IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_180544714 (resized).jpg
IMG_5638 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 278.
#5301 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello
Anyone have any idea why I still see the silver part of the monitor. I put in a backglass mod which requires removing the support brackets. However the magnets are so strong you really don’t need the bottom supports
Monitor is even just needs to be lifted about half an inch. I don’t think this monitor has ability to be adjusted vertically.
Also checked to makes sure backglass put back and seated completely.
Thanks

I added backglass LEDs to brighten the artwork. I also tried removing the support brackets under the monitor per install instructions.

Even with the strong magnets on the monitor, the monitor seems to sag just enough to show it's frame slightly angled through the backglass. For most it may not seem noticeable but for me i couldn't not see the imperfection.

I ended up reinstalling the support brackets and modifying the LED mod strips instead. Monitor is back to its upright normal position w/o showing it's frame thru the backglass.

#5302 3 years ago

Gasoline,

Thanks I tried that. I must be doing something wrong. I know the mod isnt doing it. I going to try removing the entire mod. Supports back on and see if that brings me back to normal. Funny your right for most not noticeable for me it drives me crazy.

#5303 3 years ago

So this just happened... on my Wonka LE, in four out of five games, I would get a random end-of-ball shutdown. That is, I would hit a switch -- any switch -- and my ball would end. In the games that this happened, I had just hit a captive ball (x2), then another time it happened after a Gobstopper bash and the last time I had just finished a run of 6 straight ramps and finished in the saucer (where it happened.)

The ball would hit a switch, the flippers would shut off & the bonus would get awarded. The dead ball would drain and then the next ball would show up in the trough as if nothing happened. Let me be clear: This wasn't a TILT function. The ball was playing normally and something was telling the game it had drained. As I type this, I'm wondering if this could be an opto triggering in the trough? I couldn't find anything of note in the switch tests and I couldn't get it to repeat.

A dirty trough opto maybe?

#5304 3 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

So this just happened... on my Wonka LE, in four out of five games, I would get a random end-of-ball shutdown. That is, I would hit a switch -- any switch -- and my ball would end. In the games that this happened, I had just hit a captive ball (x2), then another time it happened after a Gobstopper bash and the last time I had just finished a run of 6 straight ramps and finished in the saucer (where it happened.)
The ball would hit a switch, the flippers would shut off & the bonus would get awarded. The dead ball would drain and then the next ball would show up in the trough as if nothing happened. Let me be clear: This wasn't a TILT function. The ball was playing normally and something was telling the game it had drained. As I type this, I'm wondering if this could be an opto triggering in the trough? I couldn't find anything of note in the switch tests and I couldn't get it to repeat.

Did you go into switch test and see if anything is incorrectly triggering a trough switch?

#5305 3 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

Had the same issue, only got worse. In the end I found the trough test sometimes failed and JJP had to replace my boards.

#5306 3 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on opto switch #006 in the trough staying active sometimes and being inactive other times, pretty sure this is why the game keeps shooting balls into play randomly one after another, any ideas? This is the one that sits a little above the first ball in the trough that has an oval hole instead. I’ve checked the wires and I get the error “all optos active: please check wires and 12V power supply”. Thanks!

#5307 3 years ago

Just posted part two...

#5308 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Did you go into switch test and see if anything is incorrectly triggering a trough switch?

Yes and no. I went into the switch tests and scanned for red boxes. Nothing showed up. Since the error seems to happen randomly (it took three games this morning to show up) I'm not sure if it would show up on a switch test. That said, I'm a little over my head with navigating the massive JJP interface so if there's something specifically I should be looking for please let me know.

I performed a trough test with the glass on, firing all six balls into the playfield over and over with no change in the readouts. Is there a smarter way to perform this test for my needs? Thank you.

#5309 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Had the same issue, only got worse. In the end I found the trough test sometimes failed and JJP had to replace my boards.

I know how to perform the trough test but I'm not sure what it's telling me. Is there a way of doing it that pinpointed the problem for you (or JJP)? And, in the end, did you ever find out what corrupted the boards to make it act like this so it didn't happen again or was it just a case of a couple bum boards. Thank you!

#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

I know how to perform the trough test but I'm not sure what it's telling me. Is there a way of doing it that pinpointed the problem for you (or JJP)? And, in the end, did you ever find out what corrupted the boards to make it act like this so it didn't happen again or was it just a case of a couple bum boards. Thank you!

My trough test never showed any red, but it did finally start showing that slot #6 was completely inactive all the time. So if you drained a ball, it wouldn’t register that it was drained and the game would go on as if nothing happened. Then it would go into ball search mode. Very frustrating.

