IMG_2445 (resized).jpeg
wonka (resized).jpg
ca1d7f7e-8a2b-4029-af32-f724544015c9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5842.jpeg
IMG_5849.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 280.
#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s the problem with these two pins,you don’t want to play anything else!

Haha I bet. I'm now contemplating ordering a Wonka LE (reason I'm posting here!) to go along side a WOZ, Hobbit, and Dialed In (recently sold Pirates). I showed my wife pictures of JP, Elvira, and Wonka earlier to ask which one she thought looked like the most fun...yup she said Wonka.

I've been trying to get a gauge of Wonkas depth. It seems pretty deep based on the JJP rulesheet and videos I've seen. Do any owners feel it's as deep as some of JJP's other titles?

#5202 3 years ago

I have been soooooo pleasantly surprised by this game. I was all ready to get a JP Premium but my daughter was lobbying for Wonka. Glad I did. Once I figured out the rules, the game quickly jumped to my favorite. I’ve been playing it nonstop and the rules really make you continually adjust your strategies as the game progresses.

#5203 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep at this point I sld just sell everything else which I may actually do .. cld be.a nice down payment on land or new house..

And a down payment on Toy Story!

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Haha I bet. I'm now contemplating ordering a Wonka LE (reason I'm posting here!) to go along side a WOZ, Hobbit, and Dialed In (recently sold Pirates). I showed my wife pictures of JP, Elvira, and Wonka earlier to ask which one she thought looked like the most fun...yup she said Wonka.
I've been trying to get a gauge of Wonkas depth. It seems pretty deep based on the JJP rulesheet and videos I've seen. Do any owners feel it's as deep as some of JJP's other titles?

Depth ... hmmm ... my opinion is its not as deep with as many levels in wizards as Hobbit. The first two tickets are obtainable for a lot of people, other tickets are harder to get, so kind of like the DI phone modes, but DI phone modes aren't multiballs. A handful of non- ticket related modes are easier to get than modes in Pirates (if you don't count the chapters as modes in Pirates). WOZ depth is probably similar, but not as hard to achieve.

Just my opinion on "depth" comparison.

#5205 3 years ago

Wonka is plenty deep and the game can be a butt kicker. I guess u cld say its similar to di but its probably even deeper due to needing to earn the golden tickets to get to the mini wizard
Modes which is difficult . I've had up to 3 tickets but it don't happen much lol. Most games are pretty short but 2 out of 10 I'll have some good things going. Amazing pin which plays so awesome .

#5206 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

And a down payment on Toy Story!

Yes for sure

#5207 3 years ago

I have trouble not dancing around while in Oompa Loompa Odyssey.

#5208 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

I have trouble not dancing around while in Oompa Loompa Odyssey.

Lol, same. when I play with my daughter she wants me to do that all the time so she can see me dance on the screen.

#5209 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Lol, same. when I play with my daughter she wants me to do that all the time so she can see me dance on the screen.

This is one hell of a challenging mode.Its not hard to reach it but it’s hard to complete it.I’m on all factory difficulty settings

#5210 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't recommend this enough. Without a sub, the sound is so thin. Prob the worst I've heard of all jjp when not using a sub. In general though there sound isn't as full as the others.
Polk 10 are on all my machines. Big upgrade. Forget updating internal sub or speakers - external I find is the best bang for your buck.
I also recommend tweaking the tv. Colors were washed out beforehand.

100% agree about WW+Polk. The sound was tinny and weak before I added the sub, which led me to add them to add of my pins.

#5211 3 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

100% agree about WW+Polk. The sound was tinny and weak before I added the sub, which led me to add them to add of my pins.

Is there a subwoofer hookup anywhere or are people wiring these subs to the cabinet speaker?

#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is there a subwoofer hookup anywhere or are people wiring these subs to the cabinet speaker?

Pinnovators has a good solution that isolates the ground. Some people have had a problem with just connecting right to the speaker without isolating it. You may not have that problem, just a heads up for it.

#5213 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pinnovators has a good solution that isolates the ground. Some people have had a problem with just connecting right to the speaker without isolating it. You may not have that problem, just a heads up for it.

Yeah, I had issues with the ground when I had connected Elvira and wonka to the same sub. I switched to the pinnovators setup and it works great and sounds awesome.

#5214 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Always alligator to the internal sub and never had an issue. Sounds great. I use one sub per game

#5215 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Always alligator to the internal sub and never had an issue. Sounds great. I use one sub per game

I do that on my other games and have never had a problem as well. But ive never hooked one up to a JJP, so wasnt sure if it had something special for the sub.

Thanks.

#5216 3 years ago

I didn’t really realize how not good the sound was until I got my MMRRe last week. I have wonka set at like 22 and the MMRm was set at the factory default. It blew wonka away that I had to turn it up when both pins where going. Definitely going to add a sub in the future. It was so substantial that my 4 year old was playing wonka and told me to turn down mm while I was playing next to it. Haha

#5217 3 years ago

Interesting. I've never once thought the sound quality was bad on my Wonka. It doesn't sound tinny or lowfi at all to me. With all of the recent chatter here about adding an external sub, I had to fire up my LE and take a second listen, but my opinion still hasn't changed. Early on, before I owned my machine, I looked into possibly trying the Pinwoofer setup, but for $200+, I couldn't justify it, especially since it would be nothing more than an experiment to see if it really made much difference. Personally, I think the game sounds fantastic, very rich, crisp and full. Wonka is also a game (and theme) that I would never expect to pump out deeper bass tones. I mean, watch the movie and listen to the score/soundtrack -- it's mostly on the high end. I could be in the minority here, but to me the game sounds great.

#5218 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Interesting. I've never once thought the sound quality was bad on my Wonka. It doesn't sound tinny or lowfi at all to me. With all of the recent chatter here about adding an external sub, I had to fire up my LE and take a second listen, but my opinion still hasn't changed. Early on, before I owned my machine, I looked into possibly trying the Pinwoofer setup, but for $200+, I couldn't justify it, especially since it would be nothing more than an experiment to see if it really made much difference. Personally, I think the game sounds fantastic, very rich, crisp and full. Wonka is also a game (and theme) that I would never expect to pump out deeper bass tones. I mean, watch the movie and listen to the score/soundtrack -- it's mostly on the high end. I could be in the minority here, but to me the game sounds great.

Couldn’t agree more. Have the CE. Fan of the movie and game. No noticeable sound issues for me. However, I am tempted to try a sub just to hear the change!

#5219 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

Agreed also.. jjp pins all sound great and have the best stock sound out of all manufacturers from my experience.

#5220 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed also.. jjp pins all sound great and have the best stock sound out of all manufacturers from my experience.

I agree. The hobbit and pirates both had great sound when I owned them. Dialed in sounds great. That’s why it is obvious to me that something is off with Wonka. It doesn’t sound like the other JJP games.

Maybe it’s just my game in particular.

#5221 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I agree. The hobbit and pirates both had great sound when I owned them. Dialed in sounds great. That’s why it is obvious to me that something is off with Wonka. It doesn’t sound like the other JJP games.

Not just your game.
Maybe Llyod or someone from JJP can explain more?

#5222 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

How does it sound on headphones? That might determine if you've got a cruddy noise filter or something.

#5223 3 years ago
Quoted from jimbodeanny:

forget pinwoofer - not needed. Grab alligator clips for cheap and you're set. External sub is nice. It's a why not really.

#5224 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I'm not sure but I'm happy with my wonka sound and notice no reall difference from dile and potcle next to it

#5225 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm not sure but I'm happy with my wonka sound and notice no reall difference from dile and potcle next to it

I did notice a difference right away, my DILE doesn’t have a sub.It’s the only pin I have that doesn’t because it’s good out of box

#5226 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I did notice a difference right away, my DILE doesn’t have a sub.It’s the only pin I have that doesn’t because it’s good out of box

Wonder if there are board differences or something different with the speakers on some of the wonka pins?

#5227 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How does it sound on headphones? That might determine if you've got a cruddy noise filter or something.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Wonder if there are board differences or something different with the speakers on some of the wonka pins?

Agreed. I did a direct capture from the headphone jack while recording a video and it sounds amazing. Maybe some folks got bad lemons?

#5228 3 years ago

Mine was and is bad from the get go for sound, while installing together with my distributor I asked if something was wrong, so tinny. Would be updated on code but thats 9 months ago now .

With headphones its awesome

#5229 3 years ago

If the sound is great on headphones, I would suggest two things:

1. Unplugging the headphone harness - if it improves, there is a wire you can remove to permanently fix this while retaining the volume functionality (see POTC threads)
2. Replace the noise filter. I think some of them are just not very good quality. I had this on a POTC machine and bought a new one from JJP. If I were to do it again, I'd probably just find a high quality one on Amazon.

#5230 3 years ago

Hi guys, just received nib LE 772. Born on date is October. Having an issue with the gobstopper mech. It works about 75% of the time. Motor seems to sound really tight or grindy when it initially boots up. Main issue is the ball will just sit in the open gobble hole until ball search activates. Then it clears and everything is fine. Vuk is firing fine and I made the adjustment to gobstopper release to 22. Seemed to work great for about 20 games, now it’s acting up again. Everything rotates fine in test mode and it currently showing no errors. Pitch is 6.6 and left to right is dialed in. Any advice? It just sounds kinda noisy in test mode....like it needs grease or something which I know can’t be right

#5231 3 years ago

do you know where the ball is getting stuck? i had an issue where mine was getting stuck on the right side where it kicks out. the coil sleeve was about a half mm too high and was causing the ball to hang up. I filed it down and it's been good since.

#5232 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If the sound is great on headphones, I would suggest two things:
1. Unplugging the headphone harness - if it improves, there is a wire you can remove to permanently fix this while retaining the volume functionality (see POTC threads)
2. Replace the noise filter. I think some of them are just not very good quality. I had this on a POTC machine and bought a new one from JJP. If I were to do it again, I'd probably just find a high quality one on Amazon.

I replaced my noise filter and it didnt do anything.

Also, why would the headphone harness have to do with the speaker sound?

#5233 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

And now im curious about that headphone harness. Someone told me that mine is installed backwards as only 1 ear gets sounds with headphones. Could maybe cause an issue with speakers somehow?

#5234 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/51#post-5451907

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

do you know where the ball is getting stuck? i had an issue where mine was getting stuck on the right side where it kicks out. the coil sleeve was about a half mm too high and was causing the ball to hang up. I filed it down and it's been good since.

Here is a video.

#5236 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Here is a video.

Looks like something is out of alignment. I haven’t taken mine apart so not sure where the adjustment is but it looks like the part that rotates inside is a little too low and the ball is getting caught on the lip.

#5237 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks like something is out of alignment. I haven’t taken mine apart so not sure where the adjustment is but it looks like the part that rotates inside is a little too low and the ball is getting caught on the lip.

Ok. There is a lil adjustment that raises and lowers it on the bottom of the mech. I will mess with it. The mods look great at least so weird it works most of the time. I’m running 1.31. Going to update to 1.33 as I see there is a gobstopper adjustment that was added. Thanks for the advice

#5238 3 years ago

Gonna pull the trigger on an LE, Was thinking of buying new but have a used one available locally. What are the things i need to look out for on the used ones?

Thanks

#5239 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Gonna pull the trigger on an LE, Was thinking of buying new but have a used one available locally. What are the things i need to look out for on the used ones?
Thanks

clearcoat chipping and pooling

its a great game if someone is selling one already i would be questioning for sure

#5240 3 years ago

Attention all you modders out there!The SE has way to much clear flat ramp area on upper left of playfield.I’m thinking some cool decals that work with surrounding area

#5241 3 years ago

Sorry, last issue. What is up with the massive audio pop when you first turn on the game. Happens about 10 secs after you turn it on. Audio sounds super thin and way too much treble. Headphones sound great. It’s like there is no bass in this game coming from the main speakers.

#5242 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:Sorry, last issue. What is up with the massive audio pop when you first turn on the game. Happens about 10 secs after you turn it on. Audio sounds super thin and way too much treble. Headphones sound great. It’s like there is no bass in this game coming from the main speakers.

Have read that the pop is harmless, but installed this, happy with the results:

https://pinballmods.co/jjp-startup-pop-eliminator-device

The music is not great. To me, it also sounds thin with my best headphones. Probably due to the music being pulled from the old movie soundtrack, and also the orchestration. Lots of violins for the airy sound. I'll try a subwoofer as described above at some point. Got used to it though, bugged me for a couple of days.

#5243 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Thanks

Check the build date. If its before October, then check for pooling/chipping. Seems before October is where the problems were.

#5244 3 years ago

Greetings! I’m getting fluttering (without me hitting flipper button) in my top right flipper. It mostly happens when there is action in the play field and also stops in some game modes. I just noticed it so haven’t done a full diagnosis. Anyone else ever get this?

I’m looking for help on where to start chasing the problem down.

Thanks!

#5245 3 years ago

Sound quality on all JJP pins after hobbit have suffered. I believe the reason is in the positioning of the backboard speakers. JJP actually uses pretty good stock speakers but they shoot the sound up instead of out toward the player.

#5246 3 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Greetings! I’m getting fluttering (without me hitting flipper button) in my top right flipper. It mostly happens when there is action in the play field and also stops in some game modes. I just noticed it so haven’t done a full diagnosis. Anyone else ever get this?
Thanks!

check the gap on our flipper switch stack. sounds like the two blades might be a little close.

#5247 3 years ago
Quoted from RhinoPins:

Thanks!

The game does this on purpose to draw your attention to that area, is that what you are talking about?

#5248 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

check the gap on our flipper switch stack. sounds like the two blades might be a little close.

Yeah should have looked there first. Thanks Chris. Was wondering if there was an odd opto that could be doing it, but yeah I had contact on flipper switch.

#5249 3 years ago

After a ton of research and helpful input from this community, I am buying DILE without having played it to pair with Wonka. Very excited.

#5250 3 years ago

Great decision. Both are tons of fun and are beautiful, well constructed machines. Enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,600 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 280.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/105?hl=captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.