IMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6910 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8062 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8060 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8198 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 279.
#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I know but I am the type of person who absolutely hates changing it from the factory. I like to know that if I were to play this elsewhere, it would be under the same conditions. Granted, that will probably never happen but.... I also like to see how I compare to others with scores and changing the game makes that harder... Not that I ever think my scores are anything special, but knowing where others are at gives me a goal.

Quoted from Rager170:

And currently, I dont even have a post in the left side. I was told that stock setting with no post.

Quoted from Rager170:

hahaha, thats not what ive heard from this thread.

No game plays the same so don't compare to much ...plus no one knows what's others have really changed. You sld at least add the post on the left to the lowest hole...mine was on there when I bought it so I left it and am happy how it plays. Also put the pin at 7-7.2 between the flippers and that will help with pop drains.. I rarely get any. I still have many crap games buy then 1/10 or so will be really good. No point to get so frustrated that the pin loses it's fun factor especially when a few tweaks can drastically help this. Good luck on the wonka journey.

#4952 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Where would you guys rank Wonka amongst the other JJP games, now that the honey moon period is over?

Wonka
Di
Potc
Hobbit
Woz
However all are super amazing and well above the competition imo and I just personally perfer the layouts and rules on wonka and di over the others which y they are my fav

#4953 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just a shade below Pirates.

Wow, that's high praise.

#4954 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

No game plays the same so don't compare to much ...plus no one knows what's others have really changed. You sld at least add the post on the left to the lowest hole...mine was on there when I bought it so I left it and am happy how it plays. Also put the pin at 7-7.2 between the flippers and that will help with pop drains.. I rarely get any. I still have many crap games buy then 1/10 or so will be really good. No point to get so frustrated that the pin loses it's fun factor especially when a few tweaks can drastically help this. Good luck on the wonka journey.

I have mine at 6.8 - 7 depending on where the measurement is taken.

But I might have to add the post cuz its driving me crazy. Its a poor design by JJP IMO.. Its not even about learning the rules at this point. The drains stop me from advancing in general.

#4955 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have mine at 6.8 - 7 depending on where the measurement is taken.
But I might have to add the post cuz its driving me crazy. Its a poor design by JJP IMO.. Its not even about learning the rules at this point. The drains stop me from advancing in general.

I think it would be a poor design if the holes for the post weren't there.

#4956 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

That was the fix to the bad design

#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wow, that's high praise.

They almost can't be compared because they are so different.

If you told me I could only keep one pin it would be Pirates.
But what do I turn on and play every single day? Wonka.

Glad I don't have to choose!

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

The left drain is a very similar design to the left on WOZ that drives people crazy as well..

But wonka with those white rubbers as well, bouncy bouncy right to the drain haha.

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Exactly!!!!!

#4960 3 years ago

The left cheater post doesn't make nearly as much difference as you think. I have way more trouble with the right outlane or center from the pops.

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The left cheater post doesn't make nearly as much difference as you think. I have way more trouble with the right outlane or center from the pops.

I had trouble with left outlane and less center drain from pops,but when it does it pisses me off.It seems it happens to me when I’m on last ball with extra ball lit

#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That was the fix to the bad design

I think it allows for varying degrees of difficulty. I chose the easiest of the three

#4963 3 years ago

No left post for me, and my current GC is 11 mil! I don't think I am a particularly proficient player either, I very rarely nudge the machine, so higher scores are definitely possible. zaphX has highlighted in the past that it really helps to keep the kickback lit; I strongly agree, and it takes great willpower, but sometimes I find it is worth going for the GUM targets to light kickback vs ripping the spinner/right loop when the diverter gives you a left flipper shot.

My high score game plan is generally: Wonka bars, wonka bars, wonka bars + bonus multiplier. For my 11mil game I ended with 589 bars! Still only seen 3 of the tickets, and only ever 2 in the same game; I feel like my first "three ticket game" is just around the corner...

