IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 278.
#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Gotcha makes sense now, thanks a lot!

yea if go through the effort of installing blades these are a must in this game...theres just not much room between the play field and cabinet.

#6154 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Mine comes tomorrow too! Lol

Congrats!!! Nice to see two new members to the group!

#6155 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Very excited! Be patient with the rules. They don't make sense at first, and the lights don't really tell you what to do. The call outs are a little cryptic too, but are very consistent. Certain quotes from the movie guide you, but it is not obvious at first what they are telling you to do. Oh, and the shots to complete Augustus make no sense: Right ramp, left loop. Oh and... i could go on and on. Great pin, have fun!

Thanks for the intel! I’ve been watching tutorial videos the past several weeks so I have a general grasp of the rules. Only played the game at expo last year.

It does appear that the insert lights (showing what shots to hit next) are somewhat hard to see...at least in the youtube videos. I’m hoping that in person they are a bit more apparent.

I’m very excited to get this game and can’t wait to get to Wonka’s office and beyond!

#6156 3 years ago

So got my game today super excited! Lots of pooling pretty much on every star post and most of the metal posts. I would say two or three of them are pushed up to the point there are ridges. The person that sold it to me assured me he couldn't see any or it wasn't bad and in most of the pics it looked like reflections, but it was pooling. What do I even do? Is it not a big deal? Any links to things I can do to cover them up? What do I look for that are major issues that could lead to cracking?

#6157 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

So got my game today super excited! Lots of pooling pretty much on every star post and most of the metal posts. I would say two or three of them are pushed up to the point there are ridges. The person that sold it to me assured me he couldn't see any or it wasn't bad and in most of the pics it looked like reflections, but it was pooling. What do I even do? Is it not a big deal? Any links to things I can do to cover them up? What do I look for that are major issues that could lead to cracking?

Covered extensively by our friend Yelobird and I can confirm the “playfield iron” approach did work for me on a Wonka SE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

#6158 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Covered extensively by our friend yelobird and I can confirm the “playfield iron” approach did work for me on a Wonka SE.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

How many spots did you try? Looks like all 4 star posts need a little love and then 5 metal/clear posts and then left side metal bracket dug in also.

#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

How many spots did you try? Looks like all 4 star posts need a little love and then 5 metal/clear posts and then left side metal bracket dug in also.

I had 4 or 5 spots I did on Wonka SE.

#6160 3 years ago

It was the slingshots and the left rubber posts.

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had 4 or 5 spots I did on Wonka SE.

Awesome thanks man! I have everything ordered and on the way!

#6162 3 years ago

Got my new WWLE today! So far I’m having a blast with it.

But what’s with this ball trap just left of the gob stopper shot? I’ve had the ball get stuck here several times and had to remove the glass to get to it.

Looks like a post should be there, and there’s even a VERY small hole for a post, but no post in the goody bag. Probably been covered in this thread but any thoughts?
D38DA18A-CAD3-4667-9422-A5211DFB616C (resized).jpegD38DA18A-CAD3-4667-9422-A5211DFB616C (resized).jpegE1AE6E4F-1A0A-4AFD-8DE5-57D276A3CDF3 (resized).jpegE1AE6E4F-1A0A-4AFD-8DE5-57D276A3CDF3 (resized).jpeg

#6163 3 years ago

Missing a lane guide.

LTG : )

DSC00361 (resized).JPGDSC00361 (resized).JPG
#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Missing a lane guide.
[quoted image]

Yep....Your on top of it as usual....

#6165 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Missing a lane guide.
[quoted image]

Thanks (as usual) Lloyd!!!

Nothing rattling around in the machine, so looks like I’ll be calling JJP on Monday. Somebody on the line skipped a step it appears!

#6166 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Thanks (as usual) Lloyd!!!
Nothing rattling around in the machine, so looks like I’ll be calling JJP on Monday. Somebody on the line skipped a step it appears!

That may actual help you avoid a frustrating sdtm drain. That guide sends it there a lot

#6167 3 years ago

“Trough error..unexpected ball arrangement” On a fresh outta the box WWLE!

Pulled the trough optos and cleaned them...no dice
Had a high sling switch always active and fixed that

Can anyone look at my matrix guide and tell me what else could be the issue?

Have family coming over in a few hours and sadly the game I just unpacked yesterday is a pretty boat anchor. Played several games no prob last night and this morning she just decides to quick working...ugh.

Gotta love this hobby!

