IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 280.
#5801 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude nice lineup

Haha. We have a lot of the same titles.

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

What's latest code at?

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ Under Support - under Downloads - under Willy Wonka 1.33, if your game has 1.31 or 1.32 you can do the delta update to 1.33. If your game has 1.30 or lower, you need to do a Full Install on 1.31 first then the delta update to 1.33

Downloads and complete instructions are on the website.

LTG : )

#5803 3 years ago

Game is Dope!!! But I'm getting a stuck ball in the gobstopper hole like every other time.

Code came out of the box at 1.32; will update to the Delta 1.33 fix this?

It's pretty frustrating, love the game otherwise, the flow is amazing, my favorite of all the JJP pins

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Game is Dope!!! But I'm getting a stuck ball in the gobstopper hole like every other time.
It's pretty frustrating, love the game otherwise, the flow is amazing, my favorite of all the JJP pins

You're talking about it failing to shoot out of the gobstopper subway VUK right?

Try increasing the power, if that doesn't work try trimming the coil sleeve in there.

#5805 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're talking about it failing to shoot out of the gobstopper subway VUK right?
Try increasing the power, if that doesn't work try trimming the coil sleeve in there.

The ball gets stuck in the little half hole; then it goes into ball search mode and the ball is just stuck there, like the ball is too big for the mech.

#5806 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The ball gets stuck in the little half hole; then it goes into ball search mode and the ball is just stuck there, like the ball is too big for the mech.

This happens to me as well. I assumed it was a dirty opto but I haven't gotten around to cleaning it.

#5807 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

This happens to me as well. I assumed it was a dirty opto but I haven't gotten around to cleaning it.

So you think it's that little opto? Just clean it? I'll try it....It's killing me; just when I'm getting into the flow of the game....I freakin love the layout of this pin; it shoots like pure butter

#5808 3 years ago

Made it to Wonka's Office last night for first time!!! What a rush. It was super fun and apparently I "won" because he said so. I hit some ramps and then the kid multiball target. I'm guessing if I kept trying to hit ramps on the lit side I build a jackpot? The gobstopper hole was open as well. Can anyone tell me or point me to a quick set of rules for Office. I want to know what I'm doing next time I get there. Sheesh! It took a lot of work to get two tickets. Pure Imagination will probably forever be in my imagination, just like Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Made it to Wonka's Office last night for first time!!! What a rush. It was super fun and apparently I "won" because he said so. I hit some ramps and then the kid multiball target. I'm guessing if I kept trying to hit ramps on the lit side I build a jackpot? The gobstopper hole was open as well. Can anyone tell me or point me to a quick set of rules for Office. I want to know what I'm doing next time I get there. Sheesh! It took a lot of work to get two tickets. Pure Imagination will probably forever be in my imagination, just like Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

This mode is pretty interesting, you can either finish it quick with minimal payout, or play longer with a big payout. My best for Wonka's office is just over 1 million points. If you look at the onscreen instructions during it, it will tell you that you can finish the mode one of three ways. Either the upper ramp for 2x payout, captive ball for 1x payout, or kid multi-ball target for 3x payout.

I felt that I would never get to any of the later wizard modes so I lowered the requirements to collect the golden tickets a little bit. Play around with it until you feel comfortable with it being a challenging game, but also possible.

#5810 3 years ago

What is the insert under the Gobstopper hole that looks like a hat?

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the insert under the Gobstopper hole that looks like a hat?

That's for collecting a scrumdiddlyumptious combo. If you hit the left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, etc it builds the value to be collected. I think there's other ways of building up the combo too.

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

That's for collecting a scrumdiddlyumptious combo. If you hit the left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, etc it builds the value to be collected. I think there's other ways of building up the combo too.

Just as an addendum, you can see the combo shots as they are orange, so you know what to hit to build it. If you stop shooting combos, the hat goes away, and you start all over I believe.

#5813 3 years ago

Really starting to get this game now, after owning it for a few months... Multipliers FTW! Managed my first million today, which is good for me as I default to the 'flailing while swearing' technique. It's all strategy, and as others have said, it just flows. Love it. Well done, Pat and JJP!

#5814 3 years ago

Went down for a quick game this morning while I had my coffee and this happened...

20200815_083646 (resized).jpg20200815_083646 (resized).jpg
#5815 3 years ago

My Wonka LE is supposed to ship on Monday. I can hardly contain my excitement. Wife and I watched the movie last night.

Is there anything I should do right away to the game? I usually mylar the shooter, but is there something ive missed since the game came out that everyone has had to tweek?

#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

My Wonka LE is supposed to ship on Monday. I can hardly contain my excitement. Wife and I watched the movie last night.
Is there anything I should do right away to the game? I usually mylar the shooter, but is there something ive missed since the game came out that everyone has had to tweek?

You should be excited! It's definitely the top game in my collection, and I even have the new TMNT.
About the only thing I would recommend is a lane protector from mezel mods. While you're at it, pick up some other sweet mods from them.

#5817 3 years ago

Is there a known issue where you'll be in maybe wonkavator multiball and lock a ball in the gobstopper and you don't get that locked ball launched back in to the game? I've seen it happen a few times but don't know the game well enough to know if there is something competing with the ball launch that is preventing it. In other modes & multiball combinations it does re-launch the ball. If I drain the last ball on the playfield (when there should be two) and I have ball save it will re-launch two balls, so it knows the count but it seems like there is a disconnect with how many balls end up under the playfield and how many are in play.

#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Is there a known issue where you'll be in maybe wonkavator multiball and lock a ball in the gobstopper and you don't get that locked ball launched back in to the game? I've seen it happen a few times but don't know the game well enough to know if there is something competing with the ball launch that is preventing it. In other modes & multiball combinations it does re-launch the ball. If I drain the last ball on the playfield (when there should be two) and I have ball save it will re-launch two balls, so it knows the count but it seems like there is a disconnect with how many balls end up under the playfield and how many are in play.

It's either the power on the gobstopper lock coil, the coil sleeve for it is too long, or both. Pretty common on the first gen machines.

#5819 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's either the power on the gobstopper lock coil, the coil sleeve for it is too long, or both. Pretty common on the first gen machines.

Thanks, haven't even really looked under the skirt yet. Just been enjoying playing. I'll dig around, glad it isn't likely a software issue.

#5820 3 years ago

I think in one of the wonkavater stages, you lock balls in the gobstopper until you have only one left. Then, you have to possible do something and the balls come back out and you move onto the next stage. I've never got to it, but read about it. Ill see if I can find and link.

Edit: easier than I thought

"Wave 1: All major shots in the game will begin flashing blue and yellow for Jackpot awards. The same shot can be made more than once to make progress towards qualifying the Super Jackpot award. After 6 Jackpots have been collected, the Gobstopper target will begin flashing. The target has to be hit once in order to open the lock. Once all balls except for one have been locked, the side loop will light for a Super Jackpot multiplied by the number of balls that have been locked."

Quoted from harryhoudini:

#5821 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I think in one of the wonkavater stages, you lock balls in the gobstopper until you have only one left. Then, you have to possible do something and the balls come back out and you move onto the next stage. I've never got to it, but read about it. Ill see if I can find and link.

That's a good point, in Wonkavator the gobstopper eats balls until you're down to your last one, then when you make the spinner shot it goes to phase 2 or 3. Maybe that is what's going on.

#5822 3 years ago

OOOOOhhh.. ok that makes sense. Thanks!

#5824 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

had this same issue. Mine is a later build as well. Playfield is beautiful after 1000 balls played! The lock nut on the end of the gobstopper mech can be loosened to raise or lower the lil circle platform above. Mine was sitting to high and wasn’t even with the Playfield. I lowered it a lil bit and also revisited my left to right leveling to ensure it was even. My front right leg needed to be lowered just a bit, now it works every time. Start easy before you start taking out mechs. Think I also bumped the gobstopper lock release to 21 and gobstopper vuk strength to 13. Hope this helps.

#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Went down for a quick game this morning while I had my coffee and this happened...[quoted image]

Nice score! Curious: did you manage to get 2 or more Golden Tickets on that run?

#5826 3 years ago

I got my LE yesterday! I just had my best game at around 3.3mill. What a rush!

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Nice score! Curious: did you manage to get 2 or more Golden Tickets on that run?

I have no idea. lol.

Having trough opto issues now. Too many balls being put into play. Put in a ticket with JJP.

#5828 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I got my LE yesterday! I just had my best game at around 3.3mill. What a rush!

Beginners luck! haha. My high score is just over 3mm from when I first got it. I cannot even come close anymore lol.

#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Beginners luck! haha. My high score is just over 3mm from when I first got it. I cannot even come close anymore lol.

You will do way better then 3 mil.
This game opens up with Wonka balls bonuses and multi ball!

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You will do way better then 3 mil.
This game opens up with Wonka balls bonuses and multi ball!

hahah, let me know when.. ive had the game since February. lol

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

hahah, let me know when.. ive had the game since February. lol

PLAY BETTER!!!!!!!
Haha

#5832 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have no idea. lol.
Having trough opto issues now. Too many balls being put into play. Put in a ticket with JJP.

I had the same issue. The through board Optos are bad and they need to send new ones.

#5833 3 years ago

I haven't messed with the rule settings on this game yet, but in the interest of one day seeing Wonka's Office, I am considering tweaking a few. Is there a setting to keep Kids (Brats!) lit permanently? In other words, removing the (imo unnecessary) rule that they have to be recollected via captive ball after a drain in order to re-light Kid (Brat) Multiball. I think this alone would be a huge improvement.

#5834 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

PLAY BETTER!!!!!!!
Haha

Very true. I just cannot get good at this one game for some reason. Not sure why. But it keeps bringing me back!

I also dont get to play as much as others with a 4 year old and 11 month old at home...

