IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 280.
#5651 3 years ago

Here are the cables provided.

7ED51C04-6D6B-4644-85A6-AC6C855FF6DC (resized).jpeg7ED51C04-6D6B-4644-85A6-AC6C855FF6DC (resized).jpegB0F74220-5682-4731-8CBF-BEC5E99B4238 (resized).jpegB0F74220-5682-4731-8CBF-BEC5E99B4238 (resized).jpeg
#5652 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone with the tilt topper know where it plugs into? No instructions unfortunately. I’m guessing somewhere in the backbox? Thanks in advance.

I thought (but not positive), that the toppers plugged into the molex that sits right by the LED Backbox light-strip plug in. I thought that was said to me a while back but again, not completely sure.

#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Here are the cables provided.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, that is what I was referring to also.

#5654 3 years ago

Woohoo! Just joined the club with a Standard.

#5655 3 years ago

I really wish someone else would make a good topper for this....

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The JJP Wonka topper is pretty nice.....they sell it on their website....its not your standard crappy JJP topper

#5657 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I heard that Cointaker/Laseriffic has one in progress... but I have had mixed results with those Laseriffic toppers.

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The JJP Wonka topper is pretty nice.....they sell it on their website....its not your standard crappy JJP topper

Yea but ive heard numerous times its overly bright and there is no way to dim it.

#5659 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I heard that Cointaker/Laseriffic has one in progress... but I have had mixed results with those Laseriffic toppers.

Depending yes. I have their ghostbusters one and I do like it.

#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yea but ive heard numerous times its overly bright and there is no way to dim it.

I have one installed on my LE....yea its bright, but not overly bright....its actually well made and looks great.....

#5661 3 years ago

Im getting my LE tomorrow. I have to move it down a flight of stairs. Do you think i can slide it down the stairs still in the box?

#5662 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Im getting my LE tomorrow. I have to move it down a flight of stairs. Do you think i can slide it down the stairs still in the box?

That is NOT something I would attempt. I would find someone with an Escalera, or rent a Power Mate (suncoast rentals has them.)

Make sure you have a helper.

#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Do you think i can slide it down the stairs still in the box?

Yes. Truck this side only on the bottom. Friend or neighbor or wife you don't care much about on the bottom you holding on, on top.

LTG : )

#5664 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I've done it down a half flight of stairs (raised ranch). Not a bad way to move it really. There is much less risk with half a flight, how much do you like the person supporting the bottom?

#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is NOT something I would attempt. I would find someone with an Escalera, or rent a Power Mate (suncoast rentals has them.)
Make sure you have a helper.

On the flip side of my own argument, I did almost dump a Wonka SE downstairs with an Escalera. Going downstairs with those stair lifts is dramatically more difficult than going up.

The main concern to worry about (IMO) is the weight/momentum, as these are not light machines. Good luck @jester523!

#5666 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Truck this side only on the bottom. Friend or neighbor or wife you don't care much about on the bottom you holding on, on top.

Ha! You beat me to it by seconds!

#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

how much do you like the person supporting the bottom?

Lol, I dont like him at all. Just kidding. Its a short flight, and a U shape. Wont be to bad.

#5668 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Wont be to bad.

Not if he's a fast healer.

#5669 3 years ago

Just moved an SE two days ago. It is heavy. I would have 2 on bottom and one on top. But I used and Escalara and did it by myself. In my opinion, going down with Escalara is easier than going up. If you think there are more JJP's, Ameican Pinballs, or P3 in your future and you have stairs, invest in an Escalara. Sterns are way lighter and any furniture/appliance truck will do.

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just moved an SE two days ago. It is heavy. I would have 2 on bottom and one on top. But I used and Escalara and did it by myself. In my opinion, going down with Escalara is easier than going up. If you think there are more JJP's, Ameican Pinballs, or P3 in your future and you have stairs, invest in an Escalara. Sterns are way lighter and any furniture/appliance truck will do.

Do you have the edge detectors on your Escalera? I’ve been meaning to get those before I take another pin downstairs.

#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Yes, I did it 5 years ago for my WOZ. However it's a straight shot and I had my son in law there to help. Now I have an escalara.

#5672 3 years ago

Has anyone else noticed how much more forward the machine sits compared to others? I have all the legs touching my base board on the wall, but Wonka seems to sit more forward. Its almost like the legs sit differently. Im pretty sure they are tight...

Just curious.

#5673 3 years ago

I believe JJP games are set for the levelers to be even with each other, unlike say a WPC game with the rear feet jacked. I have Wonka next to my Maiden and it doesn't look weird to me.

