded up for a CE and we are now approaching 7000 plays.
Wonka is the game we play every. single. day.
We continue to uncover more nuance and strategy the more we play.
So far my wife has gotten 3 golden tickets once, both of us have gotten 2 a dozen times or so. But more importantly, we're still engaged and excited to keep trying. It's kind of amazing.
I am -extremely- satisfied with the depth and longevity!

Without reservation.

Holy Toledo thats a lot of games How many hours a day do u play? I don't think I have 5000 games in my entire collection...

#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Holy Toledo thats a lot of games How many hours a day do u play? I don't think I have 5000 games in my entire collection...

The wife and I play for at least an hour or two every night, often longer.

We're both very competitive with each other. She took down my 8.5M GC from 3/1 last weekend with a 9.9M and I replaced it with 10M the very next day.

There is something super satisfying about collecting gobstoppers, kid jackpots etc that has us chasing the dragon.

At around 12k plays between the two machines, the game has almost paid for itself!

#6258 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The wife and I play for at least an hour or two every night, often longer.
We're both very competitive with each other. She took down my 8.5M GC from 3/1 last weekend with a 9.9M and I replaced it with 10M the very next day.
There is something super satisfying about collecting gobstoppers, kid jackpots etc that has us chasing the dragon.
At around 12k plays between the two machines, the game has almost paid for itself!

Thats awesome....I've got 4 tickets a couple times.....I find the wonkavator ticket the most elusive for me. I've gotten to the 3rd stage, but never finished. I wish they changed the code and added a wizard mode after the 3rd ticket. I love JJP code, but it seems a little lazy that they didnt add that wizard mode.

#6259 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Any other thoughts?

Yes.
Surprisingly deep.
I recently picked one up with no playfield issues October2019 build date... Look for any game built in October 2019 or later.

Can’t convey just how fun this game really is!

#6260 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats awesome....I've got 4 tickets a couple times.....I find the wonkavator ticket the most elusive for me. I've gotten to the 3rd stage, but never finished. I wish they changed the code and added a wizard mode after the 3rd ticket. I love JJP code, but it seems a little lazy that they didnt add that wizard mode.

Wonkavator we're getting closer and closer to. Hitting level 3 fairly regularly. Gobstoppers, we've gotten 4 a few times.

Currently focusing most on the kid ticket, I think it's an easier reach than the others.

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wonkavator we're getting closer and closer to. Hitting level 3 fairly regularly. Gobstoppers, we've gotten 4 a few times.
Currently focusing most on the kid ticket, I think it's an easier reach than the others.

Kid, Gobstopper, factory, and the first mystery GT are the ones I've gotten twice....on both occasions I got to the 3rd stage of Wonkavator and then drained.

#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree that kid and factory are the easiest to obtain, and then of course the mystery first award

#6263 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Any other thoughts?

Its good that you have played it so you are familiar with the layout. It is a deep rule set and lots going on at all times.. You wont get bored easily.

JJP has seemed to fix their playfield issues. The date last talked about was anything after October 2019 production was issue free.

In regards to playing, its a hard game IMO, but that is what keeps me coming back. Ive had it since February and I am still finding new things. The game is beautiful, great light show, great theme...

My only complaint is that the sound quality/clarity is not very good imo. Some have said this is due to the poor speaker placement. Its not enough to make someone not buy the game.

#6264 3 years ago

Question for you guys,

I often notice that there are two insert arrows at the left orbit, top and bottom just underneath each other. I feel like when I make the orbit, the bottom one goes off but the top one stays lit?

Any ideas?

#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for you guys,
I often notice that there are two insert arrows at the left orbit, top and bottom just underneath each other. I feel like when I make the orbit, the bottom one goes off but the top one stays lit?
Any ideas?

The colors of the inserts matter. Kid colored (red for Augustus etc) or purple to denote Super X loops. I imagine it is staying on until you've looped enough to qualify a SuperX mode.

