IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 278.
#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Adjust them the way you want.

LTG : )

#6002 3 years ago

Just made it to Wonka's office for 1st time. Cool mode...too bad I failed miserably on it.

#6003 3 years ago

I had my best game on Wonka this evening....3 golden tickets (Kid, Factory, and the first one that seems to be given randomly). I almost got my 4th (Needed one more gobstopper jacket)....only scored 15M though....

#6004 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had my best game on Wonka this evening....3 golden tickets (Kid, Factory, and the first one that seems to be given randomly). I almost got my 4th (Needed one more gobstopper jacket)....only scored 15M though....

Only 15M?? outstanding score.

#6005 3 years ago

Does anybody know the difference between Directors cut and out of box setting?

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Only 15M?? outstanding score.

Well a fellow pin sider got 42M+ so I have a long ways to go

#6007 3 years ago

So I have a quick question about Golden Tickets:

I've got 4 at different times .... kids, completing factory modes, gobstopper, and the random one u get for playing good (not really sure what triggers the ticket).....is the final ticket during super lock mode? How do u get the last one? Is it a series of jackpots and then gobstopper hole?

#6008 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So I have a quick question about Golden Tickets:
I've got 4 at different times .... kids, completing factory modes, gobstopper, and the random one u get for playing good (not really sure what triggers the ticket).....is the final ticket during super lock mode? How do u get the last one? Is it a series of jackpots and then gobstopper hole?

The last one is Wonkavator - shoot blue/yellow shots until the hole opens, fill it, repeat 3x.

I have a lot of skill envy, I gotta say.

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The last one is Wonkavator - shoot blue/yellow shots until the hole opens, fill it, repeat 3x.
I have a lot of skill envy, I gotta say.

Thank you....By super lock I meant Wonkavator Is there an indicator on the back screen on how many times you've hit the hole? I could have sworn I did that a couple times last night!

#6010 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thank you....By super lock I meant Wonkavator Is there an indicator on the back screen on how many times you've hit the hole? I could have sworn I did that a couple times last night!

The small screen on the playfield will tell you how many jackpots remain and whether you are on Level 1, 2 or 3.

#6011 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The small screen on the playfield will tell you how many jackpots remain and whether you are on Level 1, 2 or 3.

Thank you....

#6012 3 years ago

Wonkavator Multiball golden ticket:

Level 1: any 6 shots lit that are yellow and blue, all shots stay lit till you open the gobstopper hole and lock a ball in there. Then collect super jackpot on the spinner sending you to level 2.

Level 2: any 6 shots lit yellow and blue, shots are not lit after hit the first time. Forcing you to hit 6 different shots on the playfield, until you open the gobstopper hole and lock another ball/ collect the super jackpot on the upper right spinner again sending you to level 3

Level 3: works like level 2 except after every shot you hit, you must then hit the captive ball (which will flash yellow and blue) so I believe this comes out to be 12 total shots then gobstopper and collect the super to collect the golden ticket

Remaining shots left to hit and what level you are currently on should be displayed on the Wonka vision screen so you can keep track of where you are in the multiball.

Hope this helps!

#6013 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyRipples:

Level 1: any 6 shots lit that are yellow and blue, all shots stay lit till you open the gobstopper hole and lock a ball in there. Then collect super jackpot on the spinner sending you to level 2.
Level 2: any 6 shots lit yellow and blue, shots are not lit after hit the first time. Forcing you to hit 6 different shots on the playfield, until you open the gobstopper hole and lock another ball/ collect the super jackpot on the upper right spinner again sending you to level 3
Level 3: works like level 2 except after every shot you hit, you must then hit the captive ball (which will flash yellow and blue) so I believe this comes out to be 12 total shots then gobstopper and collect the super to collect the golden ticket
Remaining shots left to hit and what level you are currently on should be displayed on the Wonka vision screen so you can keep track of where you are in the multiball.
Hope this helps!

Great this helps a lot....it no surprise that this is the one ticket I've never earned....is this mode timed?

#6014 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Great this helps a lot....it no surprise that this is the one ticket I've never earned....is this mode timed?

Keith didn’t make it easy,did he?That’s the ticket that eludes me too.

#6015 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No, it just ends when you drain two balls.

I haven’t been able to complete the 2nd level yet. But reading about level 3.... wow... That stuff is not meant to be completed by any mortal

#6016 3 years ago

I'll be getting a Willy Wonka LE in the next 2 weeks and was looking through some of the pinned topics and didn't see an overview of things I should look at once I first get it. Can anyone help me create a checklist of things I can check to make sure the machine is setup and protected? ie any places I should install plastic protectors, mylar, the washer kit for the slings? I've seen a few issues with the VUK I can check those to make sure they're working. Any help would be appreciated super excited!

#6017 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Keith didn’t make it easy,did he?That’s the ticket that eludes me too.

