• Standard 107 votes
    27%
  • Limited Edition 212 votes
    53%
  • Collectors Edition 80 votes
    20%

(399 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 879 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200918_024451 (resized).jpg
20200918_024430 (resized).jpg
20200918_024404 (resized).jpg
20200918_024355 (resized).jpg
20200917_114601 (resized).jpg
4D37FA06-49CF-4996-9D8B-76D3E13B9DA3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3387 (resized).jpg
IMG_3386 (resized).jpg
20200914_112334 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20200914_095500 (Medium) (resized).jpg
20200724_114810 (resized).jpg
AB0522C9-1B06-442D-AB08-1C693E674146_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E7842622-A0FB-4B9C-BBB2-93E05C686396_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_1954 (resized).jpeg
C0A8ED8B-805C-4D67-B258-E89B341B1356 (resized).jpeg
biff_clear (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5987 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 120.
#5951 3 days ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Any suggestions would be great.

Quoted from Yesh23:

The 2nd issue I have is on my right ramp. I have the flipper strength set at 20 which I love. When I hit the right ramp the ball I'm guessing gets slgithly air born and hit the top of the clear plastic (green spot). It did that all the time until I added the blue piece. This has helped because now I rarely get a reject but it'll still happen from time to time. The spacer in red was already there when I received the game. Thoughts? I'm guessing to raise the blue one up a little more.

Smaller rubber rings. Turn your flipper power down.

LTG : )

#5952 2 days ago

Does anyone know if someone is making decals for all of the various targets in the game. I was surprised JJP did not include these on the premium editions. Thanks.

#5953 2 days ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does anyone know if someone is making decals for all of the various targets in the game. I was surprised JJP did not include these on the premium editions. Thanks.

One of the mod guys are cranking those out I've seen them before for all the targets and such

#5954 2 days ago
Quoted from robey99:

Thats a good idea

#5955 2 days ago

Selling a couple of mods (Factory and WonkaVator) that are no longer needed it anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102299

#5956 2 days ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Not making the final call until the reveal but if I pull the trigger I haven't landed on LE or CE so I have a questions for those who have owned both. Exclusivity is the least important factor, so removing that, is there anywhere close to $3000 in additional value in a CE over an LE on a JJP? Or is most of the value assigned to the numbers on the plaque? Thanks!

Do you think the artwork and powder coating is worth $3K ? personally I like the blue better, but thats a personal pref. If I was you I would buy the after market side blades and JJP topper and call it good.

#5957 2 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Do you think the artwork and powder coating is worth $3K ? personally I like the blue better, but thats a personal pref. If I was you I would buy the after market side blades and JJP topper and call it good.

Agree 100%
The LE blue looks def nicer.
Topper and sideart is wack.
And who needs a princess-sparkeling-playfield.
More important is not to have a pooling one.

#5958 2 days ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Agree 100%
The LE blue looks def nicer.
Topper and sideart is wack.
And who needs a princess-sparkeling-playfield.
More important is not to have a pooling one.

You can buy the JJP topper for $300, side blades for $75, and shooter rod for $80 and call it good....save yourself $2500

#5959 2 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You can buy the JJP topper for $300, side blades for $75, and shooter rod for $80 and call it good....save yourself $2500

The CE callouts though...

#5960 1 day ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The CE callouts though...

True....Im not aware of those differences....its really a personal choice...they both look great

#5961 1 day ago
Quoted from LTG:

Smaller rubber rings. Turn your flipper power down.

That worked!! Thank you

#5962 1 day ago

I know other folks told me to take the rubbers off the post but I like to have rubbers on the post. I have the smallest rubbers 3/8” on the post and the ball won’t go through the insane. This design makes no sense.

4D37FA06-49CF-4996-9D8B-76D3E13B9DA3 (resized).jpeg
#5963 1 day ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I like to have rubbers on the post.

Had a thought. Those posts have a washer and locknut below the playfield.

Maybe loosen the locknut, spread the posts as far apart as possible. Retighten the locknut.

The hole through the playfield is a tiny bit bigger than the threaded post. Maybe that would gain enough room so as not to trap the ball.

Long shot maybe raise the posts a little so the ball still hits the rubber ring, but a little lower on the rubber instead of the fatter middle ?

#5964 1 day ago

I just changed my flipper rubbers and now my left flipper is sticking sometimes. I know it must be something simple? Hopefully...

20200917_114601 (resized).jpg

#5965 1 day ago
Quoted from jester523:

I just changed my flipper rubbers and now my left flipper is sticking sometimes. I know it must be something simple? Hopefully...
[quoted image]

Everything you need to know about flippers:

Most likely the pawl nut is loose or the flipper is binding but watch the video.

#5966 1 day ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I know other folks told me to take the rubbers off the post but I like to have rubbers on the post. I have the smallest rubbers 3/8” on the post and the ball won’t go through the insane. This design makes no sense.
[quoted image]

Mine is configured like yours and I have no issues

#5967 1 day ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

Thats crazy! I dont have that left post on but damn...

#5968 1 day ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

I have this same issue and trimming off some of the rubber with an Xacto knife helped, but now I have the ball rotating the rubber every time it rubs against it and it gets stuck again. So unless I trim the rubber all 360 degrees, I am thinking to super glue the rubber to the metal post. I might instead try that method LTG said.

#5969 1 day ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I have this same issue and trimming off some of the rubber with an Xacto knife helped, but now I have the ball rotating the rubber every time it rubs against it and it gets stuck again. So unless I trim the rubber all 360 degrees, I am thinking to super glue the rubber to the metal post. I might instead try that method LTG said.

Just take it off and play like a man!

#5970 1 day ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Just take it off and play like a man!

I hear what your saying, but isn't that a good way to ruin your pinballs? I'm wondering if his issue is a play field one or possibly the vertical height? I'll look at mine closer the next time I turn on the game.

#5971 1 day ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear what your saying, but isn't that a good way to ruin your pinballs? I'm wondering if his issue is a play field one or possibly the vertical height? I'll look at mine closer the next time I turn on the game.

I was totally joking but not sure how it would ruin pinballs? The game comes stock with no post on that left side and that is the factory default.

#5972 1 day ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was totally joking but not sure how it would ruin pinballs? The game comes stock with no post on that left side and that is the factory default.

Just metal on metal is never ideal if u can avoid...Factory default is a post with no rubber installed?

#5973 1 day ago

I called JJP tech support today just to ask and didn’t get much help. I’m just shocked that the holes are there and you can have this problem. I’m going to try the method mentioned above and loosen and try moving them slightly apart. I believe though mine screw in from the top and there’s no nut on the bottom. It’s almost like the holes came from the factory too close

#5974 1 day ago

There is not supposed to be a rubber on that post.

#5975 1 day ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

There is not supposed to be a rubber on that post.

No rubber on both post, no rubber on the far left post leading to the outline, or no rubber on the post in the center between the inlanes

#5976 1 day ago

No rubber on the post between the two In lanes for sure. Then on mine there is a rubber on the post at the top of the inlane outlane divider but an empty hole with nothing up to the right of that where another post could be added

#5977 1 day ago

In your picture earlier on this page the mini post rubbers are too fat also

#5978 1 day ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

In your picture earlier on this page the mini post rubbers are too fat also

Post rubber size is 3/8” the smallest I believe you can get

#5979 21 hours ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Post rubber size is 3/8” the smallest I believe you can get

There is a smaller one,but they are a bitch to get on.

#5980 17 hours ago

Best solution if you wanna use a post on the outlane and if you want rubber on the posts ......20200918_024355 (resized).jpg20200918_024404 (resized).jpg20200918_024451 (resized).jpg20200918_024430 (resized).jpg

#5982 10 hours ago
Quoted from jester523:

I've noticed that the flippers on Wonka (maybe JJP?) are sloppy, no matter what you do to adjust them. My lower two flippers had 2 DIFFERENT return springs on them, creating all kinds of problems when I took delivery of my LE. (last summer, early production)

The thing that seems different to me than other games is the vertical slop in the flipper hinge pole and flipper bushing. Tons of play when delivered, I then tried to tighten them up a bit using the spacing tool, but then they would bind, and hang when returning like your photo shows.

I have re-built/adjusted a lot of flipper assemblies, so I'm familiar with all the nuances.

It looks like you might need to loosen up the LH flipper bat's up/down gap slightly to fix that, or replace the return spring with a stiffer one, or BOTH, which is what I did with my game.

#5983 10 hours ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just metal on metal is never ideal if u can avoid...Factory default is a post with no rubber installed?

Factory default is having no post at all on the left side.

But I always hear the metal on metal thing and its unavoidable with pinball. Balls are smashing into metal plated ramps and such, let alone multiball where balls are smashing into themselves.

#5984 9 hours ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Factory default is having no post at all on the left side.
But I always hear the metal on metal thing and its unavoidable with pinball. Balls are smashing into metal plated ramps and such, let alone multiball where balls are smashing into themselves.

I hear ya....

#5985 8 hours ago

Has anyone tried adjustments to the gobstopper target to make the hole shot easier from the right flipper? Having direct shots rejected doesn't feel right. I was thinking of bending the target to face more downward, but that is a really solid piece of metal. I loosened the spring, but it didn't make a difference.

#5986 8 hours ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Has anyone tried adjustments to the gobstopper target to make the hole shot easier from the right flipper? Having direct shots rejected doesn't feel right. I was thinking of bending the target to face more downward, but that is a really solid piece of metal. I loosened the spring, but it didn't make a difference.

No, I like having the option to bang the target to goose the bonus multiplier, then post-pass left and sink it when I'm ready.

#5987 35 minutes ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, I like having the option to bang the target to goose the bonus multiplier, then post-pass left and sink it when I'm ready.

Completing the wonkavator and gobstopper multiballs has been inconsistent for me. Disconnecting the playfield magnets has helped some. Once the hole is open during those multiballs I fire every shot at that sucker and get rejected too often. Ball goes in randomly more often than with a direct shot. I know I can get control of a ball with the left flipper and then backhand, but thats not my multiball style. Might try bending the target tonight. Or might fiddle with that rubber circle

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 5987 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 120.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside