IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,934 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 279.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

The same 2 buddies helped with moving a Ghostbusters Premium up stairs, but that only weighed 210lbs. The 330lbs weight has me concerned, since no one rents Escaleras in my area.

If you can't find an Escalera for rent, look for a "Power Mate" - I rented one from Suncoast Rentals.

IMG_0191 (resized).jpegIMG_0191 (resized).jpeg
#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

No one has has health issues and we're younger, but only weight about 170lbs each if I was guessing. I've played a Wonka on location, it looked and played like a standard body.

Wonka is a standard body, WOZ is a wide body

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you can't find an Escalera for rent, look for a "Power Mate" - I rented one from Suncoast Rentals.[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip, I believe there is a local Sunbelt Rentals in town.

#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If your in good shape its not a problem....it just feels bulkier since its a wide body

Not a widebody, but yeah JJP's generally are much heavier than Sterns. My dad recently helped move a Wonka up some stairs with an escalera and it was difficult for them (I almost broke the machine and my dad has a nice cut in his leg to prove it). If you don't have an escalera, get a good dolly that you can control easily and have as much help as you can. Moving these machines can be dangerous, so be careful out there!

#6105 3 years ago

I was super impressed with the build quality of Wonka, my first JJP game. It is noticeably heavier (and less "twistable") than a typical stern game.

However, I feel the same 2 strong adults that it takes to move a Stern game can move Wonka.

#6106 3 years ago

I didn't think Wonka was too bad to move. It didn't involve many steps though. I'm not sure I'd consider myself a strong adult. I'm an overweight man in his 40's and I've moved Wonka, Dialed In, as well as STTNG, TZ, JD, DM, probably most of the WPC games. The newer Sterns are easier to move, probably to a fault. I've moved many of these by myself. Be smart and take your time. I don't think there is any normal game 2 able bodied people and a dolly can't handle.

#6107 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips everyone. About 35min from my a house an equipment rental place does rent the PowerMate Stair Climber just in case the weight is an issue. It's not cheap however, and I've already purchased a nice meal for those two, so I might give them and the dolly a try before renting it.

#6108 3 years ago

Has anyone a fix for the SDTM from the popbumpers?

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Check your stance. Make sure you have a good grip on the machine. Be prepared. Hope for the best.
But that might not be the answer you were looking for...

I kind of enjoy this aspect of the game. Can be nerve racking, especially when you’re on your last ball and got something like wonka’s office armed...

you know it’s coming

#6110 3 years ago

Somewhere in this forum someone installed a post that hangs down to the left of the gobstopper hole which helps out. It does require drilling though. As long as you're for that, it seems to be a good fix.

#6111 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Somewhere in this forum someone installed a post that hangs down to the left of the gobstopper hole which helps out. It does require drilling though. As long as you're for that, it seems to be a good fix.

It's here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/56#post-5246701

#6112 3 years ago

I experienced that on an LE I played on location. Is that everyone’s machine?

#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I experienced that on an LE I played on location. Is that everyone’s machine?

Yep.

#6114 3 years ago

Trying to update my game for first time. My first jjp so process is a bit different. Its not letting me update. Says gobstopper target is stuck open and wont continue. But gobstopper seems to be working fine....

#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Trying to update my game for first time. My first jjp so process is a bit different. Its not letting me update. Says gobstopper target is stuck open and wont continue. But gobstopper seems to be working fine....

Go into switch test and push the crash plate in front of the gobstopper hole - is it toggling on and off?

#6116 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Go into switch test and push the crash plate in front of the gobstopper hole - is it toggling on and off?

ill try that, but can confirm the gobstopper is working. it registers hits and then spins around and everything.

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Its not letting me update. Says gobstopper target is stuck open and wont continue.

What are you trying ? The full install to get your game to 1.31 so you can do the delta 1.33 ?

Your game has to be at 1.31 to put in 1.33. Follow the full install instructions carefully - you don't have the game turned on at the start of it.

IF you have 1.31 in your game. Then follow the instructions carefully for the delta update. Game turned on hit the enter button, ignore alert and keep going until you get to the full menu. Find Utilities - then USB update. Do what the screen says.

IF you have 1.30 or lower in there, for the love of everything holy don't try and put a delta 1.33 update in. Unless you want to kill your game and start over doing first a full install and then a delta.

LTG : )

#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What are you trying ? The full install to get your game to 1.31 so you can do the delta 1.33 ?
Your game has to be at 1.31 to put in 1.33. Follow the full install instructions carefully - you don't have the game turned on at the start of it.
IF you have 1.31 in your game. Then follow the instructions carefully for the delta update. Game turned on hit the enter button, ignore alert and keep going until you get to the full menu. Find Utilities - then USB update. Do what the screen says.
IF you have 1.30 or lower in there, for the love of everything holy don't try and put a delta 1.33 update in. Unless you want to kill your game and start over doing first a full install and then a delta.

hehe my game is at 1.32. trying to get to 1.33. I followed the instructions, the game starts to update but then stops and says something like gobstopper hole stuck open(or something like that Ill take a pic next time). Previous owner had an issue with gobstopper when installing pinstadiums. He ended up replacing a fuse. He said I may need to clear that error or something first? Game plays perfectly with no gobstopper issues.

