IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 278.
#5351 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I think that mod is awesome, however, do you feel it changes the game too much from the original intention?
I dont know.

Personal preference. I have come to enjoy the pop return. An unavoidable SDTM about 10% of the time feels OK to me. It makes me consider the risk of shooting the left orbit, and wanting superlock to be lit when shooting the right orbit. It looks like a totally reversible tweak

#5352 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I agree that the slings are fine from a gameplay perspective. From a mechanical point of vew, they are not very satisfying. Tried adjusting sling power in menu and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the super soft slings. Seems specific to Wonka bc my DI is much more explosive

#5353 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the super soft slings. Seems specific to Wonka bc my DI is much more explosive

Same here.

#5354 3 years ago

Hi guys, first Pinside post, long time reader.

I'm renting a Willy Wonka CE for the next few months (how good is it!) and every other game, the Gobstopper advance multiplier goes into a random triggering frenzy - usually when lock is lit (hole is open). Sometimes vibration makes it happen, either from the shaker motor or flippers/bumpers, other times it'll just do it by itself. Of course the shaker fires when you hit the switch, so it ends up going crazy. When you lock a ball, it stops.
You reckon it's something easily fixed? I'm not much of an engineer...

Cheers in advance!

#5355 3 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Hi guys, first Pinside post, long time reader.
I'm renting a Willy Wonka CE for the next few months (how good is it!) and every other game, the Gobstopper advance multiplier goes into a random triggering frenzy - usually when lock is lit (hole is open). Sometimes vibration makes it happen, either from the shaker motor or flippers/bumpers, other times it'll just do it by itself. Of course the shaker fires when you hit the switch, so it ends up going crazy. When you lock a ball, it stops.
You reckon it's something easily fixed? I'm not much of an engineer...
Cheers in advance!

Not to worry, you've got this!

The Gobstopper machine bash switch is controlled by a microswitch. This switch has a metal arm and a small roller.

Go into switch test while you work on it. You will probably find that initially it is triggering from any small level of vibration. Carefully and in small increments, bend the metal switch arm until it only triggers when the bash target is hit.

You want it to trigger from a light hit but not from any other vibration. Good luck!

#5356 3 years ago

I am thinking about wonka,question,is the wonka ball lock worth it,I am feeling no but have never played le,any thought?

#5357 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am thinking about wonka,question,is the wonka ball lock worth it,I am feeling no but have never played le,any thought?

I owned an SE for a while and upgraded to a CE. I like having it, but the game plays great without it too. It's not much of a compromise.

In our case the SE hooked us badly enough to convince us it was worth buying at the keeper tier.

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I had an LE. Sold and bought an SE. Don't miss the lock at all. SE all day on this one for me. It's prob one of the best values in Pinball.

#5359 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not to worry, you've got this!
The Gobstopper machine bash switch is controlled by a microswitch. This switch has a metal arm and a small roller.
Go into switch test while you work on it. You will probably find that initially it is triggering from any small level of vibration. Carefully and in small increments, bend the metal switch arm until it only triggers when the bash target is hit.
You want it to trigger from a light hit but not from any other vibration. Good luck!

Thanks Zaph, I'll give it a go - other thing I've noticed while investigating is the Gobstopper spin motor is a bit noisy and appears to be grinding/struggling on the low speed. (first lock)
It's just as noisy at faster speeds but that's because it's higher power/spin. Anything that can be done about that? The bottom of the toy is clear, just seems that the motor is a bit grindy... Thanks for your help!

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Thanks Zaph, I'll give it a go - other thing I've noticed while investigating is the Gobstopper spin motor is a bit noisy and appears to be grinding/struggling on the low speed. (first lock)
It's just as noisy at faster speeds but that's because it's higher power/spin. Anything that can be done about that? The bottom of the toy is clear, just seems that the motor is a bit grindy... Thanks for your help!

Mine did that also. I thought it was a bad motor as it also didn't look to be binding. Looks were deceiving though, and adjusting it took care of it and it is completely quiet now. I can't remember exactly what I did on the mechanism, but it was easy and only took a few minutes.

#5361 3 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

If it's the spinner on top, I got nothin' - haven't had that issue.

If it's the rotating disc itself, there is a small gear with 2 set screws that, when loose, cause inconsistent/struggled gobstopper holes.

#5362 3 years ago

New to the Club, Just got a NIB SE. I have a few Issues to ask about and a few gameplay questions.

Issues
1. The eject from the Gobstopper hole to the Shooter lane is very week. It usually has to try 2 -4 times before it comes out, is there a setting or an adjustment I could make?
2. When I 1st power on the Pin I get a buzzing sound coming from the speakers for about 5 seconds or so then I get a Very Loud audio POP, then it boots up fine. Is this standard or do you think this is an issue?

Game Play Questions. I have searched haven't seen the answer to these.
I can't figure out what the Mike Tevee wheels at the top are telling me at 1st these are all still when you get the 1st shot the middle one starts spinning, then after the next shot the 2nd and 3rd one start to spin. Maybe it's meaningless and I need to forget it.
Also, there are 6 sets of 6 rounds lights in the middle area of the board, I know they are trying to convey some important information but I can't seem to figure it out or find any reference to them on any informational post.

#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Bfults:

New to the Club, Just got a NIB SE. I have a few Issues to ask about and a few gameplay questions.
Issues
1. The eject from the Gobstopper hole to the Shooter lane is very week. It usually has to try 2 -4 times before it comes out, is there a setting or an adjustment I could make?
2. When I 1st power on the Pin I get a buzzing sound coming from the speakers for about 5 seconds or so then I get a Very Loud audio POP, then it boots up fine. Is this standard or do you think this is an issue?
Game Play Questions. I have searched haven't seen the answer to these.
I can't figure out what the Mike Tevee wheels at the top are telling me at 1st these are all still when you get the 1st shot the middle one starts spinning, then after the next shot the 2nd and 3rd one start to spin. Maybe it's meaningless and I need to forget it.
Also, there are 6 sets of 6 rounds lights in the middle area of the board, I know they are trying to convey some important information but I can't seem to figure it out or find any reference to them on any informational post.

Regarding #2. I used to own a “Dialed In” that did the same thing. I owned it for over a year and never had any issues, other than the boot up/POP sound being annoying .

#5364 3 years ago
Quoted from Bfults:

Page B-40 in the manual in Settings - Coils - Gobstopper VUK - try making it a little stronger.

LTG : )

#5365 3 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

Mine did that also. I thought it was a bad motor as it also didn't look to be binding. Looks were deceiving though, and adjusting it took care of it and it is completely quiet now. I can't remember exactly what I did on the mechanism, but it was easy and only took a few minutes.

I’m having the same issue with the motor sounding “grindy”. Anyone have a pic of the screw sets that need to be tightened. Posted this same issue about 3 weeks ago. Never heard any feedback. Contacted JJP and they said it’s normal? Just want to make sure the 11k toy is working correctly lol....

#5366 3 years ago

Hey Guys,

Over the weekend I was messing around with Wonka and while the glass was off, noticed that the Gobbstopper mech is making a grinding noise, almost like metal on metal. Almost sounds like its rubbing on something. Im not noticing any issues, just the sound.

When the glass is on, it cant be heard.

Any thoughts on that? Not sure if its an issue or normal. And not sure if it just started happening or if it has been like that since I got it.

Thanks.

#5367 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

I’m having the same issue with the motor sounding “grindy”. Anyone have a pic of the screw sets that need to be tightened. Posted this same issue about 3 weeks ago. Never heard any feedback. Contacted JJP and they said it’s normal? Just want to make sure the 11k toy is working correctly lol....

Mine made noises from day one and eventually stopped working, when I investigated I found the gear was loose and fell down. Set screw indicated by green arrow, there are two.

IMG_0159 (resized).jpegIMG_0159 (resized).jpeg
#5368 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Mine made noises from day one and eventually stopped working, when I investigated I found the gear was loose and fell down. Set screw indicated by green arrow, there are two.
[quoted image]

Thanks. I did take a quick look at that gear and its in place but maybe the screw is loose or something.

What is the best way to get to removing the metal covering the gears? Do I have to take out the entire mech to do it?

#5369 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks. I did take a quick look at that gear and its in place but maybe the screw is loose or something.
What is the best way to get to removing the metal covering the gears? Do I have to take out the entire mech to do it?

Mine was squeaky and grindy initially, and then faily later. So yeah I'd make sure it's good and tight.

Yes you have to remove the mech. Screws.

#5370 3 years ago

Fourth and final part...

#5371 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Mine was squeaky and grindy initially, and then faily later. So yeah I'd make sure it's good and tight.
Yes you have to remove the mech. Screws.

ok thanks.

#5372 3 years ago

Just tonight I noticed that my upper left flipper is a bit "sticky". Sometimes it won't retract all the way, sometimes halfway, sometimes 3/4 of the way and after a period of time it might retract fully. I've only had the game since late March so I wouldn't think I need to rebuild the flipper already? I read some posts about adjusting the "set screw" but as a pinball newbie I'm not entirely sure what that means. Any help is appreciated - thanks!

#5373 3 years ago

I should note that when I have the game off and extend the flipper fully, it will retract all the way. But if I extend it only halfway, it sticks there.

#5374 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

as a pinball newbie I'm not entirely sure what that means. Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Butch explains the basics.

