• 46 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

#1 5 years ago

So, I really can't believe this day has come. Tron LE has been my favorite for years but with three Borg games in my lineup I just want to shake things up a bit.

I'm looking for a NIB STLE plus $2,000 coming my way.

I'm in no rush to do this so I'm happy to wait for a local deal to avoid the mess with shipping two games, but I could be talked into shipping if the other party arranges and pays. I want to deal only with Pinsiders please.

My Tron LE is loaded. Off the top of my head I have the following mods:

Shaker motor
Light cycles by Ditto
Arcade mod
Mirror blades by Drano
Pingulp hand painted by Trilogy
Laseriffic topper
Chrome apron by a Pinsider designed for the LE
Upgraded sub by flipper fidelity
Cliffy's installed from day one
Leg protectors from day one
Light cycle speaker grills (I never installed these)

I think there may be one or two things I am forgetting. This game has been my baby for years and I am the only owner. The game has had no problems, the only blemishes are minor dimples on the chrome side rails. I did just replace the disc the other day.

The Invisiglass is staying with me for the STLE.

Anyway, I am up in Portland, Oregon for the weekend and will not be returning to Louisiana until Monday. I will post some pics on Tuesday. If I don't respond to PMs much this weekend don't take it personally.

I'm firm on what I am looking for: STLE NIB plus 2k. I'm fairly firm about it needing to be a local deal where someone picks up my Tron and drops off the STLE and cash, but could be talked into shipping as I said earlier.

Pics coming on Tuesday. Thanks for looking.

#3 5 years ago

You TRAITOR!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You TRAITOR!

Haha! I recall you selling yours once to!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Haha! I recall you selling yours once to!

Yeah, but I just bought one back, so a cautionary tale to be sure! = P

#6 5 years ago

...your gonna regret this

#7 5 years ago

Don't do it! That's gotta be the one pin if I ever had that I would never let go of. STLE is fun, but it's not Tron fun.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

...your gonna regret this

I have debated this same thing and wish you luck with this trade. Star Trek is damn good just not sure you won't miss Tron, it's kinda special.

#9 5 years ago

What? ...Wait!

Well, since you had an IMve unboxing party, does that mean next week we can have a Tron LE pre-trade-out party?

#10 5 years ago

Lol. Tigerlaw, I did the exact same trade. Went well and neither of us regretted it. Tron LE is fun but not STLE deep, which will be deeper still after update a comin'.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

What? ...Wait!
Well, since you had an IMve unboxing party, does that mean next week we can have a TRON LE pre-trade-out party?

Haha! A good bye send off party would seem to be in order.

#12 5 years ago

Send me that pin gulp for christmas and all will be forgiven.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Haha! A good bye send off party would seem to be in order.

You can always come over and play my pro...

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Send me that pin gulp for christmas and all will be forgiven.

Trilogy's work is the best. I need to order one for my IMVE from him. I'm waiting to see if I get the STLE so I can order two at the same time. Looks like I'm going to the expo in Chicago this year by the way. We need to get together for a beer.

#15 5 years ago

Sorry, but it must be said: trading a Tron LE for a STLE is a huge (dare I say "epic"?) mistake.

There. I feel better now.

#16 5 years ago

Every game gets old after a while. Good to trade games and mix up the collection.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Every game gets old after a while. Good to trade games and mix up the collection.

Not in this case.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not in this case.

I sold Tron as well. Now after a year I am craving Tron and would like to pick another one up. Go figure!

#19 5 years ago

I sold Tron as well. Now after a year I am craving Tron and would like to pick another one up. Go figure!

I made the mistake of selling my Tron LE once too.

Once.

#20 5 years ago

I didn't.

#21 5 years ago

Every game gets old after a while.

Exactly. That's why I sold my ST Premium after 2 months and have kept my Tron for over 2 years. Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm.

#22 5 years ago

Keep the Tron LE. You will miss it !

#23 5 years ago

PMs responded to. No deal in place yet. Thanks for the interest guys.

#24 5 years ago

We sold Tron LE and haven't missed it for a second.
Move on with a new game, dump that old turd

#25 5 years ago

You know the story of my former and newly purchased Trons, I think. Not again. I likes it too much.

#26 5 years ago

I just can't seem to fathom ever selling my modded Tron (eli lit ramps, subwoofer, LEDs galore, etc). My friends and I have put in over 4500 plays on it just in the last three months since it's arrival. I pumped money into two public Tron machines for about two years and it never seems to get old. Perhaps, if I was seriously strapped for cash and needed the money would I only consider such a sell. I keep seeing on the internet from previous owners who sold their HUO Tron and now regret it.

LONG LIVE THE USERS!

#27 5 years ago

until now, i got few times the idea & possibility to sell mine (just to mix up the collection and play something else, not because i dont like it anymore)
than, for some good and/or bad reasons, pin is still home...
the few times deal was very close and finally not concluded, it ended for me with alleviation

at the moment, i'm again in talks with a guy, all seems going to finish with a deal, but the more it came close, the more i feel "strange"
than, as always, i'll go to the basement and play few games, and directly i know that it will be a real mistake if...

so strange feeling, hard to explain, may be we just have to admit that TRON LE is something really special, and a very good pin for sure which will be hardly replace by another (to me, personnal taste, seems that only a x-men le or tspp could do it)

(and of course glwts)

#28 5 years ago

Tron LE will be the last pin i'll ever sell. I have both Tron and STLE. STLE is fun but doesn't measure up to Tron for me personally. Tread carefully, or cry later!

#29 5 years ago

Variety is a good thing. You will enjoy changing it up a little.

#30 5 years ago

Definitely a good thing to change things up. Some marry tron le while others don't -- totally a matter of taste.

The trade offer sounds quite fair. Free bump. GLWTT.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

Some marry TRON LE while others don't -- totally a matter of taste.

I'd trade mine for a nice Big Guns and maybe a little cash.

#32 5 years ago

PMs responded to. Thanks for all the interest guys. I'm still in Portland. Back in Louisiana tomorrow.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

PMs responded to. Thanks for all the interest guys. I'm still in Portland. Back in Louisiana tomorrow.

Good. Still time to come to your senses!

#34 5 years ago

Every game gets old after a while.

Except Tron

#35 5 years ago

Oh wow. Say it ain't so. If I had a STLE, I'd figure out a way to head over to Louisiana or meet you halfway in Houston to make that deal.

#36 5 years ago

I feel you Tiger after playing a pin so many times I need to mix it up at a certain point. Good luck finding a trade that works for you buddy.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I feel you Tiger after playing a pin so many times I need to mix it up at a certain point. .

Me too.

Except Tron lol

#38 5 years ago

I'll pile on... Don't do it! You'll regret it.

Trade some of your other games.

#39 5 years ago

Yea, I agree with the sentiment gang but I don't really have another game to trade.

I've had DW for 22 years, gift from my father.
My Sorcerer and SC are possibly the nicest examples of either in existence (both are certainly in the running and would be challenging to ever look to replace).
My son would go wild if I traded RFM.
I literally just opened up IM last week.
I'm one if the biggest xmen fans ever and my Wolverine is number 3 and blinged out as much as the Tron is.

Also, of my games other than DW I've had Tron the longest. It's been with me for a good three years now.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, I agree with the sentiment gang but I don't really have another game to trade.
I've had DW for 22 years, gift from my father.
My Sorcerer and SC are possibly the nicest examples of either in existence (both are certainly in the running and would be challenging to ever look to replace).
My son would go wild if I traded RFM.
I literally just opened up IM last week.
I'm one if the biggest xmen fans ever and my Wolverine is number 3 and blinged out as much as the Tron is.
Also, of my games other than DW I've had Tron the longest. It's been with me for a good three years now.

Sounds like you don't have a problem to me.

From a former Tron LE owner, just remember that they are all just toys. I have not regretted selling my Tron LE. But I did give serious consideration to buying yours.

Marcus

#41 5 years ago

WANT TRON LE..!

Why don't you want anything I have? Or do you...

#42 5 years ago

Even if one can't afford a Tron LE then getting the Pro version with several mods such as Eli Lit ramps, large lit light cycles, and the Tron arcade is, I think, a very suitable replacement while saving several grand $$.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from kbowmandc:

Even if one can't afford a TRON LE then getting the Pro version with several mods such as Eli Lit ramps, large lit light cycles, and the Tron arcade is, I think, a very suitable replacement while saving several grand $$.

Got one of those...I'm ready to sell it and upgrade

#44 5 years ago

Tron has always been on my radar, just not one I have picked up because other pins have come my way. I like the flow on Star Trek a little more, but I love the TRON theme and music just as much.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I made the mistake of selling my TRON LE once too.
Once.

Sorry Rob

#46 5 years ago

I've reached a tentative local deal pending finalization of the pick up and drop off. Locking thread. Thanks for all the interest gang.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside