(Topic ID: 61774)

WW CPR playfield - has anyone finished the swap?

By boo32

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gjbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1040089.JPG
P1040090.JPG
P1020019.JPG
P1020023.JPG
P1020022.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have a CPR playfield to install in my ww. I am interested in how it affects gameplay and would like to see some photos too.

#2 10 years ago

Moved to technical help sub forum. Good luck!

#3 10 years ago

I have just installed mine, and have only a few games on it as I am making adjustments, but I think it turned out well, and seems to play fantastic.

A couple of thoughts:

-Not all the dimples on the backside of the playfield were there and not all were in the right spot (Which was to be expected), so I made sure that before I started putting in screws that mechanically everything fit together.

- I had some trouble with the discs being level-not the up and down adjustment, but one side of the discs being flush with the playfield and the other side not so much. I leveled things out with washers placed on one side of the disc assembly underneath.

- When I built the pop bumpers, I followed Ed Cheung's advice to make things easier. I did this on a another game and it worked out great. http://www.edcheung.com/album/album08/pinball/tz.htm

A list of stuff done:

I ended up replacing the ramps, the topper, put in a NOS translight, new power supply board, new single drop target board, remote battery holder, new flipper coils and a rebuild, getting a xpin display, pinball pro speakers and sub, tumbled and cleaned the crap out of everything, put Pinbits protectors on to save the new CPR plastics.

I really wanted this thing to look and play well, so I'll never get back what I have in it, but I love the game so there is no intention of it leaving my collection.

One note about Cliffy's: I had to modify the ramp protector a little as it didn't fit the thicker Pinball Inc repo.

Also, the hole protectors do not fit. I think the playfield is a little thicker than the original, so when I tried putting in the protectors, the kind of twisted and buckled a little and did not fit flush to the playfield. Anyone else have this problem with Cliffy's and CPR playfields? I have an email into Cliffy to get his recommendation.

P1020022.JPGP1020022.JPG P1020023.JPGP1020023.JPG P1020019.JPGP1020019.JPG

#4 10 years ago

Hmmm . . . not sure why the pics are huge and blurry. Will try again.

#5 10 years ago

Well, when you click on the pics they look better. A couple more

P1040090.JPGP1040090.JPG P1040089.JPGP1040089.JPG

#6 10 years ago

Excellent job! Did you see the post about the CPR backglass?

#7 10 years ago

Nice work GJB! Looks fantastic! I'm going to be doing my WW pf swap this Winter. I may hold off on ordering the Cliffy hole protectors until he comes up with a solution to make them fit right.

Not that you are looking to spend more money but did you see that CPR is now doing a mirrored WW Backglass?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Excellent job! Did you see the post about the CPR backglass?

Quoted from MikeS:

Not that you are looking to spend more money but did you see that CPR is now doing a mirrored WW Backglass?

Thanks guys. Yeah I saw the CPR backglass and it looks very cool, but I'm kind of tapped right now. Maybe if I can recoup a little I'll try and get one.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I've got a ton of pictures as well.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from gjbwalker:

Let me know if I can help in any way. I've got a ton of pictures as well.

Thanks! I may hit you up with some questions once I get started!

#10 10 years ago

Just an update on the Cliffy hole protectors: He does make the hole protectors for repo playfields, but you have to let him know in advance that your playfield is a repo as there is a difference.

I would ordered direct from him as to get the correct protectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ww-cpr-playfield-has-anyone-finished-the-swap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.