IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 278.
#5701 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New SE owner here super excited to learn that super locks carry over from game to game on the SE. Was that always the case? I had thought at release they reset after each game on the SE but carried over in the physical locknon the LE and CE. I had a great surprise last night when I started Wonkavator multiball when I thought I was just locking ball 1. Also saw that pushing the flipper button in attract mode shows you how many locks are made. So, new house rule, no turning off Wonka until bed time!

I believe you can change it to tournament mode and it will reset after each game. I have the LE and chose to leave as is. Love it carries over game to game and yes I leave on until we are done for the day lol

#5702 3 years ago

Day 1 - Gobstopper hole malfunction out of the box. Sent an message to support. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Also, one of the bulbs is bad on the coin slot. Is it in poor taste to ask for a replacement?

Update: It was just some loose connections in the backbox. I checked under the playfield, but didn't think about the backbox. Game is pretty cool.

#5703 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Day 1 - Gobstopper hole malfunction out of the box. Sent an message to support. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Also, one of the bulbs is bad on the coin slot. Is it in poor taste to ask for a replacement?

I dont think its in poor taste but I would make sure its not just loose or something.

These are expensive machines!

#5704 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont think its in poor taste but I would make sure its not just loose or something.
These are expensive machines!

I switched the bulbs, and the good one still works. The bad one almost seems shorted. It will bkink and then go out. Ill play with connectors on the bulb. I have extra bulbs so i can use something. just not that specific type. Wonder how much it will annoy me to have mismatched bulbs.

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You are correct. At the reveal they did say that. They changed their minds on the super lock for the SE before they were shipped. Pure guess that it was from the outcry of the masses about it.

Thanks. I was at the MGC reveal and thought they said that. Didn't here the change. Probably would have gotten a SE earlier if I knew. Man, I am loving this game.

#5706 3 years ago

Got an LE on the way can’t wait to join the club! I have a LE topper already so that makes the wait even worse

#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I switched the bulbs, and the good one still works. The bad one almost seems shorted. It will bkink and then go out. Ill play with connectors on the bulb. I have extra bulbs so i can use something. just not that specific type. Wonder how much it will annoy me to have mismatched bulbs.

Well im a bit OCD and it would annoy me... If I didnt want the hassle of contacting JJP, id just swap both out for two identical ones that you have at home..

#5708 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well im a bit OCD and it would annoy me... If I didnt want the hassle of contacting JJP, id just swap both out for two identical ones that you have at home..

LOL don't make the same mistake I did on a Dialed In when one of the bulbs went out in the coin door. I was not playing my Metallica at the time and checked the LEDs on it and sure enough they were the same size... so I put one of those in the DI... it only took about 5 minutes for that LED housing to melt (like an idiot I didn't think about the one game being 5v and the other being 12v)

#5709 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

LOL don't make the same mistake I did on a Dialed In when one of the bulbs went out in the coin door. I was not playing my Metallica at the time and checked the LEDs on it and sure enough they were the same size... so I put one of those in the DI... it only took about 5 minutes for that LED housing to melt (like an idiot I didn't think about the one game being 5v and the other being 12v)

Wow, I actually would never have thought of that! I thought all bulbs ran on the same volts.

#5710 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks. I was at the MGC reveal and thought they said that. Didn't here the change. Probably would have gotten a SE earlier if I knew. Man, I am loving this game.

I think you might have been standing in line with us to get in at MGC. I still have the Wonka candy bar wrappers from that.

20200724_175241 (resized).jpg20200724_175241 (resized).jpg
#5711 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Ok...I definitely would have made that mistake...so...thanks

#5712 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I think you might have been standing in line with us to get in at MGC. I still have the Wonka candy bar wrappers from that. [quoted image]

Yes, I remember. Was a fun reveal.

#5713 3 years ago

I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a trade for a Willy wonka SE for my stranger things pro. I’ve never owned a JJ pinball machine. Heck, my stranger things pin is only my 2nd machine ever owned. Anything I should know about or be aware of ? I absolutely fell in love with this game when I played it last year at a pinball show. I love the theme. WW is one of my all time favorite movies. I love jersey jack pins and have always wanted to own one.

#5714 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Anything I should know about or be aware of ?

Yes, JJP machines are the HEAVIEST pinball. I really struggled getting it out of the car.

#5715 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Yes, JJP machines are the HEAVIEST pinball. I really struggled getting it out of the car.