67FE9F9C-BE77-47DE-BA85-F0F878D159C1 (resized).jpeg67FE9F9C-BE77-47DE-BA85-F0F878D159C1 (resized).jpegCE462D39-7B30-46D3-B9AE-5977BE574154 (resized).jpegCE462D39-7B30-46D3-B9AE-5977BE574154 (resized).jpeg
#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

“Trough error..unexpected ball arrangement” On a fresh outta the box WWLE!
Pulled the trough optos and cleaned them...no dice
Had a high sling switch always active and fixed that
Can anyone look at my matrix guide and tell me what else could be the issue?
Have family coming over in a few hours and sadly the game I just unpacked yesterday is a pretty boat anchor. Played several games no prob last night and this morning she just decides to quick working...ugh.
Gotta love this hobby!
[quoted image][quoted image]

May have found the offending component.

When I disconnect the saucer opto The game finds all the balls and fires up just fine. Sadly the saucer is a required feature, so looks like this game is outta commission for the family party.

Anyone with experience have suggestions on a workaround for a bad single reflective opto board? 15-100012-00

063011B0-D4D8-4D3A-AD16-3B26E0FC28C1 (resized).jpeg063011B0-D4D8-4D3A-AD16-3B26E0FC28C1 (resized).jpeg
#6169 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

May have found the offending component.
When I disconnect the saucer opto The game finds all the balls and fires up just fine. Sadly the saucer is a required feature, so looks like this game is outta commission for the family party.
Anyone with experience have suggestions on a workaround for a bad single reflective opto board? 15-100012-00[quoted image]

You can reflow the solder on that opto board. Worked for me durably on the trough opto board.

#6170 3 years ago

Another noob needs a little help! Lol Got all my pooling researched and bought to fix. Now I'm getting this error message?

Check matrixed switch #26, Center Ramp Made (stuck open)

Snapchat-1190339596 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1190339596 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1970735928 (resized).jpgSnapchat-1970735928 (resized).jpg
#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Check matrixed switch #26, Center Ramp Made (stuck open)

Go in to Tests - Switches - Matrixed, hit the switch. See if it works, or is stuck closed. Then try with a ball. May just need adjusting.

#6172 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go in to Tests - Switches - Matrixed, hit the switch. See if it works, or is stuck closed. Then try with a ball. May just need adjusting.

Hmm I just hit it with a pen and it went away.

Power cycled it and didn't come back.

It was definitely registering in game so couldn't tell what was wrong.

Thanks sir!

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

You can reflow the solder on that opto board. Worked for me durably on the trough opto board.

They are pretty small solder points but I may give it a shot.

Interestingly after I left the machine off for a while I came back to it turn it on and it’s playing fine now… How the heck does that happen? I don’t expect it to stay running for a long though. There’s got to be a flaky solder point or switch somewhere in the matrix.

#6174 3 years ago

hello, can you tell me in which mission the magnets under the candy are triggered? they don't seem powerful

#6175 3 years ago

So the flippers on my WWLE seem just a touch underpowered....

Who here has increased their flipper strength in the settings?

If so, did you adjust all of them equally?...and by how much?

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Settings - Coils - flippers are there.

Quoted from SBrothers:

I would start with equally. Up to you. Try different settings. See what makes your game play great for you.

They don't have to be equal if you don't want them to be. A game like White Water has four flippers, and four different coils. So you can make certain shots, and not break stuff.

#6177 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

hello, can you tell me in which mission the magnets under the candy are triggered? they don't seem powerful

Most frequently they screw with you during multiballs. I believe the lights around them flash when active.

#6178 3 years ago

thank you. I have a problem, sometimes the pinball machine sends 2 balls, sometimes it does not send balls ... has anyone already had this problem? could it come from the ball?

#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

So the flippers on my WWLE seem just a touch underpowered....

I am at 20, 20, 14, 16

#6180 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I am at 20, 20, 14, 16

I bumped the flippers 2 above default and I am very happy with it. If the balls are flying off the ramps it's too high.

It honestly feels a wee bit overpowered during normal play, but when the multiballs are active and the magnets are sucking power it keeps them from being underpowered.

#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - Coils - flippers are there.

I would start with equally. Up to you. Try different settings. See what makes your game play great for you.
They don't have to be equal if you don't want them to be. A game like White Water has four flippers, and four different coils. So you can make certain shots, and not break stuff.

Thanks lloyd! I’m tweeting with them in even increments. Bumped em each up 2points and that seems to be just fine!

#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I am at 20, 20, 14, 16

Thanks for sharing your settings!

#6183 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Thanks lloyd! I’m tweeting with them in even increments. Bumped em each up 2points and that seems to be just fine!

Exactly what I just did! Feels perfect now!

#6184 3 years ago

So where do all the high score selfie pictures go?

Shouldn’t they show alongside the scores on the high score table?

I looked through settings and see nothing that enables pictures being shown during attract mode.

