• Latest reply 10 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Exhausted.gif
chef.gif
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I have a NIB MOPLE LE on the way and would rather have BBB. Also have NIB ACDC BIB and NIB ACDC LTBR that I could possibly offer as part of a trade deal as well.

I am mainly just interested in trade towards a nice BBB but might consider trades for some HEP restored titles that were restored in the last 3 or 4 years or for a nice CC (all trades plus/minus cash as needed). Not looking for any other trades at this point.

Contact me directly if you have any interest in trying to make a trade. I will be at Allentown show all day Friday and Saturday if anyone wants to discuss a possible deal, get a hold of me and we can talk.

Thx

Jim
614-893-3282
[email protected]

#2 10 years ago

It's like Deja Vu all over again.

#3 10 years ago

chef.gifchef.gif

#4 10 years ago

Why the popcorn? Did I miss something?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's like Deja Vu all over again.

Its a choice some of you guys make... do I try to stir things up or not? Its a choice and some choose to create trouble. I hope this is not where some of you are trying to take this...

All I see here is a simple, harmless trade post. If interested contact him, if not move on.

#7 10 years ago

Yeah I think the prior threads have let the steam off - it's probably a safe time to start offering up NIB METLE's without starting a war.

#8 10 years ago

I agree with tony. Enough already. Are we adults here or kids?

#9 10 years ago

Good luck Jim.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

I agree with tony. Enough already. Are we adults here or kids?

Put the FS/FT offer in the freaking Market if you dont want comments. (this is probably the 5000th time this has been posted on pinside)

Perhaps some people have these threads just to attract the drama as they are bored and need something to liven up their day.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Put the FS/FT offer in the freaking Market if you dont want comments. (this is probably the 5000th time this has been posted on pinside)
Perhaps some people have these threads just to attract the drama as they are bored and need something to liven up their day.

Its a simple trade post, I see no drama... It doesn't matter where its posted its still a choice whether or not to make it into something its not. The drama will come only from those that choose to make it into that. Please make the right choice... is this really too much to ask?

#12 10 years ago

I have a HEP (Hilton Enigma Pinballs) restored FishTales I will trade straight up for your MOPLE.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Its a choice some of you guys make... do I try to stir things up or not? Its a choice and some choose to create trouble. I hope this is not where some of you are trying to take this...
All I see here is a simple, harmless trade post. If interested contact him, if not move on.

Uh...sensitive much?

It is the ultimate in irony to see you write about "stirring things up" and "create trouble" when replying to my post, which, to remind you, simply said:

"It's like Deja Vu all over again"

Did he not post this exact thread before? Why yes, yes he did! Hell, there's even a link to it in this thread!

That's what I was referring to when I said "It's like Deja Vu all over again". Seems pretty harmless to me.

So whose the one here that is "stirring things up"? Creating trouble? Being overly sensitive? Drama queen? Defender of something that doesn't need defending?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He's commenting on... the first rule of the site

Rule number one: be nice!
It's really simple, when you're on the Pinsde, try to be nice to others and you'll find that they'll generally be nice to you to.

Keep your contributions civil, tasteful and relevant (on the subject of pinball). The aim of Pinside.com: to provide the best place on the web to talk pinball!

The post in question really don't help support that ideal...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Uh...sensitive much?
It is the ultimate in irony to see you write about "stirring things up" and "create trouble" when replying to my post, which, to remind you, simply said:
"It's like Deja Vu all over again"
Did he not post this exact thread before? Why yes, yes he did! Hell, there's even a link to it in this thread!
That's what I was referring to when I said "It's like Deja Vu all over again". Seems pretty harmless to me.
So whose the one here that is "stirring things up"? Creating trouble? Being overly sensitive? Drama queen? Defender of something that doesn't need defending?

Bringing up the past post doesn't seem like a good idea to me. It was a train wreck that Pinside would like to forget it. Or at least I hope most of us would. No harm meant in what I said just trying to derail any further drama... let's all smile and enjoy the beautiful sunshine!

Good luck with the trade Jim...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Bringing up the past post doesn't seem like a good idea to me. It was a train wreck that Pinside would like to forget it. Or at least I hope most of us would. No harm meant in what I said just trying to derail any further drama... let's all smile and enjoy the beautiful sunshine!
Good luck with the trade Jim...

Fair enough Tony!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a HEP (Hilton Enigma Pinballs) restored FishTales I will trade straight up for your MOPLE.

you interested OP?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you interested OP?

Did you PM him or call him? By what I read it sounds like you should call him, meet him at A-Town or PM him... that is if your serious.