Sorry to be a newbie as this is my first JJP game. Everything is just a bit different.

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I followed the instructions, the game starts to update but then stops and says something like gobstopper hole stuck open(or something like that Ill take a pic next time).

That shouldn't happen. I'd start over. Fresh 1.33 download. Different USB stick.

Download 1.33 and put on your desktop. USB stick, 8GB to 16GB, nothing else on it. Formatted FAT32. Left click on 1.33 on desktop to high light it. Right click, chose extract to. Extract to USB stick.

When done go to game with it turned on. Insert USB stick in cable by the cashbox. Go into Utilities - then to USB update. Do what the screen says. When done unplug the USB stick. Turn game off. Wait a tiny bit and turn the game back on. When fully booted hit the Enter button and look at lower right corner to see if 1.33 is in the game.

If it stops again, try a factory reset and then try putting it in again.

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That shouldn't happen. I'd start over. Fresh 1.33 download. Different USB stick.
Download 1.33 and put on your desktop. USB stick, 8GB to 16GB, nothing else on it. Formatted FAT32. Left click on 1.33 on desktop to high light it. Right click, chose extract to. Extract to USB stick.
When done go to game with it turned on. Insert USB stick in cable by the cashbox. Go into Utilities - then to USB update. Do what the screen says. When done unplug the USB stick. Turn game off. Wait a tiny bit and turn the game back on. When fully booted hit the Enter button and look at lower right corner to see if 1.33 is in the game.
If it stops again, try a factory reset and then try putting it in again.

Still download the delta update correct? If I need to do factory reset how do I do that and what code does that bring it back to?

#6121 3 years ago

also the JJP website instructions say to have the zip file and the extracted files on the usb stick. Is that correct? Thats what I did earlier. Guessing I should try your instructions which leaves me with just the extracted folder called wonka_update

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Still download the delta update correct?

Yes.

Quoted from mbrave77:

If I need to do factory reset how do I do that and what code does that bring it back to?

It brings it back to what ever is in the game now. Page B-60 in the manual. B.8 Resets - last one, Factory Reset. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - under Support - under Downloads - under Willy Wonka.

Quoted from mbrave77:

also the JJP website instructions say to have the zip file and the extracted files on the usb stick.

Not quite - please read what I wrote.

Quoted from LTG:

When you put it on your desktop ( mine is Windows 10 ) it looks like a zipped folder. LEFT CLICK THAT ZIPPED FOLDER ONCE TO HIGHLIGHT IT. THEN RIGHT CLICK IT ONCE AND A MENU COMES UP CHOSE EXTRACT TO AND SEND IT TO YOUR USB STICK WITH NOTHING ELSE ON IT.

#6123 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

It brings it back to what ever is in the game now. Page B-60 in the manual. B.8 Resets - last one, Factory Reset. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - under Support - under Downloads - under Willy Wonka.

Not quite - please read what I wrote.

When you put it on your desktop ( mine is Windows 10 ) it looks like a zipped folder. LEFT CLICK THAT ZIPPED FOLDER ONCE TO HIGHLIGHT IT. THEN RIGHT CLICK IT ONCE AND A MENU COMES UP CHOSE EXTRACT TO AND SEND IT TO YOUR USB STICK WITH NOTHING ELSE ON IT.

Worked this time. Thanks for the help

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Truck this side only on the bottom. Friend or neighbor or wife you don't care much about on the bottom you holding on, on top.

Spoken like a married man

#6125 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a standard nib. Looking at inside art blades. What looks the best? Chocolate river seems nice. Opinions?

#6126 3 years ago

Tried turning on my Wonka tonight, some of the red lights come on the board in the backbox, nothing else. No power to led strip behind backglass, no power to monitor or pc. Any ideas where to start?

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Tried turning on my Wonka tonight, some of the red lights come on the board in the backbox, nothing else. No power to led strip behind backglass, no power to monitor or pc. Any ideas where to start?

Start with this - see if that is what's going on:

Also, if you pull out the high power interlock switch on the coin door frame (or close the coin door), do the rest of the 14 red LEDs on the I/O board come on?

#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Start with this - see if that is what's going on:

Also, if you pull out the high power interlock switch on the coin door frame (or close the coin door), do the rest of the 14 red LEDs on the I/O board come on?

Thank you! Jump starting worked perfectly!

