IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 279.
#5101 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

My first post to this forum. I have read all 102 pages and am now ready to post! I got a CE delivered in mid March (perfect timing). The whole family was already a fan of the movie and we absolutely love this pin. Two questions:
1.) What is a good pinball basics video?
2.) Is there a good how-to video on specific strategies for WW? I have read a lot, but I feel like seeing it happen in real time along with explanations would help most. I am stuck around 5M, just mashing away.
3.) We purchased Wonka sight and play unseen. I am tempted to buy one more JJ machine. If we love Wonka, what pin best aligns regardless of price? WOZ YBR, Pirates LE or DI LE. Our kids are 6 and 9. I know this is a tough one to answer but I really appreciate it.

Very tough question for #3. I love my WOZ very much. I have heard Pirates is amazing, but ive never had the chance to play. Ive also never played DI, but I thoguht some said its similar in layout to Wonka?

For #1 and #2, ill let zaphX answer that haha. He seems to be the guru here.

#5102 3 years ago

Was leaning that way but very curious in a forum or Wonka enthusiasts given I will most likely go blind.

#5103 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Very tough question for #3. I love my WOZ very much. I have heard Pirates is amazing, but ive never had the chance to play. Ive also never played DI, but I thoguht some said its similar in layout to Wonka?
For #1 and #2, ill let zaphX answer that haha. He seems to be the guru here.

Yes, would be interested to hear. Watched his 8M twitch the other day.

#5104 3 years ago

I have all 5 and I like them all. I don't think you could go wrong on any but I would forget WOZ YBR. If you like WOZ, look for a WOZ RR and have the complete game.

#5105 3 years ago

Had Woz and the Hobbit but this is the combo that makes me the happiest. Tastes vary though!

92F78093-0640-4939-BB8E-33487F016F48 (resized).jpeg92F78093-0640-4939-BB8E-33487F016F48 (resized).jpeg
#5106 3 years ago

Helpful. In my mind, my decision was really between DI and Pirates LE.

#5107 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Had Woz and the Hobbit but this is the combo that makes me the happiest. Tastes vary though!
[quoted image]

Nice collection.. Funny, I mount all my pingulps on the right side haha.

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I have all 5 and I like them all. I don't think you could go wrong on any but I would forget WOZ YBR. If you like WOZ, look for a WOZ RR and have the complete game.

What is YBR missing? Surprised a limited edition is missing stuff!

#5109 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

What is YBR missing? Surprised a limited edition is missing stuff!

It does not have the Monkey Mod.

#5110 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Nice collection.. Funny, I mount all my pingulps on the right side haha.

Lunatic! Just kidding, thanks

#5111 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Helpful. In my mind, my decision was really between DI and Pirates LE.

I certainly wouldn’t mind a Pirates where DI sits, but my bank account would!

#5112 3 years ago

[quoted image]

You have chosen wisely

#5113 3 years ago

I hear you. Maybe DI is the smarter investment in case Pirates is eventually re-released which may dilute the value of current LE.

Does anyone have a good how-to video?

#5114 3 years ago

I've never purchased a JJP, and thinking about a wonka LE. Do these usually sell for list?

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I've never purchased a JJP, and thinking about a wonka LE. Do these usually sell for list?

Used no, NIB, yes. From what ive been told, JJP isnt giving any allowances to the distributors for deals.

#5116 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

2.) Is there a good how-to video on specific strategies for WW? I have read a lot, but I feel like seeing it happen in real time along with explanations would help most. I am stuck around 5M, just mashing away.

#5117 3 years ago

Thanks. Will watch with the kids

#5118 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Thanks. Will watch with the kids

I make no guarantees about naughty words, you may want to audit it first.

#5119 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ha! You got it.

#5120 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

haha. I was playing last week and thinking to myself, I could never make a video. Im cursing up a storm here! lol

#5121 3 years ago

All right my rules experts, what does the Wonka hat insert in front of the gobstopper mean?

#5122 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

All right my rules experts, what does the Wonka hat insert in front of the gobstopper mean?

Active combo

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

My first post to this forum. I have read all 102 pages and am now ready to post! I got a CE delivered in mid March (perfect timing). The whole family was already a fan of the movie and we absolutely love this pin. Two questions:
1.) What is a good pinball basics video?
3.) We purchased Wonka sight and play unseen. I am tempted to buy one more JJ machine. If we love Wonka, what pin best aligns regardless of price? WOZ YBR, Pirates LE or DI LE. Our kids are 6 and 9. I know this is a tough one to answer but I really appreciate it.

3.) It depends on what you would consider "aligns" to mean. Similar feel and somewhat similar kind of shots would be DI (both standard width also). Would your 6 and 9 year old kids like a disaster theme like SimCity with phone stuff like emojis? Or would they be more into Pirates or a WOZ fantasy kind of theme? WOZ RR would "compliment" it with a different kind of game play yet a fun theme and great light shows. I personally like JJPOTC best by far, but it might not be that fun for your 6 and 9 year olds as more skill is needed to make things happen (unless the kids are mini-wizards). DI is a tough pin too, not much of light shows until you get further into the game, but some of the early modes aren't that hard to get to that they might like. Just adding some possible kid related interest thoughts … kids that come to our house to play the pins like WOZ the best … flashy color lights and wicked witch laugh taunting them.

#5124 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

While flashing it means that the accumulating combo reward is building - keep hitting the ramps (active combo is correct). If you hit the Gobstopper target while the hat insert is flashing, you cash in the scrumdillyumptious reward. If you don't hit the target before it stops flashing, you loose that reward that you built up and have to start up the reward all over again. A risk/reward thing with "some" value that slowly builds as you continue combos.

#5125 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I hear you. Maybe DI is the smarter investment in case Pirates is eventually re-released which may dilute the value of current LE.

I have all 5 JJP games and I disagree with the DI suggestion. It's a fine game but it also plays/feels too similar to Wonka whereas POTC and Hobbit are both quite different. For a 2 game collection, I'd suggest more variety. Odds of JJP Chicago remaking Pirates seems slimmer and slimmer, so if you can find one, I highly recommend it.
highly-recommend (resized).jpghighly-recommend (resized).jpg

#5126 3 years ago

zaphX How are you getting all those Wonka Bars on the Super Spinner mode? I’m only able to get like 7 or 8 per spinner rip, but looks like you’re getting double digits on yours.

#5127 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

zaphx How are you getting all those Wonka Bars on the Super Spinner mode? I’m only able to get like 7 or 8 per spinner rip, but looks like you’re getting double digits on yours.

I get 25-30 per spin. I adjusted the upper left flipper a bit which reduced the clunk. I also put a tiny drop of super lube on the spinner, but I did not observe any improvement from that.

Try manipulating that flipper by hand - is it binding or does it swing freely?

#5128 3 years ago

That was a great How-To video. Watched with my son and he didn't really hear the few expletives. Thank you!

#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I have all 5 JJP games and I disagree with the DI suggestion. It's a fine game but it also plays/feels too similar to Wonka whereas POTC and Hobbit are both quite different. For a 2 game collection, I'd suggest more variety. Odds of JJP Chicago remaking Pirates seems slimmer and slimmer, so if you can find one, I highly recommend it.
[quoted image]

Ok. I can’t see not liking POTC buying blind. Thanks very much for advice.

#5130 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I get 25-30 per spin. I adjusted the upper left flipper a bit which reduced the clunk. I also put a tiny drop of super lube on the spinner, but I did not observe any improvement from that.

Mine doesn’t seem to have much clunk. I regularly get pretty clean hits. I might try some super lube or maybe it’s not counting all of the spins for some reason.

#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

That was a great How-To video. Watched with my son and he didn't really hear the few expletives. Thank you!

I'm sorry about that! Glad it was helpful though.

#5132 3 years ago

Three tickets tonight! Completed Wonka’s office too. Very cool mini wizard mode!

CE672CDF-A0BD-4EFD-B839-6D96C9555BF6 (resized).jpegCE672CDF-A0BD-4EFD-B839-6D96C9555BF6 (resized).jpeg

#5133 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Does anyone have a good how-to video?

I own both wonka and dialed-in and I don’t recommend owning both for a 2 pin collection both games play very similar! Don’t get me wrong I love both and they play great, but I recommend something different as well maybe a stern Batman66/Elvira/Jurassic park premium might give you a different taste.

