IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 278.
#6201 3 years ago

Super late to the club, but a CE arriving next week (hopefully). Cant wait.

Obligitory questions......must have mods? Major tweaks needed out of box?

#6202 3 years ago

I modded mine out with that back left being empty on a se with home built some of the stuff you can mod out with is type in Willy wonka toy on eBay.But love the smoke stack I think it was up for a award at twippy

B8C8CE01-DA4A-4E6E-873F-CE36AABCBF2B (resized).jpegB8C8CE01-DA4A-4E6E-873F-CE36AABCBF2B (resized).jpeg
#6203 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

I modded mine out with that back left being empty on a se with home built some of the stuff you can mod out with is type in Willy wonka toy on eBay.But love the smoke stack I think it was up for a award at twippy
[quoted image]

Whose the smoke stack from?

#6204 3 years ago

What do the four dashed leds indicate by the center ramp (the one you hit with the upper right flipper)?

See pic...the four dashed leds southeast of the wonka bar insert leading towards the ramp.

They seem to illuminate in different patterns throughout the game. Anyone know what they indicate?

42F6477B-94EB-4424-8907-51B4507F91AC (resized).jpeg42F6477B-94EB-4424-8907-51B4507F91AC (resized).jpeg
#6205 3 years ago

I noticed a weird issue the last two days when playing. Randomly, a sling will fire and a random flipper. Cant find any pattern to this.

Anyone experience anything like that?

#6206 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

[quoted image]

Thats some good work! Looks great.

#6207 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Whose the smoke stack from?

Mezel has a cool one u change out mod couple has one you attach no take out

8D1D2084-FD29-4173-9F8F-958B5A26A3BC (resized).png8D1D2084-FD29-4173-9F8F-958B5A26A3BC (resized).png
#6208 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thats some good work! Looks great.

Thank you

#6209 3 years ago

Was playing this last night and had an absolute blast. For any new SE owners, the shaker is a MUST HAVE for this game. The wonkavator and wonkatania modes are fantastic with it.

#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Was playing this last night and had an absolute blast. For any new SE owners, the shaker is a MUST HAVE for this game. The wonkavator and wonkatania modes are fantastic with it.

Can you adjust the shaker intensity anywhere in the utilities?

I have an le and love the shaker...just wondering if it can be adjusted

#6211 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Can you adjust the shaker intensity anywhere in the utilities?

No. Adjust it in settings - coils.

LTG : )

#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I noticed a weird issue the last two days when playing. Randomly, a sling will fire and a random flipper. Cant find any pattern to this.

I'd check the adjustment of your leaf blade switches. They could be too sensitive.

#6213 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd check the adjustment of your leaf blade switches. They could be too sensitive.

Thats the only thing that came into mind as well. Ill double check. It doesnt happen all the time and I just noticed it the other day. Seems to happen after playing for a little bit.

#6214 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good question....I wish they would add a wizard mode for collecting the third GT...other than that it looks pretty complete to me

I think they should do this and then maybe make an option to randomize which Wizard mode unlocks with each golden ticket achieved. I suppose you could keep Pure Imagination for last, but it would be really great to have the first ticket randomly activate, say, Most Secret Machine or Wonka's Office mode instead of always being Oompa Loompa Odyssey (even though that is awesome).

#6215 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I think they should do this and then maybe make an option to randomize which Wizard mode unlocks with each golden ticket achieved. I suppose you could keep Pure Imagination for last, but it would be really great to have the first ticket randomly activate, say, Most Secret Machine or Wonka's Office mode instead of always being Oompa Loompa Odyssey (even though that is awesome).

Good idea...my personal favorite is the most secret machine mode, but its hard to collect 4 tickets

#6216 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Found what it was. The sling post was very unscrewed and was leaning.. Not even sure how that happened. All better now

#6217 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Super late to the club, but a CE arriving next week (hopefully). Cant wait.
Obligitory questions......must have mods? Major tweaks needed out of box?

So just the tower?

#6218 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So just the tower?

Personally, I like the stock tower better. Mods are just based on opinion and I wouldnt say there are any "must have" mods.

I would certainly look to get protection pieces such as Cliffy protectors or a lane protector from Mezel Mods.

#6219 3 years ago

Got tired of the gobstopper switch getting hung up. Had a piece of 3m tape(not visible) where the switch connects to its housing(few posts back). It worked until it didn't so I made this. It actually pressure fit on there as a side bonus.

20201014_100924 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100924 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#6220 3 years ago

Made a few more doohickeys. The Golden ticket I got on thingiverse. It had an extra letter in the 10 A.M.M so i knocked off an M. I'll make my own at some point or not.
The big ones left are the wonkatania and the wonkamobile. I'm not smart enough to do 3d design and can't find any wonka toys out there that would fit.

20201014_100844 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100844 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100704 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100704 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100542 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100542 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100627 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100627 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100747 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201014_100747 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#6221 3 years ago

Finally got a couple good scores, my best just shy of 5mm. But I did that with only one golden ticket. How the heck to do you go about getting those? The most I have ever gotten was 2.

#6222 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Finally got a couple good scores, my best just shy of 5mm. But I did that with only one golden ticket. How the heck to do you go about getting those? The most I have ever gotten was 2.

Factory: Complete 4 captive ball modes (orange), 4 factory modes (blue) and 4 super X modes (purple)
Kid: Get all 5 kid jackpots, a double and a super in Kid MB
Gobstopper: Get all 5 gobstoppers in Gobstopper MB
Wonkavator: Complete all 3 levels of Wonkavator MB

#6223 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

STOLEN FROM TWIP PAGE.
There are FIVE Golden Tickets hidden within the different modes of the game. Here is how they are (currently) acquired:

A Golden Ticket is hidden inside the gumball machine.
A Golden Ticket is earned by collecting 5 Gobstopper Jackpots (Super Jackpots) during Gobstopper Multiball.
A Golden Ticket is earned by collecting all possible jackpots in Kid Multiball (all 5 kid jackpots, double jackpot and a super jackpot).
A Golden Ticket is earned by playing the entire Factory Tour.
A Golden Ticket is earned by completing Wonkavator Multiball.
Each Golden Ticket found earns unique and sometimes magical awards to the player.

The link to the deep dive is here.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

#6224 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Factory: Complete 4 captive ball modes (orange), 4 factory modes (blue) and 4 super X modes (purple)
Kid: Get all 5 kid jackpots, a double and a super in Kid MB
Gobstopper: Get all 5 gobstoppers in Gobstopper MB
Wonkavator: Complete all 3 levels of Wonkavator MB

Quoted from mikepmcs:

STOLEN FROM TWIP PAGE.
There are FIVE Golden Tickets hidden within the different modes of the game. Here is how they are (currently) acquired:
A Golden Ticket is hidden inside the gumball machine.
A Golden Ticket is earned by collecting 5 Gobstopper Jackpots (Super Jackpots) during Gobstopper Multiball.
A Golden Ticket is earned by collecting all possible jackpots in Kid Multiball (all 5 kid jackpots, double jackpot and a super jackpot).
A Golden Ticket is earned by playing the entire Factory Tour.
A Golden Ticket is earned by completing Wonkavator Multiball.
Each Golden Ticket found earns unique and sometimes magical awards to the player.
The link to the deep dive is here.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-deep-dive-overview-rules-features-images-more/

Perfect, thanks guys!

#6225 3 years ago

seems like getting Golden Tickets is quite the challenge!

#6226 3 years ago

Were there playfield issues with CE's?

#6227 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

seems like getting Golden Tickets is quite the challenge!

I find the wonkavator to be the most elusive...

#6228 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I find the wonkavator to be the most elusive...

Considering pinstadiums on my wonka LE ..yea or nea?

Don’t want to lose the great light show, but MAN this playfield is dark!

