IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 279.
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

any brand work better than others?

I've always had good luck with PNY

You might try downloading the full install from the other mirror than the one you used. In case your download got corrupted.

LTG : )

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've always had good luck with PNY
You might try downloading the full install from the other mirror than the one you used. In case your download got corrupted.

Thanks LTG. I'm using 3rd USB Drive, using Mac so formatted to MS-DOS FAT, downloading from EU (Not US), and will follow full install for 1.31.

#5503 3 years ago

My machine was delivered about a week ago and has been sitting nib in my garage haven’t had a chance to get to it . The temps in my garage are reaching 90 degrees that won’t cause any harm will it ?

#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My machine was delivered about a week ago and has been sitting nib in my garage haven’t had a chance to get to it . The temps in my garage are reaching 90 degrees that won’t cause any harm will it ?

I wouldn't leave my machine in in hot, humid conditions for long.

#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I wouldn't leave my machine in in hot, humid conditions for long.

Shit . One week wouldn’t cause any issues would it ?

#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks LTG. I'm using 3rd USB Drive, using Mac so formatted to MS-DOS FAT, downloading from EU (Not US), and will follow full install for 1.31.

LTG, that worked. Using alternate mirror (EU) worked. Now at 1.31. Will try delta 1.33 on another stick in case that bombs.

#5507 3 years ago

Hi guys, my Gobstopper target is intermittent AF. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it never works, and sometimes it triggers in a frenzy of a thousand hits (without actually hitting it - usually when the lock is open and also can be triggered by tapping the flippers ie vibrations).
Any ideas? I don't think it's the microswitch because you can sometimes literally touch it with your finger and it still doesn't do what it's supposed to.

I've also got a noisy gobstopper but I think I can fix that.

This is a rental machine and I've noticed the last guy has tightened the spring on the bash thingy - obvs to get it to trigger less.

Rental guy has offered to send out a tech to fix it, but I'll see if I can do something about it via you guys first

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Hi guys, my Gobstopper target is intermittent AF. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it never works, and sometimes it triggers in a frenzy of a thousand hits (without actually hitting it - usually when the lock is open and also can be triggered by tapping the flippers ie vibrations).
Any ideas? I don't think it's the microswitch because you can sometimes literally touch it with your finger and it still doesn't do what it's supposed to.
I've also got a noisy gobstopper but I think I can fix that.
This is a rental machine and I've noticed the last guy has tightened the spring on the bash thingy - obvs to get it to trigger less.
Rental guy has offered to send out a tech to fix it, but I'll see if I can do something about it via you guys first

Sld just b a switch adjustment...

#5509 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Shit . One week wouldn’t cause any issues would it ?

I agree with above, you dont want humidity on it. The wood can swell can cause various issues let alone humidity isnt good for electronics, metal....

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I agree with above, you dont want humidity on it. The wood can swell can cause various issues let alone humidity isnt good for electronics, metal....

I guess I will move it indoors this weekend .. sigh.

#5511 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I guess I will move it indoors this weekend .. sigh.

I dont know how you could wait haha. Id be setting that machine up asap.

#5512 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

LTG, that worked. Using alternate mirror (EU) worked. Now at 1.31. Will try delta 1.33 on another stick in case that bombs.

Delta from 1.31 to 1.33 was even easier. Took 1 minute to do update first time.

#5513 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont know how you could wait haha. Id be setting that machine up asap.

my back and arms hurt these days, can hardly bend over.. so I just let machines sit in the garage until I can get the energy. Last time the jurassic park LE sat in my garage I think for couple months before I decided to open it.. Ill get to this one this weekend.

#5514 3 years ago

I have an issue with my CE. I moved the pin from one spot to another. No bumps or bangs along the way. Power on, and gobstopper disc doesn’t spin and I get an error message. Power off and try again. Same result. Now I get no error message on startup, and no spinning of the disc either. I have an email into JJP. Motor is connected to the wiring harness.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#5515 3 years ago

Open up backbox. Plug connector back onto I/O board that came loose.

#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I looked at that. I didn’t see any loose or unplugged connectors. However, there is no connector on J112.
622DB3EE-9443-4F81-AFED-020D9169DE18 (resized).jpeg622DB3EE-9443-4F81-AFED-020D9169DE18 (resized).jpeg

#5517 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I have an issue with my CE. I moved the pin from one spot to another. No bumps or bangs along the way. Power on, and gobstopper disc doesn’t spin and I get an error message. Power off and try again. Same result. Now I get no error message on startup, and no spinning of the disc either. I have an email into JJP. Motor is connected to the wiring harness.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Can you hear the motor trying to spin? Could be the gear slipped down the shaft and needs to be tightened up.

#5518 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can you hear the motor trying to spin? Could be the gear slipped down the shaft and needs to be tightened up.

You don’t hear anything at start up or in test mode.