#5674 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I believe JJP games are set for the levelers to be even with each other, unlike say a WPC game with the rear feet jacked. I have Wonka next to my Maiden and it doesn't look weird to me.

Maybe its something with the back box then..

#5675 3 years ago

I got my new art blade to replace the damaged one that came with my pin. I can install it using the "wet" technique, but does anyone have a good method to get the old one off, and also has anyone had to correct that left ramp from hitting the left side of the cabinet ? How do I fix that? Its just rubbing into that side
Some sort of metal/plastic bracket.

#5676 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

add me to the list. My wonka has the opto error message and cannot even play a game now. It was shooting balls out during play randomly and even throwing two balls into the plunger lane. Now it has decided to be unplayable.
Nathan at JJP was very helpful and is only charging me for shipping to and from them even though I'm the 2nd owner of the game.

I got mine NIB mid MArch and one week in I was having trough issues. Had to be replace the board. The soldering was much different on the one they sent vs the one in the game. Easy fix and have not had issues since that time.

#5677 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I took some measurements and noticed that the from the wall to the leg bolts in the back, the machine sits about 1 inch further out. But the back box is at least 2 inches longer compared to my woz.

Picture here to show what I am seeing...

20200723_120957 (resized).jpg20200723_120957 (resized).jpg
#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you have the edge detectors on your Escalera? I’ve been meaning to get those before I take another pin downstairs.

Nope. I just get the wheels a couple of inches to the edge of the step and once it lifts over the step, gravity does the rest by pushing the treads against the step. In fact, when going down, I rest or adjust my feet while it is midway down the step. Once the tread is on the stair, that thing is stable as a rock. Going up the forward "push" it gives at the beginning requires a counter-pull back that can be a bit scary with a heavy machine (JJP or P3).

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I took some measurements and noticed that the from the wall to the leg bolts in the back, the machine sits about 1 inch further out. But the back box is at least 2 inches longer compared to my woz.
Picture here to show what I am seeing...
[quoted image]

I have WOZ, Hobbit, DI and Wonka (had JJPOTC) and the newer cabinet heads (DI, WW, JJPOTC) are definitely a different angle and shape. Likely because that is when they moved the computer to the backbox instead of the cabinet.

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have WOZ, Hobbit, DI and Wonka (had JJPOTC) and the newer cabinet heads (DI, WW, JJPOTC) are definitely a different angle and shape. Likely because that is when they moved the computer to the backbox instead of the cabinet.

I was thinking that also. Thanks for helping calm my curiosity haha.

I went and made sure the backbox was down all the way, then was thinking maybe somehow the legs got bent.... But everything looked normal to me.

I do have this on a steeper angle vs. some of my others so maybe the little bit of extra height to the back legs add to it as well.

#5681 3 years ago

Anyone know if there is any more code to come for WONKA!? @ltg?

Thanks

#5682 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Anyone know if there is any more code to come for WONKA!? ltg?

Just what is on the website.

No idea when the WIFI stuff or anything else if ever, might be coming.

#5683 3 years ago

First want to mention I joined the club with an SE. Wow, totally lost but picked up games rules sheet from JJP by calling ahead.

Awesome so far. edit: Having some games tonight it's a total blast.

However am I the only pinball player that sets up extra balls on games based in scoring? I have all set up for 3 balls, must finish game before starting new one. I adjust up to 4 extra balls based on scores. This is how I have Hobbit, Woz and DI. Ex. DI 200,000, 500,000, 800,000 and 1,200,000.

I can't do that with Wonka. You can adjust the first score to a reasonable number let's say 250,000.but not 2,3, and 4.

Number 2 it doesn't go lower than 1,000,000 number 3 and 4 also unattainable scores. My settings are set on medium, maybe it's different at other levels. I don't want it to easy but when I do well I want to continue the journey. Anyway I mentioned it to JJP today.

Cheers.

#5684 3 years ago

Anyone with an SE or other JJP standard ever remove the armor and swap for another color? How did you remove the rails? Level of difficulty?

#5685 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I got my new art blade to replace the damaged one that came with my pin. I can install it using the "wet" technique, but does anyone have a good method to get the old one off, and also has anyone had to correct that left ramp from hitting the left side of the cabinet ? How do I fix that? Its just rubbing into that side
Some sort of metal/plastic bracket.

It’s a tight fit and the only way to prevent damage to the side art is to buy those protectors from pinball life. I use them all the time and they work perfect. Still a tight fit even to get them on right.

