IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 279.
#5251 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

After a ton of research and helpful input from this community, I am buying DILE without having played it to pair with Wonka. Very excited.

That is much less crazy than me and probably many others throwing down on Wonka right after announcement without playing one. I was set on getting a DILE (and still want one), but switched purely based on theme. DI is a really great game, which will complement your Wonka. Congrats!

#5252 3 years ago

Now it feels like the world of wonka. Added grass trim and some candy. Really happy with the way it turned out

0F35A747-AEA2-4B9F-86E1-E9012A35D1E5 (resized).jpeg0F35A747-AEA2-4B9F-86E1-E9012A35D1E5 (resized).jpeg16B1721F-D7B2-43FF-A71D-3B3EEDA54C91 (resized).jpeg16B1721F-D7B2-43FF-A71D-3B3EEDA54C91 (resized).jpeg2D030AC6-ED15-4341-9552-984BF306CB6E (resized).jpeg2D030AC6-ED15-4341-9552-984BF306CB6E (resized).jpeg3B876CE2-5E42-4F6E-ABC8-5D894D34DB9B (resized).jpeg3B876CE2-5E42-4F6E-ABC8-5D894D34DB9B (resized).jpeg9F5675C1-0EA5-44AA-96CD-9C7CF7C0344E (resized).jpeg9F5675C1-0EA5-44AA-96CD-9C7CF7C0344E (resized).jpeg
#5253 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Now it feels like the world of wonka. Added grass trim and some candy. Really happy with the way it turned out
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it. Thanks for posting pics.

#5254 3 years ago

Standard representing

20200514_155659 (resized).jpg20200514_155659 (resized).jpg20200515_132311 (resized).jpg20200515_132311 (resized).jpg20200514_155704 (resized).jpg20200514_155704 (resized).jpg20200515_132305 (resized).jpg20200515_132305 (resized).jpg

20200513_165227 (resized).jpg20200513_165227 (resized).jpg
#5255 3 years ago
Quoted from inverted1:

That is much less crazy than me and probably many others throwing down on Wonka right after announcement without playing one. I was set on getting a DILE (and still want one), but switched purely based on theme. DI is a really great game, which will complement your Wonka. Congrats!

Thanks. Crossing fingers.

#5256 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Standard representing
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sweeeeeeeet!make sure you add a shaker motor

#5257 3 years ago

Got around to printing some apron cards. My wife likes the ticket, but I'm sticking with the Wonkatania for now.

20200516_172950 (resized).jpg20200516_172950 (resized).jpg20200516_173356 (resized).jpg20200516_173356 (resized).jpg20200516_173110 (resized).jpg20200516_173110 (resized).jpg
#5258 3 years ago

This is part one of a four part series I did, coming from my perspective as a first time pin owner.

Thanks for watching!

#5259 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

This is part one of a four part series I did, coming from my perspective as a first time pin owner.
Thanks for watching!

Wow! That's a very high quality, detailed, and great video.

#5260 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow! That's a very high quality, detailed, and great video.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Hoping to release part two next week.

#5261 3 years ago

Having had to do the power reset on the CPU, I found this video helpful. It seems like on all JJP machines, you can use a paper clip on the exact same harness between a green and black wire, instead of poking around on the pins on the motherboard which vary depending on what motherboard was installed in your machine.

#5262 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Having had to do the power reset on the CPU, I found this video helpful. It seems like on all JJP machines, you can use a paper clip on the exact same harness between a green and black wire, instead of poking around on the pins on the motherboard which vary depending on what motherboard was installed in your machine.

Great video... gonna miss butch...

#5263 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Curious.. why would you need to do this?

#5264 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Curious.. why would you need to do this?

Watch the video.. he explains y it can happen.

#5265 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Watch the video.. he explains y it can happen.

I did watch it but didnt hear why this would happen in the first place.

#5266 3 years ago

If you shut the game down or lose power to it before it finishes its' boot up, it can necessitate the power reset procedure. Never turn the game off during its' boot up

#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

If you shut the game down or lose power to it before it finishes its' boot up, it can necessitate the power reset procedure. Never turn the game off during its' boot up

ahhh gotcha. Thanks!

#5268 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I did watch it but didnt hear why this would happen in the first place.

Also if you have a 3-year-old who likes to turn off the game but can't press the power button quite hard enough. I've had this issue only twice, and it was when my daughter was turning it off.

#5269 3 years ago

I use one of these when working on golden tee nighthawk computers. Same thing you can jump it with a screwdriver or get one of these and the harness for it is below. Just plug it into the pins on the motherboard and now you have a power switch.

https://www.frozencpu.com/products/11253/ele-754/Green_Illuminated_Vandal_Resistant_Momentary_Switch_-_22mm_-_Black_Housing_-_Ring_Illumination.html?id=JPqHbCJ9&mv_pc=145

#5270 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Yep, I discovered this myself about a month ago. Luckily, I knew what the issue was from working on a bunch of Megatouches in the past.