#6129 3 years ago

Anyone have issues with the Gobstopper hanging up? I have tried adjusting the motor to gain a little clearance between the gears but no luck. Its hit or miss. I also have issues with the ball getting stuck at the diverter. I am a little frustrated as I just bought this game and unboxed on Friday. I have emailed JJP

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Anyone have issues with the Gobstopper hanging up?

Please try setting the gobstopper lock release strength in Settings - Coils ? Default is a little low. I set mine at 20.

#6131 3 years ago

It hangs up during rotation. Sometimes it get hung up 90 degrees off from where it should be. You can here it sound like its straining.Sorry I should have been clear on the issue I have with it. I have a video of it acting up but don't know how to post it.

Quoted from LTG:

Please try setting the gobstopper lock release strength in Settings - Coils ? Default is a little low. I set mine at 20.

#6132 3 years ago

Anyone install a playfield protector on a Wonka? Any issues or adjustments needed?

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you can have it fade through colors as shown in video or choose a specific color you want, including white.

That looks tight plus you being on here to help support is worth it for sure!

#6134 3 years ago

Trying to help a friend that purchased WWLE from me. He says gobstopper not rotating. Any help I can help him with? I will have to help him over the phone.
Thanks.

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I will have to help him over the phone.

Connectors under the playfield hooked up tight ? Connectors to I/O board all on tight ?

In Tests - Coils - does it spin then ? Grab a meter and see if you have 12 volts at the motor. No need to pull out high power interlock for this, it's low power.

#6136 3 years ago

Hey Wonka owners. Just asked Joe in a chat for GNR If there’s a new Wonka code coming and he said stay tuned so sounds like there an update a coming!

#6137 3 years ago

Hello,
I will soon have a ww LE.
I have some questions :
-Is the code finished? (wizard mod ....)
-Are there particular points to watch (wear ..)?
-Are there bugs, mechanical problems, adjustments to be made on the ww?
Thanks for your help.
Seb

#6138 3 years ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

It hangs up during rotation. Sometimes it get hung up 90 degrees off from where it should be. You can here it sound like its straining.Sorry I should have been clear on the issue I have with it. I have a video of it acting up but don't know how to post it.

I had the same problem. I reseated all my connectors to the opto board under the playfield and then it was fine.

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
I will soon have a ww LE.
I have some questions :
Thanks for your help.
Seb

I asked this a few weeks ago and no one answered me! lol

#6140 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Bonjour,
j'aurai bientôt un ww LE.
J'ai quelques questions:
-Est-ce que le code est terminé? (assistant mod ....)
-Y a-t-il des points particuliers à surveiller (usure ..)?
-Y a-t-il des bugs, des problèmes mécaniques, des ajustements à faire sur le ww?
Merci de votre aide.
Seb

nobody ?

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

It shipped code complete including the Pure Imagination wizard mode.

Quoted from sebseb12:

I put cliffys on the inlane drops after noticing them wear on Wonka SE. CE shipped with mylars there but I put them on anyway.

Quoted from sebseb12:

If something doesn't work, post here and we'll help!

#6142 3 years ago

Thank you

#6143 3 years ago

So tomorrow my WWLE arrives...how excited should I be?

FWIW....I chose this over AFMr.

#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Mine comes tomorrow too! Lol

#6145 3 years ago
Quoted from SBrothers:

Very excited! Be patient with the rules. They don't make sense at first, and the lights don't really tell you what to do. The call outs are a little cryptic too, but are very consistent. Certain quotes from the movie guide you, but it is not obvious at first what they are telling you to do. Oh, and the shots to complete Augustus make no sense: Right ramp, left loop. Oh and... i could go on and on. Great pin, have fun!

#6146 3 years ago

For some reason today I decided to turn off the game music and crank GnR while playing. It was a blast.

#6147 3 years ago

Anyone with an LE do any of the art blades? If so can you show them off? Can't believe they're 3 different options!

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Very excited! Be patient with the rules. They don't make sense at first, and the lights don't really tell you what to do. The call outs are a little cryptic too, but are very consistent. Certain quotes from the movie guide you, but it is not obvious at first what they are telling you to do. Oh, and the shots to complete Augustus make no sense: Right ramp, left loop. Oh and... i could go on and on. Great pin, have fun!

I second this....WW rule set takes a while to get your arms around, but once u figure it out its really fun. The game has great flow, and is really a challenge to collect golden tickets....the 2nd ticket, and 4th ticket wizard modes are a lot of fun (especially the 4th)

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Anyone with an LE do any of the art blades? If so can you show them off? Can't believe they're 3 different options!

I have them on my game...they look great (https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/willy-wonka-bs-gameblades), but be careful as theres not a lot of room between the play field and side of the game. I highly recommend u invest in the side plastic side protectors.

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have them on my game...they look great (https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/willy-wonka-bs-gameblades), but be careful as theres not a lot of room between the play field and side of the game. I highly recommend u invest in the side plastic side protectors.

I don't think I know what those are? Have a link?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
9,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 13,934 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/123?hl=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.