IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 279.
#5901 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

If you qualified 4 kids and then drained, you would need to qualify another new kid, hit the captive ball and they should all come back. Then collect them at the target for kid multiball.

I don't believe this is how it works. If you start kid multiball with 4 kids and drain, when you are done, those 4 kids will be grey. If you add the last kid, then start kid multiball, it will be for just 1 kid, not the 1 plus the 4. When you are done, you will be able to start adding kids again. But I believe you have to finish all 5 kids to add the completed ones back. Hopefully that makes sense.

#5902 3 years ago

Ok, I caved. I have decided to move the extra outlane post to the higher position. I can’t seem to get the black placeholder out of there though. I’ve tried pushing it from underneath the playfield, but it won’t budge. Approaching it from the upper side seems a bad idea. I really do not want to damage the playfield.

Any advice?

#5903 3 years ago

I just joined the club with a standard edition. Outside of the star post on the slings, where are the other spots that pooling and chipping tend to occur?

#5904 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I don't believe this is how it works. If you start kid multiball with 4 kids and drain, when you are done, those 4 kids will be grey. If you add the last kid, then start kid multiball, it will be for just 1 kid, not the 1 plus the 4. When you are done, you will be able to start adding kids again. But I believe you have to finish all 5 kids to add the completed ones back. Hopefully that makes sense.

I dont believe thats how it works. Since they are greyed out, you get them back after qualifying another kid and hitting captive ball. That was my understanding at least.

Experts want to chime in?

#5905 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club with a standard edition. Outside of the star post on the slings, where are the other spots that pooling and chipping tend to occur?

Rubber above the left outlane.

#5906 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont believe thats how it works. Since they are greyed out, you get them back after qualifying another kid and hitting captive ball. That was my understanding at least.
Experts want to chime in?

This is how it works; you play a kid in multiball. If you do not score it’s respective jackpot before you drain you won’t get another chance until you’ve played all of the other kids. The game rules are quite hard in that respect. If you’ve brought a kid into multiball, you will not be able to bring him or her back untill you’ve played the other kids in MB too.
Once you’ve brought all the kids into kid MB, they all “reset” after that and you can start over to qualify them again the same way you do at the beginning of a game.

I’m not completely sure what makes them greyed out, but I believe that means you’ve brought them into multiball and there not available anymore.

I hope this clarifies!

#5907 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Rubber above the left outlane.

What rubber are you talking about?

#5908 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What rubber are you talking about?

The one above the left outlane.

#5909 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

This is how it works; you play a kid in multiball. If you do not score it’s respective jackpot before you drain you won’t get another chance until you’ve played all of the other kids. The game rules are quite hard in that respect. If you’ve brought a kid into multiball, you will not be able to bring him or her back untill you’ve played the other kids in MB too.
Once you’ve brought all the kids into kid MB, they all “reset” after that and you can start over to qualify them again the same way you do at the beginning of a game.
I’m not completely sure what makes them greyed out, but I believe that means you’ve brought them into multiball and there not available anymore.
I hope this clarifies!

I was talking about prior to getting multiball originally. Sorry, my last post you quoted was a mistake to mention multiball.

#5910 3 years ago

I got my LE a couple of weeks ago. I've been loving it. Yesterday I started getting a trough error. It says all optos and switches are good, check connectors. I've reset those. But I keep getting random balls shot out during game play. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

#5911 3 years ago
Quoted from hanford29:

I got my LE a couple of weeks ago. I've been loving it. Yesterday I started getting a trough error. It says all optos and switches are good, check connectors. I've reset those. But I keep getting random balls shot out during game play. Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks

Call JJP and get a new one.

#5912 3 years ago
Quoted from hanford29:

Thanks

Just went through the same issue. Called JJP and they got a replacement set of opto boards right out to me.

#5913 3 years ago
Quoted from Bbear:

I hope this clarifies!

If this is true, it partially explains why no one seems to be able to get even a second ticket with any regularity.

#5914 3 years ago

Does anyone else have problems with the plastic (labeled 04) that covers the captive ball. I have broken two of them in the two months I have owned the game. The plastic has two very narrow legs that straddle the wire form coming off the factory loop. The first plastic snapped cleanly off and was found in the saucer by the Wonkavision. The second one suffered a broken leg and the ball hit hard enough to swing the plastic around. When I contacted JJ about a warranty replacement, they sent a new plastic but said they were surprised that it had broken and that they have not had problems with that piece.

E7842622-A0FB-4B9C-BBB2-93E05C686396_1_105_c (resized).jpegE7842622-A0FB-4B9C-BBB2-93E05C686396_1_105_c (resized).jpegAB0522C9-1B06-442D-AB08-1C693E674146_1_105_c (resized).jpegAB0522C9-1B06-442D-AB08-1C693E674146_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#5915 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

When I contacted JJ about a warranty replacement, they sent a new plastic but said they were surprised that it had broken and that they have not had problems with that piece.

Check again please.

No idea. But stuff does change.

LTG : )

#5916 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check again please.
No idea. But stuff does change.
LTG : )

Thanks LTG. I got the plastic replacement but I was just curious if this was a common problem. I don't want to be replacing it monthly!

#5917 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

When I contacted JJ about a warranty replacement, they sent a new plastic but said they were surprised that it had broken and that they have not had problems with that piece. [quoted image][quoted image]

It is common, at least it also happened to me. I was out of warranty when it happened and I was required to buy a whole sheet of clear plastics for the game rather than just that part. I wanted to get 6 copies of it to have some backups over time, but instead I have a box of additional plastics I don't need. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#5918 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is common, at least it also happened to me. I was out of warranty when it happened and I was required to buy a whole sheet of clear plastics for the game rather than just that part. I wanted to get 6 copies of it to have some backups over time, but instead I have a box of additional plastics I don't need. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I asked him to send me multiples...didn't happen.

#5919 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

I asked him to send me multiples...didn't happen.

I kinda want someone with a CNC to make a better part in the following ways:

- Make it a bit thicker plastic
- Make it go all the way up the ball channel so we stop getting stuck balls there
- Make the two "legs" that go around the wireform (which keep it from rotating) a bit thicker and a bit longer

#5920 3 years ago

< a bit thicker and a bit longer

That’s what she said!

#5921 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

If this is true, it partially explains why no one seems to be able to get even a second ticket with any regularity.

If you play the kid multiballs one or two kids at a time, it's much more manageable to get the kid GT. That and factory tour are definitely the easiest tickets outside of gumball and just require a little patience.

If you are trying for the 5 completed kid stack for 6x jackpots, yeah you're gonna have a hard time getting that ticket. Just my perspective.

#5922 3 years ago

I recently got a Wonka LE and really like it, but I’m having an issue with the skill shot. If I get the ball in the saucer for the skill shot, the game doesn’t always recognize it. The ball search function then gets triggered after a few seconds, and the ball comes out of the saucer because of it with no skill shot acknowledged. Anyone having this issue or have a thought on what it might be? Thanks.

#5923 3 years ago
Quoted from eb94114:

I recently got a Wonka LE and really like it, but I’m having an issue with the skill shot. If I get the ball in the saucer for the skill shot, the game doesn’t always recognize it. The ball search function then gets triggered after a few seconds, and the ball comes out of the saucer because of it with no skill shot acknowledged. Anyone having this issue or have a thought on what it might be? Thanks.

Check the connection at the reflective opto board in the hole. Clean the opto sensor thoroughly - it isn't a traditional opto, it needs to see the ball above it so make sure the sensor is clean and then it will work better. If it is bad, you can get a replacement but we have seen that cleaning it usually makes it work fine.

#5924 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check the connection at the reflective opto board in the hole. Clean the opto sensor thoroughly - it isn't a traditional opto, it needs to see the ball above it so make sure the sensor is clean and then it will work better. If it is bad, you can get a replacement but we have seen that cleaning it usually makes it work fine.

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll try that and report back.

#5925 3 years ago

Gobbstopper Hole - Check device malfunction detected. Anyone ever get this error. Under playfield looks perfect. Dont see any loose connections. Disk is just not spinning. Maybe I need to do that jumper board reset.

Pin is brand new with 5 games played.

LTG if you read this thanks for help yesterday on Shaker but that to is still not working. Turned it on in Coil Settings.

#5926 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Gobbstopper Hole - Check device malfunction detected. Anyone ever get this error. Under playfield looks perfect. Dont see any loose connections. Disk is just not spinning. Maybe I need to do that jumper board reset.
Pin is brand new with 5 games played.
LTG if you read this thanks for help yesterday on Shaker but that to is still not working. Turned it on in Coil Settings.

Most likely the set screws for the gobstopper hole rotation are loose.

#5927 3 years ago

Thanks I’ll check those. Can’t imagine that would trigger an error. When I spin it by hand it doesn’t slip. I can hear the motor churning.

#5928 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Thanks I’ll check those. Can’t imagine that would trigger an error. When I spin it by hand it doesn’t slip. I can hear the motor churning.

