Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Tommi_Gunn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ship_game.jpg
    DWW_001.jpg
    ww_damage_18jun12.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vulture.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I had a Whirlwind shipped to me from a guy in CA. It was blanket wrapped and shrink wrapped. It finally arrived today (took 3 weeks), and arrived with damage to the cabinet. See picture. I don't know why NAVL/STI is regarded so highly, I haven't had good luck with them.

I contacted Michelle B. and she sent me a claim form. She said I need to get a written estimate to have the cabinet repaired and submit it with the claim form. Any ideas how/where to get a written estimate without having to spend a day hauling my pin somewhere?

ww_damage_18jun12.jpgww_damage_18jun12.jpg

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Leave the legs on, fold the head down (cardboard to protect rails), let NAVL/STI wrap it. It will be moved around by hand more that way, and IF it gets damaged, they WILL pay out on the claim.

Yep, this is exactly how it was prepped and wrapped. Hopefully they'll cover it.

Quoted from blondetall:

I wish you a ton of luck that they work with you and get it fixed. Nothing worse than being excited about a pin then getting it and having damage.

Yeah, definitely a letdown But thanks everyone for the comments.

#20 11 years ago

Hey, thanks Chris! You did a great job prepping it - no worries at all there. I just need to work thru the claims process now. I'll get in touch with you via email.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Vulture, do you have any pics of what the game looked like fully prepped?

Yes, Chris took some pics of it after it was prepped.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The shipping company does not care about your game at all.

Maybe not, but they are responsible for it while it's in transit, including being responsible for damage they cause. Regardless of whether it's NAVL or C&F.

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I wouldn't even bother with a claim. It will take you less time to touch it up.

Doubtful. It needs to be sanded, filled, sanded, painted. I can do the monkey work but I am not good at paint matching and painting. I think it's worth it to submit a claim.

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Always sign after inspection.

The choices are (a) don't sign and they put it back on the truck, or (b) note the damage on the invoice, sign, and deal with claims process. I chose (b) after inspecting it.

3 weeks later
    #42 11 years ago

Here's an update. I submitted a damage claim to STI a couple weeks ago and received a check in the mail today, no questions asked. I feel like I received a fair payment without too much hassle.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vulture.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ww-shipping-damage?tu=vulture and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.