F0F8A037-DE37-4422-A2FB-0A0996DE161A (resized).jpeg
BC6CACB5-FF1A-428B-A09A-39F38825A8DE (resized).jpeg
13659D3F-8136-45E7-BD2E-3D92CCB844CF (resized).jpeg
5B2B6BA9-0ED7-4567-A4EE-D90C4C30D074 (resized).jpeg
A18AB83A-3D44-460A-8C65-306C84815643 (resized).jpeg
24AC04F1-EDE9-492F-9E15-BE2DE1638ECB (resized).jpeg
B42390BD-3142-498C-94FB-53957CFF3641 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 210.
#5451 1 year ago

In case no one has seen it, JJP is advertising that the LE Topper is on sale for $50 off (so $250) through the weekend with code FD50.

I'm curious as to opinions on this topper from those who own or have owned one. I seem to recall someone here saying that the lights are a different brightness than the rest of the lighting and that there is no way to adjust this, to the point that it is actually distractingly bright. Has that been the general consensus? Any differing opinions?

The sale makes me think that these didn’t fly off the shelves like they hoped.

#5452 1 year ago

After having the game since January I noticed I have a different scoring screen than everyone else. I don't have the portraits showing of the people's faces. Instead I just have the names and scores. I looked through the game settings but I'm not sure which option changes the score screen. Can anyone help me out?

#5453 1 year ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

After having the game since January I noticed I have a different scoring screen than everyone else. I don't have the portraits showing of the people's faces. Instead I just have the names and scores. I looked through the game settings but I'm not sure which option changes the score screen. Can anyone help me out?

They are on by default. They show up around the 6th attract mode cycle. Pirates owners complained about that and they moved it up to the 1st or 2nd attract mode cycle on that pin. Wait around and watch it for about 10 minutes and see if they show up.

#5454 1 year ago

Nice topper

ebay.com link: itm

Looks better than the oem flat version

#5455 1 year ago

I’m in the club just joined last week!
What a great game!

#5456 1 year ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

In case no one has seen it, JJP is advertising that the LE Topper is on sale for $50 off (so $250) through the weekend with code FD50.
I'm curious as to opinions on this topper from those who own or have owned one. I seem to recall someone here saying that the lights are a different brightness than the rest of the lighting and that there is no way to adjust this, to the point that it is actually distractingly bright. Has that been the general consensus? Any differing opinions?
The sale makes me think that these didn’t fly off the shelves like they hoped.

A lot of people were unhappy with it since it is overly bright and there is no control to lower the brightness. Thats what stopped me from getting it.

Still hoping someone makes a nice one.

#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Press the left flipper button 2 or 3 times and you will see them.

But they will come on like others said with enough time.

#5458 1 year ago
Quoted from jayman4911:

Nice topper
ebay.com link

oh, im kind of liking that. Wish there was some lighting to go with it.

#5459 1 year ago
Quoted from jayman4911:

Nice topper
ebay.com link

Matter of preference, I suppose. To me that looks like someone stuck a bunch of stuff on top of the machine for storage.

#5460 1 year ago

So just joined the club. Build date in my SE is 1/29. Is this game not selling well? I was surprised to have such an old build date on the machine. It came with some mylar for the slings. Can anyone confirm when the playfield issues were corrected? Not sure if I should install them or not.

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

So just joined the club. Build date in my SE is 1/29. Is this game not selling well? I was surprised to have such an old build date on the machine. It came with some mylar for the slings. Can anyone confirm when the playfield issues were corrected? Not sure if I should install them or not.

Around October of last year. Mine is from October and I didn't bother putting the mylar in and it's been great.

#5462 1 year ago

Which plastic protectors do you recommend? Pingraffix ones appear to be solid but I see many companies selling these but not sure the differences.

#5463 1 year ago
Quoted from jayman4911:

Nice topper
ebay.com link

Looks terrible. Someone bought some Wonka items and made a "topper" out of it. Complete garbage

I actually in the jjp le one. It's very nice and well made. Cool waterfall effect. Ideally it would be nice to control brightness but definitely not an issue that would cause me not to use it. Really nice looking and brings in the biggest omission in the game itself..... Choc river

#5464 1 year ago

On the subject of Toppers.. my wife was thinking about making one for ours. She wants it to be a large golden ticket, printed on gold foil, LED lit and encapsulated in plexiglass.

Let me know if that would be something you would be interested in also.

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

#5465 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

On the subject of Toppers.. my wife was thinking about making one for ours. She wants it to be a large golden ticket, printed on gold foil, LED lit and encapsulated in plexiglass.
Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

Sounds great! I'm sure it would sell well

#5466 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

Yes.

#5467 1 year ago
Quoted from robgo777:

Best Regards,
Robert Goebel
Pinshakers LLC
www.pinshakers.com

Id be interested, obvioiusly if it looks good ha. I liked these too but they wont work as a topper. https://fansignstime.com/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-golden-ticket-led-neon-sign?93=8&159=6&gclid=CjwKCAjwrcH3BRApEiwAxjdPTWqOq1JdtATa9RJywOw05CiwJgX6-j1e-BpOJiHVNkM9VSQrd4s14RoCBh0QAvD_BwE

#5468 1 year ago

I didnt realize it came with under cabinet lighting, thats awesome! All games should come with that automatically !

#5469 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I didnt realize it came with under cabinet lighting, thats awesome! All games should come with that automatically !

And I didnt know it was signed by Charley! Cheer up Charley! I hope its the original actor?

Man if they ever come out with a BTTF signed by J Fox, Lloyd and some of the other cast, Biff! Man I would be so happy!

#5470 1 year ago

I’m joining the club on Thursday

Can anyone tell me if the head uses a latch or Allen wrench to fold it down? Thanks!

#5471 1 year ago

Allen wrench

#5473 1 year ago

should come with it as a standard..

#5474 1 year ago

I have a question for anyone who has installed PinStadium lighting on this game... did you attach the GI connection to the suggested location, or use something different? Scott suggests the Wonkavision spotlight which works well enough but it is basically a flasher during attract mode and I find all the flashing distracting. It would be better to have a "true" GI connection which was (mostly) always on. Also, for the flasher connection... is there a better place than the shaker motor? I would think that with some of the shaker-intensive modes of this game (Wonkatania comes to mind) that it would be possible to have a seizure if the lights were driven by the shaker...

#5475 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have a question for anyone who has installed PinStadium lighting on this game... did you attach the GI connection to the suggested location, or use something different? Scott suggests the Wonkavision spotlight which works well enough but it is basically a flasher during attract mode and I find all the flashing distracting. It would be better to have a "true" GI connection which was (mostly) always on. Also, for the flasher connection... is there a better place than the shaker motor? I would think that with some of the shaker-intensive modes of this game (Wonkatania comes to mind) that it would be possible to have a seizure if the lights were driven by the shaker...

I'm using the suggested plugin spots. I think the shaker motor is the optimal one for the flashers, it looks amazing during the Wonkavator multi-ball intro. I do find that the GI plugin is annoying especially during Wonka's Office (since half of the playfield is lit at a time, you either have the pin stadiums completely on or off depending on which side is lit). If you find a better spot to plug in the GI I am interested.

#5476 1 year ago

Well, as of yesterday, I'm in the club with a WWLE. Have a few issues though. Upon taking out of the box, noticed the Gobstopper paint missing. The Gobstopper was jammed against the playfield glass and some paint came off and onto the glass. I put in a service ticket to address. Also, I noticed the left ball saver plunger seems to be out of sync. It either is firing early or late. Balls just go through. Can that be adjusted? If so, how?

Thanks.

IMG_1901 (resized).jpegIMG_1914 (resized).jpegIMG_1921 (resized).jpegIMG_1919 (resized).jpegIMG_1924 (resized).jpeg
#5477 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Well, as of yesterday, I'm in the club with a WWLE. Have a few issues though. Upon taking out of the box, noticed the Gobstopper paint missing. The Gobstopper was jammed against the playfield glass and some paint came off and onto the glass. I put in a service ticket to address. Also, I noticed the left ball saver plunger seems to be out of sync. It either is firing early or late. Balls just go through. Can that be adjusted? If so, how?
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

Yes, the ball saver can be adjusted. There is a setting in the menu somewhere (I forget off the top of my head). Also, make sure the switch is working correctly.

#5478 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, make sure the switch is working correctly.

I had exactly the same problem with early or late firing kickback; I tweaked the software setting to get it dialled in initially, but on further inspection, the left outlane rollover switch was bent higher than the other rollover switches alongside it, such that the switch was activating early/as soon as the ball made any contact with it, so make sure that is not the case here. Once I bent it back I reset the setting back to factory default and now its pretty spot on - I get the occasional misfire but I put that down to different ball speeds rather than a problem with the switch timing.

#5479 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is JJP going to do about that gobstobber thingy color that came off? Just curious. Is the glass cleanable or does that need to be replaced too?

#5480 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What is JJP going to do about that gobstobber thingy color that came off? Just curious. Is the glass cleanable or does that need to be replaced too?

My guess is the glass will clean just fine and the gobstopper will need to be replaced.

#5481 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Waiting to hear back. I submitted repair ticket. I'm good if glass can clean up, but I don't want to work too hard and take off the finish.

Got the kickback working properly. Just had to bend the switch wire a little, as recommended by slipifishi.

#5482 1 year ago

OK, so here's an easy one. Are there suppose to be screws to put Limited Edition plaque in place? I can see where it goes, but can't seem to find the right screws for it.

#5483 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, so here's an easy one. Are there suppose to be screws to put Limited Edition plaque in place? I can see where it goes, but can't seem to find the right screws for it.

