IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 279.
#451 4 years ago

Club member. First JJP pin since WOZ and really looking forward to it!

#452 4 years ago

See those @themodcouple mods?

#454 4 years ago

OMG you are not kidding. I want to buy a Wonka just for these mods!

#455 4 years ago

We are so excited to see and play Wonka Memorial Day weekend at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown. I pray the codes further, the tilt bobs loose, the lines are short and the headphone jack works. Three weeks baby! Although playing the game is more of a formality.. Wonka LE is going between WOZ and The Hobbit unless the CE is just crazy awesome.

#456 4 years ago

The weekend was the German Pinball Championship in Munich. There I had the opportunity to stream the newest pinball from JJP the WillyWonka for over 4 hours. Probably one of the first long-play videos of this pinball machine. Have fun watching and if you liked it, I would be very happy about a follow.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/419958800

1 week later
#457 4 years ago

Amazing stream by Karl on his IEPINBALL twitch page: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/425409636

During the stream, he blows it up for 1.4mil.

#458 4 years ago

I really do hope they add more clips and audio from the movie soon. Also hope we hear about production and shipping starting as well.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I really do hope they add more clips and audio from the movie soon. Also hope we hear about production and shipping starting as well.

I hope so as well. I was told months ago that shipping would start weeks after the reveal which is now a let down. Now it looks like months or longer.

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I hope so as well. I was told months ago that shipping would start weeks after the reveal which is now a let down. Now it looks like months or longer.

No, they said 60 days after reveal (which was April 13th at MGC), so that puts them at mid-June. They still have a full month left.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, they said 60 days after reveal (which was April 13th at MGC), so that puts them at mid-June. They still have a full month left.

Yes, how do you know who told me? I was told basically shipping 2 weeks after was the goal not months. Lets report back in 30 days.

#462 4 years ago

When I was at MGC they said 6 weeks they’d begin shipping. So they have about 2 weeks left to start shipping.

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes, how do you know who told me? I was told basically shipping 2 weeks after was the goal not months. Lets report back in 30 days.

It doesn't really matter what you were told. Official word from JJP at the launch last month was that shipping was 60 days out.

Though I have doubts about the speed of the production ramp given PotC and DI, even if they make that date. Also, it's been difficult to discern that much improvement in code and assets so far. Hopefully that changes soon; thing that worries me more than movie clips and slightly empty modes is the paucity of callouts, sound effects and total lack of variety of music ... as it stands now, aurally it's much less compelling than prior JJP titles.

#464 4 years ago

Give your Wonka world an authentic look. The 3D Chocolate Factory ball lock cover is a drop in mod to make that boring ball lock box Pop! Extremely detailed on ALL sides right up to the white smoke chimneys. Each mod is airbrushed and hand detailed for a perfect fit and finish. All windows and skylights are cut out to let the playfield lighting shine through. The factory is open, get one now!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Note: Anyone that placed an order will be contacted tomorrow to see if they wish to add the Factory to save on shipping. Thanks again to all for your support!!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpeg3 (resized).jpeg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#465 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Give your Wonka world an authentic look. The 3D Chocolate Factory ball lock cover is a drop in mod to make that boring ball lock box Pop! Extremely detailed on ALL sides right up to the white smoke chimneys. Each mod is airbrushed and hand detailed for a perfect fit and finish. All windows and skylights are cut out to let the playfield lighting shine through. The factory is open, get one now!

This looks fantastic! You guys really make some nice mods. I'll be in for a few of the Wonka ones!

1 week later
#466 4 years ago

Based on the playfield issues I'm seeing with pirates (sling posts digging through the clear) I'm starting to get a little leary of my pre-order. What are the odds JJP fixes this before wonka hits the line?

#467 4 years ago

You could call your distributor and have them find out for you. Either that or wait to see what the initial run looks like before making your purchase.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Based on the playfield issues I'm seeing with pirates (sling posts digging through the clear) I'm starting to get a little leary of my pre-order. What are the odds JJP fixes this before wonka hits the line?

Money says JJP figured out the failed post mold process for some time and this will never happen again. Sometimes you have to make a mistake to create a solution. It happens.

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I've been following the Pirates PF thread as I've been ready to buy one, but held off due to all I'm reading. It sounds like the main issue is the clear on the playfield. Although there's issues with some of the posts people are seeing issues in other areas that relates to the clear finish. Hopefully Wonka playfields will not be a part of this issue. My eyes are shifting back to Wonka as Pirates seems too big of a gamble. I tried emailing JJP a few times asking if the latest Pirates run (now in distribution) has the playfield issue rectified and they've been non-responsive.

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

I've been following the Pirates PF thread as I've been ready to buy one, but held off due to all I'm reading. It sounds like the main issue is the clear on the playfield. Although there's issues with some of the posts people are seeing issues in other areas that relates to the clear finish. Hopefully Wonka playfields will not be a part of this issue. My eyes are shifting back to Wonka as Pirates seems too big of a gamble. I tried emailing JJP a few times asking if the latest Pirates run (now in distribution) has the playfield issue rectified and they've been non-responsive.

I believe thats because the primary issue was a very poorly molded post that was virtually a hole punch. Tightened and hammered with the slings it would cut through anything. A smooth post with washer and the problem fades away in my opinion. Those posts were Crazy sharp.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I believe thats because the primary issue was a very poorly molded post that was virtually a hole punch. Tightened and hammered with the slings it would cut through anything. A smooth post with washer and the problem fades away in my opinion. Those posts were Crazy sharp.