#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I looked at that. I didn’t see any loose or unplugged connectors. However, there is no connector on J112.
[quoted image]

I see in the back of you cabinet that you have not taken out the little square cushion. I saw in a video that it is there only for shipping. You should take it out. It is just a Phillips screw in it.

#5520 3 years ago

Just got some pinstadium lights. Where is the best place to hook up the flashers?
Thanks!
Tom

#5521 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Just got some pinstadium lights. Where is the best place to hook up the flashers?
Thanks!
Tom

To the shaker motor outputs. It had instructions on the Pinstadium website.

#5522 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

To the shaker motor outputs. It had instructions on the Pinstadium website.

Awesome!
Thanks!
Tom

#5523 3 years ago

I'd love to see this game get a few more code updates. I still say the golden ticket rules are tuned way too high, but that aside I think there is still a lot more that can be done here.

The pop bumpers come to mind. They seem really useless as far as code goes. There's no countdown to a certain total to start a mode. Avoiding them is easy enough (though doing so seems to send the ball STDM) but there's really no reason to take the lessened risk of hitting them. They honestly seem to be there just because a game apparently has to have them. This is a JJP game! Can't we integrate all of the features in a way that makes for even more options?

What if Oompa Loompa mode were started only after 50 or 100 pop bumper hits, for example. That would justify the Oompa Loompa sounds when they are struck. Make Wonka's Office a mode that is activated after the first ticket. Or add a new mode (or modes) to fill the gap (as well as the other gap when you get 3 or 4 tickets and there's no mode, just a lump sum award... which almost no one has ever done anyway).

I also stand by my assertion that Wonkatania Mania is the best mode in the game and yet it is criminally low as far as points and it should also have its own portrait high score (take Dots Dots Dots out if you have to).

Anyone else have some suggestions on what they would like to see from the code?

#5524 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

I see in the back of you cabinet that you have not taken out the little square cushion. I saw in a video that it is there only for shipping. You should take it out. It is just a Phillips screw in it.

Done. Thanks.

#5525 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Found a blown fuse, F714. Will replace and see if that does it.

#5526 3 years ago

Man there some heavy underwear in this machine or what this thing was a pita to get I the basement . Freaking heavy! After this I’m done moving machines time for hired help

D1125E43-4056-481F-9668-A23A93A0D3F9 (resized).jpegD1125E43-4056-481F-9668-A23A93A0D3F9 (resized).jpeg
#5527 3 years ago

Just curious, do both the LE and CE have interactive undercabinet lighting? Or is this just on the CE?

The next question, is it possible to add this to an SE? I have the Rock Custom Pinball interactive undercabinet lights on all my Stern games, but Chris does not seem to have a version ready for Willy Wonka yet.

I actually submitted a ticket to JJP to ask this question, so if nobody here knows I will just respond to my post with whatever I hear back from them.

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Just curious, do both the LE and CE have interactive undercabinet lighting? Or is this just on the CE?

Just the CE.

Quoted from parsonsaj:

The next question, is it possible to add this to an SE?

If it's interactive with the software, no. Your game won't support it.

#5529 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

The next question, is it possible to add this to an SE? I have the Rock Custom Pinball interactive undercabinet lights on all my Stern games, but Chris does not seem to have a version ready for Willy Wonka yet.
I actually submitted a ticket to JJP to ask this question, so if nobody here knows I will just respond to my post with whatever I hear back from them.

Check with Rock Custom. I have a set of his installed and they look pretty darn good. Three different things activate a color.

#5530 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Check with Rock Custom. I have a set of his installed and they look pretty darn good. Three different things activate a color.

I did check with him and he said he didn’t have anything ready

#5531 3 years ago

How's that for a "pinball cover?"

IMG_2004 (resized).jpegIMG_2004 (resized).jpeg
#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

[quoted image]

Where did u get it ? I may get that too

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

[quoted image]

I got the same one!!! Wish I remember where I got it...

#5534 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

[quoted image]

From Society6. 68"x80" blanket. With discount, $56 plus shipping.

#5535 3 years ago

New to the Wonka Club - CE #425 from LSOG (Little Shop of Games) in St Pete, FL. Marshall is great to work with! Love the game, though the objectives have my head spinning like the Gobstopper...

#5536 3 years ago

Man jersey jack pinballs are just amazing . Heavy as crap but Just love it awesome !

B6A0A145-52F6-428C-8FBE-7EAE82162563 (resized).jpegB6A0A145-52F6-428C-8FBE-7EAE82162563 (resized).jpegD47F97D9-8457-4991-A6AB-20BB7CBEDB3C (resized).jpegD47F97D9-8457-4991-A6AB-20BB7CBEDB3C (resized).jpeg
#5537 3 years ago

But my side art came damaged

72191D6F-A484-4E60-BD97-79F2B6A2C755 (resized).jpeg72191D6F-A484-4E60-BD97-79F2B6A2C755 (resized).jpegC364C62C-1055-460B-8BD5-43A63EC0C67A (resized).jpegC364C62C-1055-460B-8BD5-43A63EC0C67A (resized).jpeg
#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

But my side art came damaged [quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that sucks. I gotta imagine JJP / your distributor will take care of you.