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

JJP has seemed to fix their playfield issues. The date last talked about was anything after October 2019 production was issue free.

You sure? I checked out a lot of wonkas and all had issues that were built in June/July/August/September. Saw 2 in person with October build dates that had no issues.

#6267 3 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

You sure? I checked out a lot of wonkas and all had issues that were built in June/July/August/September. Saw 2 in person with October build dates that had no issues.

June/July/August/September of 2020? Thats news to me..

#6268 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The colors of the inserts matter. Kid colored (red for Augustus etc) or purple to denote Super X loops. I imagine it is staying on until you've looped enough to qualify a SuperX mode.

oh ok. It seems to be always when it is purple.

#6269 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:June/July/August/September of 2020? Thats news to me..

#6270 3 years ago

Bad news regarding playfield finish. My LE has a August 2020 production date. I've submitted a support request and am waiting to hear back from JJP at this time.

_DSC1647 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1647 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1650 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1650 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1651 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1651 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1652 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1652 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1654 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1654 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1656 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1656 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1657 (Large) (resized).JPG_DSC1657 (Large) (resized).JPG
#6271 3 years ago
Quoted from RellikJM:

Bad news regarding playfield finish. My LE has a August 2020 production date. I've submitted a support request and am waiting to hear back from JJP at this time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

well that answers that.. ugghhh sorry to hear that..

#6272 3 years ago

Right, so what I said was that October and after was good to go. But not according to the post just above.. Thats the first ive heard of a 2020 build having issues.

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from RellikJM:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting. I pray that there are no playfield issues with GNR, as Mirco has a spotty record when it comes to playfields. At this price point there should be no issues like this. I for one, will not lower my expectations or accountability.

#6274 3 years ago

I think the playfield pooling has got to be down to Posts being screwed in too tight whilst playfield clear is still “soft”.. it takes weeks /months for a clear to cure properly.

How long are playfields left on the rack for before being used.. a week maybe..?

Chemicals that were used back in the day are no longer legal to use.. I wonder if Ron Kruzman uses the same clear formula as the playfield manufacturers use.. doubt it

#6275 3 years ago

So my matrixed switch #26 came back the center ramp made switch. Says it's open, but how is that possible? The switch is just a simple metal piece that sticks out a little bit? If I hit it with a pen it goes away then comes back a day later. Don't think it causes any play issues, but anything I can do? I would have to take apart the whole Wonkavator to even access it I think. And then what just check connections?

Also does the start button light up? If so why isn't mine working, lol. I don't see any wires not attached. Just got a Dialed in today and that lights up.

#6276 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

but anything I can do?

Test it with a ball.

Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I would have to take apart the whole Wonkavator to even access it I think.

Power off. Under the playfield - a few connectors and a couple lock nuts. The whole thing lifts up.

LTG : )

#6277 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Test it with a ball.

Power off. Under the playfield - a few connectors and a couple lock nuts. The whole thing lifts up.

Quoted from LTG:

Test it with a ball.

What am I testing though? I throw a ball in there and it registers, but doesn't go away. When I use a pen it goes away then comes back the next day.

#6278 3 years ago

Messed around and made some sling protectors. I was hoping the clear filament would act more like a light illumination scenario. Like having a lit trim around the plastic. Not so much so i'll probably change the color at some point to clear goldish yellow translucent filament I have.
The plastic is recessed in the ones I made so it's flush like its one piece. I see these for sale all the time and they are nice but free is king. ha.
I've had numerous people ask me if I'm going to sell some of the doohickeys I've made and I hate to say no all the time so I'll eventually figure out how to upload my stuff to the thingiverse site so people can use them for personal use. Maybe charge for the file. I don't know how it works actually. This game is my favorite of my 3 for sure. Dialed In and Iron Maiden are my other 2. I'm thinking of getting rid of my Iron Maiden actually to free up space for Simpsons Pinball Party or 75thWOZ or both . oh and a Paragon too. I don't like to sell stuff but I don't think I can get 3 more in the room. Maiden is awesome it's just it will be the only one to go if I'm pressed. and... oh yeah, I don't really have money for those other 3.
30 seconds later.....no way i'm selling Iron Maiden. ....
...dials contractors to price addition...
...forgets doesn't have money again and goes and plays Iron Maiden...

20201017_113438 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201017_113438 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#6279 3 years ago

Playfield iron success! Spent all morning fixing all the post pooling and it turned out amazing! Thanks for all the help getting that accomplished!

New issue somehow the slingshot arm lost a black pin that held it to the coil. I've looked and looked have no clue where it went. Where do I go about ordering something like that? And what is it even called?

16029593488743943420180440047711.jpg16029593488743943420180440047711.jpg16029593654913191519638161050311.jpg16029593654913191519638161050311.jpg16029593749418612923346463799714.jpg16029593749418612923346463799714.jpg16029593853631444668132059831512.jpg16029593853631444668132059831512.jpg
#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Where do I go about ordering something like that? And what is it even called?

Roll pin. Hardware store.

Or pinball parts place, get a new slingshot arm.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Thanks for all the help getting that accomplished!

Every time you clean slide this ring ( or any ring wearing ) around a little to a different spot.

This one is going to break from wear in red circled area.

WW (resized).jpgWW (resized).jpg
#6282 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Every time you clean slide this ring ( or any ring wearing ) around a little to a different spot.
This one is going to break from wear in red circled area.
[quoted image]

Yeah I've ordered all new rings so should replace those soon. Only 20 plays on this and having a hard time keeping up on all the maintenance for it not even been played! Unbelievable! Lol

#6283 3 years ago

So I’ve owned a Wonka standard edition for a few months now and still haven’t gotten a Wonkavator Multiball to start. It’s not even registering the shot when I make it, would this be a sensor issue or what? I can’t find a testing setting to track down what the issue is and honestly this is the most advanced machine I’ve ever owned so I’m not sure how best to troubleshoot the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

#6284 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Any help would be appreciated!

Game turned on in attract mode. Open coin door - hit the Enter diagnostic button. Any errors reported ? If so you might need to fix them, if not, then learn what you need to do to get Wonkavator Multiball to start.

#6285 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

So I’ve owned a Wonka standard edition for a few months now and still haven’t gotten a Wonkavator Multiball to start. It’s not even registering the shot when I make it, would this be a sensor issue or what? I can’t find a testing setting to track down what the issue is and honestly this is the most advanced machine I’ve ever owned so I’m not sure how best to troubleshoot the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

If no errors glare out at you when you open the coin door and hit the black enter button, try this below.
Since there are a few ways to get balls to lock in Wonkavator Multiball I would try to activate it manually by taking the glass off and completing the steps to qualify and lock balls and eventually start the multiball mode. These links are handy for what you need to hit to qualify. Along with all the other rules of course but its in there. http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

I'd make sure that everything works one by one above the playfield before I even thought to start tearing in to a game. When troubleshooting, no matter how complex the system, you always want start simple.

You can make all those switches of course by using the diganostics menu but that can be a little overwhelming to start with so keep it easy and hit the stuff on the playfield to make sure it is in fact registering.
Report back after please and we can assist from there.
r/
Mike

#6286 3 years ago

How exactly do you start the game in attract mode?!

#6287 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

How exactly do you start the game in attract mode?!

Turn the game on. Attract mode is automatic when the game isn't being played. It's basically what a machine looks like powered on and not being played.
It's called attract mode nowadays because it may interact with people passing by like the camera detects movement and comes to life and says something or lights flash etc....

#6288 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Here's a quick visual of rules and whatnot.

WW_Rules_Jan20.pdfWW_Rules_Jan20.pdf
#6289 3 years ago

Alright, I did what you’ve suggested and no error reports come up when I enter the diagnostic screen. I went to the switch test and this is what it shows currently. I’m not sure if this is helpful to you all or not, but figured I’d post it anyways! I know how the multiball is activated and I’m confident I’m hitting the right shot but it’s still not registering.