Seems kinda pointless to have them taken if they just vanish into the ether.

#6185 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

I looked through settings and see nothing that enables pictures being shown during attract mode.

Press the left flipper button twice to see the pictures.

#6186 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

They show in attract mode...cycle through the screens with the flipper buttons.

#6187 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I have a problem, sometimes the pinball machine sends 2 balls, sometimes it does not send balls

New balls, yours are magnetized.

One of these helps too - ( when back in stock ) - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

#6188 3 years ago

Or Opto board for trough is faulty- my CE did this- was bad solider joint- Reflowed - fixed it

#6189 3 years ago

I’ve not really got to grips with my CE.. I haven’t learnt the rules and have only managed to get scores just over 1 mil!

Then comes along G&R... Wonka was up for the block.. but now.. fuck it.. I’m keeping it.. and getting G&RLE.. the wife’s not gonna be happy...

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’ve not really got to grips with my CE.. I haven’t learnt the rules and have only managed to get scores just over 1 mil!
Then comes along G&R... Wonka was up for the block.. but now.. fuck it.. I’m keeping it.. and getting G&RLE.. the wife’s not gonna be happy...

If you haven't seen this, maybe it will help:

#6191 3 years ago

Yeah.. I shy away from watching full tutorials as I want to experience and and see the animations..

Will take time to read up and learn them.

#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Press the left flipper button twice to see the pictures.

There ya go! Thanks!

#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They show in attract mode...cycle through the screens with the flipper buttons.

Thanks...I tried cycling through the screens with flipper buttons and saw no pics. Judremy was right you have to hit the left flipper button twice and then the pics show as you cycle through the screens.

Wish there was a way to have them always show...without the flipper button presses

#6194 3 years ago

By default the gallery will cycle up of its own accord during the attract mode, eventually.

#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Thanks...I tried cycling through the screens with flipper buttons and saw no pics. Judremy was right you have to hit the left flipper button twice and then the pics show as you cycle through the screens.
Wish there was a way to have them always show...without the flipper button presses

Quoted from slippifishi:

By default the gallery will cycle up of its own accord during the attract mode, eventually.

It's about every 6th attract mode cycle. Pirates people complained enough to have the pics show up in the first couple of rounds in the attract mode and the JJP coders changed/did that for us.

#6196 3 years ago

Man this game is fun! Way different experience on an LE and in the home. I only was able to play an SE at a bar and it was always super dark and hard to play it.

Only have gotten 1 golden ticket so far, but was able to push out the last owner from Grand Champion already (2.2 mil I know not very good). All my virtual pinball experience paying off! lol I was curious how translatable it would be and I think it has made me a way better player. Haven't played real pinball in over 6 months.

The shots are so satisfying/fun/easy such a stark difference from some of the other games I've played in the past/owned. I just could not get into Guardians of the Galaxy or JP2 and it always felt like I was trying to do 1 thing in the game to progress (GotG scoop shot, JP2 in-between the Jeep shot) and that sucked out any semblance of fun I thought I was having when playing them. With WW right out of the gate you're working on so many different things at once and combo'ing into everything if you want, talk about a flow monster! Only about 50 games in, but that is the feeling I have so far.

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Man this game is fun! Way different experience on an LE and in the home. I only was able to play an SE at a bar and it was always super dark and hard to play it.
Only have gotten 1 golden ticket so far, but was able to push out the last owner from Grand Champion already (2.2 mil I know not very good). All my virtual pinball experience paying off! lol I was curious how translatable it would be and I think it has made me a way better player. Haven't played real pinball in over 6 months.
The shots are so satisfying/fun/easy such a stark difference from some of the other games I've played in the past/owned. I just could not get into Guardians of the Galaxy or JP2 and it always felt like I was trying to do 1 thing in the game to progress (GotG scoop shot, JP2 in-between the Jeep shot) and that sucked out any semblance of fun I thought I was having when playing them. With WW right out of the gate you're working on so many different things at once and combo'ing into everything if you want, talk about a flow monster! Only about 50 games in, but that is the feeling I have so far.

Its a really fun game...just wait until u collect the 2nd and 4th Golden tickets...those wizard modes are really fun ....for whatever reason theres no wizard mode for collecting the 3rd ticket...

#6198 3 years ago

Is the code finished for this game ??

#6199 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Ive only had the game two weeks but I have progressed quickly. Started with 500k games and quickly got to 1mil. Now i can get over 3m. 3.5 is my best so far. So you will get there. And i also upper the power on the flippers as im used to strong stern flippers

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Is the code finished for this game ??

Good question....I wish they would add a wizard mode for collecting the third GT...other than that it looks pretty complete to me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.