#5539 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Damn that sucks. I gotta imagine JJP / your distributor will take care of you.

I don’t know what they can do other then send me a new blade which is going to be a pita to replace . It looks defective there is a piece of plastic sticking out that just rubs against it hard even if I use the protectors u can’t put them on there is no room

7EF41E49-B536-4E97-B41A-66B5DB670ACD (resized).jpeg7EF41E49-B536-4E97-B41A-66B5DB670ACD (resized).jpeg

Some other minor things I wouldn’t expect but can’t be totally ok I gues s

0086905B-75C8-4B4F-A873-160BBD751FB4 (resized).jpeg0086905B-75C8-4B4F-A873-160BBD751FB4 (resized).jpegA2CC6266-6648-42FA-8EFA-B4FFDA14FDD0 (resized).jpegA2CC6266-6648-42FA-8EFA-B4FFDA14FDD0 (resized).jpeg
#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I don’t know what they can do other then send me a new blade which is going to be a pita to replace . It looks defective there is a piece of plastic sticking out that just rubs against it hard even if I use the protectors u can’t put them on there is no room
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's pretty sloppy. I would make sure you report it and hold them to making it right.

#5541 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

That's pretty sloppy. I would make sure you report it and hold them to making it right.

Yeah I’m Pretty sad about it so much money I spent I hate dealing with nib issues . I really hope they send someone to fix this for me , I don’t have energy to do it myself and time

#5542 3 years ago

I have a slight flipper issue with my NIB SE that I've only had for a few weeks.

The upper left flipper only will sometimes not return fully to the resting position. In the past when I've seen this problem, it has always been the return spring being stretched or broken. In this case, though, the spring appears to be identical to the other 3 flippers which are working perfectly.

If I manually move the flipper, it always seems to go back to the normal resting position as expected - this problem only seems to occur during gameplay. The coil is seated tightly and I don't feel any unusual friction when I move the flipper manually.

Should I just replace the spring, even though it doesn't appear to be faulty from visual inspection? If so, does anyone know if JJP flippers use the same return springs as Stern? (I have a ton of Stern springs in my parts box)

#5543 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have a slight flipper issue with my NIB SE that I've only had for a few weeks.
The upper left flipper only will sometimes not return fully to the resting position. In the past when I've seen this problem, it has always been the return spring being stretched or broken. In this case, though, the spring appears to be identical to the other 3 flippers which are working perfectly.
If I manually move the flipper, it always seems to go back to the normal resting position as expected - this problem only seems to occur during gameplay. The coil is seated tightly and I don't feel any unusual friction when I move the flipper manually.
Should I just replace the spring, even though it doesn't appear to be faulty from visual inspection? If so, does anyone know if JJP flippers use the same return springs as Stern? (I have a ton of Stern springs in my parts box)

I would check to make sure all the screws holding the mech and the plate are tight. If any are loose, it can cause friction with the sleeve and cause the behavior you describe.

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I had a similar issue and found it was the flipper bat itself! The post and plastic were not firmly connected. You may want to see if that is your issue.

I "solved" this problem by swapping it with another flipper bat on the playfield (left to upper right). I would have just reordered a flipper bat, but I couldn't find official JJP ones at the time.

#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Or maybe the flipper bat is clamped in too tight to the playfield. When pulling up on the bat, you should feel a tiny bit of up and down movement.

#5546 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I had the exact same issue on my LE a couple weeks ago. It turned out that I just needed to adjust the "crank portion" a tiny bit by loosening that nut and sliding it up the shaft a little bit.

This video helped me tremendously. My issue was explained at about 10:04 in the video.

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

My lockdown bar was all bubbled when I got it. Got a replacement that took 3 months. That one as well looks like yours. I put in for another replacement. Still waiting as they are back ordered. They have an issue for sure with whoever does the powder coating

#5548 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

My lockdown bar was all bubbled when I got it. Got a replacement that took 3 months. That one as well looks like yours. I put in for another replacement. Still waiting as they are back ordered. They have an issue for sure with whoever does the powder coating

Thanks for the info, I hope they can fix these things, still sad.. but sleeping, eating and drinking. Not letting it effect me too much I guess. I think my side rail imperfections are finger prints! Maybe its charley's finger prints from when he signed the plaque!

#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

That's ridiculous. Look let's be honest. No one is buying the CE brand new bc the secondary market is so weak there is a major loss up front (same with LE) so they have time to check out the ones that actually sell and yours comes with such an obvious issue - should have been caught.

Cmon jjp. Step it up.

I wouldn't lift a finger to fix that. For the price you paid jjp should install it. Seriously. Otherwise I wouldn't buy another nib from jjp period. Absolute bullshit for the amount you paid.

#5550 3 years ago

Another game that takes a photo and reminds me of my double chin .. great

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/111?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.