#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

No left post for me, and my current GC is 11 mil! I don't think I am a particularly proficient player either, I very rarely nudge the machine, so higher scores are definitely possible. zaphx has highlighted in the past that it really helps to keep the kickback lit; I strongly agree, and it takes great willpower, but sometimes I find it is worth going for the GUM targets to light kickback vs ripping the spinner/right loop when the diverter gives you a left flipper shot.
My high score game plan is generally: Wonka bars, wonka bars, wonka bars + bonus multiplier. For my 11mil game I ended with 589 bars! Still only seen 3 of the tickets, and only ever 2 in the same game; I feel like my first "three ticket game" is just around the corner...

That spinner is so fun to hit! Such a great shot.

#4965 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

That spinner is so fun to hit! Such a great shot.

And it’s easier then the gum targets to hit.I usually try to bank shots off of the captive ball to light gum targets unless I need it for gum blowing or such

#4966 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

And it’s easier then the gum targets to hit.I usually try to bank shots off of the captive ball to light gum targets unless I need it for gum blowing or such

Im wondering if some of my frustrations from last night were due to changing my normal style and going for the gum targets more. Had a tenancy to come down to the slings and then sling to a drain. Was happening often last night.

#4967 3 years ago

Ok another question regarding the rules of this game. Sorry if this has been answered a million times.

So, I understand what to do with each "kid" to complete them, but what makes them get started?

And for the Factory Tour, do you have to hit the Wonka smokestack and then TV to start it? And then if you complete one, for example, fizzy lifting drink room, do you have to do the smokestack again and then tv for a different room?

Also, what happens if you drain while working on a "kid" mode or "factory tour" mode?

#4968 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im wondering if some of my frustrations from last night were due to changing my normal style and going for the gum targets more. Had a tenancy to come down to the slings and then sling to a drain. Was happening often last night.

Try thumping the machine up with the heels of your hands.

Ideally you hit it away using the top of the sling.
If the ball is walking up the slings, hopefully you can give it enough of a jolt that it fires away from the hungry outlanes.

If it's walking down_ the slings, don't nudge, just be ready to catch the ball.

#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok another question regarding the rules of this game. Sorry if this has been answered a million times.
So, I understand what to do with each "kid" to complete them, but what makes them get started?
And for the Factory Tour, do you have to hit the Wonka smokestack and then TV to start it? And then if you complete one, for example, fizzy lifting drink room, do you have to do the smokestack again and then tv for a different room?
Also, what happens if you drain while working on a "kid" mode or "factory tour" mode?

QUALIFYING kids is their colored shots.
COMPLETING them is their colored shots after qualifying except Charlie (Fizzy drink mode) and Veruca (Good/Bad Egg Mode.)
COLLECTING kids is done at the captive ball which moves the flashing kid color from the captive to the kid MB shot.

Shooting the Kid MB shot begins the multiball with whatever kids you have collected.

#4970 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Try thumping the machine up with the heels of your hands.
Ideally you hit it away using the top of the sling.
If the ball is walking up the slings, hopefully you can give it enough of a jolt that it fires away from the hungry outlanes.
If it's walking down_ the slings, don't nudge, just be ready to catch the ball.

Ok thanks. I honestly suck a nudging. I broke the key off over the weekend nudging forward and I guess I put my thigh into it lol. Machine is heavy!

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

QUALIFYING kids is their colored shots.
COMPLETING them is their colored shots except Charlie (Fizzy drink mode) and Veruca (Good/Bad Egg Mode.)
COLLECTING kids is done at the captive ball which moves the flashing kid color from the captive to the kid MB shot.
Shooting the Kid MB shot begins the multiball with whatever kids you have collected.

Ok thanks again. So qualifying them is simply a colored shot. Gotcha.

Any insight to the factory tour? I guess im mixing things up thinking some of the factory tour are the completing of kids.

