(Topic ID: 280214)

WW LE vs DI LE?

By rogerdodger

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi Guys:

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I have a JJP DI LE and love it! I waited quite a while to get one as I thought the theme was an odd choice but, oh boy, what a great game! I now love the theme, as well as the pin. It all fits together, beautifully.

Recently, while traveling, I played a WW LE and thought it was a beautiful game. Unfortunately, I only played one game and didn't know any of the rules.

I am not a great player and often, at the end of the day, I just want to knock the ball around and have fun, without thinking too much about the rules and find that DI allows me to do that. I have never progressed deep into DI but that doesn't bother me as I still have lots of fun with it. I'm not looking to beat it any time soon! Based on this, am I going to love a WW LE? I am not intending to sell DI, so WW will be an addition to my lineup.

There is nowhere to play WW near my home town, so I don't know when I will have another opportunity to try one out.

All thoughts appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 3 years ago

I think you'll just have to play it some more. I personally don't like WWLE (yet), and love DILE, but that doesn't mean you won't dig WWLE...

#3 3 years ago

Me and my wife always said if they make a ww we are in and then we played it and changed our minds. It's an alright game but it just doesn't do it for me play wise and I'm a big Pat Lawlor fan.all of my friend's that have bought one have since sold them.

#4 3 years ago

Some pins are live at first sight, like WOZ for me. Others don't reveal themselves right away.

I played Dialed In over and over but kept being bored playing it, until one day I had a great play, really discovered the game and ended up buying one.

I'm at that step with WW, I play it on location and I don't get that game at all, I find the flow to be weird and I don't enjoy playing it much. I still try to play it, it's a JJP and Lawlor there should be something good about it but for now it just doesn't click.

#5 3 years ago

Stay away from WW. Personally not a fan and left my collection in less than a month.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Stay away from WW. Personally not a fan and left my collection in less than a month.

Lasted three weeks here, bought a DILE and can already tell its staying longer than that, much longer

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

Lasted three weeks here, bought a DILE and can already tell its staying longer than that, much longer

My Dialed in lasted a couple years. Fantastic game.

#8 3 years ago

You have to decide for yourself, asking others if you’ll like a game or if you should buy a game doesn’t make much sense to me.

Ask yourself..
    Do you like multiple flippers(lots of shots)?
    Do you enjoy non fan layout games?
    Do you prefer deep rulesets?

Dialed In is a great game. Wonka is a similar game that I give a slight edge to.

Only you can decide if you should buy a game, letting others decide for you can lead to disappointment.

#9 3 years ago

I would suggest finding it nearby and putting a few more games on it before buying one.
    Everything I like about WW is better executed in Dialed In, in my opinion.
    If you're adding to your linup, I think you should differentiate more. Find something that doesn't feel or play as closely to what you have. Just my two cents.

#10 3 years ago

Maybe I'm the oddball, have DE LE about 2 years and love it. Bought Wonka maybe 3-4 months ago and really it it as well.

I doubt I will ever sell either especially DI. I have about 1500 games on DI and 400 on Wonka., I play Wonka the most, some of it because it's new, some of it I just enjoy the pin. I think DI is more straight forward in rules and gameplay.

Good luck hope you find a place to play it a lot. What sold me on Wonka was the Pinball expo 2019, I was able to play it a lot. Stern had Elvira and JP and that room was packed.

#11 3 years ago

Honestly, I think they are both good pins. Everyone can nit pick everything to death. Are they both the greatest pins ever? No. Are they excellent pins? Yes. Are they excellent despite some flaws? Yes. So, I say just pick the one that you are drawn to, play the hell of it and enjoy it.

#12 3 years ago

I don’t like Wonka a bit.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I don’t like Wonka a bit.

Do you like any Pat Lawlor pins? Just curious.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Do you like any Pat Lawlor pins? Just curious.

I love DI and TZ.

Had Wonka in my basement for a couple weeks, never liked playing it. I played Wonka to satisfy my curiosity but never enjoyed playing it. Just didn’t click with me.

#15 3 years ago

I’ve had my WWLE for about two weeks and LOVE IT!

I’d recommend watching this quick tutorial to understand the basics of gameplay.

I’m finding the rule set and shot variety/flow super satisfying!

I say grab yourself one!

#16 3 years ago

Have both DILE & WWCF CE..

You’ve got to play Wonka more.. until I watched the first 5 mins of the tutorial above I was thinking of letting it go.. but now.. I’m beginning to like it more & more

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from SBrothers:

I’ve had my WWLE for about two weeks and LOVE IT!
    I’d recommend watching this quick tutorial to understand the basics of gameplay.

I’m finding the rule set and shot variety/flow super satisfying!
    I say grab yourself one!

I never understood the game (not one bit) so playing not fun since I didn't get what I should be doing, even after watching that tutorial it's still super confusing to me. I can say that Woz was also confusing to me for a long time. DI is way more straightforward to understand and my wife who is not a pinball player loves DI.

#18 3 years ago

WW is an amazing and highly imaginative pin. It’s unlike any other pin, in both rules and presentation. So many pins have so much in common with other pins. Not Wonka. Very creative and shoots amazing. It’s one of the most challenging pins I’ve ever known. It’s gorgeous. I love it. Makes me happy. YMMV.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

I think you'll just have to play it some more. I personally don't like WWLE (yet), and love DILE, but that doesn't mean you won't dig WWLE...

agree with this. DI is an amazing shooter.

#20 3 years ago

Guys... thanks so much for all of your responses. All the responses helped a lot.

The gameplay video certainly helps me here, as well. Thank you for that.

I will be traveling again next month and will go out of my way to find a WW that I can play, before making a decision.

Thanks again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ww-le-vs-di-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.