Do you feel the clearcoat finish on the playfield is just fine and not a more concerning long term issue? I could be reading into people's negatively too much and value your opinion. The sling post solution seem like an easy inexpensive fix.

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

Do you feel the clearcoat finish on the playfield is just fine and not a more concerning long term issue? I could be reading into people's negatively too much and value your opinion. The sling post solution seem like an easy inexpensive fix.

When mine showed chipping I said "huh, that sucks" - covered it with star posts and went back to happily playing.
In my view the joy this game brings far, far outstrips this issue.

It's not like the whole playfield is disintegrating. Just these specific stress areas, easily covered.

I saw a Ghostbusters once that looked like someone took sandpaper to the playfield. If this were doing that, yeah I'd freak out. It's not.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

These are just Mirco PF's, IMHO nothing wrong with the clear, just some poorly made posts that "bite" into the PF and were torqued down too hard. Not something that would concern me, but nothing wrong with you being concerned either (to each their own). Hope you can get your answers.

#474 4 years ago

Why would anyone pay to buy a margarin container mod when the game ships with this beatifully detailed factory with smoke stacks?

Strike that.... reverse it!

#475 4 years ago

spoke to my distributor and they said JJP is aware of the posts issue on PotC and have rectified it for products going forward so it won't be a Wonka issue. Also, i'm going to buy that factory mod. beautiful.

#476 4 years ago

Word is the SEs are on the line and production has begun!

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They have about 10 days to deliver, sounds like they are going to meet their promise!

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not sure if the first batch is Homeowners. I think its operators and locations. Please correct me if im wrong.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure if the first batch is Homeowners. I think its operators and locations. Please correct me if im wrong.

Mr KingPinGames said 100 of the first 150 are going to the publics hands. Wonka bars for everyone!

#480 4 years ago

Fantastic news! Jack and Co are certainly heading in the right direction, and a little birdie told me Jack just flew out to Vegas for the licensing expo which should bode well for jjps future in this business.

#481 4 years ago

A little birdie like Jack posting it on his Facebook page?

#482 4 years ago

First run is 150 SE some Europe some domestic.

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Fantastic news! Jack and Co are certainly heading in the right direction, and a little birdie told me Jack just flew out to Vegas for the licensing expo which should bode well for jjps future in this business.

That means another few days before we see the "required traditional cartwheel" for shipping.

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure if the first batch is Homeowners. I think its operators and locations

I don't know. Just hope they remember the tech support guys.

LTG : )

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That means another few days before we see the "required traditional cartwheel" for shipping.

I'm hoping for a double, Jack and Pat.

#486 4 years ago

I was just asked by my distributor to pay the remainder now, with games shipping in 2-4 weeks (but not guaranteed). This is a new policy by JJP to guarantee distributors don't cancel game orders.

curious if anyone else is being asked to pay now upfront before receiving their game?

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was just asked by my distributor to pay the remainder now, with games shipping in 2-4 weeks (but not guaranteed). This is a new policy by JJP to guarantee distributors don't cancel game orders.

That's an awesome sign! I am hoping to receive a similar email from PbS

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

curious if anyone else is being asked to pay now upfront before receiving their game?

You always have to pay for your game in full before you receive it, that isn't new. If your order is probably in queue or being built soon, yes I'd imagine you have to pay for it now.

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You should have been there for the WOZ and Hobbit price structure wherein the game was paid in full a very long (you have no idea) time ahead of time. I won't speak for any distributors whatsoever but for JJP this pricing payment method (in place since DI) is much better so the customers don't have to have money tied up waiting forever for their game (excluding the deposit of course).

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

This is the policy set forth by JJP.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would make final payment when the game is either on the line or is ready to ship....4+ weeks is ridiculous...its a very frustrating process waiting weeks if not months after paying in full for a game...I've seen this movie several times, which is why I'll just wait until distributors have the game in stock ready to ship.

#492 4 years ago

I have killed quite a few fish

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know. Just hope they remember the tech support guys.

and the local test sites

#494 4 years ago

Got an email today from Jen at JJP, said my SE would ship in early July!

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Got an email today from Jen at JJP, said my SE would ship in early July!

Congrats!

I’m stoked JJP hit their mark on shipping. Can’t wait to see what pin is next.

1 week later
#496 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm hoping for a double, Jack and Pat.

We don't want to lose Pat doing a cartwheel. We can pretend he did it.
Now Jack on the other hand, LOL.

#497 4 years ago

Anyone received an SE yet? Wonka code updated yet?

#498 4 years ago

Have you ever wondered what Snozzberries are?

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Have you ever wondered what Snozzberries are?

Actually, a good 16 years BEFORE Wonka, Dahl had already said snozzberries were a sweet, juicy red fruit that grows in orchards in Some Time Never: A Fable for Supermen. In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dalh describes the wallpaper as having pictures of fruit on it. And we've all seen the movie. No penises were among the fruits on the wall. LOL! Dahl may have decided to have some fun with his fans some 15 years AFTER Wonka, but that doesn't mean it was his intent all along.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2017/10/whats-a-snozzberry/

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Actually, a good 16 years BEFORE Wonka, Dahl had already said snozzberries were a sweet, juicy red fruit that grows in orchards in Some Time Never: A Fable for Supermen. In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dalh describes the wallpaper as having pictures of fruit on it. And we've all seen the movie. No penises were among the fruits on the wall. LOL! Dahl may have decided to have some fun with his fans some 15 years AFTER Wonka, but that doesn't mean it was his intent all along.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2017/10/whats-a-snozzberry/

I will always think of snozberries as boogers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
9,600 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/10?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.