#6229 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Mine has pin stadiums.... and yea its a little dark

#6230 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I highly recommend pinstadiums on this game, it’s beautiful and doesn’t really take away from the light show (in my opinion)

#6231 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Made a few more doohickeys. The Golden ticket I got on thingiverse. It had an extra letter in the 10 A.M.M so i knocked off an M. I'll make my own at some point or not.
The big ones left are the wonkatania and the wonkamobile. I'm not smart enough to do 3d design and can't find any wonka toys out there that would fit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love that golden ticket great idea

#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

I love that golden ticket great idea

I downloaded it off myminifactory. I thought it was thingiverse. It has an extra M in the 10 A.M.M sharp though.
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-the-golden-ticket-charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-6687

#6233 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I also have them installed.
Here's some crappy video in attract mode. They are adjustable of course. I just have them on 7 color fade for the most part but it improves playfield lighting. Keep the white % to a minimum and the factory light show is still there.
Off:

On:

UV Flasher: It's in attract mode. I have it triggered from the shaker motor. It's decent there but would like to find another flasher to trigger it to eventually.

#6234 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hadn't noticed anything on mine that jumped out at me so I just looked hard for the first time and there looks to be some pooling under the top/upper posts of both lower slings. I'll have to take them apart and see what's going on. Maybe its my eyes but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be disappointed when I remove the slings. Clear coat (4 to 1 to 1) isn't rocket science so I can't figure out why pinball playfield manufacturers can't figure this out.

#6235 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I downloaded it off myminifactory. I thought it was thingiverse. It has an extra M in the 10 A.M.M sharp though.
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-the-golden-ticket-charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-6687

Ive looked into buying a few golden ticket items like this, but the one problem I have is that the date on them is wrong based on the movie. It would drive me crazy haha. For the movie, the date is October 1st, not Feb. 1st.

#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I hadn't noticed anything on mine that jumped out at me so I just looked hard for the first time and there looks to be some pooling under the top/upper posts of both lower slings. I'll have to take them apart and see what's going on. Maybe its my eyes but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be disappointed when I remove the slings. Clear coat (4 to 1 to 1) isn't rocket science so I can't figure out why pinball playfield manufacturers can't figure this out.

What is the manufacturing date?

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ive looked into buying a few golden ticket items like this, but the one problem I have is that the date on them is wrong based on the movie. It would drive me crazy haha. For the movie, the date is October 1st, not Feb. 1st.

Correct. The original Golden Ticket doesn't look like this one and says first day of october as stated.
This one is in line with the 2005 Charlie and the chocolate factory movie for sure.
I haven't been able to successfully print the 1971 ticket on my 3d printer due to size. I need a smaller .2 nozzle and will have to go with maybe .08 layer height.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What is the manufacturing date?

February 24th, 2020.

#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Correct. The original Golden Ticket doesn't look like this one and says first day of october as stated.
This one is in line with the 2005 Charlie and the chocolate factory movie for sure.
I haven't been able to successfully print the 1971 ticket on my 3d printer due to size. I need a smaller .2 nozzle and will have to go with maybe .08 layer height.

The book is February also but they changed it to October for the filming..

#6240 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Definite pooling on the upper sling posts. Decided to leave it. I'd probably create more of an issue if I disturbed the connection where they apparently used an impact hammer to tighten it to the playfield. Lower posts weren't as bad but I put mylar on the playfield because I had some that fit.
I saw the fix in another thread about using a vinyl repair iron. Maybe someday I'll tackle it but for now it's gonna stay that way.
upper post:
20201015_095330 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201015_095330 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201015_095311 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201015_095311 (Medium) (resized).jpg

lower post:
20201015_100058 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201015_100058 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201015_101740 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201015_101740 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20201015_101929 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201015_101929 (Medium) (resized).jpg

anyone know how this ill thought out piece of black plastic comes out: maybe punching it out from the bottom is the way to go I guess but if it's screwed in there they may be challenging.
20201015_104037 (Medium) (resized).jpg20201015_104037 (Medium) (resized).jpg