E1C84F10-517C-4EE2-807D-20C2B4E8041F (resized).jpegE1C84F10-517C-4EE2-807D-20C2B4E8041F (resized).jpeg
#6290 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Alright, I did what you’ve suggested and no error reports come up when I enter the diagnostic screen. I went to the switch test and this is what it shows currently. I’m not sure if this is helpful to you all or not, but figured I’d post it anyways! I know how the multiball is activated and I’m confident I’m hitting the right shot but it’s still not registering.
[quoted image]

In the settings is Wonkavator lock set to virtual or physical? You want virtual on the SE.

#6291 3 years ago

My brother in law just picked one of these up, what do yall have flipper strength set to? His seem a bit weak.

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

My brother in law just picked one of these up, what do yall have flipper strength set to? His seem a bit weak.

My suggestion is increase them equally by 1 increment, play, and repeat until they feel right. For me that was +2 across the board. Going too high will cause airballs, broken stuff, etc.

#6293 3 years ago

It’s in virtual lock but I can’t even change that setting if I wanted to, it’s greyed out in the settings.

#6294 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

It’s in virtual lock but I can’t even change that setting if I wanted to, it’s greyed out in the settings.

Probably as it should be,I would take off glass and trigger wonkavator multiball in game

#6295 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My suggestion is increase them equally by 1 increment, play, and repeat until they feel right. For me that was +2 across the board. Going too high will cause airballs, broken stuff, etc.

Gotcha, thanks.

#6296 3 years ago

I’ve tried activating it manually to no avail. It’s gotta be a sensor issue, right?! Tried uploading a video but it won’t let me. Trust me tho it’s not working.

#6297 3 years ago

So I think I tracked down the issue in that this rollover switch doesn’t seem to be registering. I’m still not getting any error messages but nothing happens when I press down on the switch as the game is playing. Any thoughts on what to do next?!

18253F68-0C0E-4B6E-8144-D42C59E964C1 (resized).jpeg18253F68-0C0E-4B6E-8144-D42C59E964C1 (resized).jpeg7D1EE606-5D8F-4ECE-9703-E2271CDE24C5 (resized).jpeg7D1EE606-5D8F-4ECE-9703-E2271CDE24C5 (resized).jpeg
#6298 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

but nothing happens when I press down on the switch as the game is playing.

Tests - Switches Matrixed - does it work there ?

If not - Turn game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. Remove two screws holding switch and bracket and lower it. Press switch, hear it click ? If so likely needs a little adjusting so it's a tiny bit higher sticking up through the playfield. It might be working sometimes so as not to get flagged.

Be sure the switch arm isn't sticking in the slot in the playfield it goes up and down in and binding or sticking.

#6299 3 years ago

Started playing Wonka and di a lot lately as my working season is slowly calming down and coming to a end. I think once all the dust settles from g@r hype Wonka and di will still stand out as amazing shooters with awesome flow. Yes the g@r package in general is amazing and special and cant wait to get one hopefully soon but wonka and di will still hold their own as they have amazing packages also. Great thing about jjp pins is everyone is so different and offers such a different experience from one another. Whenever I get my new home with a big basement gameroom I will have all the jjp pins bc they are all a great experience imo.

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Started playing Wonka and di a lot lately as my working season is slowly calming down and coming to a end. I think once all the dust settles from g@r hype Wonka and di will still stand out as amazing shooters with awesome flow. Yes the g@r package in general is amazing and special and cant wait to get one hopefully soon but wonka and di will still hold their own as they have amazing packages also. Great thing about jjp pins is everyone is so different and offers such a different experience from one another. Whenever I get my new home with a big basement gameroom I will have all the jjp pins bc they are all a great experience imo.

I couldn't agree more. Wonka is a great shooter with really_ great rules that keeps us coming back over and over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/126?hl=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.