#5134 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I own both wonka and dialed-in and I don’t recommend owning both for a 2 pin collection both games play very similar! Don’t get me wrong I love both and they play great, but I recommend something different as well maybe a stern Batman66/Elvira/Jurassic park premium might give you a different taste.

That makes sense re: having two similar pins. I actually would love a Jurassic Park. I know very little about fixing pinball machines and feel comfortable with JJ on service (but it’s my only experience). Are there many issues with one of those pins. I love Wonka but have had to troubleshoot loose flippers, wonkavator malfunction, gobstopper malfunction.
If not for their immediate help, it would be frustrating. How does it work with the company that makes Jurassic Park. I know my kids would love it

#5135 3 years ago

Di is better imo.. and I have potcle next to it .... but wonka is the top imo.

#5136 3 years ago

I get double digit spinner hits also. The spinner bracket can be manipulated somewhat and if ajusted/bent correctly it really helps the spinner spin better. After a while the bracket gets pushed/bent upwards and the spinner don't spin as well and the ball doesn't hit it as solid eaither . So mess around with that ...

#5137 3 years ago

All jjp pins are amazing tho so whatever you choose will be ok. Also remember potc is difficult to find and if u do its usually around 12k for a le. Also while wonka and di share the same designer and some shot similarities ...I think they play differently enough that I'd be very happy having them as a 2 pin collection for years....heck they are really all I play anyhow in my collection lol.

#5138 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So I figured out what the issue is. The leaf switch is sticky and getting pushed down on the initial rip and the pops back up and triggers at the end on the last little bit of rocking back and forth. Any tips on fixing that? Fingers crossed I don’t need to take the ramp out to adjust the switch.

#5139 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

So I figured out what the issue is. The leaf switch is sticky and getting pushed down on the initial rip and the pops back up and triggers at the end on the last little bit of rocking back and forth. Any tips on fixing that? Fingers crossed I don’t need to take the ramp out to adjust the switch.

I -think- that switch is a microswitch actuated by a metal arm. If I am right, look at the plastic nub on the switch body. If that guy is sticking down and not popping back up, there are two screws on the body of the switch, loosen them a tiny bit until that nub works freely.

#5140 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Three tickets tonight! Completed Wonka’s office too. Very cool mini wizard mode!
[quoted image]

How does one get to Wonka's office again?

#5141 3 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Mine doesn’t seem to have much clunk. I regularly get pretty clean hits. I might try some super lube or maybe it’s not counting all of the spins for some reason.

I also get into those higher digits and ive never messed with my flipper or spinner.

#5142 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Get any two golden tickets then shoot the scoop.

#5143 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Took this off of Tiltforums:

Wonka’s Office - This mode is qualified at the saucer after two Golden Tickets have been collected and no other modes are in progress. This mode is played by alternating left to right shots as directed by the game lights and audio. The mode can be finished in as little as 3 shots, but can be extended by not hitting the finishing jackpot shot, and instead locking a ball in the Gobstopper. This will increase the final jackpot’s value, and a new 3 shot sequence will begin. The mode finishes when you drain, or collect the final jackpot shot.

Source:http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

#5144 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Really? I kind of thought these two pins were about as different as can be, but I do not own Wonka (but I’d like to, that’s why I lurk here). Are there aspects in the rules or layout you think are similar or is it more the feeling you have when playing?

#5145 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Really? I kind of thought these two pins were about as different as can be, but I do not own Wonka (but I’d like to, that’s why I lurk here). Are there aspects in the rules or layout you think are similar or is it more the feeling you have when playing?

They both shoot very well and that bothers some people.

#5146 3 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

They both shoot very well and that bothers some people.

lol

#5147 3 years ago

One of these would make a cool topper for Wonka.. but I cant get over the that the date doesnt line up with the original movie...

https://safespecial.com/products/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-golden-ticket-led-neon-sign?variant=12188477718611

#5148 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

One of these would make a cool topper for Wonka.. but I cant get over the that the date doesnt line up with the original movie...

https://safespecial.com/products/willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-golden-ticket-led-neon-sign?variant=12188477718611

It says laser engraved on demand. Maybe they could change the date or leave it off ?

Don't hurt to ask.

LTG : )

#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It says laser engraved on demand. Maybe they could change the date or leave it off ?
Don't hurt to ask.
LTG : )

Didnt notice that. Good find!

#5150 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is the actual date?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,943 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/103?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.