Small black phillips head machine screws.

LTG : )

DSC00287 (resized).JPG
#5484 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Small black phillips head machine screws.
[quoted image]

Yes, I didn't realize I was screwing into a screw. Thanks.

#5485 1 year ago

H Guys,
Just got my first Willy Wonka and loving it. I love JJP build quality! I am trying to update my software to the 3.3 but will not load. I am in 3.1 now. I tried from my Mac and Dell. Tried reformatting each time. I would get the "Wait while downloading" and then it just just restarts in 3.1. Any suggestions. I have been trying over and over. Sometimes it will not even recognize it. I will have to try another usb I think.

#5486 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballT:

I have been trying over and over. Sometimes it will not even recognize it. I will have to try another usb I think.

Definitely a different USB stick. 8GB to 16GB, nothing else on it.

#5487 1 year ago

Is there any reason that the left slingshot should be MUCH softer than the right one? There is barely a kick out of the left side. Before, the 2 of them were comparable. The right sling is the typical JJP soft kick, and the left one was originally, but now there is a noticable difference between the 2. I've tried raising the coil settings for it and it doesn't seem to make much difference. Perhaps the leaf switches need to be adjusted? Or could this be a coil issue?

#5488 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Is there any reason that the left slingshot should be MUCH softer than the right one? There is barely a kick out of the left side. Before, the 2 of them were comparable. The right sling is the typical JJP soft kick, and the left one was originally, but now there is a noticable difference between the 2. I've tried raising the coil settings for it and it doesn't seem to make much difference. Perhaps the leaf switches need to be adjusted? Or could this be a coil issue?

Curious if the switch came out from behind the rubber?

#5489 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Curious if the switch came out from behind the rubber?

No it's still firmly behind the rubber. I did double check that, as well as making sure that the switch blades seemed to line up the same way as they do on the right side.

#5490 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

No it's still firmly behind the rubber. I did double check that, as well as making sure that the switch blades seemed to line up the same way as they do on the right side.

Update... the coil is not firing in coil test, so hopefully it's just a broken wire. It did seem like it was kicking back very weakly during gameplay but perhaps it was just the kinetic bounce off of the rubber that I was seeing. I will get under the playfield later and hopefully discover something simple to fix.

#5491 1 year ago

Is there an air ball protector for the right ramp? So this happened last night. Took the camera lens right off. Looks like some epoxy will be in the works today.

D58CA09A-C915-4EA0-BFE3-7B94E9F588A9 (resized).jpeg
#5492 1 year ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

Is there an air ball protector for the right ramp? So this happened last night. Took the camera lens right off. Looks like some epoxy will be in the works today.
[quoted image]

I just got an LE a few days ago and I think it has a right ramp airball protector right where the ramp does a 180.

#5493 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Update... the coil is not firing in coil test, so hopefully it's just a broken wire. It did seem like it was kicking back very weakly during gameplay but perhaps it was just the kinetic bounce off of the rubber that I was seeing. I will get under the playfield later and hopefully discover something simple to fix.

Update 2: visual inspection immediately shows the problem. the pin holding the coil plunger to the kicker in the sling is just gone... Opened a service ticket.

(Pics are of bad and good sling assembly respectively)
ED597C7A-7411-47AC-96F9-05A330C6BFD3 (resized).jpeg77F71355-F50C-497F-9E1C-7310DA552C9B (resized).jpeg

#5494 1 year ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

[quoted image]

Yep, here's a picture of the right ramp ball protector on my new LE.

IMG_1962 (resized).jpeg
#5495 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Yep, here's a picture of the right ramp ball protector on my new LE.
[quoted image]

Yea, mine is an older build Oct 2018 standard and I don’t have that. Guess, I’ll see if I can order one.

#5496 1 year ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

Yea, mine is an older build Oct 2018 standard and I don’t have that. Guess, I’ll see if I can order one.

Open a support ticket, JJP will send you one at no charge.

#5497 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Update 2: visual inspection immediately shows the problem. the pin holding the coil plunger to the kicker in the sling is just gone... Opened a service ticket.
(Pics are of bad and good sling assembly respectively)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Poop occurs, sorry for the hassle. Make sure to pull that spring out of there if you plan on playing the game with the broken link. It looks like it is close to shorting out the switch next to it.

#5498 1 year ago

Ugh....day 2 of my NIB WWLE. I have code 1.26. I tried to do full factory 1.31. Followed the full install instructions which involved burning an ISO file to a USB Drive. That part seemed to work. Went to machine and tried starting pin, and saw all kinds of errors pop up. According to the instructions, everything is suppose to happen automatically. Now, machine will not start up. Any help, please?

#5499 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Now, machine will not start up. Any help,

Start over. Different USB stick. 8GB to 16GB

#5500 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Start over. Different USB stick. 8GB to 16GB

I tried a completely different stick. any brand work better than others?

There are 10,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside