New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 240130)

Wonka Club - Golden Tickets Inside

By f3honda4me

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6,370 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“What edition are you ordering or planning to buy?”

• Standard 113 votes
    27%
  • Limited Edition 218 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 80 votes
    19%

(411 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wonka_topper (resized).png
D8B1CC89-EBD6-4DBA-95A7-CF11D784C7AB (resized).jpeg
34714B08-03A0-4234-B6E9-1D0318095000 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1673 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2020-10-20 115413 (resized).png
IMG_3425 (resized).jpg
7D1EE606-5D8F-4ECE-9703-E2271CDE24C5 (resized).jpeg
18253F68-0C0E-4B6E-8144-D42C59E964C1 (resized).jpeg
E1C84F10-517C-4EE2-807D-20C2B4E8041F (resized).jpeg
WW_Rules_Jan20.pdf (PDF preview)
WW (resized).jpg
16029593853631444668132059831512.jpg
16029593749418612923346463799714.jpg
16029593654913191519638161050311.jpg
16029593488743943420180440047711.jpg
20201017_113438 (Medium) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6370 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 128.
#6051 28 days ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Where is this site please? I need to reference it for some posts that I need in LotR. Thank you [quoted image]

This info is from the Dialed-In manual.

#6052 28 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I guess thats why I don't remember Thats odd that they don't have a special mode for the third ticket....

Maybe it's the mystery mode that the coders have mentioned they wish they had time to implement.

#6053 27 days ago

I hava a question:

when 3 balls are locked in my wonkavator, and the machine ejects the locked balls, the first ball comes in play but the second ball gets stuck (see picture)
The second and third ball will come into play after a ball search.
what can I do about this?
thx

IMG_4174 (resized).JPG
#6054 27 days ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I hava a question:
when 3 balls are locked in my wonkavator, and the machine ejects the locked balls, the first ball comes in play but the second ball gets stuck (see picture)
thx
[quoted image]

I am very surprised that more owners have not complained about this ,I had the same problem and from what I can tell it’s just a bad design and I hope someone comes up with a better fix but I just shimmed the ball drop out farther.i could only use one screw because the ball will not fit through with this setup for the right side I used strong foam tape.it is secure but I wish there is a better answer,You have to move it out farther so the dropping balls land farther down the ramp.works for me,if you come up with a better answer let me know.

image (resized).jpg
#6055 27 days ago

I hava a question:
thx
[quoted image]

Adjust the timing of the lock release coil in the settings. The setting controls how long the coil pulses, so adjust it so that the coil stays energized only long enough to let one ball out at a time. That setting is there for exactly this problem.

#6056 27 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Adjust the timing of the lock release coil in the settings. The setting controls how long the coil pulses, so adjust it so that the coil stays energized only long enough to let one ball out at a time. That setting is there for exactly this problem.

I had the same issue and only had to adjust to timing of lock release

#6057 27 days ago

Thanks folks !!!

#6058 27 days ago

I hava a question:
thx
[quoted image]

Happens to my game as well on occasion. I have not found a fix.

#6059 27 days ago
Quoted from robey99:

Happens to my game as well on occasion. I have not found a fix.

Please read Steve's post :

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

LTG : )

#6060 27 days ago

My game was just delivered. Any advise on the proper pitch to set the game to?

#6061 27 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My game was just delivered. Any advise on the proper pitch to set the game to?

Shooter lane level - top of the bubble touching the 2nd line from the bottom.

#6062 27 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Shooter lane level - top of the bubble touching the 2nd line from the bottom.

Thanks will try that. What pitch does that bring it to?

#6063 27 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks will try that. What pitch does that bring it to?

The correct one? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably 6.5, I haven't checked it with a digital level.

#6064 27 days ago

I always use a digital level....mine is set at 6.5 at the flippers and 6.8 at the upper section of the play field.

#6065 27 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I always use a digital level....mine is set at 6.5 at the flippers and 6.8 at the upper section of the play field.

Never heard of to different settings on leveling playfield?I’m a carpenter so I use a inclinometer for top to bottom at 6.7 and a torpedo level at flippers and up high on playfield left to right.

#6066 27 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Never heard of to different settings on leveling playfield?I’m a carpenter so I use a inclinometer for top to bottom at 6.7 and a torpedo level at flippers and up high on playfield left to right.

Sorry that was confusing. I set my game at 6.5 at the flippers, when I did that my game was 6.8 at the top of the play field. From my experience its rarely the same

#6067 27 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sorry that was confusing. I set my game at 6.5 at the flippers, when I did that my game was 6.8 at the top of the play field. From my experience its rarely the same

I hear you?You can tell the difference I actually played a DI that was slow as molasses because of bad set up!

#6068 27 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hear you?You can tell the difference I actually played a DI that was slow as molasses because of bad set up!

I typically like my games fast. Originally I had the game setup at 6.8 at the flippers, but it was too much. I don't normally use the factory bubble as I've found some are unreliable + they don't help with left-right level so I need a level that anyways.

#6069 27 days ago

First jjp game...where are the settings for shaker located? Saw knocker but not shaker....

#6070 27 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

First jjp game...where are the settings for shaker located? Saw knocker but not shaker....

Settings - Coils - , 5th one down - Maximum Shaker Strength.

#6071 27 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ty

#6072 27 days ago

Ball keeps getting stuck on left side on the candy cane insert before it returns to flipper. Its stuck on the middle rubber. Do you guys take that rubber off? Or just wait for the game to break in?

#6073 27 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ball keeps getting stuck on left side on the candy cane insert before it returns to flipper. Its stuck on the middle rubber. Do you guys take that rubber off? Or just wait for the game to break in?

Shave it!

#6074 27 days ago

With what?

Nail file?

#6075 27 days ago

Also the game came with right outlane in hardest position. I got the bolt off under the playfield but that damn post wont budge! Wondering if its stuck to the clear coat and i dont want to mess it up! Anyone else have similar?

#6076 27 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I just run with no cheater post. No stuck ball.

#6077 27 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Cheater post? Hehe. That post doesnt seem to do much on left side. I was thinking of just taking rubber off.

Its the right side cheater post i want to move to make my life easier!

#6078 26 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

With what?
Nail file?

This is what I did

38A65E13-0343-4FEF-B476-62B61BCF09DC (resized).png
#6079 26 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ok i have it enabled but its not going off for some reason. Will check the connections

#6080 25 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well... after one year, I just moved that optional “cheater post” to the higher position. I am shocked how much of difference that makes! I improved my GC score, that I had set months ago, twice in one afternoon playing! Reached phase 3 of wonkavator MB for the first time. Scored a third golden ticket for the first time and, having scored 3 out of 5 gobstopper jackpots, felt that the 4th was within reach.

This cannot be a coincidence. I was trying to figure out what was happening, but I feel it’s mostly the multiballs where the difference happens. I think, with no extra post or, the post in the lower position more balls get forced to the outlane when the inlane area gets congested. Like when one is coming from the wireform, a subsequent ball from the playfield gets pushed away to the outlane. With the post in the higher position it just keeps it’s position in front of the returnlane awaiting it’s turn to feed my left flipper.

I haven’t read about any experiences similar to this, but I’m sure there must be...

#6081 25 days ago
Quoted from Bbear:

Well... after one year, I just moved that optional “cheater post” to the higher position. I am shocked how much of difference that makes!.

I did the same after 10 months. It's better now!

#6082 25 days ago

hey guys,
I finally reached pure imagination on this game, albeit with the game settings on what i would consider "medium", but not easy.

anyways, I think this game is the best game ever, or at least top 3 of all time. Lawlor is the best designer IMO, and his pedigree is unmatched.

However, I was sorely disappointed in the final wizard mode. i feel like it was anti-climactic, and underwhelming. does anyone else feel this way? honestly, i think the super secret machine mode is the best wizard mode, with oompa loompa and office being tied for second.

I feel like there could have been so much more with the lights and music than what was presented at the final Pure imagination mode.

your thoughts.

#6083 25 days ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hey guys,
I finally reached pure imagination on this game, albeit with the game settings on what i would consider "medium", but not easy.
anyways, I think this game is the best game ever, or at least top 3 of all time. Lawlor is the best designer IMO, and his pedigree is unmatched.
However, I was sorely disappointed in the final wizard mode. i feel like it was anti-climactic, and underwhelming. does anyone else feel this way? honestly, i think the super secret machine mode is the best wizard mode, with oompa loompa and office being tied for second.
I feel like there could have been so much more with the lights and music than what was presented at the final Pure imagination mode.
your thoughts.