#19 10 years ago

Jims a good guy. He helped me out big time recently. Good luck with the trade Jim.

#21 10 years ago

I thought when I clicked on this, it was going to be Teekee's thread. But it wasn't. But I knew if he didn't start it, he wouldn't be far behind.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I thought when I clicked on this, it was going to be Teekee's thread. But it wasn't. But I knew if he didn't start it, he wouldn't be far behind.

He's now the self-appointed Pinside Ethics Police....lol

#23 10 years ago

Mople? Really?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Did you PM him or call him? By what I read it sounds like you should call him, meet him at A-Town or PM him... that is if your serious.

Why the hell are you interjecting in my trade offer? This does not concern you. Are you making an offer? If not, then GTFO.

Isn't that what you are always preaching? 'If it does not concern you then don't post'. You should practice a little what you are always saying TeeKee.

back to the topic at hand... OP, are you interested in my top shelf restored FishTales? Clearcoated pf, LED'd, basically no cab fade (original cab and not some crappy redecal), awesome powder everywhere, won for best in show at MGC2013, SigmaDMD installed. Probably one of the nicest FTales on the planet. I am thinking straight up would be a fair trade.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why the hell are you interjecting in my trade offer? This does not concern you. Are you making an offer? If not, then GTFO.
Isn't that what you are always preaching? 'If it does not concern you then don't post'. You should practice a little what you are always saying TeeKee.
back to the topic at hand... OP, are you interested in my top shelf restored FishTales? Clearcoated pf, LED'd, basically no cab fade (original cab and not some crappy redecal), awesome powder everywhere, won for best in show at MGC2013, SigmaDMD installed. Probably one of the nicest FTales on the planet. I am thinking straight up would be a fair trade.

The OP requested direct contact, and he's probably not monitoring the thread with the Allentown show going on. TeeKee gave you great advice to PM, and preferably call, as that is OP's preferred method of contact.

Of course I can also save you some time and say "NO!", but you should contact OP directly to get that answer.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just offering helpful advice but it seems you have a little too much anger inside... smile and enjoy the day!

#27 10 years ago

Jim, the OP, is a fair guy.I have spoken with him in the past.If this offer bothers you, then either find another post to contribute to, or move on.
Just sayin.........

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you interested OP?

I'm very interested. Please contact my agent (Teekee) to work out the details. Or u can contact me directly like I asked.

#29 10 years ago

LOL

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That was a bad ass looking game

#31 10 years ago

I think this post wins the "Most Acronyms in a Title" award on Pinside.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Buffpac5:

That was a bad ass looking game

thanks. Just spoke with the OP and unfortunately he values his MOPLE at a 20% markup but is unwilling to value my FT as a 20% markup also... Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I guess it was wishful thinking that the price hype would be equal both ways.

I probably should really put a value of over 8k on my FT anyway. Over 3k in parts, plus over 250 hours in labor and I am probably still underselling my work if I just valued it at $20 per hour (5k in labor). Meh... I will just wait an play MET after it is actually out and see if I even like it I suppose.

#33 10 years ago

Jim is a fair guy and always upfront and honest.

#34 10 years ago

My dealings with Jim have been nothing but positive as well. If you hear it from this many people, there must be something to it.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks. Just spoke with the OP and unfortunately he values his MOPLE at a 20% markup but is unwilling to value my FT as a 20% markup also... Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
I guess it was wishful thinking that the price hype would be equal both ways.
I probably should really put a value of over 8k on my FT anyway. Over 3k in parts, plus over 250 hours in labor and I am probably still underselling my work if I just valued it at $20 per hour (5k in labor). Meh... I will just wait an play MET after it is actually out and see if I even like it I suppose.

There's a huge difference between "markup" and going rate. I think you are confusing the two. MOPLE is going for a minimum of $9k right now. Not sure what OP is thinking in terms of price - maybe he is marking up 20% over $9k, in which case it would be a markup. Sorry just seen too many people the last few weeks seemingly wanting to get someone's METLE at cost or just a few hundred more. Unfortunately that's not the going rate.

#36 10 years ago

Fatrain is selling one for less than that, shipped.

#37 10 years ago

Would you prefer a NAPPLE?

#38 10 years ago

I would trade you a BBB for a METLE, but not a Mople...also only if you can get that METLE on a pallet and shipped today...can you do that for a brutha?!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

There's a huge difference between "markup" and going rate. I think you are confusing the two. MOPLE is going for a minimum of $9k right now. Not sure what OP is thinking in terms of price - maybe he is marking up 20% over $9k, in which case it would be a markup. Sorry just seen too many people the last few weeks seemingly wanting to get someone's METLE at cost or just a few hundred more. Unfortunately that's not the going rate.