#4972 3 years ago

I actually found this helpful. Not sure if anything has changed...

http://tiltforums.com/t/willy-wonka-rulesheet-early-wip/5406

#4973 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok thanks. I honestly suck a nudging. I broke the key off over the weekend nudging forward and I guess I put my thigh into it lol. Machine is heavy!

Don't hump the machine, thump the corners upward with the heels of your hands.

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok thanks again. So qualifying them is simply a colored shot. Gotcha.
Any insight to the factory tour? I guess im mixing things up thinking some of the factory tour are the completing of kids.

As I said two kids are completed by factory modes - Veruca (egg mode) and Charlie (Fizzy drink mode.) However, do not confuse completing kids with qualifying or collecting.

The factory tour is 12 modes of three types:

Factory Modes (Blue): Qualify with factory ramp until WONKA spelled, saucer to start.
Super X Modes (Purple): Hit purple shots (left orbit or spinner shot) until qualified, saucer to start.
Captive Ball Modes (Orange): Hit captive ball until qualified, saucer to start.

Try to qualify all 3 before hitting the saucer. Be mindful of what mode(s) you're about to start, and change them if it's wasteful. For example if the orange mode is collect bonus and you only have 10 bars, you want to switch it to something else before you hit the saucer.

#4975 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Don't hump the machine, thump the corners upward with the heels of your hands.

What if she’s playing with me Friday night and we’ve been drinking?

#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As I said two kids are completed by factory modes - Veruca (egg mode) and Charlie (Fizzy drink mode.) However, do not confuse completing kids with qualifying or collecting.
The factory tour is 12 modes of three types:
Factory Modes (Blue): Qualify with factory ramp until WONKA spelled, saucer to start.
Super X Modes (Purple): Hit purple shots (left orbit or spinner shot) until qualified, saucer to start.
Captive Ball Modes (Orange): Hit captive ball until qualified, saucer to start.
Try to qualify all 3 before hitting the saucer. Be mindful of what mode(s) you're about to start, and change them if it's wasteful. For example if the orange mode is collect bonus and you only have 10 bars, you want to switch it to something else before you hit the saucer.

Shit man what’s your IQ 160?

#4977 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I know right!? Zaphx needs to do a streaming tutorial.

#4978 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

DI didn't move me at first but I'm seriously thinking about getting one.

I was about to buy one NIB when Wonka was announced, still want to get one at some point.

#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I'm a very stable genius.

Quoted from davisjl1979:

I know right!? Zaphx needs to do a streaming tutorial.

Like this?

#4980 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Play a bunch more games. It will likely clear itself.
LTG : )

played alot of games super lock gets lit but ball just goes around playfield and not up the elevator.

#4981 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

hahaha, thats not what ive heard from this thread.

It's your game in your home, your enjoyment is most important. I don't have the post installed and prefer it that way, but plenty people do have it installed and find the game more enjoyable...all about what's going to keep you having fun.

#4982 3 years ago

Like this?

Tutorial looks great. What Playfield camera are you using and is that 1080 or 720?

#4983 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Like this?
Tutorial looks great. What Playfield camera are you using and is that 1080 or 720?

Sony CX405 through an Elgato CamLink, 1080@60hz.

#4984 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

played alot of games super lock gets lit but ball just goes around playfield and not up the elevator.

Does the lock register/is awarded when you hit the shot? If so, make sure "virtual locks" is not enabled in the settings (can't recall the exact setting name, sorry)

EDIT: Under the Wonkavator Multiball settings is an option for Lock Behaviour - make sure this is Shared Locks (locks can be stolen) or Standard Locks (locks tracked by player). There is also a "Disable Elevator Diverter" in the game device settings according to the manual.

#4985 3 years ago

From Instagram - It’s Wonka Wednesday..

28B93282-5BF5-4B15-A613-09057BBFF9D2 (resized).jpeg28B93282-5BF5-4B15-A613-09057BBFF9D2 (resized).jpeg
#4986 3 years ago

Any Wonka LE’s for trade. PM me.

#4987 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a setting to turn off the daily high scores?

#4988 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know if there is a setting to turn off the daily high scores?

Yes there is. Under settings, high score menu, second from the bottom. Turn off.

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes there is. Under settings, high score menu, second from the bottom. Turn off.

ahh great, thanks!

#4990 3 years ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

Does the lock register/is awarded when you hit the shot? If so, make sure "virtual locks" is not enabled in the settings (can't recall the exact setting name, sorry)
EDIT: Under the Wonkavator Multiball settings is an option for Lock Behaviour - make sure this is Shared Locks (locks can be stolen) or Standard Locks (locks tracked by player). There is also a "Disable Elevator Diverter" in the game device settings according to the manual.

thanks ,,, ill check it out

#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

thanks ,,, ill check it out

after further review wonka elevator diverter coil test diverter metal bar does not open fully all the time ...shit

#4992 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

It's your game in your home, your enjoyment is most important. I don't have the post installed and prefer it that way, but plenty people do have it installed and find the game more enjoyable...all about what's going to keep you having fun.

I love that post soooo much. Today is Earth Day, but in my heart it is Post Day.

#4993 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

after further review wonka elevator diverter coil test diverter metal bar does not open fully all the time ...shit

I need to check this as well then. I will have super lock lit and it doesn’t kick up. Usually on the second try it will work. Just started doing this.

#4994 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the WONKA Manual is now completed?

I’m going to get a couple printed the same as the D.I Manual but don’t want to get one printed until it is complete.

Maybe @ltg?

Thanks

#4995 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I need to check this as well then. I will have super lock lit and it doesn’t kick up. Usually on the second try it will work. Just started doing this.

I have this issue sometimes too. Mind you, I have the SE, but it happens to me when it is lit and doesn't register a logical lock. I thought it was due to either the shot not being fast enough or that you had to shoot it an extra time for it to lock the second ball. Not sure though.

#4996 3 years ago

Mamma mia ...only two words...mamma mia ‍♂️‍♂️‍☠️‍☠️

1C3E1CC1-433C-4DB5-864A-22527DE2DA12 (resized).jpeg1C3E1CC1-433C-4DB5-864A-22527DE2DA12 (resized).jpeg692F1626-48F9-470F-9237-39CAD1F14E9A (resized).jpeg692F1626-48F9-470F-9237-39CAD1F14E9A (resized).jpeg713EE7A5-7816-4605-8E5B-DC05150DCC25 (resized).jpeg713EE7A5-7816-4605-8E5B-DC05150DCC25 (resized).jpegA9405626-C4E2-44E8-B265-ACC29768423C (resized).jpegA9405626-C4E2-44E8-B265-ACC29768423C (resized).jpegB69E3EC2-D95C-4B2B-B3B5-3D0309D6E070 (resized).jpegB69E3EC2-D95C-4B2B-B3B5-3D0309D6E070 (resized).jpeg
#4997 3 years ago

Does anyone know the height of the cab +backbox when folded? I've transported Stern/WB/Data East, and some of them were a little tight (but fit). I want to make sure Wonka will fit before I do the drive....

#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does anyone know the height of the cab +backbox when folded? I've transported Stern/WB/Data East, and some of them were a little tight (but fit). I want to make sure Wonka will fit before I do the drive....

It’s about 30”, maybe slightly less. Shorter than a stern, about the same as a bw.

#4999 3 years ago

Does anyone Know the resolution of the wonkavision? Im trying to capture the feed to add to a stream/recording and it seems the resolution is the problem. Also what external capture devices would handle lower resolutions such as that?

#5000 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Does anyone Know the resolution of the wonkavision? Im trying to capture the feed to add to a stream/recording and it seems the resolution is the problem. Also what external capture devices would handle lower resolutions such as that?

I've heard you have to connect your capture device to it -after- the game has booted for it to work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 32.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 279.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wwcf-club-wonka-golden-tickets-inside/page/100?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.