Just for clarity, Joe Katz was/is lead on code for Wonka. His first game as lead and I think he did a phenomenal job.

#6018 3 years ago

Hope this helps!

Thanks! Well that explains why I have never seen and probably never will see this ticket!

#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Just for clarity, Joe Katz was/is lead on code for Wonka. His first game as lead and I think he did a phenomenal job.

Quoted from Skipnatty:

Thank you for correction.I had watched a stream about a year ago where Keith was being interviewed.
He was asked about Wonka coding and answered about code completion

#6020 3 years ago

Hope this helps!

Moderators or f3honda4me - Mark this as a key post please ...

#6021 3 years ago

Hope this helps!

This helps tremendously!
I also believe it saves your progress from multiball to the next time you enter wonkavator multiball. I almost made it several times, however I did not know about the captive ball shot on level three. Now that I do, I should be able to eventually be able to score this ticket!
Thanks for the breakdown!

#6022 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thank you for correction.I had watched a stream about a year ago where Keith was being interviewed.
He was asked about Wonka coding and answered about code completion

No worries! The whole team does work on the gamecode tho in some fashion, a la Joe writing certain modes for Hobbit and PotC, etc. So in the end the whole team really is to thank for the work they do to make their games great.

#6023 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

No worries! The whole team does work on the gamecode tho in some fashion, a la Joe writing certain modes for Hobbit and PotC, etc. So in the end the whole team really is to thank for the work they do to make their games great.

I remember Keith was a little pissed off when he was asked why Wonka wasn’t a mode based game.He seemed offended that people didn’t realize or appreciate all the work the crew had done.

#6024 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I remember Keith was a little pissed off when he was asked why Wonka wasn’t a mode based game.He seemed offended that people didn’t realize or appreciate all the work the crew had done.

Wouldn’t you be? Plus the game has tons of modes.

#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wouldn’t you be? Plus the game has tons of modes.

Yes sir.I admired Keith for speaking out!

#6026 3 years ago

Does anyone know what triggers the first golden ticket? Seems pretty random to me

#6027 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

I have a small issue with my flippers, ever since I got the machine NIB. They’re not symetrical.
By looking at general playfield photo’s, I get the impression that the right flipperbat is mounted too far to the right. I’ve watched the flipper assembly video, but I’m not sure what to adjust to get it in the correct position.
Another thing is that when the flippers are up, the left one reaches higher than the right flipper. Which one is correct? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

THIS! Drives me nuts to this day. I think it's like this on every Wonka out of the factory which would mean it's a design flaw in my opinion. Literally the first thing I noticed when I opened my CE and started looking at the playfield. Google up pictures of Wonka playfields( almost the 2nd thing i did after I saw that off center mess) I've never noticed a pinball machine that the flippers were not centered or an even distance from the shoot again insert or post or whatever.
Then i lifted the playfield. Nope, there's no adjustment that I can see to move the flipper horizontally in its mount. So..us ocd types are s*** out of luck. Someone please tell me I overlooked something, I'm begging you!
As far as the uneven up down one higher than the other, LTG's video will get you there. Flipper post just needs to be loosened and set to correct position and tightened back up. It needs to be tight! Watch the video again and you'll see where. I'll look for the time hack and post it back up.
r/

EDIT: at the 1:25 mark he addresses the crank. The nut on that crank is the one you loosen to move the flipper post and position it where you want it.
He points to the same nut at the 9:12 mark again right after he talks about the flipper bushing. From 9:12 to the 14:30 mark is what you want to watch. Remember tight but don't close the gap all the way. Best video I've ever seen.

#6028 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Does anyone know what triggers the first golden ticket? Seems pretty random to me

It’s randomly found in the candy jar. Sometimes fast and sometimes slow.

#6029 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

It's awarded after a certain number of "gameplay awards." These are ill-defined, but when you see little popups on the mini screen like "super looper" etc - those. Some number of those gives you GT #1.

#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Isnt it found in the gumball machine, not the candy jar. Lol, so confusing. You can see the gumball machine on the right screen. You collect gumballs by doing random things. You will see it deplete, the more you play. Its luck based to get the ticket, but as you take more gumballs out, you obviously have a better change of finding it, statistically..

#6031 3 years ago

I think im about to get a Wonka. How is the shaker integration in this game? Im a fan of shakers on some games but not others. Love it in dialed in, hate it on my deadpool!

#6032 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I think im about to get a Wonka. How is the shaker integration in this game? Im a fan of shakers on some games but not others. Love it in dialed in, hate it on my deadpool!

It's good. In Slugworth multiball you get a satisfying rip when you hit the captive ball.
It fires nicely when kid MB goes off, and wonkavator.

I -think- it does a short hit when you smash the gobstopper target too.

