IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_7855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 279.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

I don't know if it is a real problem, but often when I throw the right flip towards the gobstopper, even if the ball is thrown perfectly towards the hole, it does not enter ... does it happen to you too? let's say that about half of the perfect shots don't enter , only with the right flip.

You’ll have better luck back handing with the left flipper

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You’ll have better luck back handing with the left flipper

yes I already use the technique of the left flip I wanted to understand if from the right it is my handicap / problem or it is more or less normal to miss some direct hit

#5053 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

yes I already use the technique of the left flip I wanted to understand if from the right it is my handicap / problem or it is more or less normal to miss some direct hit

I would say it’s normal

#5054 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

I don't know if it is a real problem, but often when I throw the right flip towards the gobstopper, even if the ball is thrown perfectly towards the hole, it does not enter ... does it happen to you too? let's say that about half of the perfect shots don't enter , only with the right flip.

Every Wonka machine I've played behaved this way so I'm thinking it's intentional.
I consider it a long shot if I attempt the hole from the right flipper, but can do it 100% repeatably from a cradled left flipper.

#5055 3 years ago

Just confirming....code 1.33 is the most current code?

#5056 3 years ago

So I pulled my game out from where it sits to take the glass off and try to install game blades (of course ruined another set, impossible for me without taking out the playfield), but anyways lol, I saw once under direct light that the game has some pretty heavy ball trails from where the ball leaves the wireforms to where the flippers are. Only these lanes, no trails on the other lanes. I was surprised by this since my game is newer, about 3-400 plays and I have waxed it 2 or 3 times already and replaced balls.

Any thoughts on this? Was thinking it could be from the spin the ball has leaving the wireforms?

#5057 3 years ago

I can't say I've noticed significant wear (just under 1000 games), but truth be told I don't really know what to look for Certainly seen a lot more dirt from those lanes, but it came away easily enough with a wipe and I always put it down to them naturally getting a lot more traffic - two easy(?) ramps will lead to that left wireform...

Do you have cliffy protectors on the lane rollovers? I do, and they may be taking some of the momentum from the ball?

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

I can't say I've noticed significant wear (just under 1000 games), but truth be told I don't really know what to look for Certainly seen a lot more dirt from those lanes, but it came away easily enough with a wipe and I always put it down to them naturally getting a lot more traffic - two easy(?) ramps will lead to that left wireform...
Do you have cliffy protectors on the lane rollovers? I do, and they may be taking some of the momentum from the ball?

I have them but not installed. Was just curious really if anyone else noticed this. They are worse on my WW which has low plays than any other game I own..

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So I pulled my game out from where it sits to take the glass off and try to install game blades (of course ruined another set, impossible for me without taking out the playfield),

You need these:
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#5060 3 years ago

Common for ball trails from wire form exit to flippers... it's not wear just grime and dirt with small metal particles from the wire forms. The ramps get hit alot especially the center and left. They wipe clean very easily but if your worried put mylar down . Its happens less on powder coated wire forms but still gets dirty in that area. This is the most common place I wipe down on my games.

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Common for ball trails from wire form exit to flippers... it's not wear just grime and dirt with small metal particles from the wire forms. The ramps get hit alot especially the center and left. They wipe clean very easily but if your worried put mylar down . Its happens less on powder coated wire forms but still gets dirty in that area. This is the most common place I wipe down on my games.

I clean with Novus 1 whenever I see ball trails, or any time I remove the glass for any other reason. I wax every 500 games or so and I try to apply it heavily in these trail-heavy areas.

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thanks. I did notice that some wiped away but definitely not all of it. I didnt do a good cleaning though and its due before too long.

Know that this is common is good to know. Maybe because this game uses those ramps a real lot, shows more of this.

#5064 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I clean with Novus 1 whenever I see ball trails, or any time I remove the glass for any other reason. I wax every 500 games or so and I try to apply it heavily in these trail-heavy areas.

I use novus 1 to clean before waxing also.

So my waxing at every 150 plays is overkill??? Please say yes haha.