Sorry but when a Distributor is selling a game before he even has it in his hands for WELL over MSRP, that is called a markup.

In conjunction, if you want to take the distributor thing out of the equation in order to talk about markup vs going rate>>I know of the vast majority of METLE owners paid around $7200 delivered
so as far as I am concerned that is the going rate. After games are physically delivered and in peoples hands then we can see what the going rate is. Until games are in homes then anyone selling for more than MSRP is marking them up.

I was not confusing anything.

#40 10 years ago

So msrp+ship is $7200 give or take.

This being ForTrade, what is the trade value being offered, op?

edit-oh wait, if he is a distrib he can't put prices on here....

re-edit- although if its not for sale perhaps Stern rules dont apply?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im pretty sure he isn't a stern distributor. Last guy that said that took a bunch of crap for it. And I also believe the game was listed in the market at one point for 8800, but it was removed. I cant be positive though.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Im pretty sure he isn't a stern distributor. Last guy that said that took a bunch of crap for it. And I also believe the game was listed in the market at one point for 8800, but it was removed. I cant be positive though.

Gotcha, if the op could clarify that would be great.

edit-nevermind, its in the other thread

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Fatrain is selling one for less than that, shipped.

He just sold it

#44 10 years ago

Wow some people here get really bent out of shape whenever anyone implies that fishing for suckers is not the inviolable primary purpose of Pinside

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from GListOverflow:

Wow some people here get really bent out of shape whenever anyone implies that fishing for suckers is not the inviolable primary purpose of Pinside

There are a lot of sharks swimming in the pinball waters-- no question about it. However, there are a lot of great people too! Seek those people out and only deal with them. That's the ticket to happiness in the pinball hobby. I haven't had one sour transaction on either the buying or selling end. Anyone could get duped, I suppose, but you minimize your chances when you know who you're dealing with or use your "Spidey sense" when you don't know who your dealing with.

#46 10 years ago

Jim is a collector and a player. He is a damn good guy. You guys that are always on here giving him a rough time for OFFERING up games that others may want really are usually out of line and IMO it's so damn old. If you don't like what someone offers simply walk on. He is not a Shark, or a demon in this hobby. He puts up his own money to get games. He pays for them in full. If he wants to offer them up for trade WHO CARES?
Quit with the "it's ruining the hobby" stuff. It is not and that is a little dramatic. Metallica LE was in serious demand and that's that.
Sorry but, this crap is getting old. Now..... GLWT Jim. Someone will appreciate it when they get the LE they want and you want to let go of. End of story.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

If you don't like what someone offers simply walk on. He is not a Shark, or a demon in this hobby.

Yeah, he's no Teekee!!! Jim's one of the good guys!

#48 10 years ago

I might add too. Again. I couple months ago when I needed to quickly dump nearly my entire collection Jim wrote me just to say if I wanted to talk about it let him know. Well, I made the choice to say yes. He made me a very fair offer and took a chance buying my games and a friends games. He sent me a VERY LARGE check over night and the games did not get picked up for another 3 weeks at which he said "play the crap out of them and enjoy while they are there". I did. then I wrapped them in the garage and they were picked up. One of them was my New HULK which I know he did not make any money on. In the end their was not that much room for mark up. Sure, he probably made a little cash out of it but, look what he did for me when I needed to move them quickly.
So back off and let it go already. I have met some pinheads that are real winners and some that are not. Throw the dirt on the ones that are not. And posting conversations you had with someone about deals online is shady in it's own right. PM people already.
Jim is cool. Teekee is cool. Ain't no shame in flippin' thru games wether they are the beat cheap pins or the higher-end or new pins. To each their own.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

MSRP for METLE was $7595 plus shipping. The $7200 shipped was the preorder discounted price by some distributors. Many went for MSRP, not the discounted price.

#50 10 years ago

Teekee gets you guys going on here. I admit that. I assure you he isn't so bad in person or on the phone. He is a good guy too. Similar boat as Jim. Teekee and I made a very fair deal for my AFM and his NIB BIBLE last fall. I was happy.
Again, just chill out guys. If it's not your deal than why do you care? That is one thing that has REALLY changed about pinside this past year is so many NEGATIVE comments from the same a holes on every FS or FT thread. Anyway, I've said my peace. So peace out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-nib-mople-nib-bib-or-nib-ltbr-for-bbb-cc-or-some-hep-restored-titles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.