#6033 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's good. In Slugworth multiball you get a satisfying rip when you hit the captive ball.

ty

#6034 3 years ago

Ok so I had a great game on Wonka this morning. I actually got that elusive golden ticket (to be honest I was surprised..and lucky as there were balls flying everywhere). This triggered (or something triggered) a new mode that I've never seen). It was gobstopper jackpots. Basically it keeps running (seemed like forever)...The gobstopper hole keeps moving around in circles and u have try and get balls in the hole. I got 17 balls in the gobstopper hole....it was really fun...

#6035 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ok so I had a great game on Wonka this morning. I actually got that elusive golden ticket (to be honest I was surprised..and lucky as there were balls flying everywhere). This triggered (or something triggered) a new mode that I've never seen). It was gobstopper jackpots. Basically it keeps running (seemed like forever)...The gobstopper hole keeps moving around in circles and u have try and get balls in the hole. I got 17 balls in the gobstopper hole....it was really fun...

It sounds like you got to the Most Secret Machine mode for the 4th Golden Ticket! Well done.

I hope to get there someday.

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It sounds like you got to the Most Secret Machine mode for the 4th Golden Ticket! Well done.
I hope to get there someday.

Yea that was it....really fun .... hopefully I get there again someday

#6037 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea that was it....really fun .... hopefully I get there again someday

Part of the magic of this pin is the rewards like that which are difficult to achieve. They end up setting a hook and getting us excited all over again.

#6038 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Part of the magic of this pin is the rewards like that which are difficult to achieve. They end up setting a hook and getting us excited all over again.

yea that was really a pleasant surprise...very very fun mode.

#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I know u get Wonka's office after the 2nd ticket, and the special machine mode after the 4th, what do u get after the third? Honestly I don't remember any special mode being triggered after the 3rd ticket...hmmm

#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I love the shaker when Wonkavator multiball starts.Even better is the left to right increasing oscillaton for the Wonkatania mode

#6041 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I know u get Wonka's office after the 2nd ticket, and the special machine mode after the 4th, what do u get after the third? Honestly I don't remember any special mode being triggered after the 3rd ticket...hmmm

Nothing for the 3rd ticket...and I only know this because my wife Susan got her 3rd GT last week. I have yet to do it.

#6042 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nothing for the 3rd ticket...and I only know this because my wife Susan got her 3rd GT last week. I have yet to do it.

I guess thats why I don't remember Thats odd that they don't have a special mode for the third ticket....

#6043 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just to be clear I have my game settings set to factory, and I was getting frustrated with all the right drains so I moved that post a little. I'm not convinced moving the post helps that much.

#6044 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I guess thats why I don't remember Thats odd that they don't have a special mode for the third ticket....

Technically it's not "nothing." You get candy stash award. 100 wonka bars and 50 candy jar.

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Technically it's not "nothing." You get candy stash award. 100 wonka bars and 50 candy jar.

Cool....I did not know that thank you....be cool if they added a special mode after each ticket...

#6046 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Thanks for the clarification Skip. We've only seen it the once so I clearly missed that

#6047 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just to be clear I have my game settings set to factory, and I was getting frustrated with all the right drains so I moved that post a little. I'm not convinced moving the post helps that much.

I've gotten a little_ better at defending the right drain. I give a hard thump upward as the ball approaches that area, basically hoping to tap it with the top of the sling and bounce it out of danger. If it makes it past the sling, the same approach also sometimes works to cause a vertical rattle into the safe return lane.

No shame in moving the posts, I have considered it many times!

#6048 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've gotten a little_ better at defending the right drain. I give a hard thump upward as the ball approaches that area, basically hoping to tap it with the top of the sling and bounce it out of danger. If it makes it past the sling, the same approach also sometimes works to cause a vertical rattle into the safe return lane.
No shame in moving the posts, I have considered it many times!

My biggest issue is my tilt is too sensitive .... in my last game I tilted (didn't even shake the game that hard) and lost my bonus....600 bars, 8X play field

#6049 3 years ago
Quoted from knightgdg:

Another option would be to install a post like Dialed-In. Wonka and Dialed-In are identical in this area of the playfield. I have lots of games on my Dialed-In and don't have any ball damage from the bare post. You could add some heat shrink tubing to the post if you have any concerns about ball damage.

Where is this site please? I need to reference it for some posts that I need in LotR. Thank you

6CC60C5A-41A1-4AB5-81E3-6C52FC294108 (resized).jpeg6CC60C5A-41A1-4AB5-81E3-6C52FC294108 (resized).jpeg
#6050 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My biggest issue is my tilt is too sensitive ....

Disconnect it. Turn the credit dot off and tech alert off, so they don't bug you. If you want to check for errors. Turn the game on. Open the coin door. Hit the Enter button once. First page before full menu will come up. Plumb bob because it hasn't been hit.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/121?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.