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I use novus 1 to clean before waxing also.
So my waxing at every 150 plays is overkill??? Please say yes haha.

Hell I think my_ waxing at 500 is overkill.

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hell I think my_ waxing at 500 is overkill.

I hate seeing the micro scratches and ... ball trails. But to be honest, even waxing at 150 pays isnt stopping them. Guess its just a part of pinball.

#5067 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I hate seeing the micro scratches and ... ball trails. But to be honest, even waxing at 150 pays isnt stopping them. Guess its just a part of pinball.

I try to embrace the imperfection and remember the gameplay is the main point. Backup playfields can always be purchased if you want.

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I try to embrace the imperfection and remember the gameplay is the main point. Backup playfields can always be purchased if you want.

You are correct 100%. When I had my pinball area built, I had it so that there are no lights over the playfields (no glare). So, this also leads to never seeing the imperfections until I move them out for maintenance. Thats when im like "oohh man, look at all these marks!" ha

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

PS, my Wonka games are improving thanks to your nudging tips.. Nowhere near most of you but at least last night i was almost consistantly getting over 1mm.

So thanks for that!

Also, I find I get much more points by shooting the spinner vs. going for the gum targets.

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Novus2 and what was the name of that wax you recommended?

#5071 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

PS, my Wonka games are improving thanks to your nudging tips.. Nowhere near most of you but at least last night i was almost consistantly getting over 1mm.
So thanks for that!
Also, I find I get much more points by shooting the spinner vs. going for the gum targets.

Spinner,chocolate bars and multiplyers

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Novus2 and what was the name of that wax you recommended?

Novus 2 is abrasive. Dont use that for cleaning.

P21 is great. I use that as well. A little goes a looooong way.

#5074 3 years ago

Just curious... On your Wonka, where does the ball end up after being rescued by the kickback? Does it go into the GUM targets? Spinner? Somewhere else?

Did you have to tweak the kickback settings to achieve the desired location?

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I’ve always used Novus 1 for quick clean so Ive be doing it right.

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Just curious... On your Wonka, where does the ball end up after being rescued by the kickback? Does it go into the GUM targets? Spinner? Somewhere else?
Did you have to tweak the kickback settings to achieve the desired location?

It varies depending on the speed it enters the outlane. More often than not mine goes to spinner lane.

#5077 3 years ago

I am having an issue with the side coil at the go stopper hole. It fires randomly for awhile. It affects gameplay. I checked the switch arm and welds. All looks good and tests fine. I even changed the coil but no luck. Has anyone else experienced this issue. Jjp is not being responsive. Thanks for the help.

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

P21 is awesome. No white residue to clean off of star post or wood railing.

#5079 3 years ago

Buffalo Pinball Twitch stream on Thursday evening.Did Keith make any mention of new Wonka material or Dialed In ?

#5080 3 years ago

Anybody watch the Buffalo Pinball stream with Keith Johnson?Did he talk about the making or possible new programming of Wonka?

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anybody watch the Buffalo Pinball stream with Keith Johnson?Did he talk about the making or possible new programming of Wonka?

JJP will never talk about unreleased anything every again. We won't get previews and they won't get early feedback.

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

JJP will never talk about unreleased anything every again. We won't get previews and they won't get early feedback.

I was just meaning did he talk about making the game and why they took the approach they did?

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I was just meaning did he talk about making the game and why they took the approach they did?

Keefer isn't lead on Wonka, Joe Katz is, though Keefer did talk about his general philosophy to making a game related to theme integration, rules, etc...the interview is a good one and pretty entertaining as well.

#5084 3 years ago

Just bought a standard off route. Do I have any GI bulbs our, or is the back left in these really that dark??? I can't see any bulbs beyond the pop bumpers.

Thanks!

IMG_20200503_171038262_BURST002 (resized).jpgIMG_20200503_171038262_BURST002 (resized).jpg
#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Do I have any GI bulbs our, or is the back left in these really that dark???

It's that dark. Wonkavator goes in that area on the LE and CE, so no LED boards back there.

LTG : )

#5086 3 years ago

In my mind that's the one thing besides the stupid factory plastic that should have been changed in design stage!
When they removed Wonkavator they should have changed lighting,and the factory mod is just wrong on all of them.
The way to correct lighting is with Hookedonpinball rob led kit.There are two different approaches to fixing factory issue one is by mezal mods which is the one I chose

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

In my mind that's the one thing besides the stupid factory plastic that should have been changed in design stage!
When they removed Wonkavator they should have changed lighting,and the factory mod is just wrong on all of them.
The way to correct lighting is with Hookedonpinball rob led kit.There are two different approaches to fixing factory issue one is by mezal mods which is the one I chose

Ive never understood what that "factory" is representing..

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It's literally the entrance to the chocolate factory. It's depicted when Willy comes out with his walk/somersault, and everyone enters through it.

It may not look like a factory, but it does match the movie's depiction.

#5089 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Dude watch the original movie,you’ll dig it!

#5090 3 years ago

Anyone see the pics of the LE topper?

#5091 3 years ago

Who in the club has installed pinstadiums? How do you like them, and did it take away from any of the game's awesome lightshow?

#5092 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Who in the club has installed pinstadiums? How do you like them, and did it take away from any of the game's awesome lightshow?

They are a must and only add to the light show. I put on a pure blue with about 20 to 50% warm white depending on the time of day. It looks pretty awesome when all the lights are out in the room. Especially when you get wonkavator going the flashers look awesome. I found that the game without the pin stadiums was far too dark for my taste. There's some games that the pin stadiums do not do much for, this game is not one of them.

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude watch the original movie,you’ll dig it!

Ummnn ive watched it more than you can ever imagine. I see no resemblance to anything from that movie with the factory in the game.

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's literally the entrance to the chocolate factory. It's depicted when Willy comes out with his walk/somersault, and everyone enters through it.
It may not look like a factory, but it does match the movie's depiction.

Ill have to take a better look. Didnt realize it was for the outside of the factory.

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ill have to take a better look. Didnt realize it was for the outside of the factory.

1472549647-willy-wonka-roll-over-surprise (resized).png1472549647-willy-wonka-roll-over-surprise (resized).pngIMG_1941 (resized).jpegIMG_1941 (resized).jpeg
#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice find!

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, ok I totally see it now! I was looking at it as Top Down view and never understood it. I feel like I dont see that side of it when playing..

#5098 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh, ok I totally see it now! I was looking at it as Top Down view and never understood it. I feel like I dont see that side of it when playing..

Even funnier, it always looked like some sort of envelope to me haha.

#5099 3 years ago

My first post to this forum. I have read all 102 pages and am now ready to post! I got a CE delivered in mid March (perfect timing). The whole family was already a fan of the movie and we absolutely love this pin. Two questions:
1.) What is a good pinball basics video?
2.) Is there a good how-to video on specific strategies for WW? I have read a lot, but I feel like seeing it happen in real time along with explanations would help most. I am stuck around 5M, just mashing away.
3.) We purchased Wonka sight and play unseen. I am tempted to buy one more JJ machine. If we love Wonka, what pin best aligns regardless of price? WOZ YBR, Pirates LE or DI LE. Our kids are 6 and 9. I know this is a tough one to answer but I really appreciate it.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

My first post to this forum. I have read all 102 pages and am now ready to post! I got a CE delivered in mid March (perfect timing). The whole family was already a fan of the movie and we absolutely love this pin. Two questions:
1.) What is a good pinball basics video?
2.) Is there a good how-to video on specific strategies for WW? I have read a lot, but I feel like seeing it happen in real time along with explanations would help most. I am stuck around 5M, just mashing away.
3.) We purchased Wonka sight and play unseen. I am tempted to buy one more JJ machine. If we love Wonka, what pin best aligns regardless of price? WOZ YBR, Pirates LE or DI LE. Our kids are 6 and 9. I know this is a tough one to answer but I really appreciate it.

Dialed In LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 13,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/102?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.