Did you check the Backbox. I had this issue when my game was new. JJP wrote back this, which fixed it.
"Check also the connector J109 (Yellow wires) at the I/O board in the backbox behind the monitor as that may have come unplugged partially or completely since the game was just moved"

What my backbox looked like when I opened it up in pic

20200724_114810 (resized).jpg20200724_114810 (resized).jpg
#5929 3 years ago

Jester thanks for tip. Mine are very snug. Unplugged and plugged back in. Still not working. Guess its time to call Support.

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

Does anyone else have problems with the plastic (labeled 04) that covers the captive ball. I have broken two of them in the two months I have owned the game. The plastic has two very narrow legs that straddle the wire form coming off the factory loop. The first plastic snapped cleanly off and was found in the saucer by the Wonkavision. The second one suffered a broken leg and the ball hit hard enough to swing the plastic around. When I contacted JJ about a warranty replacement, they sent a new plastic but said they were surprised that it had broken and that they have not had problems with that piece. [quoted image][quoted image]

It breaks easily, especially if you don’t have the factory ramp “roof” installed. JJP replaced mine. Second one is intact, so far.

#5931 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Jester thanks for tip. Mine are very snug. Unplugged and plugged back in. Still not working. Guess its time to call Support.

I had this issue as well. JJP sent me. New opto for the saucer. No problems since.

Man, when I look back on it, we early adopters sure that some kinks to iron out! Including literal ironing.

#5932 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:It breaks easily, especially if you don’t have the factory ramp “roof” installed. JJP replaced mine. Second one is intact, so far.

I'm not sure what you mean by "factory ramp 'roof'". Could you please post a photo? Thanks!

#5933 3 years ago

Well after owning this game for a month and putting on about 60 games my observations are:

1. Very fun game and addicting game
2. complex rule set - still not sure I understand them all
3. Not easy to collect Golden Tickets ... the most I've collected is 3
4. High score of 11M with only collecting two golden tickets...

Has anyone collected all 5 ? Not an easy game

#5934 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well after owning this game for a month and putting on about 60 games my observations are:
1. Very fun game and addicting game
2. complex rule set - still not sure I understand them all
3. Not easy to collect Golden Tickets ... the most I've collected is 3
4. High score of 11M with only collecting two golden tickets...
Has anyone collected all 5 ? Not an easy game

You're doing better than we are after around 15 months playing it. My wife is the first of us to get 3 tickets and it just happened this week!

The one cool thing is that despite the difficulty, it keeps us interested enough to keep trying. It seems like every time we're getting frustrated and ready to quit, we have an amazing game that sets the hook all over again.

Wonka is going to be the first pin we own to pay for itself in terms of number of plays.

#5935 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're doing better than we are after around 15 months playing it. My wife is the first of us to get 3 tickets and it just happened this week!
The one cool thing is that despite the difficulty, it keeps us interested enough to keep trying. It seems like every time we're getting frustrated and ready to quit, we have an amazing game that sets the hook all over again.
Wonka is going to be the first pin we own to pay for itself in terms of number of plays.

Its a tough game...I'm wondering if anyone has ever collected all 5? To be honest most games I can collect two, but twice I've collected 3.

#5936 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

I'm not sure what you mean by "factory ramp 'roof'". Could you please post a photo? Thanks!

Judging by your pictures, you already have it. It is the piece of plastic that goes over the curve of the right ramp. I can see the end of it attached to that post above the captive ball. It doesn't keep that plastic from being damaged, but it does cut down on the airballs you can get on that ramp without it.

#5937 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its a tough game...I'm wondering if anyone has ever collected all 5? To be honest most games I can collect two, but twice I've collected 3.

Post 5845 says he got to pure imagination (5 tickets). He also got 22 million on his ball one, which is almost 6 times my best score, so....i think I'm a long way away.

#5938 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Post 5845 says he got to pure imagination (5 tickets). He also got 22 million on his ball one, which is almost 6 times my best score, so....i think I'm a long way away.

#5939 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

u and me both ! Thats nuts....

#5940 3 years ago
Quoted from Nameim:

Does anyone else have problems with the plastic (labeled 04) that covers the captive ball. I have broken two of them in the two months I have owned the game. The plastic has two very narrow legs that straddle the wire form coming off the factory loop. The first plastic snapped cleanly off and was found in the saucer by the Wonkavision. The second one suffered a broken leg and the ball hit hard enough to swing the plastic around. When I contacted JJ about a warranty replacement, they sent a new plastic but said they were surprised that it had broken and that they have not had problems with that piece. [quoted image][quoted image]

Mine broke last week as well. I went ahead and made one with my 3d printer. Emailed JJP and received immediate response from Barry Engler and he offered to send one out right away. You will pay shipping though. I imagine not a warranty item due to wear and tear item and not enough have been reported to indicate otherwise or an ongoing issue etc... Was owed the drones from an open ticket forever ago for my DI standard so he added those as well and that helped me justify the shipping cost that easily exceeded the price of the plastic. . Easy communication and problem solved quickly. That's what is important to me. If anyone wants the 3d .stl file i'm happy to send it.
Mike

20200914_095500 (Medium) (resized).jpg20200914_095500 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#5941 3 years ago

ie: The gobstopper switch arm overshoot issue. This is where I put a piece of 3m trim tape and left the green smooth cover in the one side so the arm could ride easily on it. It stiffened up the arm so there is almost zero springing action(that's what was causing mine to stick when the ball hit harder than normal) In my situation, I didn't need to bend the switch arm at all.

20200914_112334 (Medium) (resized).jpg20200914_112334 (Medium) (resized).jpg
#5942 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Mine broke last week as well. I went ahead and made one with my 3d printer. Emailed JJP and received immediate response from Barry Engler and he offered to send one out right away. You will pay shipping though. I imagine not a warranty item due to wear and tear item and not enough have been reported to indicate otherwise or an ongoing issue etc... Was owed the drones from an open ticket forever ago for my DI standard so he added those as well and that helped me justify the shipping cost that easily exceeded the price of the plastic. . Easy communication and problem solved quickly. That's what is important to me. If anyone wants the 3d .stl file i'm happy to send it.
Mike[quoted image]

That looks like a great solution. I just wish I had a printer (and the skills) to do the same.

#5943 3 years ago

I just joined the club and I have a couple questions. The first question I have is in the left inlanes. I've put small rubbers on the metal post but my ball gets caught in between them. I tried snipping the rubbers and it works but once they get turned I'm having the same issue. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm wanting to keep the post in there and have rubbers on them. Any suggestions would be great.

IMG_3386 (resized).jpgIMG_3386 (resized).jpg
#5944 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and I have a couple questions. The first question I have is in the left inlanes. I've put small rubbers on the metal post but my ball gets caught in between them. I tried snipping the rubbers and it works but once they get turned I'm having the same issue. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm wanting to keep the post in there and have rubbers on them. Any suggestions would be great.
[quoted image]

I removed the cheater post. You'd be surprised how little a difference it makes.

#5945 3 years ago

The 2nd issue I have is on my right ramp. I have the flipper strength set at 20 which I love. When I hit the right ramp the ball I'm guessing gets slgithly air born and hit the top of the clear plastic (green spot). It did that all the time until I added the blue piece. This has helped because now I rarely get a reject but it'll still happen from time to time. The spacer in red was already there when I received the game. Thoughts? I'm guessing to raise the blue one up a little more.

IMG_3387 (resized).jpgIMG_3387 (resized).jpg
#5946 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I removed the cheater post. You'd be surprised how little a difference it makes.

What did you cover the empty holes with?

#5947 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What did you cover the empty holes with?

I left the originally blocked hole blocked, did nothing to the cheater post hole.

#5948 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

Remove the rubber from the center post

#5949 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

I definitely had this issue. I'll assume it's pretty common. Smaller rubber is the answer. I also want the post there so I used my dremel with the sanding attachment and just kept at it until it became small enough. Just kept turning it and turning it trying to keep it even. It's an adequate fix.

The thing that annoys me the most is that raised little black plug. It literally throws the ball down the outlane like it's magnetized or something. Hasn't bothered me enough to actually figure out the fix. Removal is the obvious solution but its gonna cause problems with the ball getting stuck in the hole due to location and common slow bounces in the area. Not a showstopper. Could put the post there after the plug removal I guess.

#5950 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

The 2nd issue I have is on my right ramp. I have the flipper strength set at 20 which I love. When I hit the right ramp the ball I'm guessing gets slightly air born and hit the top of the clear plastic (green spot). It did that all the time until I added the blue piece. This has helped because now I rarely get a reject but it'll still happen from time to time. The spacer in red was already there when I received the game. Thoughts? I'm guessing to raise the blue one up a little more.
[quoted image]

Your little white spacer (in red) that is on the bottom (left looking at playfield) side of the ramp cover was on the top side (right looking at playfield) of the ramp cover on mine when it was delivered to me. It was installed underneath like yours shows but used to raise the ramp cover where the ball would be coming from. Looks like yours was reversed as there really isn't a reason to have a spacer at the bottom like the picture shows. It appears it would serve no advantage in that position where it definitely could serve a purpose on the top side. My eyes aren't what they used to be but the lower spacer appears taller than the one you put in there. Swap them around and see if it solves the issue.

tldr: put the spacer circled in red where you put the one circled in blue. put no spacer where red one was because it is forcing the inner part of the ramp cover(your green stripe) downward by lifting the lower half.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
9,600 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/119?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.