Thankfully JJP sent out two new trough opto boards and now my game is working 100% again.

Hope you get your situation resolved quickly. Sucks having these amazing machines but they don’t work properly....but that’s pinball!

#5311 3 years ago
Quoted from pinpin8990:

Hope you get your situation resolved quickly. Sucks having these amazing machines but they don’t work properly....but that’s pinball!

Thank you. Yes, that's pinball, indeed. I couldn't be happier with this machine & the experience it delivers -- playing Wonkatania mode with the shaker motor strumming, the lights going nuts and Gene's dialogue creeping incrementally into madness is an example of pinball alchemy that only top-of-their-field creators could implement. I dipped my toe into this hobby 17 years ago but now with code updates, YouTube how-to-videos and most of all, Pinside, I have gone whole hog! Hope all of you are having as much fun as I am with these incredible machines.

#5312 3 years ago
Quoted from pinpin8990:

My trough test never showed any red, but it did finally start showing that slot #6 was completely inactive all the time. So if you drained a ball, it wouldn’t register that it was drained and the game would go on as if nothing happened. Then it would go into ball search mode. Very frustrating.
Thankfully JJP sent out two new trough opto boards and now my game is working 100% again.

Nice avatar haha

#5313 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Nice avatar haha

Great minds think alike!

#5314 3 years ago

Part three...

#5315 3 years ago

Finally figured out how to get more points on Wonka's Office! That is a deceptively difficult wizard mode, but if you take the time to read the on screen instructions it all makes sense.

15910308878868070944841091403547 (resized).jpg15910308878868070944841091403547 (resized).jpg15910309103316175721590069521918 (resized).jpg15910309103316175721590069521918 (resized).jpg
#5316 3 years ago

Excellent, thanks for showing the revised wonkavator.

#5317 3 years ago

Great video. Note: you will probably be fiddling with those thin plastic pieces on the pipe mod for the life of the machine. I love that mod but those were not the best choice... I also ended up leaving all the excess acrylic off and have had no problems. It actually makes that light below a little more prominent which helps.

#5318 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Great video. Note: you will probably be fiddling with those thin plastic pieces on the pipe mod for the life of the machine. I love that mod but those were not the best choice... I also ended up leaving all the excess acrylic off and have had no problems. It actually makes that light below a little more prominent which helps.

Good to know on the acrylic. As for the pipe mod, I haven't had a single issue since I added the tiny bit of super glue. I also lined the plastic tubing with a very thin amount of mounting tape - just enough to keep them snug inside the pipe pieces. Since I've done that, they haven't budged. It's been about 5-6 weeks now with no issues.

#5319 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Good to know on the acrylic. As for the pipe mod, I haven't had a single issue since I added the tiny bit of super glue. I also lined the plastic tubing with a very thin amount of mounting tape - just enough to keep them snug inside the pipe pieces. Since I've done that, they haven't budged. It's been about 5-6 weeks now with no issues.

That's a decent tip on the tape.

#5320 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Finally figured out how to get more points on Wonka's Office! That is a deceptively difficult wizard mode, but if you take the time to read the on screen instructions it all makes sense.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not being a jerk I hope, but how did you get to Wonka’s Office, get almost 900k points and have a total score so low? I have only been to that mode twice and gotten about 190k points at best. Final scores 6.6 and 8.1 million.
Maybe I am getting the points from the multi balls and you didn’t? The one I can’t get many points out of is Oompa Loompa for some reason...
I think the code is genius.
Wonder who the first Pure Imagination champ in the world will be? Surely no one has done it yet?!

#5321 3 years ago

Does anyone else think the slingshots on Wonka feel a little "spongy"? I feel like I read somewhere that they were turned down intentionally, but I can't find the link anywhere. I know the TZ sitting next to it has slings that snap pretty hard (granted, its a Superpin, and there's more room for the ball to move), whereas when they hit in Wonka it feels a little more floaty. If it's intended for the gameplay, then it is what it is.

#5322 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Not being a jerk I hope, but how did you get to Wonka’s Office, get almost 900k points and have a total score so low? I have only been to that mode twice and gotten about 190k points at best. Final scores 6.6 and 8.1 million.
Maybe I am getting the points from the multi balls and you didn’t? The one I can’t get many points out of is Oompa Loompa for some reason...
I think the code is genius.
Wonder who the first Pure Imagination champ in the world will be? Surely no one has done it yet?!

I dialed down the difficulty settings from medium to easy. That basically lowers the requirements to get golden tickets. Fewer requirements means fewer points.

