Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Crispin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a fairly nice WPT for sale or trade. Feel free to ask any and all questions and I'll answer them as best as I can. My reason for wanting to sell is that I'm looking to change up my line-up, I want something a bit more shallow with shorter game times.

Pros -
- Nice playfield
- Metal protector on central drop targets
- New boards from Stern installed (ensure there will not be the drop target issue the recall was for)
- Mirror Blades installed
- LEDs in the blue lights in the back
- DMD is fully working
- Display on the PF is fully working
- Translite is in great condition
- Inside is clean
- Works and plays great

Cons -
- Some dings/scratches on the cabinet
- Minor shooter lane wear
- Rubbers are a bit dirty (although it includes new rubbers, and I'll install them if I get a chance)

The games I'm looking for most are Taxi, Jackbot, Centaur (either version), Avengers, BSD, and Iron Man. Plus or minus cash where necessary. I'll consider any offers, however.

Cash sale price of $2,400.

Anyways, here's a link to the pictures. I'll be adding pictures of the inside, and will add more to that album as per request - http://imgur.com/a/w1WQs

#2 9 years ago

Friday bump!

#3 9 years ago

Bump! Adding a for sale price of $2,400.

#4 9 years ago

Metallik showed me this game lastnight. This is a huge sleeper pin to me. It is way more deep than I think most people give it credit for. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Problem for me is I have never played poker, so all the hoo-hah going on on the DMD means little to nothing. It's like another language, and therefore, I can't REALLY get into it.

Very deep game though, and $2400 if it is in solid shape is a very fair price.

#5 9 years ago

I would buy this if Buddy or someone was coming back east sometime and could bring it. Can't Justify 400 in shipping for it.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Metallik showed me this game lastnight. This is a huge sleeper pin to me. It is way more deep than I think most people give it credit for. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Problem for me is I have never played poker, so all the hoo-hah going on on the DMD means little to nothing. It's like another language, and therefore, I can't REALLY get into it.
Very deep game though, and $2400 if it is in solid shape is a very fair price.

Thanks for the kind words!

Also I agree. It has a great balance between depth and understandability IMO. I don't think that it's quite as deep as WOZ and TSPP, however the way the mode and city inserts are laid out makes it much easier to understand than those games while still being very deep.

I've gone back and forth many times on whether or not to sell it, but after playing a lot of BSD and Iron Man on location I've realized that I'm just more of a fan of fast and shallow games and would rather have one of those.

#7 9 years ago

I don't know what you define as 'deep' but WPT is certainly one of the (if not THE) most *strategic* pins ever, shot-by-shot. Many strategy options with each shot, with incredible integration of playfield layout and rules. Far more coherent than the stack-a-zillion-random-modes TSPP, and strategy is a bit more focused than WOZ. 4 (5?) multiballs, a few mini-wizard modes plus the "Poker Valinor" Keefer Invitational, incredible flow, tons of drop targets, great 2" flipper play, etc. This game is way more than 'underrated.' And, it has a nice open playfield so it is very approachable for novices, yet the strategic subtleties and skill required (shooting lanes and ramps that start way up the playfield is much harder than shooting closer ones) make it a consummate game for the expert that won't get old.

Yeah, just some more of my effusive praise for WPT, probably my favorite game, period. (Yes, I own a WOZ, CV, LOTR, etc., and have played pretty much every modern pin.) BTW, people who think a good WPT strategy is to lock the ball on the mini-pf and then just hit it to start a multiball don't get it...

Also, WPT is fast as heck. You *did* remove the top left orbit gate and disable the flop/turn posts in the settings, right?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I don't know what you define as 'deep' but WPT is certainly one of the (if not THE) most *strategic* pins ever, shot-by-shot. Many strategy options with each shot, with incredible integration of playfield layout and rules. Far more coherent than the stack-a-zillion-random-modes TSPP, and strategy is a bit more focused than WOZ. 4 (5?) multiballs, a few mini-wizard modes plus the "Poker Valinor" Keefer Invitational, incredible flow, tons of drop targets, great 2" flipper play, etc. This game is way more than 'underrated.' And, it has a nice open playfield so it is very approachable for novices, yet the strategic subtleties and skill required (shooting lanes and ramps that start way up the playfield is much harder than shooting closer ones) make it a consummate game for the expert that won't get old.
Yeah, just some more of my effusive praise for WPT, probably my favorite game, period. (Yes, I own a WOZ, CV, LOTR, etc., and have played pretty much every modern pin.) BTW, people who think a good WPT strategy is to lock the ball on the mini-pf and then just hit it to start a multiball don't get it...
Also, WPT is fast as heck. You *did* remove the top left orbit gate and disable the flop/turn posts in the settings, right?

Yup, no gate at the top and posts are off. It can certainly kick my ass at times. I define fast as fast opportunities to score though (ex. the triple multi-ball stack in BSD and Do or Die in Iron Man), where-as with Keefer's games it's more of many options for balanced long term strategies (which is still terrific by the way, I'm glad he makes his games the way he does, it's just not what I'm wanting at the moment). I totally agree with you though on how awesome of a game WPT is. Once I'm able to have a larger collection I'd like to get another one, but being one of my only games it's hard to justify keeping it because I just don't end up playing it very much.

#9 9 years ago

Great pin
I was playing it at stonehedge last night and had a blast. Like NPO said its a sleeper game and its a great bang for your buck.

love to get one if i had more cash

GLWS bump

#10 9 years ago

Change those old ribbers to white and let me know the rock bottom price. I may just brake down and pay for NAVL to ship it.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Change those old ribbers to white and let me know the rock bottom price. I may just brake down and pay for NAVL to ship it.

The ones on it are already white that have been replaced fairly recently. The reason I bought a new set is because the ones behind the drop targets are a bit dirty. I've never done shipping so I'm not sure how that'll work, though, but I'll PM you.

#12 9 years ago

Thanks! Let me know . ; )

#13 9 years ago

Bump! Updated sale price into title and main post.

#14 9 years ago

Another bump

#15 9 years ago

You should have followed up with me...
Bump for a great price

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You should have followed up with me...

A bit busy time wise so packing and shipping doesn't seem like the best for me, would prefer just a local cash/trade deal. Thanks for the offer, though!

#17 9 years ago

Too bad the timing isn't good or I'd join in on this one.

#18 9 years ago

Deal pending!

2 weeks later
#19 9 years ago

Deal fell through, so it's back for sale.

Also I'm mainly looking for cash now.

#20 9 years ago

Bump. Can deliver at PAPA on Saturday.

#21 9 years ago

I wish you were local dude.. I've been looking for a WPT for a long time, and you want a Jackbot... feh!

#22 9 years ago

Fun pin one of those in which the market value does not reflect how cool it really is. GLWS.

#23 9 years ago

Post PAPA bump!

#24 9 years ago

Game has been sold.

#25 9 years ago

NOOOOOOOoooooooo, I mean Congrats Waddle!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-wpt-in-ohio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.