#5686 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

It’s a tight fit and the only way to prevent damage to the side art is to buy those protectors from pinball life. I use them all the time and they work perfect. Still a tight fit even to get them on right.

Thanks man, I have those protectors and use them all the time, but the thing is you can't even fit them on because the black bracket hits right agains the left cabinet. I need like a 1 mm to get the protector in.

#5687 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

First want to mention I joined the club with an SE. Wow, totally lost but picked up games rules sheet from JJP by calling ahead.
Awesome so far.
However am I the only pinball player that sets up extra balls on games based in scoring? I have all set up for 3 balls, must finish game before starting new one. I adjust up to 4 extra balls based on scores. This is how I have Hobbit, Woz and DI. Ex. DI 200,000, 500,000, 800,000 and 1,200,000.
I can't do that with Wonka. You can adjust the first score to a reasonable number let's say 250,000.but not 2,3, and 4.
Number 2 it doesn't go lower than 1,000,000 number 3 and 4 also unattainable scores. My settings are set on medium, maybe it's different at other levels. I don't want it to easy but when I do well I want to continue the journey. Anyway I mentioned it to JJP today.
Cheers.

You get an extra ball at 200,000?

#5688 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks man, I have those protectors and use them all the time, but the thing is you can't even fit them on because the black bracket hits right agains the left cabinet. I need like a 1 mm to get the protector in.

The best method I've found with getting the left protector on is to start from the top, first wedging the protector down and under the left ramp section near the back. Then slowly wedge the protector downwards, rocking it back and forth. If you try to get the protector between the back left ramp just by using a horizontal motion, you'll have trouble. You need to angle it down from the top. Once you do it once or twice, you'll have the motion down and won't run into trouble. It just takes some practice.

I do it in one of my videos here. (Although the angle isn't the greatest, but you can at least see the motion.)

#5689 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You get an extra ball at 200,000?

Yes, why not ? you can pick what you want to earn extra balls based on scoring. I have all my games set up that way.

My first number chosen is obtainable if I have a fairly decent game. That value is different for each game I own.

The problem with Wonka which is unique (my other JJP aren't restricted and either are my Sterns or B/W's) you can choose a lower value for the first scoring objective, however
if you want to continue earning EB's on higher scores the next value #2 is $1,000,000 and can't select a lower value and unobtainable for my level of play..

I'm good with crap low scoring games and but if I catch lightning in a bottle I want to continue the game and see what offers when I do well.

I have game on medium and want to keep it that way for now.

#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Yes, why not ? you can pick what you want to earn extra balls based on scoring. I have all my games set up that way.
My first number chosen is obtainable if I have a fairly decent game. That value is different for each game I own.
The problem with Wonka which is unique (my other JJP aren't restricted and either are my Sterns or B/W's) you can choose a lower value for the first scoring objective, however
if you want to continue earning EB's on higher scores the next value #2 is $1,000,000 and can't select a lower value and unobtainable for my level of play..
I'm good with crap low scoring games and but if I catch lightning in a bottle I want to continue the game and see what offers when I do well.
I have game on medium and want to keep it that way for now.

I get it,Wonka's pretty tough.Ive never adjusted any difficulty settings.How is that done specifically?

#5691 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I get it,Wonka's pretty tough.Ive never adjusted any difficulty settings.How is that done specifically?

Ok, there are 2 different ways. The first is unique to Wonka under (install) preset settings. I have mine on medium.

The 2nd is adjusting how many extra balls you can obtain based on scoring. I'm showing how my DI is set up and compared to Wonka.
DI I can get EB's at 200,000, 500,000, 800,000 and 1,200,000

These numbers work for me and can be easily adjusted. Wonka you are flexible on the score level 1 but 2,3,and 4 the ones I show are the lowest you can go. My problem is after the first scoring level lets say 200,000 it would be once in a blue moon I could get to 1,000,000 and earn another EB. Then the next level is 2,000,000 and the last is 4,000,000.

Does that help?

thumbnail-11 (resized).jpegthumbnail-11 (resized).jpegthumbnail-12 (resized).jpegthumbnail-12 (resized).jpegthumbnail-13 (resized).jpegthumbnail-13 (resized).jpeg

#5692 3 years ago

Success! Thanks for the help. Went smoothly, but had to take it out of the box. The box was falling apart a bit

20200723_162934 (resized).jpg20200723_162934 (resized).jpg20200723_172913 (resized).jpg20200723_172913 (resized).jpg
#5693 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Ok, there are 2 different ways. The first is unique to Wonka under (install) preset settings. I have mine on medium.
The 2nd is adjusting how many extra balls you can obtain based on scoring. I'm showing how my DI is set up and compared to Wonka.
DI I can get EB's at 200,000, 500,000, 800,000 and 1,200,000
These numbers work for me and can be easily adjusted. Wonka you are flexible on the score level 1 but 2,3,and 4 the ones I show are the lowest you can go. My problem is after the first scoring level lets say 200,000 it would be once in a blue moon I could get to 1,000,000 and earn another EB. Then the next level is 2,000,000 and the last is 4,000,000.
Does that help?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for that

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have them and would recommend having them. Gives you a "little" more confidence and less worry. They work great for me.

#5695 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Anyone know if there is any more code to come for WONKA!? ltg?
Thanks

Eventually added WIFI stuff. Joe talked about wanting to add another mode that he was thinking about in a Buffalo stream, but didn't sound confident that he would get the time to add that as an extra anytime soon. There will be downtime/delays in the future that maybe he can come back to it.

There is new code that beta testers have that (by default) will make it harder to get wonka bars via super spinner. Currently you can hit the target beyond the upper left flipper that normally starts kid multiball when a kid multiball is not ready, then rip the spinner from the upper left flipper for mega wonka bars. Joe thought that was a bit of a exploit and changed it so that you have to hit the switch from the in-lane next to the right lower sling first and you only have a couple of seconds to get it up to the upper left flipper for that shot. It's a good change coming. You can change it back to the old (current) way in settings, but will not be code design intent. It's to prevent people from cradling the ball for that shot which now makes it harder with the change. No other big changes that we have seen in testing. Joe mentioned this change in a Buffalo stream, so I'm not revealing any new secret here.

#5696 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Eventually added WIFI stuff. Joe talked about wanting to add another mode that he was thinking about in a Buffalo stream, but didn't sound confident that he would get the time to add that as an extra anytime soon. There will be downtime/delays in the future that maybe he can come back to it.
There is new code that beta testers have that (by default) will make it harder to get wonka bars via super spinner. Currently you can hit the target beyond the upper left flipper that normally starts kid multiball when a kid multiball is not ready, then rip the spinner from the upper left flipper for mega wonka bars. Joe thought that was a bit of a exploit and changed it so that you have to hit the switch from the in-lane next to the right lower sling first and you only have a couple of seconds to get it up to the upper left flipper for that shot. It's a good change coming. You can change it back to the old (current) way in settings, but will not be code design intent. It's to prevent people from cradling the ball for that shot which now makes it harder with the change. No other big changes that we have seen in testing. Joe mentioned this change in a Buffalo stream, so I'm not revealing any new secret here.

Intersting... That spinner is my only saving grace for points in this game haha. Im not very good at it but love playing it.

How do you cradle a bad to get to that spinner?

Also, what would wifi enable you to do exactly?

#5697 3 years ago

New SE owner here super excited to learn that super locks carry over from game to game on the SE. Was that always the case? I had thought at release they reset after each game on the SE but carried over in the physical locknon the LE and CE. I had a great surprise last night when I started Wonkavator multiball when I thought I was just locking ball 1. Also saw that pushing the flipper button in attract mode shows you how many locks are made. So, new house rule, no turning off Wonka until bed time!

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New SE owner here super excited to learn that super locks carry over from game to game on the SE. Was that always the case?

Yep. From day one.

#5699 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How do you cradle a bad to get to that spinner?

Left or right lower flipper cradle currently makes it an easier shot to the kid multiball target above the upper left flipper that activates the supper spinner for the left upper flipper to go after immediately - it only enables the super spinner for a few seconds. After the next update you need to trigger the right in lane switch to the right of the bottom right sling first before the shot from the bottom right flipper to the kid multiball target (unqualified for a kid multiball) above the left flipper.

Quoted from Rager170:

Also, what would wifi enable you to do exactly?

Currently it is just being tested for wifi and ethernet software updates on all JJP pins. They have other future plans also that they don't want to reveal right now.

#5700 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New SE owner here super excited to learn that super locks carry over from game to game on the SE. Was that always the case? I had thought at release they reset after each game on the SE but carried over in the physical locknon the LE and CE. I had a great surprise last night when I started Wonkavator multiball when I thought I was just locking ball 1. Also saw that pushing the flipper button in attract mode shows you how many locks are made. So, new house rule, no turning off Wonka until bed time!

You are correct. At the reveal they did say that. They changed their minds on the super lock for the SE before they were shipped. Pure guess that it was from the outcry of the masses about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,600 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/114?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.