Lowering the difficulty doesn't affect the difficulty of the wizard modes though so I'm still happy about my Wonka's Office score. The key was finishing at the Kid Multi-ball target for a 3x jackpot.

I've still only been to pure imagination once and I immediately fudged it and drained. I don't think I would ever get to it with the default normal difficulty settings, but it's my machine and my rules . I find the most secret machine to be my favorite wizard mode anyway.

Oompa Loompa Odyssey is hard for sure, but if you just focus on one ball and go for the hard shots first you can collect the super jackpot for some big payout. Keep in mind you can only collect one jackpot per shot until you get the super (for example: shooting the gobstopper ramp multiple times only gives you the jackpot on the first shot until you complete all shots).

These rules are indeed deep and satisfying.

#5323 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Does anyone else think the slingshots on Wonka feel a little "spongy"? I feel like I read somewhere that they were turned down intentionally, but I can't find the link anywhere. I know the TZ sitting next to it has slings that snap pretty hard (granted, its a Superpin, and there's more room for the ball to move), whereas when they hit in Wonka it feels a little more floaty. If it's intended for the gameplay, then it is what it is.

I thought it was due to the white rubbers used.

#5324 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I dialed down the difficulty settings from medium to easy. That basically lowers the requirements to get golden tickets. Fewer requirements means fewer points.
Lowering the difficulty doesn't affect the difficulty of the wizard modes though so I'm still happy about my Wonka's Office score. The key was finishing at the Kid Multi-ball target for a 3x jackpot.
I've still only been to pure imagination once and I immediately fudged it and drained. I don't think I would ever get to it with the default normal difficulty settings, but it's my machine and my rules . I find the most secret machine to be my favorite wizard mode anyway.
Oompa Loompa Odyssey is hard for sure, but if you just focus on one ball and go for the hard shots first you can collect the super jackpot for some big payout. Keep in mind you can only collect one jackpot per shot until you get the super (for example: shooting the gobstopper ramp multiple times only gives you the jackpot on the first shot until you complete all shots).
These rules are indeed deep and satisfying.

How does one get to the Most Secret Machine wizard mode?

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

How does one get to the Most Secret Machine wizard mode?

Collect 4 golden tickets then shoot the gobstopper.

#5326 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Collect 4 golden tickets then shoot the gobstopper.

Do you need all 4, or do you get it just for collecting the 5 gob ticket?

#5327 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah, thanks. I have only achieved three golden tickets (on easy). Is there a 3rd golden ticket wizard mode?

#5328 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You need any four golden tickets.

#5329 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

You need any four golden tickets.

Well shit I'll never see that.

#5330 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well shit I'll never see that.

Exactly why I lowered the difficult lol.

#5331 3 years ago

In for a WWLE and the place I normally by my JJPs have them in stock with production dates around June/July 2019. Now I know there can be issues with the clear. But seeing it had the time to cure for a year I’m not so concerned about it. are there any other things that are different with models build after October 2019 ?

#5332 3 years ago

They may have added some clear plastics on factory ramp to keep ball on factory ramp.And I think they changed the Oompa Loompa tv guy to a different material

#5333 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Ah, thanks. I have only achieved three golden tickets (on easy). Is there a 3rd golden ticket wizard mode?

No, you get Wonka's Stash. +50 Candy Jar and +100 Wonka Bars. I've only gotten to Most Secret Machine with the difficulty turned down. It is my favorite mode by far. I wish there was a way to just start the game in that mode and each player just tries to get the highest score on a single ball. The way ball-save is incorporated into that mode works perfectly for this kind of heads up play. Now that I've turned my difficulty back to normal, I never get to see it.

#5334 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

In for a WWLE and the place I normally by my JJPs have them in stock with production dates around June/July 2019. Now I know there can be issues with the clear. But seeing it had the time to cure for a year I’m not so concerned about it. are there any other things that are different with models build after October 2019 ?

I wouldn't worry about it. Worst that will happen is you will have some minor pooling at the sling posts. Remove the post, iron the pooling down and add a neoprene washer under the post. You’ll never have an issue again.

#5335 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I thought it was due to the white rubbers used.

No it's not. I have silicone rubbers on them, the same as on my TZ. The difference is huge on the power of the slings. Wonka's feel sort of lackluster.

#5336 3 years ago

I have played a craptonne (metric) of this game recently. i feel like the slings are the right power. they are a little soft. if they were rocketing the ball around i think it would be a total drainfest. We all know how tough the left outlane is. imagine if you didn't have any time to nudge as it was going 1000 mph over there!
Got my grand champ score today. Love the game. Third time to Wonka's Office. Still not sure if I should be just alternating left and right ramps during this mode?!
Signed,
Previous JJP skeptic.

#5337 3 years ago

Hi All
Couple of things with my Wonka CE-

First- the left loop
When coming out of the pop bumpers the ball rattles around, hits the metal Gobstopper shield on right, bounces over to the left ball guide and that puts it on a direct SDTM trajectory nothing I can do.. really taking the fun out of the game.
Anyone else had this..

2nd - left speaker- sometimes OK, then goes “Tinney” and grainy.
I have heard of this problem before, I’ve taken a look inside the backbox, To try and trace the wires - do I need to take the metal shield off the top part, as that’s where the go..

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

#5338 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
First- the left loop
When coming out of the pop bumpers the ball rattles around, hits the metal Gobstopper shield on right, bounces over to the left ball guide and that puts it on a direct SDTM trajectory nothing I can do.. really taking the fun out of the game.
Anyone else had this..
I have heard of this problem before, I’ve taken a look inside the backbox, To try and trace the wires - do I need to take the metal shield off the top part, as that’s where the go..
Thanks

I had an issue with one of my speakers and had to get a replacement. Unscrew/unbolt the wood piece that holds the grills. Its run across the front. From there, you can get to the speakers. Just be carefull not to let that wood piece fall as the speakers are attached to it. You will need to prop up that piece to disconnect the speakers then you can remove.

Its easy, you will see.

#5339 3 years ago

Well, I made it to Pure Imagination today. Didn’t nerf the game completely, but I did make it easier. Even with the easier settings, it was still a bitch to get to!

Won’t spoil it for anyone, but I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed. Much like Showdown on Dialed In. In the game’s defense, I did totally crap out during the mode. Couldn’t keep the balls alive long enough to do any real damage score wise. But no ball save (at all) is a real kick in the shin.

Going to ramp the difficulty up a little more and try to get it again tomorrow.

This game is just amazing to play!

#5340 3 years ago

What a day. First I get to Pure Imagination for the first time, then while watching my son play tonight I notice my trough start to act up again. Already replaced both opto boards once, and now I’m seeing random balls ejecting for no reason. Didn’t happen much, but for what I paid for this machine, I don’t want it to happen once!

How many of you have had to replace the boards multiple times? Someone please assure me that this will end at some point! Please?!

#5341 3 years ago

Knock on wood, I’ve had no issues with mine.

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I have played a craptonne (metric) of this game recently. i feel like the slings are the right power. they are a little soft. if they were rocketing the ball around i think it would be a total drainfest. We all know how tough the left outlane is. imagine if you didn't have any time to nudge as it was going 1000 mph over there!
Got my grand champ score today. Love the game. Third time to Wonka's Office. Still not sure if I should be just alternating left and right ramps during this mode?!
Signed,
Previous JJP skeptic.

I agree that the slings are fine from a gameplay perspective. From a mechanical point of vew, they are not very satisfying. Tried adjusting sling power in menu and it didn't seem to make a difference.

#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
First- the left loop
Anyone else had this..
Thanks

Pops down the middle is one of the main drains of the game as designed. On other games, the pops are a relaxing time to take a sip of beer. On this baby, the pops are a time to check your stance and tighten up your core in prep for a meganudge. There was a post awhile back of installing an extra post so the left flipper is always fed from the pops. It sounds like you might like that tweak.

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

There was a post awhile back of installing an extra post so the left flipper is always fed from the pops. It sounds like you might like that tweak.

That's an interesting idea. But does it involve drilling?

#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

That's an interesting idea. But does it involve drilling?

No. There is a nylon plug in front of the existing post. Remove the plug and move the existing post up to it.

LTG : )

#5346 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. There is a nylon plug in front of the existing post. Remove the plug and move the existing post up to it.
LTG : )

Oh, I had the impression that someone installed a post around the pop bumpers.

#5347 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

They did!! Try here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/56#post-5246701

I do get the odd sdtm from the pop bumpers, but it doesn't seem >too< extreme for me. Wait until I am one jackpot away from ticket 5 and that happens, I will be singing a different song then...

#5348 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I think LTG was mistaken and talking about the post by the left drain.

#5349 3 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

They did!! Try here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/56#post-5246701
I do get the odd sdtm from the pop bumpers, but it doesn't seem >too< extreme for me. Wait until I am one jackpot away from ticket 5 and that happens, I will be singing a different song then...

Awesome! Thanks for linking that.

#5350 3 years ago

I think that mod is awesome, however, do you feel it changes the game too much from the original intention?

I dont know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 13,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/107?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.