Will a furniture dolly help? And will it be easier to load/unload in my F-150 truck?

#5716 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

And will it be easier to load/unload in my F-150 truck?

Yes, my biggest issue was lifting it over the hump of an SUV (plus clearing the roof). Sliding it in the back of a pickup would be ideal.

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Will a furniture dolly help? And will it be easier to load/unload in my F-150 truck?

Don't try it alone, especially if you have stairs.

#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m really close to pulling the trigger on a trade for a Willy wonka SE for my stranger things pro. I’ve never owned a JJ pinball machine. Heck, my stranger things pin is only my 2nd machine ever owned. Anything I should know about or be aware of ? I absolutely fell in love with this game when I played it last year at a pinball show. I love the theme. WW is one of my all time favorite movies. I love jersey jack pins and have always wanted to own one.

If thats a straight up trade...u WIN The only thing to know is they weigh a lot more than Stern games ! other than that its just another pinball machine

#5719 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If thats a straight up trade...u WIN The only thing to know is they weigh a lot more than Stern games ! other than that its just another pinball machine

Yeah I’m gonna have my neighbor help me load it in when I get it back. And no it’s not a straight up trade. I’ll have to fork over some cash, which is fine. But I’m just worried about load in.

#5720 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New SE owner here super excited to learn that super locks carry over from game to game on the SE. Was that always the case?

I seem to recall that when the SE was first announced, they said that ball locks would not carry over. When they changed this (prior to or right around release) and implemented the virtual ball locks, that was the deciding factor for me to pull the trigger and buy the SE. It is a really great feature.

#5721 3 years ago

Does the SE take your pic during certain times of the game? I think that’s a cool feature. Hopefully getting my game tomorrow.

#5722 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Does the SE take your pic during certain times of the game? I think that’s a cool feature. Hopefully getting my game tomorrow.

Yes.

#5723 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I have a tight turn in my stairs, getting the WW LE down the stairs was extremely difficult. It might get sold with the house if we ever move. However many people you have to help, add a couple. LOL

#5724 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yeah I’m gonna have my neighbor help me load it in when I get it back. And no it’s not a straight up trade. I’ll have to fork over some cash, which is fine. But I’m just worried about load in.

With two able bodied people u should be fine....compared to WOZ, POTC, and Hobbit its pretty light

#5725 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

I have a tight turn in my stairs, getting the WW LE down the stairs was extremely difficult. It might get sold with the house if we ever move. However many people you have to help, add a couple. LOL

I have a straight shot down to my basement from my side door entrance. It’s like 6 stairs. Plus a furniture dolly and a strong fit young guy. He’s my cop neighbor. Lol.

#5726 3 years ago

So I’ve never owned a JJP machine before. Just 2 Stern’s so far. So, what’s the sound quality like on JJP’s? I’m looking to buy a pinwoofer system once I get my WW. Any suggestions ?

#5727 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I’ve never owned a JJP machine before. Just 2 Stern’s so far. So, what’s the sound quality like on JJP’s? I’m looking to buy a pinwoofer system once I get my WW. Any suggestions ?

The sound is much better than Stern, although now that my Maiden has Pinsound Willy Wonka sounds a little weak. Let us know how it goes!

#5728 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

The sound is much better than Stern, although now that my Maiden has Pinsound Willy Wonka sounds a little weak. Let us know how it goes!

Well here’s the thing. Pinwoofer isn’t offering backbox speakers for the JJP’s , just the subs. So maybe that’s because the backbox speakers are superior to Stern’s ? Idk. But I’ll definitely let you all know.

#5729 3 years ago

I'm about to start rubber (titan) ring replacement today on my Wonka LE. I've searched this forum topic but have found no posts yet on this question: are there any tricks or tips to keep in mind? I've done complete upper playfield ring replacements on LOTR (a pain), Stern SW Pro (a little lesser of a pain), and Beatles (a joy, actually).

Thanks for any feedback or post links. I do know about holding nut under sling plastics (yeah, my playfield has issues).

-Adam

#5730 3 years ago

I’m close to buying an SE, and it will need to go in my basement. Straight shot down to the basement with 8 stairs. Will a furniture dolly and 2 people be enough?

#5731 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m close to buying an SE, and it will need to go in my basement. Straight shot down to the basement with 8 stairs. Will a furniture dolly and 2 people be enough?