#6241 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Definite pooling on the upper sling posts. Decided to leave it. I'd probably create more of an issue if I disturbed the connection where they apparently used an impact hammer to tighten it to the playfield. Lower posts weren't as bad but I put mylar on the playfield because I had some that fit.
I saw the fix in another thread about using a vinyl repair iron. Maybe someday I'll tackle it but for now it's gonna stay that way.
upper post:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
lower post:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
anyone know how this ill thought out piece of black plastic comes out: maybe punching it out from the bottom is the way to go I guess but if it's screwed in there they may be challenging.
[quoted image]

You cant just pull it up from the playfield?

That pooling doesnt look too bad really imo. Are the later pictures actually pooling or just cuts into the clear from the post?

#6242 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You cant just pull it up from the playfield?
That pooling doesnt look too bad really imo. Are the later pictures actually pooling or just cuts into the clear from the post?

To get under it I'd have to use a razor blade or something to separate it from the playfield surface. My eyes aren't what they used to be so I'm not risking damaging the playfield.
Was hoping it was just a press in plug so I could punch it from the bottom.

Yes. The lower posts are cuts in the clear moreso than pooling.This is a result of being installed prior to the clear fully curing. If the game was older then I would lean towards normal wear. It is what it is.

#6243 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

To get under it I'd have to use a razor blade or something to separate it from the playfield surface. My eyes aren't what they used to be so I'm not risking damaging the playfield.
Was hoping it was just a press in plug so I could punch it from the bottom.
Yes. The lower posts are cuts in the clear moreso than pooling.This is a result of being installed prior to the clear fully curing. If the game was older then I would lean towards normal wear. It is what it is.

Oh, I thought post would do that in general if tight. I saw that they sell some mylar rings for just that reason.

Im pretty sure that plastic piece just plugs in. I bet anything you could punch it from the backside to lift it out.

#6244 3 years ago

Out of curiosity, how many of you choose to install that optional post at the left out-lane area where the two holes are?

#6245 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Out of curiosity, how many of you choose to install that optional post at the left out-lane area where the two holes are?

I did it to give myself a fighting chance due to the little man that pops out of that black plastic piece, picks up your ball and literally throws it in the outlane and then he disappears again til next ball. If I ever do get to taking that piece out I'll be moving the post to that hole. It owes me.

#6246 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

upper post:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
lower post:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the heads up. That doesn’t look too bad, but I’ll probably go over it and lay some Mylar down just in case.

#6247 3 years ago

new high score today with 5.6m. And I had extra ball lit when I drained damnit(thats the worst). Ive had as few mid 3m games and this one just blew them out. I really rwally like this game a lot. The shot from upper left flipper through the spinner and back around is so sweet.....

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

new high score today with 5.6m. And I had extra ball lit when I drained damnit(thats the worst). Ive had as few mid 3m games and this one just blew them out. I really rwally like this game a lot. The shot from upper left flipper through the spinner and back around is so sweet.....

My favorite shot right now is left orbit around the back to the upper right flipper then up the center ramp then factory ramp to gobstopper ramp! Perfection! Lol

#6249 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

I highly recommend pinstadiums on this game, it’s beautiful and doesn’t really take away from the light show (in my opinion)

Glad to hear that! Just ordered a set while he’s running the expo2020 promo. Good through oct 17.

My concern is the tolerance between the play field and the magnets when you raise the play field.

I fear there is VERY little room and the play field will scrape the magnet strips off when I raise it.

Hoping for the best!

#6250 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Glad to hear that! Just ordered a set while he’s running the expo2020 promo. Good through oct 17.
My concern is the tolerance between the play field and the magnets when you raise the play field.
I fear there is VERY little room and the play field will scrape the magnet strips off when I raise it.
Hoping for the best!

It’s a tight fit, but it works!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
12,500 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 91.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/125?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.