Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DruTheFu
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a hip hop pin like Wu tang?”

• Fuck no. I rock! 44 votes
      34%
    • Hells yeah i got soul. 69 votes
      53%
    • I 16 votes
      12%

(129 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wu (resized).jpg
    2F406A02-90E7-468C-A46B-9846868AADDD (resized).jpeg
    Clayton_Bigsby (resized).PNG
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    20170711_201908 (resized).jpg
    wutangclan1 (resized).jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

BIG BABY JESUS I CAN'T WAIT NI@@A FUCK THAT I CANT WAIT

#52 6 years ago

if it has to be old school rap/hip hop any of these are winners in my book:
    Run Dmc
    Big Daddy Kane
    Fat Boys
    SKinnny Boys
    MCADE
    UTFO
    LL Cool J
    Biggie
    Public Enemy
    NWA
    2 live Crew (bass music)
    Jungle Brothers
    Tribe Called Quest
    X-clan
    EPMD
    Eric b & Rakim

i could go on forever.....

#53 6 years ago

I wanna give a shout-out to all the school teachers... I wanna give a shout-out to umm... myself.

#54 6 years ago

Love some Wu Tang,I'll never forget it was 1994 and I was 21 and I picked up 36 Chambers up on cassette and listened to again and again and again.

#55 6 years ago

Not the first rap group band I think of that would be good for a rap pin, maybe because I don't like them and would prefer 2PAC.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not the first rap group band I think of that would be good for a rap pin, maybe because I don't like them and would prefer 2PAC.

I like 2 PAC maybe a little better but wu-tang would definitely make a better pinball machine.

#57 6 years ago

You could have speed ball multiball. Lol
    Don't know if there would be a death save?
    BRUTAL.....

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

God I downvoted you at first because I HATE that band but the token white guy story is a total winner...well played!

LOL..... it was a small concert at Syracuse....maybe 100-150 people tops. They were an hour late starting because they were having dinner down the street. Some local beat box group played while we waited....was horrible. The rest of the concert was awesome

#59 6 years ago

How about a Vanilla Ice pin? The soundtrack would be rather limited and callouts extremely annoying.
    The game's ruleset would have to be very shallow to befit his intellectual capacity and brief 6-month career.
    Maybe the LCD display could be playing a loop of his cinematic masterpiece known as 'Cool as Ice'.
    A Vanilla Ice bash toy would alone sell 10,000 units.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Saw Wu Tang in 97 from the 10th row. They opened for Rage. One of my all time favorite shows

Consider yourself lucky cause I seen the same show here and it was horrible. I would like to see a hip hop or rap pin but unless spooky makes it I don't ever see it happening.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

LOL..... it was a small concert at Syracuse....maybe 100-150 people tops. They were an hour late starting because they were having dinner down the street. Some local beat box group played while we waited....was horrible. The rest of the concert was awesome

Small de la show in Syracuse? I would have thought it more likely for the token minority at this concert to have been a single black guy

#62 6 years ago

I honestly can't think of a better group for a rap pin. Modes, art, sound effects, the whole package practically writes itself.

#63 6 years ago

It'd sound great loaded with just Wu-Tang beats (also family friendly). Take from all Wu solo and side projects.

Gravel Pit lower playfield
    Chess Board upper playfield
    Shaolin Shadowboxing (flippers fight against you)
    Complete 36 Chambers (modes)
    YES to Killa Bee Multiball!

#64 6 years ago

Wu Tang would be a sick theme. The PSX game was pretty fun.

#65 6 years ago

The brown messy powdercoating would be amazing.

#66 6 years ago

On the flip side.... anyone pick up the last Wu? Threw that shit in my gravel pit. I used to hate samples and was always like "Why can't they use real instruments?" Then Limp Biscuit happened.
    If ANY group needs dirty, grimy NY skyline samples, it's Wu. Throw that guitar away RZA!

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The brown messy powdercoating would be amazing.

Ewww.
    Screwdriver shooter rod,... powdercoat splatters. SLE only.

#69 6 years ago

After 3 nights of Wu gonna change it up...
    This whole album is kvller.
    Welcome Back.

#70 6 years ago

The Recession was a goddamn Atlanta masterpiece. First 2 YJ albums barnburners.

#71 6 years ago

The Recession. Did I mention that?

#72 6 years ago

Funny you mention this theme, as I tried bringing up The Wu as a theme a few months back, and it wasn't well recieved:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rumours-of-a-new-stern-pin-lynyrd-skynyrd/page/2#post-3723828

...and doing a forum search for "Wu Tang", we don't seem to be alone with the interest

#73 6 years ago

wu tang pin aint nothin to fuck with. lol

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Funny you mention this theme, as I tried bringing up The Wu as a theme a few months back, and it wasn't well recieved:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rumours-of-a-new-stern-pin-lynyrd-skynyrd/page/2#post-3723828
    ...and doing a forum search for "Wu Tang", we don't seem to be alone with the interest

You brought up a Wu Tang pin...in a Lynyrd Skynyrd thread...lol?!?!
    Clayton Bigsby approves!
    Clayton_Bigsby (resized).PNGClayton_Bigsby (resized).PNG

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I honestly can't think of a better group for a rap pin. Modes, art, sound effects, the whole package practically writes itself.

It makes so much sense that it practically guarantees it will never happen. I can't see these old legend designers buying into the theme either. It would have to be someone younger.... looking at you Keith Elwin.

#76 6 years ago

Wu Tang Clan might just be somethin to fuck with, Spooky.

#77 6 years ago

Dolla Dolla Multiballllllllllllllll!

I'm sure this pin would be something Wu Tang would really be into, if they were approached. I can only imagine the custom callouts, or the crazy ideas they would have.

4 months later
    #78 6 years ago
    Quoted from TiltySimpson:

It'd sound great loaded with just Wu-Tang beats (also family friendly). Take from all Wu solo and side projects.
    Gravel Pit lower playfield
    Chess Board upper playfield
    Shaolin Shadowboxing (flippers fight against you)
    Complete 36 Chambers (modes)
    YES to Killa Bee Multiball!

Add to that some standup targets that spell M-E-T-H-O-D or C.R.E.A.M! Ball save could display "Protek ya neck".

There is a wealth of samples that could be used to create some of the greatest call outs ever. I'd buy this in a second!

2 months later
    #79 6 years ago

I’d actually like to see a Fat Boys machine. Between their rap career and their movies there’s plenty to work with, it’s a family friendly theme (if PG-13) and I’d assume the rights would be easier to score than Wu-Tang.

Imagine the human beat box audio samples. Or the reverb drenched “Faaatttt-Boooyyyyyss” when you press the start button.

Or the possibility of a Freddy Kruger, Pee-Wee Herman or Refrigerator Perry tie hidden specials.

It could also be the first in a series of Hip-Hop Family Tree pins based off the artwork of Ed Piskor.

2F406A02-90E7-468C-A46B-9846868AADDD (resized).jpeg2F406A02-90E7-468C-A46B-9846868AADDD (resized).jpeg

11 months later
    #80 5 years ago

Bumping this thread in hopes that someone makes this a reality (c’mon Spooky have you heard Gravediggaz?

). There are so many elements that could make this game deep: Kung fu, Chess, comic books, etc... I love the rock pins but some hip hop would liven up the pinball world a bit.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from RedPlunger:

Bumping this thread in hopes that someone makes this a reality (c’mon Spooky have you heard Gravediggaz? ). There are so many elements that could make this game deep: Kung fu, Chess, comic books, etc... I love the rock pins but some hip hop would liven up the pinball world a bit.

Now that's music!

1 year later
    #83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I wanna give a shout-out to all the school teachers... I wanna give a shout-out to umm... myself.

TO MYSELF

#84 3 years ago

AND THE SCHOOL TEACHERS.

#86 3 years ago

Electric Bat Arcade and I have been commenting on Stern's latest Instagram post with Wu Tang Comments. Let's all put the bug in their ear.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from orb:

Sure I love metal but getting sick of metal themes.

I'll get sick too, when they make an actual Metal pin. Ok Metallica used to be metal and IronMaiden? kinda but a real metal pin would be Slayer or heavier for me. Ah, Bolt Thrower. Thats the ticket, and that ticket won't happen. I like HipHop but not for pinball. Unless its this.

#89 3 years ago

I think a Wu Tang and Beastie Boys machine would kill on location. There fan base runs deep. Pinball has been catering to rock fans for years and it’s about time they start doing something different. Slayer pin would be sick as fuck but it’s time to bring on the bees!!

#90 3 years ago

i have always thought that Wu Tang would be an incredible pinball machine. tons of great content with some kung fu cross over content for some of the modes and sound effects. UP FROM THE 36 CHAMBERS!!!!!

#91 3 years ago

Bring on the Wu!

#92 3 years ago

I modded the code on my Metallica and changed it to Wu-Tang when I had it on location. It did quite well. One of my favorite things I did was have it say "dolla dolla bill y'all" when you insert a dollar bill. people really liked it they were posting pictures on Facebook and whatnot.

When I came up with the idea I ran to the craft store and stenciled/spray painted a ghetto fabulous translite:

Wu (resized).jpgWu (resized).jpg
    #93 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I modded the code on my Metallica and changed it to Wu-Tang when I had it on location. It did quite well. One of my favorite things I did was have it say "dolla dolla bill y'all" when you insert a dollar bill. people really liked it they were posting pictures on Facebook and whatnot.
    When I came up with the idea I ran to the craft store and stenciled/spray painted a ghetto fabulous translite:[quoted image]

So dope!!

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

When I came up with the idea I ran to the craft store and stenciled/spray painted a ghetto fabulous translite:[quoted image]

THAT'S FUCKIN AWESOME

#95 3 years ago

Get your fingers off the glass

#96 3 years ago

Not my era personally, but I'm all in for it.
    FFS you have peeps asking for REO Speedwagon themes here.

LITERALLY

#97 3 years ago

BRING DA RUCKUS
    WU TANG PINBALL LETS GO TAKE MY MONEY

#98 3 years ago

PERFECT TIME FOR STERN (happy birthday!) TO DROP THAT BEASTIE BOYS OR WU TANG CLAN PINBALL MACHINE!!

#99 3 years ago

KILLA BEE SWARM MULTI BALL
    TAKE MY MONEY

6 months later
    #100 3 years ago

When’s this dream gunna come true?

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wu-tang-pinball/page/2?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.