Be sure your return spring is good. ( compare to the other side ) and that you have a tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat ( not back and forth )

#5375 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Butch explains the basics.
Be sure your return spring is good. ( compare to the other side ) and that you have a tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat ( not back and forth )

Thanks so much for that link! It turned out that I just needed to adjust the "crank portion" a tiny bit by loosening that nut and sliding it up the shaft a little bit.
(10:04 in the video for those interested.)

Afterwards, I checked my other flippers and noticed my lower right flipper wasn't as smooth as the left and was able to make a similar adjustment.

Very educational video!

#5376 3 years ago

Getting ready to join this club (hopefully this week) with a NIB Standard. I sold my Metallica that I bought NIB 3+ years ago (which I thought I would never sell) but I am just determined to own my first JJP game and something had to go both space and cash wise, and my other 2 games (Iron Maiden and Deadpool) are too new to think about selling THEM yet.

I already have a question even before the game arrives. I always put mirror blades in my games, and typically buy the ones from Cointaker. I think someone earlier in this thread mentioned that the Bally/Williams remake ones fit this game, but have to be cut slightly to make them fit just right. Can someone elaborate on exactly what needs to be cut? I already ordered the blades so I will have to make it work one way or another...

Very excited to pick up this new game soon! Thanks in advance for all the help I've already received from the posts in this topic.

#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Getting ready to join this club (hopefully this week) with a NIB Standard. I sold my Metallica that I bought NIB 3+ years ago (which I thought I would never sell) but I am just determined to own my first JJP game and something had to go both space and cash wise, and my other 2 games (Iron Maiden and Deadpool) are too new to think about selling THEM yet.
I already have a question even before the game arrives. I always put mirror blades in my games, and typically buy the ones from Cointaker. I think someone earlier in this thread mentioned that the Bally/Williams remake ones fit this game, but have to be cut slightly to make them fit just right. Can someone elaborate on exactly what needs to be cut? I already ordered the blades so I will have to make it work one way or another...
Very excited to pick up this new game soon! Thanks in advance for all the help I've already received from the posts in this topic.

First I want to say congratulations on your new Wonka.I have a SE too and love it.Its needs just a few mods to be better.

#5378 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I bought mirror blades from cointaker, I didn’t have to make any cuts to get them to fit.

#5379 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I bought mirror blades from cointaker, I didn’t have to make any cuts to get them to fit.

Do you remember if they were the Williams/Bally remake variety? That's what I ordered...

#5380 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Do you remember if they were the Williams/Bally remake variety? That's what I ordered...

I think so, but it’s been a while. Ask them and they will steer you to the correct ones.

#5381 3 years ago

So after finally getting to Pure Imagination (and fluffing it badly!) I have got my initials on all the awards except The Most Secret Machine award - which still belongs to Dr Light with 5. Problem is, I don't know what to do do beat this? Is it the number of multiballs started at the Gobstopper?

#5382 3 years ago

Last night I had a really good ball and after the score was tallied the game said CRAZY! Same sound bite as DI. Very lawlor to bring in the same sound bite from one of his other games but now in the modern form

#5383 3 years ago

Anyone up for some IFPA Challenge Matches on Wonka? Would love to play some other owners.

#5384 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

So after finally getting to Pure Imagination (and fluffing it badly!) I have got my initials on all the awards except The Most Secret Machine award - which still belongs to Dr Light with 5. Problem is, I don't know what to do do beat this? Is it the number of multiballs started at the Gobstopper?

Congrats on Pure Imagination! I have "fluffed it badly" twice now myself.

The Most Secret Machine score is the number of balls sunk in the gobstopper hole during that mode.

Cheers!

#5385 3 years ago

My lord. I cant even get two golden tickets, let alone trying to get to Pure Imagination!

#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My lord. I cant even get two golden tickets, let alone trying to get to Pure Imagination!

Full disclosure: With stock settings, I couldn't sniff it either. I made a few settings tweaks that seem to give me [and my poor skills] a reasonable balance between being super challenging but still being possible. I made the changes back in January and since then I've hit Pure Imagination twice and made it to The Most Secret Machine 4 or 5 times. Still rare enough that I get all excited when I get to one of the modes....and usually play it poorly.

#5387 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Some of these cats set difficulty levels on easy so they could see more of the game!

#5388 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Full disclosure: With stock settings, I couldn't sniff it either. I made a few settings tweaks that seem to give me [and my poor skills] a reasonable balance between being super challenging but still being possible. I made the changes back in January and since then I've hit Pure Imagination twice and made it to The Most Secret Machine 4 or 5 times. Still rare enough that I get all excited when I get to one of the modes....and usually play it poorly.

Quoted from romulusx:

Some of these cats set difficulty levels on easy so they could see more of the game!

Ahhh at least that makes me feel better haha. Thanks!

#5389 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Which settings did you adjust?

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Which settings did you adjust?

In general, I lowered the bar for the golden ticket earning events. I forget the exact settings for each that I went with, but I did manually tune each setting rather than use the blanket "easy" or "extra easy" presets. They might be good, but I'm a control freak. It took me awhile to dial-in the settings that work for me. I feel like I finally have it set up so that if I have a really excellent game [for me] that I'm rewareded properly. Any crap games that I throw-in are still punished with a total lack of progress.

Lowered jackpots required to beat each stage of wonkavator MB.
Lowered the number of factory modes required
Made the gobstopper MB easier to get locks....might have also lowered the jackpot requirement there too, I forget.

Having the gobstopper locks easier has also made it more fun for non pinhead visitors since they do occasionally manage to unleash gobstopper multiball which serves to set the hook in them a bit and get them more curious about this game and pinball in general.

#5391 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

What's your record for most secret machine? I'm sitting at 14
It's definitely my favorite mode in the game.

I put the settings on 'easy' from the utilities, then adjusted golden ticket requirements.

15918889237716064268016794082148 (resized).jpg15918889237716064268016794082148 (resized).jpg15918889577015868269318498737664 (resized).jpg15918889577015868269318498737664 (resized).jpg
#5392 3 years ago

Ah...ya got me! 13 is my MSM record...just got it earlier this week. It is also my favorite mode. The light show, the crazy, very frantic....amazing stuff!

#5393 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Ah...ya got me! 13 is my MSM record...just got it earlier this week. It is also my favorite mode. The light show, the crazy, very frantic....amazing stuff!

I seriously think the reason this game is not rated higher is because a lot of the excitement and entertainment comes later in the game. The default settings on this game are crazy difficult for your average player, which means most people will never see the best parts of the game.

#5394 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Ok I had some time today to drop the gobstopper mech out. It appears I have no set screws at all?! I’ll attach pictures. Should there be 2 sets of screws on either side or just 1. It seems to operate ok without it. I’m wondering if it was changed on later builds. Also, this is the only screw I have that came off during gameplay. No idea where it goes.

BB30ACF1-68B2-4FE3-98E6-4106DB8A02A2 (resized).jpegBB30ACF1-68B2-4FE3-98E6-4106DB8A02A2 (resized).jpegDA58DA48-63A4-4DF8-9934-69DBB52C81BB (resized).jpegDA58DA48-63A4-4DF8-9934-69DBB52C81BB (resized).jpegFF3FDE8E-86DF-4AC0-BB0B-E8D42FF2BF4C (resized).jpegFF3FDE8E-86DF-4AC0-BB0B-E8D42FF2BF4C (resized).jpeg
#5395 3 years ago

Must have been late Friday!

#5396 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Ok I had some time today to drop the gobstopper mech out. It appears I have no set screws at all?! I’ll attach pictures. Should there be 2 sets of screws on either side or just 1. It seems to operate ok without it. I’m wondering if it was changed on later builds. Also, this is the only screw I have that came off during gameplay. No idea where it goes.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In the manual it shows there being two set screws. But it could have changed..

#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have the set screws. They are black, hex, and sunken inside the gear.

How do I know this? I thought I had no screws, bought some, then found out they wouldn't go in.

Just get an allen wrench in there and tighten them down.

#5398 3 years ago

Finally joined the club today officially. Love this game even if I don’t begin to understand it yet!

C374C226-7579-4EC7-8A20-F78E5710B77F (resized).jpegC374C226-7579-4EC7-8A20-F78E5710B77F (resized).jpeg
#5399 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Ok, so I took a closer look again at my autoplunge situation. I bent the left fork back to straight, but that doesn't seem to affect my results. I'm not seeing the forks "jumping" or doing anything that catches my eye as strange.
It seems like the first auto plunge after a "rest" goes ok, but then things get progressively weak. To test this, I went to the "diverter test" which would let me serve balls to be auto plunged by hitting start. When I'd try like a series of 4 balls with about 2 or 3 seconds between then, the pattern seems that it winds-up being weaker with each launch...sometimes the 4th ball wouldn't make it out of the shooter lane.
One thing that I notice is that the plastic wrap on my coil is a bit melted/shredded. Any chance it's heating up more than it ought to and somehow getting slightly weaker as it gets warmer (pretty weak theory, I know)? None of my other coils seem to have such an appearance.

I am having this same issue. Did you ever get a final resolution.

#5400 3 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Congrats on Pure Imagination! I have "fluffed it badly" twice now myself.
The Most Secret Machine score is the number of balls sunk in the gobstopper hole during that mode.
Cheers!

Damn - I think I bypassed the Most Secret Machine mode alltogether - I got my 4th and 5th ticket at about the same time as I had stacked Kid and Gobstopper multiballs and completed them right after one another - I then started Pure Imagination while on my last ball and drained so never got to see the Most Secret Machine! My prior best had been 3 gold tickets. I'm bummed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 32.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 91.00
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/108?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.