Unfortunately many of us haven't seen most of what is in the code lol.. what I have seen over the past year tho I think is very good and well thought out.

#6084 25 days ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

hey guys,
your thoughts.

Yes, the final wizard mode is a big disappointment compared to the other ones. I like the fourth wizard mode the best personally. Of course, I am have the game on slightly easier settings so that I can experience these things.

#6085 25 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes, the final wizard mode is a big disappointment compared to the other ones. I like the fourth wizard mode the best personally. Of course, I am have the game on slightly easier settings so that I can experience these things.

Thats kinda disappointing....the wizard modes after the 2nd, and 4th ticket are great....I was disappointed that there wasn't a wizard mode after the third ticket...they need one ! Hopefully they'll make some code changes

#6086 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats kinda disappointing....the wizard modes after the 2nd, and 4th ticket are great....I was disappointed that there wasn't a wizard mode after the third ticket...they need one ! Hopefully they'll make some code changes

Oh yeah you're right, I keep forgetting the third ticket is not a wizard mode. All the other tickets enable the wizard modes and the one for the fourth collected ticket is my favorite.

#6087 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Maybe after GnR comes out and the dust settles they can focus on code updates and add some cool stuff!

#6088 25 days ago

2 days in and Im really loving this game. My 10 year old who has never really gotten into pinball has been spending every free minute on it. She was at it ~4 hours sunday alone. 2.2m my best score so far. my first JJP(ive played all them but first time owning) and very impressed. Though I did need to tern the flipper power way up to feel more stern like.

#6089 25 days ago

Can anyone confirm what the game weighs? Online it says 300lbs, but in this thread some have indicated it weighs as much as a WOZ.

#6090 25 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Can anyone confirm what the game weighs? Online it says 300lbs, but in this thread some have indicated it weighs as much as a WOZ.

I've never actually weighed a pinball game, but I can assure u that it doesn't weigh as much as WOZ

#6091 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've never actually weighed a pinball game, but I can assure u that it doesn't weigh as much as WOZ

I wasn’t expecting anyone to have a weigh scale they put the machine on, but maybe the weight was listed somewhere, such as shipping documents, manual, etc.

#6092 25 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

I wasn’t expecting anyone to have a weigh scale they put the machine on, but maybe the weight was listed somewhere, such as shipping documents, manual, etc.

Googling tells me 350lbs.

#6093 25 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

350 pounds comes to mind

#6094 25 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Googling tells me 350lbs.

Googling also says 300lbs. I’m trying to gauge whether me and two friends can handle moving this pin.

#6095 25 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Every bit of 300 plus pounds but feels like 1000! I bet it's closer to WOZ listed weight of 395 than the 300 pound figure indicates. Get some help for sure if going up any amount of stairs.
You and 2 more shouldn't have an issue.
I moved mine with one other person up 5 stairs but it was still in the box.

#6097 25 days ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Every bit of 300 plus pounds but feels like 1000! I bet it's closer to WOZ listed weight of 395 than the 300 pound figure indicates. Get some help for sure if going up any amount of stairs.
You and 2 more shouldn't have an issue.

The same 2 buddies helped with moving a Ghostbusters Premium up stairs, but that only weighed 210lbs. The 330lbs weight has me concerned, since no one rents Escaleras in my area.

#6098 25 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Googling also says 300lbs. I’m trying to gauge whether me and two friends can handle moving this pin.

If your in good shape its not a problem....it just feels bulkier since its a wide body

#6099 25 days ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

The same 2 buddies helped with moving a Ghostbusters Premium up stairs, but that only weighed 210lbs. The 330lbs weight has me concerned, since no one rents Escaleras in my area.

Stern games are feathers compared to JJP games.....

#6100 25 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If your in good shape its not a problem....it just feels bulkier since its a wide body

No one has has health issues and we're younger, but only weight about 170lbs each if I was guessing. I've played a Wonka on location, it looked and played like a standard body.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altamonte Springs, FL
There are 6370 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside