Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Crispin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StevenP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I don't know what you define as 'deep' but WPT is certainly one of the (if not THE) most *strategic* pins ever, shot-by-shot. Many strategy options with each shot, with incredible integration of playfield layout and rules. Far more coherent than the stack-a-zillion-random-modes TSPP, and strategy is a bit more focused than WOZ. 4 (5?) multiballs, a few mini-wizard modes plus the "Poker Valinor" Keefer Invitational, incredible flow, tons of drop targets, great 2" flipper play, etc. This game is way more than 'underrated.' And, it has a nice open playfield so it is very approachable for novices, yet the strategic subtleties and skill required (shooting lanes and ramps that start way up the playfield is much harder than shooting closer ones) make it a consummate game for the expert that won't get old.

Yeah, just some more of my effusive praise for WPT, probably my favorite game, period. (Yes, I own a WOZ, CV, LOTR, etc., and have played pretty much every modern pin.) BTW, people who think a good WPT strategy is to lock the ball on the mini-pf and then just hit it to start a multiball don't get it...

Also, WPT is fast as heck. You *did* remove the top left orbit gate and disable the flop/turn posts in the settings, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StevenP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-wpt-in-ohio?tu=StevenP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.