#5835 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I haven't messed with the rule settings on this game yet, but in the interest of one day seeing Wonka's Office, I am considering tweaking a few. Is there a setting to keep Kids (Brats!) lit permanently? In other words, removing the (imo unnecessary) rule that they have to be recollected via captive ball after a drain in order to re-light Kid (Brat) Multiball. I think this alone would be a huge improvement.

I didnt think they had to be recollected but rather that if you collect one kid after, they all come back?

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I had the same issue. The through board Optos are bad and they need to send new ones.

My trough opto went out almost immediately, the new one has much more secure soldering posts. No issues since and easy switch out

#5837 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I didnt think they had to be recollected but rather that if you collect one kid after, they all come back?

Yes this is true.

#5838 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Very true. I just cannot get good at this one game for some reason. Not sure why. But it keeps bringing me back!
I also dont get to play as much as others with a 4 year old and 11 month old at home...

Just kidding of course,this game is crazy addictive.I’d recommend getting as many Wonka bars and nail the captive ball as much as possible and good shit will happen!

#5839 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just kidding of course,this game is crazy addictive.I’d recommend getting as many Wonka bars and nail the captive ball as much as possible and good shit will happen!

But you are correct. I do need to play better haha. I think i do need to focus on the captive ball more.

#5840 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Wonka’s office was a total surprise the first time,I immediately lost the final ball and that was that.The next time I caught the ball and looked for instructions,it’s actually easy to win but you can play for more scoring.

#5841 3 years ago

Hello,

I'm love Iron Maiden but the kid in me must have Wonka sitting next to our TZ. So I'm going to be selling Maiden to get a Wonka LE.

What's the status of playfields coming out of the factory at this time? Maiden has thousands of (nearly) invisible dimples but no pooling or anything.

I hope JJ has playfield issues under control and it's safe to pull the trigger now?

Thank you and best regards,
Mike

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello,
I'm love Iron Maiden but the kid in me must have Wonka sitting next to our TZ. So I'm going to be selling Maiden to get a Wonka LE.
What's the status of playfields coming out of the factory at this time? Maiden has thousands of (nearly) invisible dimples but no pooling or anything.
I hope JJ has playfield issues under control and it's safe to pull the trigger now?
Mike

Anything manufactured after October 2019 should be solid

#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

Hello,
Mike

The fun factor on Wonka is up there for me. I joined the club about two weeks ago. I sold a JP Pro to get it and I don’t regret it one bit. I also own a maiden pro and I while I do really like, I have a tendency to walk away angry even after good games. Wonka never leaves me that way. The rules are fun and there are lots of ways to play it. I’m researched some rules online and it helped a lot. Almost broke 8M....so close. I haven’t tweaked the rules but I did add the Optional left post. That left outlane is a hungry hippo!

93358C89-9A02-4C00-B330-F7D3D59A9211 (resized).jpeg93358C89-9A02-4C00-B330-F7D3D59A9211 (resized).jpegDD025F53-35B6-4145-B57F-6D8BBA448C56 (resized).jpegDD025F53-35B6-4145-B57F-6D8BBA448C56 (resized).jpeg
#5844 3 years ago

Thank you both for your replies! I'm super happy to hear things have improved!!!

Iron maiden is a terrific game, deep rule set that will take a long long time to complete. TZ is similar, we owned it for over 20 year before I got lost in the zone...though many years it was in storage.

I'm 57 but a kid at heart..all 7 years in Florida I had my disney annual pass and wanted to go more than the kids... So Wonka is more my style.

#5845 3 years ago

Woo!! Only 2 extra balls. Best moment was an over 10 mil bonus collect (8x bonus * 5x playfield * 500ish bars). Also made it to pure imagination, but haven’t mastered that mode yet.

C2DDB638-EC6A-43F7-9743-7858A7B44883 (resized).jpegC2DDB638-EC6A-43F7-9743-7858A7B44883 (resized).jpeg
#5846 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Woo!! Only 2 extra balls. Best moment was an over 10 mil bonus collect (8x bonus * 5x playfield * 500ish bars). Also made it to pure imagination, but haven’t mastered that mode yet. [quoted image]

What a score!!!

#5847 3 years ago

Woo!! Only 2 extra balls. Best moment was an over 10 mil bonus collect (8x bonus * 5x playfield * 500ish bars). Also made it to pure imagination, but haven’t mastered that mode yet. [quoted image]

Wow!!! That’s a whole lot of WONKA bars. A fortune in fudge. Nicely done.

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

I got my Wonka LE on Tuesday (5 days ago). My playfield looks great so far, dimples for sure though.

#5849 3 years ago

Woo!! Only 2 extra balls. Best moment was an over 10 mil bonus collect (8x bonus * 5x playfield * 500ish bars). Also made it to pure imagination, but haven’t mastered that mode yet.

Wow! I only just broke 1.5M! Definitely more practise required, I think.

On a related note, a gentleman who had never played pinball before in his life ("I don't get why you like those things!") played Wonka at my place today. 30 mins later, he said: "I'm staying here today - this thing is great!" And now he wants one. Conversion complete!

#5850 3 years ago

Holy Shit .... was the glass on ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 32.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

9,600 (OBO)
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,961 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.