#5271 3 years ago

Am I the only one that wants to knee cap Kaneda everytime he talks shit about Wonka?

#5272 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Am I the only one that wants to knee cap Kaneda everytime he talks shit about Wonka?

so dam annoying about everything.. not just wonka
..so much so I had to change my settings on fb so I don't c his crap anymore . For someone who doesn't even have a pin and seems to rarely play..sure has a lot of crap to say. Very annoying to say the least ...plus he's never ever wrong and has a awnser for everything lol. Can't believe so many people follow and believe his nonsense about pins and can't make their own opinions.

#5273 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Who cares what he says? Don't follow his podcasts and he disappears. He's an idiot.

#5274 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'll be honest with you.... it sounds stupid, but seeing it executed it looks very good!

#5275 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Who cares what he says? Don't follow his podcasts and he disappears. He's an idiot.

I know,your right but I do listen sometimes and it just pisses me off.Every since he was so let down by it not being the story under glass he thought it would be he’s been trashing it every time he gets a chance.I bet a lot of folks discounted it because of his stupid opinion!Alright I’m cool now

#5276 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Yep, I discovered this myself about a month ago. Luckily, I knew what the issue was from working on a bunch of Megatouches in the past.

I have my two stern machines on smart plugs. The games switch is always on and I just remotely turn the smart switch on when I want to play and they are all booted up when I get downstairs.

Would this be bad to do with a JJP game? Im planning on getting a wonka. thanks

#5277 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have my two stern machines on smart plugs. The games switch is always on and I just remotely turn the smart switch on when I want to play and they are all booted up when I get downstairs.
Would this be bad to do with a JJP game? Im planning on getting a wonka. thanks

It’s fine as long as you allow the game too boot up properly.

#5278 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s fine as long as you allow the game too boot up properly.

Thanks, I really like using the smart switches so that makes me happy.

#5279 3 years ago

I like listening to Kaneda. It doesn't bother me when he says something I don't agree with. I think it's funny he let the lack of music ruin the game for him. Sure it could be better but I love the game and smile every time he talks trash about it.

#5280 3 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

I like listening to Kaneda. It doesn't bother me when he says something I don't agree with. I think it's funny he let the lack of music ruin the game for him. Sure it could be better but I love the game and smile every time he talks trash about it.

I hear what your saying but this game should be more widely played and praised the way Sterns JP is

#5281 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hear what your saying but this game should be more widely played and praised the way Sterns JP is

agreed, i also own both

#5282 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There was a brigade of bullshit against the game after it started shipping for trivial issues made out to be dealbreakers.

#5283 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There was a brigade of bullshit against the game after it started shipping for trivial issues made out to be dealbreakers.

Kinda similar to Pirates....

Ultimately, when reading over this site, and facebook threads, and other places, Stern seems to capture sole market share for some people. Some people never seem to consider alternatives.

Ultimately the game needs to stand on it's own, merits or lack thereof, and while I don't feel his vibe was helpful, positive or well informed, people still need to decide on their own, and an often anti-JJP bias is preexisting in people.

#5284 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Kinda similar to Pirates....
Ultimately, when reading over this site, and facebook threads, and other places, Stern seems to capture sole market share for some people. Some people never seem to consider alternatives.
Ultimately the game needs to stand on it's own, merits or lack thereof, and while I don't feel his vibe was helpful, positive or well informed, people still need to decide on their own, and an often anti-JJP bias is preexisting in people.

Agreed. In a league or repeat weekly tournaments, I get several people cringing when a JJP pin is played. I always select one (if I can) just to get them in that mindset, and most of the time I can do well against them. The "tournament type" players like Sterns better in general as they know the quick secret shots for big points. That doesn't bother me as it is their shooting skills. I like the strategy kind of pins.

#5285 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Agreed. In a league or repeat weekly tournaments, I get several people cringing when a JJP pin is played. I always select one (if I can) just to get them in that mindset, and most of the time I can do well against them. The "tournament type" players like Sterns better in general as they know the quick secret shots for big points. That doesn't bother me as it is their shooting skills. I like the strategy kind of pins.

Which makes no sense to me. I've played tons and tons of pins, owned all sorts of manufacturers, and dammit is jjp awesome. Is it simply because they're not as common, thus nobody knows about them, and so they "dont like them" due to ignorance? There are some stern I'm dying to buy right now, but jjps, to me, are just clearly superior.

#5286 3 years ago

I love having Wonka in my collection and I play the hell out of it. Just adding my voice to the pile.