Have you moved another pin down to the basement ? If so, same thing.

LTG : )

#5732 3 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I just slide mine down. I have used furniture dollys before and I wouldn't say its easier

#5733 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Hmmm never thought of that either. How does one know if a bulb is 5v or 12v? And furthermore, what voltage are are the bulbs in a JJP (coindoor etc) compared to a Williams bulb? I assumed all the LED bulbs in pins were the same voltage...

#5734 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

what voltage are are the bulbs in a JJP (coindoor etc)

12 volt DC

Quoted from HarryReimer:

How does one know if a bulb is 5v or 12v?

Put a meter on the socket.

#5735 3 years ago

Lloyd, I meant can you tell if a bulb is 5v or 12 v

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

It almost always has a label on it. Also, the 12v ones are usually a bit larger from my experience even though they socket the same.

Best thing to do is put the bulb in a known 5 volt source to see if it turns on. That way you won't break anything.

#5737 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

By number on base.

If it's a LED, hope it's marked.

#5738 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

The best method I've found with getting the left protector on is to start from the top, first wedging the protector down and under the left ramp section near the back. Then slowly wedge the protector downwards, rocking it back and forth. If you try to get the protector between the back left ramp just by using a horizontal motion, you'll have trouble. You need to angle it down from the top. Once you do it once or twice, you'll have the motion down and won't run into trouble. It just takes some practice.
I do it in one of my videos here. (Although the angle isn't the greatest, but you can at least see the motion.)

I think Im going to work on that damaged blade today or tomorrow. Does anyone have a good way to remove the old one? I hope it just peels off.

#5739 3 years ago

Quick question as I didnt want to read through whole thread! Is wonka a standard body or wide like the other jjp? Wondering if this will fit in a space well if i sell a newer stern

#5741 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

With two able bodied people u should be fine....compared to WOZ, POTC, and Hobbit its pretty light

If im not mistaken, Wonka is about the same weight as WOZ. I was surprised by this when I was looking at buying Wonka.

#5742 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

If im not mistaken, Wonka is about the same weight as WOZ. I was surprised by this when I was looking at buying Wonka.

Really? Thats a surprise as WOZ and Hobbit are beasts to move....maybe it just seems that way because their wide bodies?

#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Quick question as I didnt want to read through whole thread! Is wonka a standard body or wide like the other jjp? Wondering if this will fit in a space well if i sell a newer stern

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Wonka is standard width like DI

Backbox is similar size, wide body or standard. It will fit where a newer Stern pin fits quite nicely.

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really? Thats a surprise as WOZ and Hobbit are beasts to move....maybe it just seems that way because their wide bodies?

I was shocked when I found the weight of Wonka. I asked how it could be as much as WOZ since it is a wide body.. The reply that I received was that "Candy makes you gain weight" lol. I always found that hysterical.

#5745 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. I may sell my deadpool and get a wonka to mix things up.

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I was shocked when I found the weight of Wonka. I asked how it could be as much as WOZ since it is a wide body.. The reply that I received was that "Candy makes you gain weight" lol. I always found that hysterical.

Thats funny! all I know is that its not light.....when I pick up a Stern its seems like a feather ... my IJ seems about the same weight as my JJP games

#5747 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks everyone. I may sell my deadpool and get a wonka to mix things up.

I sold my dp pre for a wonka And do not regret it at all

#5748 3 years ago

So I have an issue with my shooter rod, perhaps someone can help.

The rod does not line up with the center of the ball. Its sits towards the right. Now, I went to adjust this but its off so much, that the exterior housing shows a "line" (actually like a rectangular line) where the housing is supposed to be, on the decal. Usually this box line is covered by the housing..

I dont really want to adjust it so that I see that decal line but obviously need to fix the position of the shooter rod.

Any thoughts?

#5749 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I sold my dp pre for a wonka And do not regret it at all

I'm really surprised how much I love my Wonka...I knew it was a fun game before I purchased, but after owning it a few weeks its really growing on me. I especially like the 4 flippers....rules are a little complicated, but once u figure those out its even more enjoyable

#5750 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm really surprised how much I love my Wonka...I knew it was a fun game before I purchased, but after owning it a few weeks its really growing on me. I especially like the 4 flippers....rules are a little complicated, but once u figure those out its even more enjoyable

I agree. Its a great game. I really kind of suck at it but love to play it. Always keeps me coming back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/115?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.