#5287 3 years ago

Hi All
I have been playing a lot of Wonka standard lately as I borrowed one. I really like the game, a lot. Shoots well and there is some genius in the rules. Seems like every game is different as the machine sends you in different directions and you have to adapt.
I asked earlier about any issues with the Wonkavator mech on the LE as this is not present on the Std. Seems to be no mechanical issues that anyone reported.

I am now wondering if the LE plays "better" than the standard due to the Wonkavator mech, or any other differences. Never played (or even seen!) an LE so i don't know if all the feeds are the same, etc. Very tempted to find me a late manufacture LE (to avoid any clearcoat issues allegedly with the early ones). Just want to know if there are any gameplay differences and whether they might even make it better!
stay safe!

#5288 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Hi All
I have been playing a lot of Wonka standard lately as I borrowed one. I really like the game, a lot. Shoots well and there is some genius in the rules. Seems like every game is different as the machine sends you in different directions and you have to adapt.
I asked earlier about any issues with the Wonkavator mech on the LE as this is not present on the Std. Seems to be no mechanical issues that anyone reported.
I am now wondering if the LE plays "better" than the standard due to the Wonkavator mech, or any other differences. Never played (or even seen!) an LE so i don't know if all the feeds are the same, etc. Very tempted to find me a late manufacture LE (to avoid any clearcoat issues allegedly with the early ones). Just want to know if there are any gameplay differences and whether they might even make it better!
stay safe!

Posted this a while back
Remember wonka is a tough pin and the pop bumpers are very dangerous. On the le the ball goes into them much less and you also get alot more chances for the skill shot / award scoop on the le when the Wonkavator catches a ball. That's just one thing the le has over the standard...the array of extra game controlled rgb flashers and lights are a great addition along with the extra spot light in that area. Add in the gorgeous art and powder coated armor and wireforms package with the invisaglass and shaker and it's one of the most beautiful pins I've owned. The headphone and external volume control is a nice touch too. The standard is a great value but if u think wonka may be a keeper (most have that bought one) I'd go for the full amazing package bc jts a really great one.

#5290 3 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

I am now wondering if the LE plays "better" than the standard due to the Wonkavator mech

Probably biased because own LE and haven’t played a standard, but the locking mechanism is more than just gameplay. My kids always choose The governor on POTC so they can’t have anything plundered from them. And for similar reasons, they love it when there are one or two balls locked on the wonkavator so they can steal the multiball on their turn. I swear, it’s like the reason they play sometimes!

#5291 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Probably biased because own LE and haven’t played a standard, but the locking mechanism is more than just gameplay. My kids always choose The governor on POTC so they can’t have anything plundered from them. And for similar reasons, they love it when there are one or two balls locked on the wonkavator so they can steal the multiball on their turn. I swear, it’s like the reason they play sometimes!

You are not alone. My kids love stealing the Wonkavator multi ball.

#5292 3 years ago

Hey everyone, new member of the club here. Picked up a really nice LE about half a week ago, and unfortunately the trough optos are faulty. JJP is sending me new ones, which is awesome. Just wondering how many of you had an issue with yours and after replacing them had zero issues afterward. I know some people were able to reflow the solder, but I’m past that now as I’ve tried it and ball #6 still isn’t registering at all in the trough.

Up until the optos started acting up I was able to get some great games in. Can’t wait to get her up and running 100% again!

#5293 3 years ago

So, I'm staring in awe at the awesome attract mode light show on my Wonka, and noticed that something just didn't seem right with the WONKA smokestack. I went into test mode, and found out the red LED for the N in Wonka does not light.

Are there any troubleshooting tips for this, or is it just a bad board?

#5294 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

So, I'm staring in awe at the awesome attract mode light show on my Wonka, and noticed that something just didn't seem right with the WONKA smokestack. I went into test mode, and found out the red LED for the N in Wonka does not light.

Sounds like a bad board, it happened to a friend of mine also.

I had an LED go out on the GUM targets, only the red color.

#5295 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Had the same issue, months after installing new boards no issues to report. Awesome, pin congrats.

#5296 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sounds like a bad board, it happened to a friend of mine also.

OK - I will open a ticket with JJP and get that board replaced. Thanks!

#5297 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

is just replacing the LED really difficult or impossible?

#5298 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I'm guessing they are smd? Probably still replaceable for people with moderate soldering experience.

#5299 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

To me it looked like surface mount. I was under warranty and replaced the entire board.

#5300 3 years ago

Hello

Anyone have any idea why I still see the silver part of the monitor. I put in a backglass mod which requires removing the support brackets. However the magnets are so strong you really don’t need the bottom supports

Monitor is even just needs to be lifted about half an inch. I don’t think this monitor has ability to be adjusted vertically.

Also checked to makes sure backglass put back and seated completely.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
There are 13,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/106?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.